3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Satanta

Arthurs old GF Mission? [[Minor Spoiler-ish without Details]]

Satanta

Is that a Mission I have to do to advance?  Also, I know I can deny her for doing her Mission does it make a difference?

I did it on my first playthru and finished it tho the horse chase was a PITA for me so thinking of just telling her to piss off [[which, after doing it once and getting the story, is what I would do in Meatworld if my ex called on me to do such a thing.]]

Thing is I am in chpt2 and am not advancing to get back to chpt 3 .  Waiting for a certain Marston Mission then the one after-already did the Strawberry Mission so ATM I have a Collection Mission and the GF Mission on the Map-neither of them am I interested in doing [[eyesight thing-chasing people on horseback just aint my thing especially when their horses have rockets in their asses so they can dissapear before I can even get mounted.]]

saintsrow
2 hours ago, Satanta said:

Is that a Mission I have to do to advance?  Also, I know I can deny her for doing her Mission does it make a difference?

I did it on my first playthru and finished it tho the horse chase was a PITA for me so thinking of just telling her to piss off [[which, after doing it once and getting the story, is what I would do in Meatworld if my ex called on me to do such a thing.]]

Thing is I am in chpt2 and am not advancing to get back to chpt 3 .  Waiting for a certain Marston Mission then the one after-already did the Strawberry Mission so ATM I have a Collection Mission and the GF Mission on the Map-neither of them am I interested in doing [[eyesight thing-chasing people on horseback just aint my thing especially when their horses have rockets in their asses so they can dissapear before I can even get mounted.]]

That one pissed me off, too, trying to chase down that horse.  I think after trying / failing to do a checkpoint 3 times, it give you the option to skip it and hopefully go to the rest of the mission.  So that could be a way past it.  

Satanta
8 minutes ago, saintsrow said:

That one pissed me off, too, trying to chase down that horse.  I think after trying / failing to do a checkpoint 3 times, it give you the option to skip it and hopefully go to the rest of the mission.  So that could be a way past it.  

I just did it and told her to piss off basically.  That was it apparently-I was expecting to hear a gunshot indicating she suicided or something.

Now it's just that one collection side-thing but I did not do it last time either and it just sits patiently waiting.

Now it is getting a bit like "Ok, let's get on with it cause I want a couple of toys I get end of 2 and middle of 3 I cannot find or buy.

We Are Ninja

That storyline is worth completing. You learn a lot about Arthur...

Satanta
11 minutes ago, We Are Ninja said:

That storyline is worth completing. You learn a lot about Arthur...

I did it the first time, did her Mission and ended with the train station scene.

This time I told her "Not happening, have a life" and it seems to have ended there.

So, unless there is more to it later, yes, doing it once adds a bit but not so much I felt like doing her Mission a second time-first time do it, second time you already know it and no longer important unless it opens more missions later lie the photographer.

We Are Ninja
17 hours ago, Satanta said:

I did it the first time, did her Mission and ended with the train station scene.

This time I told her "Not happening, have a life" and it seems to have ended there.

So, unless there is more to it later, yes, doing it once adds a bit but not so much I felt like doing her Mission a second time-first time do it, second time you already know it and no longer important unless it opens more missions later lie the photographer.

There's actually A LOT more to it...

Her father becomes a hardcore alcoholic and gambles all their money away. She enlists the help of Arthur to stop him from selling her mother's prize jewelry. She starts warming up to Arthur...

Then, she falls for Arthur again, and they go on a date MUCH like John and Abigail, culminating in them seeing a show together. The dialogue between them makes it very clear that they love each other very much. They're really good together. You get to see a side of Arthur that you'd never imagine actually existed. But it's kinda bittersweet because she has to leave. But. she leaves the door WIDE open. As Arthur is approaching death, she sends him a sorrowful letter telling him that she realizes that he'll never leave the world that he's in, and that there's a good man in him that's wrestling with a giant, and that they can't work because she knows that the giant will ultimately win. He gets the letter late in the game when he's real close to death. She has no idea that he's not well. Her letter hits him hard.

So yeah. It was really worth seeing through to the end...

Edited by We Are Ninja

Satanta
On 11/20/2018 at 7:14 AM, We Are Ninja said:

There's actually A LOT more to it...

Reveal hidden contents

Her father becomes a hardcore alcoholic and gambles all their money away. She enlists the help of Arthur to stop him from selling her mother's prize jewelry. She starts warming up to Arthur...

Reveal hidden contents

Then, she falls for Arthur again, and they go on a date MUCH like John and Abigail, culminating in them seeing a show together. The dialogue between them makes it very clear that they love each other very much. They're really good together. You get to see a side of Arthur that you'd never imagine actually existed. But it's kinda bittersweet because she has to leave. But. she leaves the door WIDE open. As Arthur is approaching death, she sends him a sorrowful letter telling him that she realizes that he'll never leave the world that he's in, and that there's a good man in him that's wrestling with a giant, and that they can't work because she knows that the giant will ultimately win. He gets the letter late in the game when he's real close to death. She has no idea that he's not well. Her letter hits him hard.

So yeah. It was really worth seeing through to the end...

I'll do it on my next playthur tho it might reappear at it's later stages if it is built in to the game.   I went thru something similar-different story similar 'Feeling' and just did not want to drag Arthur into another "I need you for five minutes" situation then have to watch him sulk around camp for an extended period like last time.