Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Contract
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 - "Chronological" Mission Order


Spydr Webz
 Share

Recommended Posts

@JonnyTNT7 Continued from above

 

Ye I always thought that there isn't really enough in the game to suggest that Micah set the guys up purely based on that news article because he would have to return to camp, find out from John the full details about the robbery literally that second and then go to Scarlett Meadows police and tell them about the Robbery.

 

I think this is meant to be a Red Herring to make us suspect a possible rat in the camp that ISN'T Micah because if in the original order Pastoral Scene is meant to be done after the robbery as we suspect then that would mean that we couldn't suspect Micah because he wasn't around and later on we are given another Red Herring in the form of Molly so at that point we might well think "oh, so it was Molly who set them up during PFO 4". This might be the very reason they left Micah out of camp in the original order i.e. to distract us from him being the eventual rat.

 

So I think it is more likely that it is a pure red herring and that something off screen happened that caused the tip off to the law. It make sense story wise if you think about it.

 

Another thing, even though very small, is that during PFO 4 Arthur ALWAYS equips the Carbine Repeater no matter what. Even if you manually take the Lancaster with you it always gets replaced with the Carbine when the mission starts. And Arthur upgrades to the Lancaster in American Pastoral Scene.

 

APS also fits very well just before Sheep and the goats because it gives John time to set stuff up in Valentine and it ends nearby the starting point of SATG and explains why Micah heads back to camp alone while Arthur stays.

Edited by jimmyoneshot
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I love that cutscene with Lenny in jail though ha. It feels like a shame to waste it. Plus, even though this is a VERY obscure thing to get, I noticed a while back that if you do Preaching Forgiveness before doing Female Suffrage and American Distillation then there is some unique dialogue where rather than talking about one of those missions Arthur and Lenny instead talk about the jail cell in Valentine even if we escaped during Quiet Time (2:00 mark) :-

 

 

Another thing i like to do sometimes after Quiet Time is go and get my hat from the pig pen and then Arthur notices the policeman at the back of the Doctor's office and does the Dr Robbery. I headcanon that Arthur takes the Schofield and that's why I also headcanon he lends Micah his Cattleman during Blessed Are The Meek and why Micah gives him a holster at the end of the mission i.e. to give Arthur his gun back 😄

Never seen that dialogue with Lenny in Preaching Forgiveness as I never do it until at least half way through Chapter 3.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dan_1983 said:

Never seen that dialogue with Lenny in Preaching Forgiveness as I never do it until at least half way through Chapter 3.

Same here. I only seen it one time when I was doing some ridiculous orders to see what happens ha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

@Dan_1983 is not gonna like it though 😂

AAPS just before The Sheep and the Goats?

 

I don't mind but I do think a certain vermin in camp knew about it and opened his fat trap lol.

 

I do however feel certain things do happen off screen that were not suppose to see happen for the story to make sense. 

 

However another point is when you replay the mission, manual targeting in dead eye isn't used which is unlocked in PFO IV.

 

Plus the lancaster is hardly an upgrade on the carbine.

 

7 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Same here. I only seen it one time when I was doing some ridiculous orders to see what happens ha.

Anything else you found in your ridiculous orders? Lol

Edited by Dan_1983
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Dan_1983 said:

AAPS just before The Sheep and the Goats?

 

I don't mind but I do think a certain vermin in camp knew about it and opened his fat trap lol.

 

I do however feel certain things do happen off screen that were not suppose to see happen for the story to make sense. 

 

However another point is when you replay the mission, manual targeting in dead eye isn't used which is unlocked in PFO IV.

 

Plus the lancaster is hardly an upgrade on the carbine.

 

Anything else you found in your ridiculous orders? Lol

There's a theory about Abigail bring the actual rat but it's just a theory, a game theory

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GokuDosGames said:

There's a theory about Abigail bring the actual rat but it's just a theory, a game theory

Yes I've heard that and Dutch even mentions it while going through the caves in Guarma. But by then though, Dutch was already going batsh*t crazy and already mentioned that Abigail was turning John against him in Country Pursuits.

Edited by Dan_1983
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dan_1983 said:

Yes I've heard that and Dutch even mentions it while going through the caves in Guarma. But by then though, Dutch was already going batsh*t crazy and already mentioned that Abigail was turning John against him in Country Pursuits.

