4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Merle Travis

So...where is the patch Rockstar?

Merle Travis

The game is good, but in my opinion should be shown a little more love by Rockstar. Things I'd like to see:

•  Let us store pelts on carriages, let us own carriages and wagons
  •  Add time cycle slow down option, time is moving way too fast
  •  Fix lighting bugs were lighting flickers
  •  Ability to own more than 2 horses
  •  Unequip holster and bag
  •  Fix low res skybox, everything else looks nice beside the out of focus sky
  •  Add owning properties and cabins
  •  Fix bounty system, too sensitive
  •  Let us close the coats
  •  Ability to remove overpants and shirts to bathe in rivers and lakes
  •  Let us sit on benches and chairs outside of camp
  •  Fix weather bug and short sunset fix
  •  Add dropping weapons feature. Give us a decent inventory mechanic
  •  Making eating matter, make it easier to become fat, you are always underweight now
  •  Fix the input lag and free aim deadzone issues
  •  Custom weapon loadouts
  •  Add longer animations fix for smoking and eating and things you want to watch
  •  Placing tents really where you want and not at locations

Hopefully we will see some of these addressed by Rockstar in a patch, or our only hope is mods for a possible PC version.

Edited by Merle Travis

TheSantader25

Half of the things you want are FEATURES.The game could take 100+ hours to complete and you're talking about lack of content?  Patches fix glitches. Nothing more. Apart from a few problems the game is perfect. It's an easy 9.5/10.I can't believe I'm still playing it after a month considering I haven't played any other game and just been playing RDR2 non stop. 

MjrOu812

I agree that a patch is way over due, just cant believe Rockstar has not given us one yet, now I have read at a couple gaming sites that they are working on one, and it will come out before the online feature comes out? 

MostWantedMVP

Rykjeklut

I could see your point until the last paragraph. Then you turned in to a generic entitled brat.

MostWantedMVP
4 minutes ago, Rykjeklut said:

I could see your point until the last paragraph. Then you turned in to a generic entitled brat.

He's basically listing his own wishlist. 😄

Rykjeklut
1 minute ago, MostWantedMVP said:

He's basically listing his own wishlist. 😄

I NEED ALL THESE THINGS AND I WANT THEM NOOOOOW!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The FoolYT

Prob until online drops

Penicuikscotland2010

The same day RDR: O releases i would guess.

AdmiralJT
2 hours ago, Merle Travis said:

The game is good, but in my opinion should be shown a little more love by Rockstar. Because there is so much still missing that needs patching. My biggest pet peeves, as others have said:

•  Add horse carriage pelt storing feature
  •  Fixed bounty system
  •  Making eating matter
  •  Add longer animations fix for smoking and eating and things you want to watch

So where is the patch Rockstar?

1 hour ago, MjrOu812 said:

I agree that a patch is way over due, just cant believe Rockstar has not given us one yet, now I have read at a couple gaming sites that they are working on one, and it will come out before the online feature comes out? 

Really?

They spent how many years working on this game, and just this week were taking a hit because they were working 100+ hour weeks just before release, and you think three weeks is to long to wait for an update?

Get over yourselves. They've earned the right to take some time off. Online is being worked on now, I'm sure that's the main focus now as it should be. 

happygrowls

a patch will come w online, chill

AdmiralJT
2 hours ago, MjrOu812 said:

I agree that a patch is way over due

That is not a statement from someone who simply wants to know when a patch is coming. 

jje1000

I heard that the whole 100-hour work week brouhaha basically ended up with  Rockstar giving employees most of November off as compensation (well-deserved though).

I would imagine that at this point, a patch will likely come alongside RDO, like what other people are saying.

Gallows
3 hours ago, Merle Travis said:

The game is good, but in my opinion should be shown a little more love by Rockstar. Because there is so much still missing that needs patching. My biggest pet peeves, as others have said:

•  Add horse carriage pelt storing feature
  •  Fixed bounty system
  •  Making eating matter

So where is the patch Rockstar?

We need a patch to fix bugs and the train robberies, but many items on your list are not bug fixes. The Bounty system in general works just fine except for train robberies.

