Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

djb204

Online Delayed? (The Game Awards Theory)

Recommended Posts

djb204

I believe a delay is likely. It would be a good strategy on Rockstar's part to delay Red Dead Online until after The game Awards. Think about it....

 

Red Dead Redemption 2 has been nominated in 8 categories at The game Awards. The winners will be announced on December 6tth. Until then people can vote once every 24hrs. Rockstar knows we are monitoring their websites and social media sites for any hint/clue about Red Dead Online, and they are taking advantage of our attention by advertising RDR2's nominations on their sites and encouraging us to vote. Now, if they were to release Red Dead Online before The Game Awards then all of our attention moves from their voting advertisements to playing Red Dead online instead.

 

One more thing to consider.... The majority of us here all love and praise RDR2 as the best game ever created. It took open world games to a new level, but what happens if Red Dead Online doesn't live up to our expectations? Could that jeopardize Rockstar's chances at taking home Game Of The Year? There are many reasons why Red Dead Online could fall short of our expectations. Like many games before it (including RDR1) the multiplayer portion lacked the depth and features seen in the single player portion. I made a thread highlighting a handful of features that could potentially be absent from red Dead Online based on RDR1's lacking Online portion. CLICK HERE to see that thread.

 

Personally i hope Red Dead Online blows our minds and exceeds our expectations, but the silence and lack of info from Rockstar has me worried about a potential delay. Hopefully I'm wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

There's a billion GoTY awards in the games industry. TGA's is the biggest show in town but it aint gonna dictate when Rockstar reveal/launch stuff. If it's delayed it'll be because it aint ready.

 

That said, Take-Two's CEO said the end of the month and we still have 10 days left, GTAO Tuesdays is still in full effect so RDO info days will most likely be on other days. Plenty of time still.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
1 hour ago, Jason said:

There's a billion GoTY awards in the games industry. TGA's is the biggest show in town but it aint gonna dictate when Rockstar reveal/launch stuff. If it's delayed it'll be because it aint ready.

 

That said, Take-Two's CEO said the end of the month and we still have 10 days left, GTAO Tuesdays is still in full effect so RDO info days will most likely be on other days. Plenty of time still.

I was strictly referring to “the big show” TheGameAwards because like I stated in the OP are in the voting stages right now. Bringing up how there are billions of awards doesn’t sway the possibility of this theory in anyway. It’s still possible.

 

Tuesdays have been a Xbox/PS4 release day for years. 99% of all console updates and releases drop on Tuesdays, it isn’t a GTAO thing, it’s a console thing.

 

Whether or not the awards dictate anything in Rockstar’s decision making is your opinion, not fact. They never release anything during E3 weekend, so assuming events don’t dictate Rockstar decisions is debatable there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

It's my opinion that's built on precedent. They've never been influenced in what they do by industry events. They have always marched to the beat of their own drum.

 

There is precedent for companies withholding things from launch in order to avoid the review window, Call of Duty does this with it's monetisation systems but Rockstar have zero history of it. They explicitly went out their way to say the game is launching in beta, a first for them, and to expect issues, another first for them. There's no reason to suggest that they're going into this thinking it's gonna be a smooth experience day 1, so why would they change it's release date because of a single award ceremony? Especially cause like I said, there's a few "big" events like The BAFTA Game awards (which the Housers have attended in person), GDC Awards, DICE awards etc, and then a billion mag and gaming site awards.

 

As for Tuesday releases it's not a console thing it's a American video game industry thing and it's been dying out over the past 5 years as publishers have moved to the European release day, Friday. Many DLC will still release on the Tuesday though, "games a service" games usually release updates earlier in the week so they can fix issues very quickly instead of waiting over the weekend as well. What I was referring to though was that GTAO bonuses and events have always been revealed on the Newswire a Tuesday and my point was that RDO will probably have a different day for it's weekly online bonuses/events, at least that's my assumption given that Take-Two and Rockstar plan to have the two games operating side by side.

 

But like I said, Take-Two's CEO said the end of the month and we still have almost two weeks left of said month. There's plenty of time for them to stick to their word.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The FoolYT

I do agree that it is a bit odd that no news has been revealed yet about Online but i also believe that Rockstar is one of the main companies that don't rely on events like these and so it must just be part of their plan. They like to remain silent and also have some periods of time where they are not so silent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's my opinion that's built on precedent. They've never been influenced in what they do by industry events. They have always marched to the beat of their own drum.

