2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 - "Chronological" Mission Order

Spydr Webz

I agree. It's best to do Strauss and Edith Downes before Just a Social Call as I doubt Arthur would want to visit Annesburg again. Plus Dutch isn't in camp when Arthur throws Strauss out and you can bet he'd say something about it if he was.

1 hour ago, Alexlecj said:

How do you justify doing The Delights of Van Horn so late in this chapter?

He'll not stay at the old manor forever. :p

Also, I believe Strauss is cast out of camp while John and Dutch aren't there, 'cause they don't react about that event when they're in camp. So I'd do it while Favored Sons and The Bridge to Nowhere are available.

Sorry for the long post but there are a lot of video clues for this one.

Delights of Van Horn unlocks and comes right before Bridge To Nowhere. The Indian missions all come before Delights and Bridge To Nowhere as evidenced by what Micah, Arthur and John say during these 2 missions.

Firstly during Delights Micah says that the gang is to "go ahead with plans to create a diversion" (blowing up the bridge) and "keep the army out of here for a few days". Dutch doesn't even start coming up with a plan to create a diversion until after Rage Unleashed which unlocks a string of Indian missions and they don't have run ins with the army until during the Indian missions too which is what Micah is referring too (0:50 mark) :-

https://youtu.be/ZhZo0ADZCLo?t=50

During Rage Unleashed Dutch says that they need to create a "whole lot of smoke" to distract the Pinkertons (0:50 mark) :-

https://youtu.be/HFT4fpgHiVM?t=50

And Arthur sarcastically mentions this during Bridge To Nowhere when he says "Well I guess old Dutch got all the smoke he wants" (6:46 mark) :-

https://youtu.be/2Mqh30ZaTyo?t=406

During Favored Sons Dutch says "just tweaking Uncle Sam's nose a little" :-

https://youtu.be/e3nncSI_z5Y?t=82

And again Arthur sarcastically references this during Bridge To Nowhere where he says "Now we gotta help Dutch give the army one final tweak on its nose" (1:37) :-

https://youtu.be/2Mqh30ZaTyo?t=97

So all of the above means the whole Indian questline must come before the blowing up the Bridge questline (Delights and Bridge To Nowhere).

Regarding Money Lending - As soon as Arthur wakes up in Beaver Hollow for the first time Mary-Beth tells him to head to Annesburg so he puts his hat on as if he is ready to go. Money Lending unlocks once Arthur LEAVES Beaver Hollow for the first time to meet Dutch and Micah for Just A Social Call. After Just A Social Call Bill and Micah are out of camp until after Delights is completed. 

And no matter what order you do Uncle, Javier and Bill are ALWAYS in the background in camp during the ending cutscene of Money Lending which means Delights must've been done. Dutch having no reaction is weird but I think this is either an oversight or he has stopped caring at this point. Micah has a reaction to it however. I think Money Lending is meant to be the start of Arthur's final redemption after all the above missions are done. As you can see during the opening cutscene Arthur really doesn't want to do it, which is likely why he left it this late.

Edited by jimmyoneshot

That black shire horse has really got me thinking. Tonight I’m going to test all of the “early” chapter 2 missions that involve the camp - Polite Society, Without Sin, Social Call, and Money Lending - before Exit, to see if the horse has disappeared for all of them. If it has, it’s probably an oversight since there’s no real way to complete Exit before some of these missions, but if it’s there for some and gone for others, that’s pretty conclusive I think. I’ll let you know how it goes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

That black shire horse has really got me thinking. Tonight I’m going to test all of the “early” chapter 2 missions that involve the camp - Polite Society, Without Sin, Social Call, and Money Lending - before Exit, to see if the horse has disappeared for all of them. If it has, it’s probably an oversight since there’s no real way to complete Exit before some of these missions, but if it’s there for some and gone for others, that’s pretty conclusive I think. I’ll let you know how it goes.

I think the reason it is not there during Social Call is because that mission spawns Arthur's horse in its spot if that makes sense. I know it is still there during Quiet Time for certain because I have to dodge it during that mission usually.

18 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I think the reason it is not there during Social Call is because that mission spawns Arthur's horse in its spot if that makes sense. I know it is still there during Quiet Time for certain because I have to dodge it during that mission usually.

Even so, if that’s the “why” of the horse not appearing, they still spawned Arthur’s horse on top of the shire instead of its usual place. That to me indicates that when coding Social Call, they assumed Exit had been completed beforehand.

I think I’m just bored lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Even so, if that’s the “why” of the horse not appearing, they still spawned Arthur’s horse on top of the shire instead of its usual place. That to me indicates that when coding Social Call, they assumed Exit had been completed beforehand.

I think I’m just bored lol.