I am curious about the deadzone issues you mention and of you’re talking about stick deadzone? I have set my deadzone to zero and it works fine enough. If you mean deadzone for the trigger, then yes, but the real version of the gun would also have a trigger deadzone. If you press the trigger slowly you’ll see. If you press it quickly, it will fire just fine and quickly.

I think RDO and patch will arrive together as others have already mentioned.

Edited by Gallows

dieseltech20

..for things you want to watch...

Who WANTS to watch that stuff?

Spend 10 minutes watching them eat a bowl of stew or real time meal eating?

Smoking? Smoking? That sh*t is the stupidest thing on earth to do in real life. Last thing I want to do is watch video game characters look like a dumb ass sucking on a little white dick of death. No offense intended to any real smokers.

-jr-

Rockstar will only focus on Online fixes/DLC from now on. They don't care about fixing singleplayer...

Mach1bud
2 hours ago, -jr- said:

Rockstar will only focus on Online fixes/DLC from now on. They don't care about fixing singleplayer...

Very incorrect. They patched up V's story mode and added many cars before eventually stopping. 

roe

I'd love them to add in most of the things you mentioned but it's pretty unlikely (certainly with the first real post-launch patch).  There's enough bugs and glitches for them to sort out first anyway.

ibsmokin
8 hours ago, Gallows said:

We need a patch to fix bugs and the train robberies, but many items on your list are not bug fixes. The Bounty system in general works just fine except for train robberies.

I am curious about the deadzone issues you mention and of you’re talking about stick deadzone? I have set my deadzone to zero and it works fine enough. If you mean deadzone for the trigger, then yes, but the real version of the gun would also have a trigger deadzone. If you press the trigger slowly you’ll see. If you press it quickly, it will fire just fine and quickly.

I think RDO and patch will arrive together as others have already mentioned.

The wanted and bounty system do not work as they should. The defuse action doesn’t actually do anything. You can only surrender for basically bumping into someone. Anything else and they’re shooting at you. Thank god the AI for the most part is a terrible shot. There are other things that need tweaks but are fairly easy to look past. 

Gallows
5 minutes ago, ibsmokin said:

The wanted and bounty system do not work as they should. The defuse action doesn’t actually do anything. You can only surrender for basically bumping into someone. Anything else and they’re shooting at you. Thank god the AI for the most part is a terrible shot. There are other things that need tweaks but are fairly easy to look past. 

Not true at all. I have surrendered after commiting murder. Defuse does work for smaller things like disturbing the peace. If those are the things you find problematic about the Bounty system, you don’t need a patch.

Edited by Gallows

ibsmokin
2 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Not true at all. I have surrendered after commiting murder. Defuse does work for smaller things like disturbing the peace. If those are the things you find problematic about the Bounty system, you don’t need a patch.

Getting arrested for bumping into someone or standing in a certain area for to long doesn’t need to be patched? See the thing is to defuse a situation where I’ve bumped or annoyed someone I have to leave town. It’s happened several times where I’ve just got to the town and this happens. 

Gallows
10 minutes ago, ibsmokin said:

Getting arrested for bumping into someone or standing in a certain area for to long doesn’t need to be patched? See the thing is to defuse a situation where I’ve bumped or annoyed someone I have to leave town. It’s happened several times where I’ve just got to the town and this happens. 

Even when bumping the sherif I haven’t had any issues. Unless you mean on your horse. I haven’t bumped anyone on my horse the last 100+ hours of play in Saint denise or anywhere. Ride more carefully. If you have low honour and you keep standing near a sherif and look at him he will get annoyed. Just don’t. I can antagonize, defuse, antagonize, defuse until the person either runs away or fights me. If he fights me I can knock him out right in front of the sherif without consequences. Have already posted a video on this.

If you have recently cause trouble in the area the law will be less patient with you, but not because you annoy someone.

Post a video with this happening and maybe we can se what the issue is. How is your honour? I have been at both extremes and while there is a difference, it certainly did not cause any big issues.