I know about that but when I first heard Dutch saying I just thought it was something to do with him being crazy and paranoic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GokuDosGames said:

I know about that but when I first heard Dutch saying I just thought it was something to do with him being crazy and paranoic

We can guess who gave him the idea lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jimmyoneshot said:
  1. Ye you're right I couldn't get it to skip myself although saying that I only did a really quick test. I think maybe if I take it slow and play as I would normally it might work i.e. speak to John, travel to Valentine, get a haircut and then speak to Mary. Then there is also the woman who needs a ride to Emerald Ranch which almost always happens on the way to WLOAT 2 which could take up some time. Then staying in the hotel overnight fits well after WLOAT based on what Arthur says when he looks in the mirror in there - "You ugly bastard", "No wonder they all leave you" etc ha. I'll try it as out soon as I can but either way it fits.

    It feels like too much of a connection that reading Mary's letter triggers PFO 1 and that there is a cutscene for if Arthur forgets the oil wagon. There aren't many/any other missions that have this as far as I can recall. It is like Rockstar put it in there as a choice between getting the wagon or visiting Mary to show that Mary is Arthur's weakness.
     
  2. I know exactly what you mean. The only thing that bugs me is the line where Arthur says to Sean "if I bring you I might as well bring Micah along" which I always thought implied Micah was back at camp although it could technically mean that Arthur could just go and get Micah from his Strawberry camp.The news article I never looked too much into because I think the whole setup thing was a Red Herring

I really like staying in Valentine after seeing Mary. I go for a quick drink and meal in the bigger saloon, which sometimes gives me the “don’t trust the auction yard owner” dialogue, so that works well. It’s strange for Arthur to go back to his usual life in the camp straight after living his “alternate” life with Mary.

 

Anyway, if Pastoral is to go after PFO IV - which really feels intended - then what fills the void straight after PFO III? It’s too soon to take Jack out, because of the “it’s getting late” line (this fits much better in the late afternoon. I know Arthur is exaggerating to create an excuse to head back and tell Dutch, but even so I think Fisher is best started around lunchtime). The day will look like

 

  • Pouring Forth Oil III

<Some activity goes here>

  • A a Fisher of Men
  • Pouring Forth Oil IV

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

I really like staying in Valentine after seeing Mary. I go for a quick drink and meal in the bigger saloon, which sometimes gives me the “don’t trust the auction yard owner” dialogue, so that works well. It’s strange for Arthur to go back to his usual life in the camp straight after living his “alternate” life with Mary.

 

Anyway, if Pastoral is to go after PFO IV - which really feels intended - then what fills the void straight after PFO III? It’s too soon to take Jack out, because of the “it’s getting late” line (this fits much better in the late afternoon. I know Arthur is exaggerating to create an excuse to head back and tell Dutch, but even so I think Fisher is best started around lunchtime). The day will look like

 

  • Pouring Forth Oil III

<Some activity goes here>

  • A a Fisher of Men
  • Pouring Forth Oil IV

 

I know what you mean and I've thought about that too myself. You could possibly just slot in Lenny's Five Finger Fillet in there if it is available or if not just a quick hunt for a deer or camp chores or something like that. Arthur seems to be just mooching around camp when Fisher Of Men starts based on the fact that he randomly gets the mission from Abigail right at the back of camp.

 

I've noticed that at the start of Fisher Of Men Arthur looks really down and miserable when he talks to Abigail which really fits with him having recently done WLOAT.

 

One thing to note is that if you start PFO 4 too late the cutscene with Sean gets clipped. I think this is if you start it after 9pm. If you start it earlier Arthur and Sean talk a bit longer and then both sleep until nightfall whereas if it is after 9pm this part is cut.

Edited by jimmyoneshot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I know what you mean and I've thought about that too myself. You could possibly just slot in Lenny's Five Finger Fillet in there if it is available or if not just a quick hunt for a deer or camp chores or something like that. Arthur seems to be just mooching around camp when Fisher Of Men starts based on the fact that he randomly gets the mission from Abigail right at the back of camp.

