3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

LudaPecurka

Installing car tunning mod

LudaPecurka

I'm trying to install Advanced Car Tuner mod by Junior Djjr, but I'm new to modding and can't understand properly the Readme. file, so it ends up crashing. After I gave up and deleted the zip file, I throught of asking people here for help, but now I can't even find a mod on Internet without my anti-virus telling it's malware.
I appreciate if someone has time to spend to explain me or show me what I need to do to make it work.

Mysterdogg

Hey there! if you're talking about Tuning Mod the installation is pretty simple since all you need to do is to copy and paste the files inside the "(Instalação - Installation)" folder into your GTA SA directory and if you don't want to play with the Portuguese version, there's also an English-translated version inside the "(English translation)" folder. You must have Modloader previously installed alongside CLEO before using Junior Djjr's mod.

LudaPecurka
41 minutes ago, Mysterdogg said:

Hey there! if you're talking about Tuning Mod the installation is pretty simple since all you need to do is to copy and paste the files inside the "(Instalação - Installation)" folder into your GTA SA directory and if you don't want to play with the Portuguese version, there's also an English-translated version inside the "(English translation)" folder. You must have Modloader previously installed alongside CLEO before using Junior Djjr's mod.

I tried your link toTuning Mod and I downloaded it, but there is nothing inside 7z. file.

Mysterdogg

That's probably caused by your anti-virus or a wrong malware detection by your browser. Disable them and re-download it, it's a safe compressed file from a trustful modding website. 

LudaPecurka

I got ESET. I disabled it and tried to download, still nothing inside the zip. For haozip, even when I disable the ESET it says that site is dangerous and it won't let me in by any way possible. Are you guys joking or what?

sivispacem

Don't use Haozip, it's probably riddled with malware. Try 7Zip. Plenty of slightly worrisome advice in this thread; AV won't delete the content of a Zip file on access, so if what you're downloading has nothing in it then it's an empty archive and the download is broken. 

LudaPecurka

I got both WinRAR and 7zip, but both show me nothing. Do you know a link for the mod that will work? 

Mysterdogg

Many are the reasons for having empty compressed files, it could be an erroneous malware detection, a missing file in your operating system, etc. So, although I doubt that providing you another download link will solve the problem, here you have a mirror I've made for you. Disclaimer: Junior Djjr encourages to use the link from his official source instead of reuploading it, that's why you won't find it anywhere else; once you have used my mirror link, I will disable it.

Don't forget that you need Modloader & Open Limit Adjuster.

30 minutes ago, LudaPecurka said:

Are you guys joking or what?

nobody is joking with you, the source of the mod in question is the official one, currently working. The problem is only present on your computer. It's a common issue.

LudaPecurka

I can open zip files, I can see what is inside them, I can extract them. Only problem is that there is nothing inside that one zip no matter how much times I download. My anti-virus can be shut as so everything that could prevent me from downloading and extracting, so I dont see any problem with my PC but the file I get on that site.

Mysterdogg
52 minutes ago, LudaPecurka said:

Only problem is that there is nothing inside that one zip no matter how much times I download.

did you try with the download mirror I provided you? can you show us some screenshots of the, supposedly, empty file?

LudaPecurka
1 hour ago, Mysterdogg said:

did you try with the download mirror I provided you? can you show us some screenshots of the, supposedly, empty file?

Yes, I tried both mirrors, here is the result: https://imgur.com/a/KXXahP1

Mysterdogg

Could it be because you're opening 7z files with WinRar instead of 7Zip? I know that both programs can open both formats but that's only a supposition, so just in case, try this one, it's compressed under the .rar extension. I tried with both softwares and the result is the same, the files are present.

I have an another supposition, what if is caused by a virus that hides the files? as far as I can see, the combined size of both compressed files in your screenshot is more than 8 mbs, that means are not empty, just hidden.

Edited by Mysterdogg

LudaPecurka
4 minutes ago, Mysterdogg said:

Could it be because you're opening 7z files with WinRar instead of 7Zip? I know that both programs can open both formats but that's only a supposition, so just in case, try this one, it's compressed under the .rar extension. I tried with both softwares and the result is the same, the files are present.

I have an another supposition, what if is caused by a virus that hides the files? as far as I can see, the combined size of both compressed files in your screenshot is more than 8 mbs, that's means are not empty, just hidden.

I tried to download that one, but after five seconds once page is loaded it shows me a full white page with text "No file" in top left corner. If I disable ESET it will downlaod the file, but it says file is damaged. It can't be a virus since I open other zip files without a single problem.

LudaPecurka
50 minutes ago, Mysterdogg said:

It works, thank you very much! I'm sorry for my bad grammar and for taking this topic go on for so long, but this never happened to me before. I even downloaded one car mod inside a 7z file a hour ago and it worked, but the tunning mod really hates me. Again, thank you.

LudaPecurka

Just one more thing. If you are experienced with that mod, do you know how do they made it work in SA:MP? It works in singleplayer for me perfectly, but I just tried for SA:MP and there is no red marker that appears or either the garage opens.

Mysterdogg

As far as I know, it doesn't work on SAMP and I doubt it will work since it does really complex changes in the game system. I don't play on SAMP either so I can't help you with that.