Edited by Gallows

silly_nate
1 hour ago, ibsmokin said:

I killed someone with a few punches in Saint Denis and when the cops showed up I pressed X to diffuse and they told me to leave. So I left. Once out of city limits I turned around and went back. Nada. No bounty or nothing. 

Well, I would say there is definitely things that need to be added, fixed and changed.

Let's see..

• If the player follow an NPC on foot/on horse he will become annoyed very quickly, in a few seconds; "why are you following me ?". It can be immersion and game breaking very fast e.g. if you walk, take your time and explore places like Saint Denis or Blackwater with the high NPC's density or even walk normally behind someone in a hotel or a saloon.

• Train robberies usually result in a automatic "CRIME REPORTED" at some point without any actual witnesses reporting the crime. Well, in the end train robberies should follow the sames rules as robbing a shop, robbing someone etc. What does it mean ? It's very simple, if nobody actually sees you robbing a train, it can't be reported and you can't become wanted.

• Lawman can identify the player no matter what. I think that with a bandana, there should be a certain % of chance that lawman CAN recognize the player if he stay in range for too long. I do not think tho that lawman should be able to identify the player if he wear a mask.

• A witness can report bodies, crime etc in the wilderness in a few minutes even if there is no town in the surrounding area. I think that witnesses should not be able to report anything if there is no nearby town, there is nothing more immersion breaking in a game like that to see a bunch of lawman coming out of thin air because a witness reported a crime to sheriff hollow-man in the middle of nowhere. If there is a town not too far, witnesses should actually go and be within a certain radius near the said town to actually report something. Or else what's the purpose of committing crime in the wilderness ? 

• Lawman spawning from nowhere in the wilderness. That follow what I just said above, once the witness reached a town radius and 'reported' the crime, lawman should be spawned from this same radius near the town.

• Lawman wave spawning rate e.g. kill a few lawman in Valentine and you end up with 10 lawman coming out from nowhere. It is in my opinion a given but well..lawman wave and spawning number/speed should be according to the town size.

• New Austin is supposed to be mostly lawless but yet a random person can become a witness and report to invisible lawman.

• You can't close your coats like in the introduction. ??

• You can't press R2 to consume and hold a cigarette, cigar or a bottle of whiskey, gin whatever coming out from your satchel. ??

• You can't lean on walls, sit on random chairs, stairs etc. ??

• Eating in a saloon result of a ~10 seconds animation where you can't even eat by yourself! (R2 to eat! like eating stew in the camp! god damn it!)

Those things are very questionable in my opinion, especially for a game that were in the making for 8 years with that amount of money and that amount on people working on it but oh well..

Edited by anthony

TheSantader25

@anthony

I agree with all your points except the train robbery. While I agree that the time which takes that you enter the "crime reported" situation should be increased but You have to realize that trains pass stations. And if a train isn't there at the right time the station could report that something has happened to the train in the middle of the way. 

Vanzant

You can't press R2 to consume and hold a cigarette, cigar or a bottle of whiskey, gin whatever coming out from your satchel. ??

I've seen this complaint a few times, however that cannot be changed. These items are needed for the most part to quickly restore dead eye and would be annoying if they were prolonged.

Shadowfennekin

It's well overdue

There are several things that need patched.....

Like moose spawn points

mde2
2 hours ago, Vanzant said:

I've seen this complaint a few times, however that cannot be changed. These items are needed for the most part to quickly restore dead eye and would be annoying if they were prolonged. 

If possible a good compromise would be having these anims be quick in combat (obviously the game can detect when you're in combat, hence why music starts playing and such based on the situation) and while idle you could have the option to extend them.

3Prcntr

I would like the option to drop weapons. Too many times it has equipped a weapon I don't use and is worse than the weapon I have set as default.

Horse stats should show a "spook" level.

The dead eye not regenerating is stupid. If health and stamina do, why doesn't dead eye. Same with core across the board. Just a terrible feature.

I doubt these things can be changed, but it would be nice. I'm sure there is more too.

Gallows
5 hours ago, anthony said:

Well, I would say there is definitely things that need to be added, fixed and changed.

Let's see..