 

I've noticed that at the start of Fisher Of Men Arthur looks really down and miserable when he talks to Abigail which really fits with him having recently done WLOAT.

 

One thing to note is that if you start PFO 4 too late the cutscene with Sean gets clipped. I think this is if you start it after 9pm. If you start it earlier Arthur and Sean talk a bit longer and then both sleep until nightfall whereas if it is after 9pm this part is cut.

Yeah, I suppose Lenny’s Five-Finger-Fillet might go nicely. It’s Arthur’s last significant time in Horseshoe (although he wouldn’t know that), so the player might want to finish up any last business in the camp/surrounding area.

 

I was thinking that the only possibility would be Hunting - Charles (since Home Robbery is out and there are no more main missions), but then I realised that in PFO III John says he’ll get Charles and presumably head out to Dewberry Creek together. I suppose Arthur could go over to tell Charles, and then they head out hunting together, but that’s a stretch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Yeah, I suppose Lenny’s Five-Finger-Fillet might go nicely. It’s Arthur’s last significant time in Horseshoe (although he wouldn’t know that), so the player might want to finish up any last business in the camp/surrounding area.

 

I was thinking that the only possibility would be Hunting - Charles (since Home Robbery is out and there are no more main missions), but then I realised that in PFO III John says he’ll get Charles and presumably head out to Dewberry Creek together. I suppose Arthur could go over to tell Charles, and then they head out hunting together, but that’s a stretch.

Ye I forgot about that to be honest ha. I imagine Charles Hunting would be disabled in that case then. It might actually be worth double checking if Lenny's Five Finger Fillet is still actually available at that point. The reason being that originally this mission was supposed to have 6 gang members with Bill and Lenny involved as well as the 4 usual guys but then they cut Bill and Lenny out.

 

But they may have disabled Lenny's side mission when PFO 4 was active and forgot to add it back in when him and Bill were cut like they should. I usually do it early but I've got a vague memory of it not showing up late on although I may be wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Ye I forgot about that to be honest ha. I imagine Charles Hunting would be disabled in that case then. It might actually be worth double checking if Lenny's Five Finger Fillet is still actually available at that point. The reason being that originally this mission was supposed to have 6 gang members with Bill and Lenny involved as well as the 4 usual guys but then they cut Bill and Lenny out.

 

But they may have disabled Lenny's side mission when PFO 4 was active and forgot to add it back in when him and Bill were cut like they should. I usually do it early but I've got a vague memory of it not showing up late on although I may be wrong.

I have definitely done Lenny’s FFF between Fisher of Men and PFO IV, so this sounds like the very rare case of Rockstar changing an order and fixing the other activities lol. I don’t think John, Charles or Sean leave the camp until you leave, so the hunting should still be available, although this would need to be checked.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm gonna do a long play of this now to see if I can see any issues with it:-

 

Spoiler

Americans At Rest
- Who Is Not Without Sin
---------------------------------------
- First Shall Be The Last
- [ Sean's Party ]
- ( Sleep until noon )
---------------------------------------
- Polite Society Valentine Style
---------------------------------------

- ( Butcher, General Store, Gunsmith, Newspaper, Doctor,  Meeting Mickey )

- Good Honest Snake Oil
- ( Bath, Show )
---------------------------------------
- Money Lending and Other Sins 1 - 2
- Exit Pursued By A Bruised Ego
---------------------------------------
- < Charles - Hunting >
- Spines of America
---------------------------------------
- Paying A Social Call
- A Quiet Time
---------------------------------------

- [ Valentine Dr Robbery ] ( Arthur uses the Schofield in Blessed and gives Micah his Cattleman then Micah gives him it back with a holster when the mission ends )
- Blessed Are The Meek

- ( Camp overnight )
---------------------------------------
- < Lenny - Five Finger Fillet >
- We Loved Once and True 1
- Money Lending and Other Sins 3
- Pouring Forth Oil 1
- We Loved Once and True 2 - 3
- ( Stay in hotel overnight )
---------------------------------------
- Pouring Forth Oil 2 *( Skips )
- Pouring Forth Oil 3
- Fisher Of Men
- Pouring Forth Oil 4
---------------------------------------
- American Pastoral Scene
- Sheep and the Goats
---------------------------------------
- Strange Kindness

 

The only things i don't like about it are that for Social Call Bill usually doesn't wake up until 9am so we will either have to hang around camp until he does or sleep until noon the night before but either way it is not a big deal and the way we have to camp out after Blessed because Mary's Letter/MLAOS 3/PFO 1 make no sense at night and the letter is unavoidable if Arthur sleeps at camp.