Ye I agree. Another thing to take into account is if you hang around camp for a bit at the start of Chapter 2 there is an interaction where Hosea and John talk and John is bored because he isn't healed enough to work yet and Hosea says "give it a few more days. I know it's boring" and Arthur can actually mock John in camp about him not being fully rested yet. This means it is likely that Social Call will come after a few days rather than very early because John is involved. I will upload the scene soon to show you what I mean but you may have seen it.

Haha. We all think along the same lines. The story is intriguing.

1 hour ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Sorry for the long post but there are a lot of video clues for this one.

Delights of Van Horn unlocks and comes right before Bridge To Nowhere. The Indian missions all come before Delights and Bridge To Nowhere as evidenced by what Micah, Arthur and John say during these 2 missions.

Firstly during Delights Micah says that the gang is to "go ahead with plans to create a diversion" (blowing up the bridge) and "keep the army out of here for a few days". Dutch doesn't even start coming up with a plan to create a diversion until after Rage Unleashed which unlocks a string of Indian missions and they don't have run ins with the army until during the Indian missions too which is what Micah is referring too (0:50 mark) :-

https://youtu.be/ZhZo0ADZCLo?t=50

During Rage Unleashed Dutch says that they need to create a "whole lot of smoke" to distract the Pinkertons (0:50 mark) :-

https://youtu.be/HFT4fpgHiVM?t=50

And Arthur sarcastically mentions this during Bridge To Nowhere when he says "Well I guess old Dutch got all the smoke he wants" (6:46 mark) :-

https://youtu.be/2Mqh30ZaTyo?t=406

During Favored Sons Dutch says "just tweaking Uncle Sam's nose a little" :-

https://youtu.be/e3nncSI_z5Y?t=82

And again Arthur sarcastically references this during Bridge To Nowhere where he says "Now we gotta help Dutch give the army one final tweak on its nose" (1:37) :-

https://youtu.be/2Mqh30ZaTyo?t=97

So all of the above means the whole Indian questline must come before the blowing up the Bridge questline (Delights and Bridge To Nowhere).

Regarding Money Lending - As soon as Arthur wakes up in Beaver Hollow for the first time Mary-Beth tells him to head to Annesburg so he puts his hat on as if he is ready to go. Money Lending unlocks once Arthur LEAVES Beaver Hollow for the first time to meet Dutch and Micah for Just A Social Call. After Just A Social Call Bill and Micah are out of camp until after Delights is completed. 

And no matter what order you do Uncle, Javier and Bill are ALWAYS in the background in camp during the ending cutscene of Money Lending which means Delights must've been done. Dutch having no reaction is weird but I think this is either an oversight or he has stopped caring at this point. Micah has a reaction to it however. I think Money Lending is meant to be the start of Arthur's final redemption after all the above missions are done. As you can see during the opening cutscene Arthur really doesn't want to do it, which is likely why he left it this late.

Thanks for your answer.

With insight, I think I'd go with this:

Visiting Hours

Just a Social Call

-Arthur needs a break from Dutch's craziness-

The Course of True Love IV-V

-Dutch had time to cook up another plan-

A Rage Unleashed

-Arthur goes back to camp and notices Strauss-

Money Lending and Other Sins VI - Talk to Strauss

-Luckily, the first debt is located in the Grizzlies-

Money Lending and Other Sins VI - J. John Weathers

Archeology for Beginners

Honor, Amongst Thieves

-Dutch had enough time to scout Fort Wallace-

Goodbye, Dear Friend

-Captain Monroe had enough time to set up a meeting-

The Fine Art of Conversation

-Micah and Bill have waited long enough, Dutch's plan is already set into motion-

The Delights of Van Horn

-Dutch and John are out of camp, perfect opportunity to finish the debt collection arc-

Money Lending and Other Sins VI - Arthur Londonderry

Money Lending and Other Sins VII - Confront Strauss

Favored Sons

-Each one of the following missions set up Arthur's allies role in the finale-

The Bridge to Nowhere (huge fit of coughing at the end)

The King's Son (huge fit of coughing at the end)

Mrs. Sadie Adler, Widow

-Arthur wonders why Micah's goons are still here after he returns-

My Last Boy

Our Best Selves

Red Dead Redemption

I thought about switching The King's Son with The Bridge to Nowhere since Dutch tells about Charles, but I think the latter flaws well with Favored Sons and Dutch's idiotic behavior.

6 hours ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

I like to have Dutch approach me about helping Strauss before I start Money Lending, since it’s right on the edge of the camp and I don’t think Arthur would voluntarily walk over there to help out, even if Hosea did mention that Strauss “came back from town with that creepy smile on his face”. Have you ever had the helping dialogue before Exit Pursued? I’m thinking it might be another time-based thing, so Exit might have to go first for it to spawn. I’ll test it out.