• If the player follow an NPC on foot/on horse he will become annoyed very quickly, in a few seconds; "why are you following me ?". It can be immersion and game breaking very fast e.g. if you walk, take your time and explore places like Saint Denis or Blackwater with the high NPC's density or even walk normally behind someone in a hotel or a saloon.

• Train robberies usually result in a automatic "CRIME REPORTED" at some point without any actual witnesses reporting the crime. Well, in the end train robberies should follow the sames rules as robbing a shop, robbing someone etc. What does it mean ? It's very simple, if nobody actually sees you robbing a train, it can't be reported and you can't become wanted.

• Lawman can identify the player no matter what. I think that with a bandana, there should be a certain % of chance that lawman CAN recognize the player if he stay in range for too long. I do not think tho that lawman should be able to identify the player if he wear a mask.

• A witness can report bodies, crime etc in the wilderness in a few minutes even if there is no town in the surrounding area. I think that witnesses should not be able to report anything if there is no nearby town, there is nothing more immersion breaking in a game like that to see a bunch of lawman coming out of thin air because a witness reported a crime to sheriff hollow-man in the middle of nowhere. If there is a town not too far, witnesses should actually go and be within a certain radius near the said town to actually report something. Or else what's the purpose of committing crime in the wilderness ? 

• Lawman spawning from nowhere in the wilderness. That follow what I just said above, once the witness reached a town radius and 'reported' the crime, lawman should be spawned from this same radius near the town.

• Lawman wave spawning rate e.g. kill a few lawman in Valentine and you end up with 10 lawman coming out from nowhere. It is in my opinion a given but well..lawman wave and spawning number/speed should be according to the town size.

• New Austin is supposed to be mostly lawless but yet a random person can become a witness and report to invisible lawman.

• You can't close your coats like in the introduction. ??

• You can't press R2 to consume and hold a cigarette, cigar or a bottle of whiskey, gin whatever coming out from your satchel. ??

• You can't lean on walls, sit on random chairs, stairs etc. ??

• Eating in a saloon result of a ~10 seconds animation where you can't even eat by yourself! (R2 to eat! like eating stew in the camp! god damn it!)

Those things are very questionable in my opinion, especially for a game that were in the making for 8 years with that amount of money and that amount on people working on it but oh well..

A lot of good points and presented in a good way.

I have not noticed the NPCs getting annoyed except when I stand still next to them and look at them, or press LT to focus on them. I am on the side of good honour, so don’t know if that plays a part. 

Train robberies. After further investigation I think they may work as intended, with perhaps a slight balance issue. The usual system would not work for trains, because you would never get a Bounty. Someone made a profit of $300 after paying his $90 Bounty, which is fine. Train robberies may offer something different from the usual incognito crime jobs, so it’s supposed to always end in a hectic escape. Maybe the profit is too inconsistent as well, but haven’t tested that enough.

Lawman identifikation. I believe it must work like this, or the player would never get s Bounty. A RNG system would be super frustrating, I prefer knowing so I can play. Perhaps the range of lawman identification should be decreased slightly. I don’t have a big issue with it, as you can see lawmen and their facing on the mini map.

Wilderness witnesses and lawmen. I know it seems very silly, but again you would never get a Bounty out there if they had to go all the way to town. The system would have to be completely recreated.

Law man spawning rate. I agree with this. I have killed about a houndred lawmen in the bank of Valentine. It’s rather silly. If they were to change the system, I think they should drop the spawning after a few lawmen and then send Bounty hunters after you instead.

New Austin. I agree, it should not follow the usual rules. It should feel lawless like the old Wild West killing someone who draws on you should be fine etc.

The option to close your coat is weirdly absent. I’d like that as an option.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to hold R2 to keep smoking and such, if that’s what you mean.

Lean on walls and sit. I agree, would be more immersive with options to sit everywhere and lean against walls and trees.

Saloon eating. Yes for the price, I’d like at least the option to consume the meal in a realistic time frame.

3 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

@anthony

I agree with all your points except the train robbery. While I agree that the time which takes that you enter the "crime reported" situation should be increased but You have to realize that trains pass stations. And if a train isn't there at the right time the station could report that something has happened to the train in the middle of the way. 

Great point!