 

There is precedent for companies withholding things from launch in order to avoid the review window, Call of Duty does this with it's monetisation systems but Rockstar have zero history of it. They explicitly went out their way to say the game is launching in beta, a first for them, and to expect issues, another first for them. There's no reason to suggest that they're going into this thinking it's gonna be a smooth experience day 1, so why would they change it's release date because of a single award ceremony? Especially cause like I said, there's a few "big" events like The BAFTA Game awards (which the Housers have attended in person), GDC Awards, DICE awards etc, and then a billion mag and gaming site awards.

 

As for Tuesday releases it's not a console thing it's a American video game industry thing and it's been dying out over the past 5 years as publishers have moved to the European release day, Friday. Many DLC will still release on the Tuesday though, "games a service" games usually release updates earlier in the week so they can fix issues very quickly instead of waiting over the weekend as well. What I was referring to though was that GTAO bonuses and events have always been revealed on the Newswire a Tuesday and my point was that RDO will probably have a different day for it's weekly online bonuses/events, at least that's my assumption given that Take-Two and Rockstar plan to have the two games operating side by side.

 

But like I said, Take-Two's CEO said the end of the month and we still have almost two weeks left of said month. There's plenty of time for them to stick to their word.

An American Video game thing huh? Explain Valve' Steam or EA Origin?. Alot of patches go through the PC versions of games daily, but the console version are often held back until the following tuesdays because thats when Microsoft and Sony update their console stores and weekly deals. Playstation is a Japanese console by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

Yea like I said, DLC or content updates often releases earlier in the week - partly so they can fix potential new issues, releasing patches on a Friday is a big no no. Patches can drop any day they want these days really, certification is the mean thing that slows them down. I've seen patches drop on all days of the week, though Friday is rare for the reasons said before.

 

But you said console releases too though which I presumed meant new game releases, where Tuesday releases are an American thing. Friday has traditionally been the European day for new releases but it's been adopted by American publishers too this gen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

And do lets hope the Sony PSN servers are prepared for it. If they go belly up due to traffic/hacks or malfunctions, we have no RDO. And I do remember them having ‘some inconveniences’ during the first days of GTAO...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blasterman4EVER

I said it first:

2018 will not see the online portion of this game.

Edited by Blasterman4EVER
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I'm pretty sure they'll launch soon enough. Well before people's interest in the game decreases, since more and more players have finished the main story and all they get stuck with doing is 100% completion. There is absolutely no character building to do, no exploring except for New Austin, so, before players lose interest in the game too much, they will release Beta online. 

They have an excuse when it is not all polished and working perfectly. It's a Beta afterall. 

No way they'll have us wait another month. There isn't a month of content to keep yourself busy with. We'll see beta this year if not this month. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tonko
6 hours ago, McGhee said:

I'm pretty sure they'll launch soon enough. Well before people's interest in the game decreases, since more and more players have finished the main story and all they get stuck with doing is 100% completion. There is absolutely no character building to do, no exploring except for New Austin, so, before players lose interest in the game too much, they will release Beta online. 

They have an excuse when it is not all polished and working perfectly. It's a Beta afterall. 

No way they'll have us wait another month. There isn't a month of content to keep yourself busy with. We'll see beta this year if not this month. 

 

Yeah, i'm done with the story and i'm gonna do some challenges i want. That's it. Like you said, not enough content for those of us who play story mode just once.

 

Might dig up my PS3 and RDR. Suprisingly, people still play RDR online on PS3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ASMorgan

I don't know if it means anything but GTA Online is offering a bunch of money just for signing in through 11/26...I remember Tuesday being their (Rockstar's) traditional day to release patches & updates for the Online up until maybe recently & it might still be that way, but perhaps that signals Red Dead Online launching for Tuesday 11/27?

 

It just seems strange to advertise the Online launching in November before the game even came out & here we are on 11/21 with no idea about a release date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rafae

Yeah it's getting delayed lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

Well they literally a full work week to do reveal it and launch it. I wouldn't be shocked if they don't reveal much about it before launching, it doesn't really need it at this point but we'll see.

 

Tick tock, I suppose. If it's delayed I hope it's not till 2019, RDO over Christmas would be quite nice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
General_Z
On 11/20/2018 at 7:24 PM, Blasterman4EVER said:

I said it first:

2018 will not see the online portion of this game.

Well well looks like you were wrong friendo

On 11/25/2018 at 5:06 PM, Rafae said:

Yeah it's getting delayed lol

and you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

I guess it wasn't delayed. Next time we should run a ban roulette ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.