You can have the dialogue before playing "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego" but it won't show up as consistently as when you play the mission.

4 hours ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Nowhere near as much as the Morgan does though. The Standardbred barely moves and clearly fits the cutscene

They're all supposed to fit the cutscene, which is why the cutscene changes their size. When it finishes they revert to their normal size, which causes the glitch. It's still a glitch at the end of the day.

4 hours ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I know what you mean about the left hand route but I actually think this is the first route Arthur takes when he first enters town during Americans At Rest. As a quick test try playing Americans At Rest and hitch your horse anywhere in town before the fight. Once the fight finishes the horse will spawn hitched to the post in front of the stables which indicates that is where Arthur put it. I think the reason he would've put it there was to speak to Thomas Downes for the first time just before American At Rest. The dialogue in Money Lending 2 tells us that Arthur has met and interacted with Downes and knows what he is like ("opinionated little do-gooder").

That's exactly what I said. The left hand route is the first route Arthur takes. He couldn't have gone through "Polite Society Valentine Style" prior because the route that Uncle showed him was "faster," and likely the route he would start using. So, "Polite Society Valentine Style" should be after "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego."

Evidences about the original chapter 2 missions order

-A lip synch issue indicates that Polite Society is supposed to come before Americans at Rest, also many dialogue lines were cut if you do the other way around, for the most complete experience it is recommended to play Americans at Rest first

-Reverend Swanson being on Sean's party indicates that Who's not without a sin? is supposed to be played before The First Shall be Last although it may also indicate that he goes often to camp too, the fact that he actually needed to go back to camp to tell Hosea about what he found on Flatneck Station supports this idea

-The last line that Dutch talks to Arthur ("Arthur, get yourself cleaned and join them when you're ready") on Americans at Rest indicates that The First Shall be Last is supposed to be played right after the same

-On the mission Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego, Arthur Morgan sounds like he knows Hosea is the one dealing with the Cornwall bonds, said info was only obtained on the mission A Quiet Time, this may or may not indicate that A Quiet Time should come before Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego

-Following the same logic as Americans at Rest and The First Shall be Last, Blessed are the Meek? should be played right after A Quiet Time

-The main purpose from the mission Polite Society, Valentine Style, indicates that the mission should be played after Arthur deals with everything Hosea said to him on the intro scene to the chapter, this means that Polite Society should be played after Who's not without a Sin?, Americans at Rest (that leads to The First Shall be Last), The First Shall be Last, Money Lending and Other Sins I & II

-Hidden dialogue between John and Hosea on camp indicates that John isn't fully healed from the wolf attack on the 1st chapter, indicating that Paying a Social Call shouldn't be one of the first missions

-On the mission The Spines of America, Hosea makes a quote about Arthur being the one making trouble around Emerald Ranch, something that he actually does when he goes to take one of the Money Lending and Other Sins debts

-If you unlock Money Lending and Other Sins III but let 48 hours pass (the fastest way of doing this is by playing Exit, Pursued by a Bruised Ego, because on this mission, the game skips 2 entire in-game days) and then you go read Mary's letter (We Loved Once and True I) (unlocked by finishing Paying a Social Call and Money Lending and Other Sins II) a cutscene will play showing Strauss confronting you and asking for you to go after Downes debt, if this scene is intended or not it's up to you, if it is intended then the only thing that would make Arthur ignore Downes debt would be Hosea shouting his name on his away out of the camp starting Exit, Pursued by a Bruised Ego, the main problem is that if you go back with Hosea, Mary's letter won't be on Arthur's desk

-On the mission We Loved Once and True II, if you accept to help Mary, Arthur acts like if he knew where Jamie is, this could be actually a plot hole, because through the entire game Arthur acts like if he knew every place of the map even if he mentions that never gone that far on the country, and example of those places is Emerald Ranch itself, or even Mary's house on Valentine, so in my opinion you could just ignore this, otherwise this could mean the mission The Spines of America happens before We Loved Once and True II, because there Hosea and Arthur goes to the outskirts of where Jamie is

-The mission Pouring Forth Oil II can be skipped under some circumstances (most are unknown to me since I never tested it myself) this will cause John calling out Arthur on Pouring Forth Oil III, this may or may not be intended to happen, in my opinion it is just one of the outcomes and you decide if it is canon or not, although I don't think Rockstar would waste time on a mission just for it to be skipped

-If you replay the mission An American Pastoral Scene, you won't have the manual marking upgrade to your dead eye, this may or may not indicate that this mission should be played before Pouring Forth Oil IV (the one that unlocks said upgrade) although I think it is meant to be played before (because this foreshadows one of the game's plot twists) you decide if you want to play it before or after Pouring Forth Oil IV