Edited by jimmyoneshot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I'm gonna do a long play of this now to see if I can see any issues with it:-

 

  Hide contents

Americans At Rest
- Who Is Not Without Sin
---------------------------------------
- First Shall Be The Last
- [ Sean's Party ]
- ( Sleep until noon )
---------------------------------------
- Polite Society Valentine Style
---------------------------------------

- ( Butcher, General Store, Gunsmith, Newspaper, Doctor,  Meeting Mickey )

- Good Honest Snake Oil
- ( Bath, Show )
---------------------------------------
- Money Lending and Other Sins 1 - 2
- Exit Pursued By A Bruised Ego
---------------------------------------
- < Charles - Hunting >
- Spines of America
---------------------------------------
- Paying A Social Call
- A Quiet Time
---------------------------------------

- [ Valentine Dr Robbery ] ( Arthur uses the Schofield in Blessed and gives Micah his Cattleman then Micah gives him it back with a holster when the mission ends )
- Blessed Are The Meek

- ( Camp overnight )
---------------------------------------
- < Lenny - Five Finger Fillet >
- We Loved Once and True 1
- Money Lending and Other Sins 3
- Pouring Forth Oil 1
- We Loved Once and True 2 - 3
- ( Stay in hotel overnight )
---------------------------------------
- Pouring Forth Oil 2 *( Skips )
- Pouring Forth Oil 3
- Fisher Of Men
- Pouring Forth Oil 4
---------------------------------------
- American Pastoral Scene
- Sheep and the Goats
---------------------------------------
- Strange Kindness

 

The only things i don't like about it are that for Social Call Bill usually doesn't wake up until 9am so we will either have to hang around camp until he does or sleep until noon the night before but either way it is not a big deal and the way we have to camp out after Blessed because Mary's Letter/MLAOS 3/PFO 1 make no sense at night and the letter is unavoidable if Arthur sleeps at camp.

How do you feel about sleeping? I.e. do you think Arthur should sleep every night? I ask because you can circumvent the camping out after Blessed if you start it after midnight. This leads to it finishing around dawn, so you can return to camp and read the letter etc straight away. This has its own issues:

  • Obviously Arthur would be very tired by the second day but if you don’t mind this then you can get around camping.
  • You can only start Blessed after midnight, but there’s plenty to do in the Big Valley anyway. Hunt beavers, deer, wolves, cougars, boar etc for the satchels or the Legendary Buck for ease of hunting.


 

I don’t know if Social Call will work there, because it will finish around noon and not right before 19:00 for A Quiet Time. I wonder if Hunting, Social Call, Spines and Quiet Time could all fit on the same day. Although that may be pushing it somewhat. Anyway, good luck with the testing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

How do you feel about sleeping? I.e. do you think Arthur should sleep every night? I ask because you can circumvent the camping out after Blessed if you start it after midnight. This leads to it finishing around dawn, so you can return to camp and read the letter etc straight away. This has its own issues:

  • Obviously Arthur would be very tired by the second day but if you don’t mind this then you can get around camping.
  • You can only start Blessed after midnight, but there’s plenty to do in the Big Valley anyway. Hunt beavers, deer, wolves, cougars, boar etc for the satchels or the Legendary Buck for ease of hunting.


 

I don’t know if Social Call will work there, because it will finish around noon and not right before 19:00 for A Quiet Time. I wonder if Hunting, Social Call, Spines and Quiet Time could all fit on the same day. Although that may be pushing it somewhat. Anyway, good luck with the testing.

