1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

OrcCorp

Killed by double horse kicks. Feeling salty!

OrcCorp

Not a cool story to tell...

Absolutely painful! Was hunting around New Autin for about 3-4 hours, gathering a lot of perfect pelts and meat and stuff to sell. Must have been around 150 dollars worth of stuff. Then, interrupted the train robbery near Armadillo, no problems. Started to loot the horses of those robbers. You all know it, sometimes the horse kicks you, and you either shoot it dead if you want to search that saddlebag, or you leave it alone. That happened with one of the horses. Then the horse next to me kicked me with both hind legs right after I got up. No chance to step away. So I died. And lost all those pelts, meat and stuff. Nothing I could do about it, since there is only one autosave slot, instead of 2 or 3 as most games have. My last manual save was hours ago. I know, I should've manually saved the game myself, as I'm supposed to understand the problem I just faced. Yes, all true, but understanding it doesn't remove the salt I received for fogetting.

Thats all partners! Salt in my eyes, salt in my mouth! And the adventures continue! 🤠🏇

Carry on!

Jason

Yea I learned the hardway to manual save when I'm about to head back after a hunting trip.

Gallows
4 hours ago, OrcCorp said:

Not a cool story to tell...

Absolutely painful! Was hunting around New Autin for about 3-4 hours, gathering a lot of perfect pelts and meat and stuff to sell. Must have been around 150 dollars worth of stuff. Then, interrupted the train robbery near Armadillo, no problems. Started to loot the horses of those robbers. You all know it, sometimes the horse kicks you, and you either shoot it dead if you want to search that saddlebag, or you leave it alone. That happened with one of the horses. Then the horse next to me kicked me with both hind legs right after I got up. No chance to step away. So I died. And lost all those pelts, meat and stuff. Nothing I could do about it, since there is only one autosave slot, instead of 2 or 3 as most games have. My last manual save was hours ago. I know, I should've manually saved the game myself, as I'm supposed to understand the problem I just faced. Yes, all true, but understanding it doesn't remove the salt I received for fogetting.

Thats all partners! Salt in my eyes, salt in my mouth! And the adventures continue! 🤠🏇

Carry on!

😂 I know it’s not funny - but that is a funny story.

What you need to do it calm the horse and Pat it until it stops making agitated sounds and movement with the head. You can as an extra thing also just Mount the horse and Pat it before you loot the bags. Works for me all the time. Just don’t stand behind horses that are not your own - sometimes they do kick for no good reason other than you being a notorious horse bastard. 

Edited by Gallows

OrcCorp
1 hour ago, Gallows said:

😂 I know it’s not funny - but that is a funny story.

What you need to do it calm the horse and Pat it until it stops making agitated sounds and movement with the head. You can as an extra thing also just Mount the horse and Pat it before you loot the bags. Works for me all the time. Just don’t stand behind horses that are not your own - sometimes they do kick for no good reason other than you being a notorious horse bastard. 

Yea, its funny o'right :D

Yup, I know. I've just noticed that some horses kick you if you search the saddlebags, even if you got them to calm down with "calm" and patting them. At least if I don't spend 5 minutes to make a friend of it, which I never do. I calm them, pat them to calm state, search the saddlebags and leave. If a horse then kicks me while searching the bags, I ignore it or shoot it dead, depending on my mood. This time I didn't get a chance to ignore it, since another horse kicked me right away 😬

Gallows
1 hour ago, OrcCorp said:

Yea, its funny o'right :D

Yup, I know. I've just noticed that some horses kick you if you search the saddlebags, even if you got them to calm down with "calm" and patting them. At least if I don't spend 5 minutes to make a friend of it, which I never do. I calm them, pat them to calm state, search the saddlebags and leave. If a horse then kicks me while searching the bags, I ignore it or shoot it dead, depending on my mood. This time I didn't get a chance to ignore it, since another horse kicked me right away 😬

That’s why I always Mount them as well. That seems to do the trick, if they’re really agitated.

Coranub

Woah i misread the title, thinking it said Horse dicks, i guess that would leave feeling salty as well. On topic: I always save when entering a town / fast traveling, completed objective or challenge and after i looted valuables etc.

Looting saddlebags i just assume the horse in question is an asshole, and might get a kick out of kicking me. Watch your health, save your game and some horses are just assholes. Thats why after the last horse kicked me he got a dynamite arrow to the face. 🐎:bbq:

Edited by Coranub