Ye you're right Social Call might not work. I do know though that Social Call slows time right down during the mission if it gets to 5pm and it stops time from going past 5:30pm. It even caps time at 5:30pm after the mission until you get back to camp which is why I think it was designed to go before Quiet Time. I'm not sure however if time fast forwards during it. I mean if you start it at 10am will time fast forward to about 4pm or 5pm during the mission? I'll test that out now quickly before my full playthrough 👍

 

I usually sleep most nights in the game. The only exception I could think of in this Chapter is after PFO 4 where Arthur could just go straight to Micah because the mission finishes at about 4am and Blessed take places at 7:30 am. If I was doing a 100% playthrough I would possibly try that out but because I am doing a story only playthrough I  think I might just camp right where Blessed ends. It seems far enough away from camp for Arthur to justify sleeping there. This is why I'm thinking that if we add in the Dr Robbery before Blessed then after that by the time Blessed is finished it will hopefully be late in the day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've just tried Social Call early in the day for the first time in a while. Started it at 6:30am and was back in camp at 12:30pm so I think it might be best to do Charles Hunting in the morning followed by Spines and then Social Call in the afternoon and finally Quiet Time at night. This should all fit because during Spines time pauses at whatever the current time is when Arthur and Hosea arrive at Carmody Dell and Social Call caps time at 5:30 pm.

 

I'll test it and see how it goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I've just tried Social Call early in the day for the first time in a while. Started it at 6:30am and was back in camp at 12:30pm so I think it might be best to do Charles Hunting in the morning followed by Spines and then Social Call in the afternoon and finally Quiet Time at night. This should all fit because during Spines time pauses at whatever the current time is when Arthur and Hosea arrive at Carmody Dell and Social Call caps time at 5:30 pm.

 

I'll test it and see how it goes.

I don’t mean to distract you in the midst of important testing 😂 but have you considered adding in some more home/shop robberies? Since you’re doing the Valentine Doctor already. Just something to consider, since they fit Arthur’s character well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

I don’t mean to distract you in the midst of important testing 😂 but have you considered adding in some more home/shop robberies? Since you’re doing the Valentine Doctor already. Just something to consider, since they fit Arthur’s character well.

Haha. I decided I'm just doing a fast playthrough but I'm gonna play normally just on the days where we need to test if everything fits i.e. the Social Call day and the WLOAT day to see if I can get the wagon to skip. Realised I didn't have time to do all of chapter 2 in one evening ha.

 

I actually usually do all of the robberies if I'm doing a completionist playthrough but if I'm roleplaying I just do the one in Valentine because it involves O'Driscolls and the one in Rhodes because it is a kidnapping. The rest are either out the way or seem a bit too harsh. Like the Strawberry one for example which seems evil.

 

The difference with the Valentine one too is that the game gives us a notification about it when we first go near the Doctor's Office and Tilly can also tell us about it. It is stupid that we can't leave via the back door though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

The difference with the Valentine one too is that the game gives us a notification about it when we first go near the Doctor's Office and Tilly can also tell us about it. It is stupid that we can't leave via the back door though.

Ah, ok. I didn’t realise the game actually tells you about the Doctor’s office. I have had the Tilly dialogue, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Charles's hunting seems like an afternoon mission based on what Arthur says about the first camp "looks like half a day since they left".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Haha. I decided I'm just doing a fast playthrough but I'm gonna play normally just on the days where we need to test if everything fits i.e. the Social Call day and the WLOAT day to see if I can get the wagon to skip. Realised I didn't have time to do all of chapter 2 in one evening ha.

 

I actually usually do all of the robberies if I'm doing a completionist playthrough but if I'm roleplaying I just do the one in Valentine because it involves O'Driscolls and the one in Rhodes because it is a kidnapping. The rest are either out the way or seem a bit too harsh. Like the Strawberry one for example which seems evil.

 

The difference with the Valentine one too is that the game gives us a notification about it when we first go near the Doctor's Office and Tilly can also tell us about it. It is stupid that we can't leave via the back door though.

Is that the Strawberry store one or the one in Watson's cabin north off Strawberry? I do most robberies when I get the tip for them. It's the reason I free prisoners from shackles, lawmen or bounty hunters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Dan_1983 said:

Charles's hunting seems like an afternoon mission based on what Arthur says about the first camp "looks like half a day since they left".

Ye it does a little bit. In my latest test I started it at around 9:30am - 10am so it was 11am or so by the time they said that line so it kind of fits.

4 minutes ago, Dan_1983 said:

Is that the Strawberry store one or the one in Watson's cabin north off Strawberry? I do most robberies when I get the tip for them. It's the reason I free prisoners from shackles, lawmen or bounty hunters.

The store robbery feels bad because he is only selling moonshine on the side ha. But the Watson woman seems like she and her sons deserve it but you have to wait 24 hours (or overnight at least) for her sons to turn up to get the full stash. I wait until she grabs a weapon before shooting her though.

 

I think if you do it a great time for that is during Arthur's trip to Strawberry in Chapter 3 to get the Winton Holmes debt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Haha. I decided I'm just doing a fast playthrough but I'm gonna play normally just on the days where we need to test if everything fits i.e. the Social Call day and the WLOAT day to see if I can get the wagon to skip. Realised I didn't have time to do all of chapter 2 in one evening ha.

I got "We Loved Once and True" to skip "Pouring Forth Oil II," but I'm not using the order you guys came up with.

Edited by SoulSurj
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SoulSurj said:

I got "We Loved Once and True" to skip "Pouring Forth Oil II," but I'm not using the order you guys came up with.

What order did you do Soul? Did you do anything specific to trigger it or just wait 24 hours or something like that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Ye it does a little bit. In my latest test I started it at around 9:30am - 10am so it was 11am or so by the time they said that line so it kind of fits.

The store robbery feels bad because he is only selling moonshine on the side ha. But the Watson woman seems like she and her sons deserve it but you have to wait 24 hours (or overnight at least) for her sons to turn up to get the full stash. I wait until she grabs a weapon before shooting her though.

 

I think if you do it a great time for that is during Arthur's trip to Strawberry in Chapter 3 to get the Winton Holmes debt.

I agree with you on that so I don't bother with it. Plus Arthur laments Sadie for thinking they were going to rob the store in Rhodes. So for him to rob the store in Strawberry would be hypocrisy.

 

Yeah I usually do Watson's in the evening and get the stash in the morning as I camp nearby. I do it the same time around Albert Mason's mission with the wolves and collecting the pipe for Dutch and killing the cabin bear.

 

I usually wait until she's picked her gun too, but she's hardly an innocent old bat lol.

 

My biggest pet peeve with this game is when the stagecoach robberies unlock. I think they should've unlocked in Chapter 2 as by the time you unlock them, you have more money than you need.

Edited by Dan_1983
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've just tested this out and it goes great:-

 

- Exit Pursued By A Bruised Ego

-----------------------------------------------

- ( Arrived back in Camp by about 9am )

- < Charles - Hunting > ( 9:30am )

- ( Sell pelt in Valentine )

- [ Grimshaw - Spines of America dialogue ] ( 1:50pm )

- Spines of America ( 3pm but time paused at 3:45pm at Carmody Dell as it always does )

- ( Arrived back at camp with Hosea at 3:50pm )

- Social Call (this usually caps time at 5:30pm as you are playing it and time even gets locked at this time when you return to camp from it. If you start it after 5:30pm it just locks at whatever time you start it until you return to camp)

- Quiet Time ( Time caps at 7pm until Arthur and Lenny get to the saloon during this )

 

I wasn't even going fast either so it is easily feasible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I've just tested this out and it goes great:-

 

- Exit Pursued By A Bruised Ego

-----------------------------------------------

- ( Arrived back in Camp by about 9am )

- < Charles - Hunting > ( 9:30am )

- ( Sell pelt in Valentine )

- [ Grimshaw - Spines of America dialogue ] ( 1:50pm )

- Spines of America ( 3pm but time paused at 3:45pm at Carmody Dell as it always does )

- ( Arrived back at camp with Hosea at 3:50pm )

- Social Call (this usually caps time at 5:30pm as you are playing it and time even gets locked at this time when you return to camp from it. If you start it after 5:30pm it just locks at whatever time you start it until you return to camp)

- Quiet Time ( Time caps at 7pm until Arthur and Lenny get to the saloon during this )

 

I wasn't even going fast either so it is easily feasible.

Great to see it works. The only question I have is - did it feel like there was too much packed into the single day? That was my main worry, that there would be no breathing room for the player and the story. Most days involve just one or two missions, so four seems unprecedented.

Edited by JonnyTNT7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 5 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.