-On the mission Pouring Forth Oil IV, Arthur mentions about lawmen already confronting him near Horseshoe Overlook, this is a direct reference to the mission A Fisher of Men, indicating that it must definitely be played before Pouring Forth Oil IV

-The mission Good Honest Snake Oil may or may not be played before Paying a Social Call, because the main reason Arthur goes after money is because the gang is needing it, but if you play Paying a Social Call before there's no reason to him to go after money because at the end of said mission he finds a lot of money on the Six Point Cabin thanks to Kieran

-On the mission Paying a Social Call, Javier and Charles don't go with you to the Six Point Cabin, this may or may not indicate that it happens before The First Shall be Last, although I think they don't show up only because Rockstar made both of them available at the same time for completion, but there's a hidden dialogue where one of the characters say to Kieran that he is lucky about Sean not knowing he was an O'Driscoll indicating that Sean may not have seen Kieran tied on the tree

I probably have missed some, if so then ping me about it

• Like 2

Guys so I accidentally stumbled onto this video and the first clip is kinda interesting cuz it talks about the boys in town on chapter 2, take a look

Dutch says they are out for a while

1 hour ago, GokuDosGames said:

Evidences about the original chapter 2 missions order

-A lip synch issue indicates that Polite Society is supposed to come before Americans at Rest, also many dialogue lines were cut if you do the other way around, for the most complete experience it is recommended to play Americans at Rest first

-Reverend Swanson being on Sean's party indicates that Who's not without a sin? is supposed to be played before The First Shall be Last although it may also indicate that he goes often to camp too, the fact that he actually needed to go back to camp to tell Hosea about what he found on Flatneck Station supports this idea

-The last line that Dutch talks to Arthur ("Arthur, get yourself cleaned and join them when you're ready") on Americans at Rest indicates that The First Shall be Last is supposed to be played right after the same

-On the mission Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego, Arthur Morgan sounds like he knows Hosea is the one dealing with the Cornwall bonds, said info was only obtained on the mission A Quiet Time, this may or may not indicate that A Quiet Time should come before Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego

-Following the same logic as Americans at Rest and The First Shall be Last, Blessed are the Meek? should be played right after A Quiet Time

-The main purpose from the mission Polite Society, Valentine Style, indicates that the mission should be played after Arthur deals with everything Hosea said to him on the intro scene to the chapter, this means that Polite Society should be played after Who's not without a Sin?, Americans at Rest (that leads to The First Shall be Last), The First Shall be Last, Money Lending and Other Sins I & II

-Hidden dialogue between John and Hosea on camp indicates that John isn't fully healed from the wolf attack on the 1st chapter, indicating that Paying a Social Call shouldn't be one of the first missions

-On the mission The Spines of America, Hosea makes a quote about Arthur being the one making trouble around Emerald Ranch, something that he actually does when he goes to take one of the Money Lending and Other Sins debts

-If you unlock Money Lending and Other Sins III but let 48 hours pass (the fastest way of doing this is by playing Exit, Pursued by a Bruised Ego, because on this mission, the game skips 2 entire in-game days) and then you go read Mary's letter (We Loved Once and True I) (unlocked by finishing Paying a Social Call and Money Lending and Other Sins II) a cutscene will play showing Strauss confronting you and asking for you to go after Downes debt, if this scene is intended or not it's up to you, if it is intended then the only thing that would make Arthur ignore Downes debt would be Hosea shouting his name on his away out of the camp starting Exit, Pursued by a Bruised Ego, the main problem is that if you go back with Hosea, Mary's letter won't be on Arthur's desk

-On the mission We Loved Once and True II, if you accept to help Mary, Arthur acts like if he knew where Jamie is, this could be actually a plot hole, because through the entire game Arthur acts like if he knew every place of the map even if he mentions that never gone that far on the country, and example of those places is Emerald Ranch itself, or even Mary's house on Valentine, so in my opinion you could just ignore this, otherwise this could mean the mission The Spines of America happens before We Loved Once and True II, because there Hosea and Arthur goes to the outskirts of where Jamie is

-The mission Pouring Forth Oil II can be skipped under some circumstances (most are unknown to me since I never tested it myself) this will cause John calling out Arthur on Pouring Forth Oil III, this may or may not be intended to happen, in my opinion it is just one of the outcomes and you decide if it is canon or not, although I don't think Rockstar would waste time on a mission just for it to be skipped

-If you replay the mission An American Pastoral Scene, you won't have the manual marking upgrade to your dead eye, this may or may not indicate that this mission should be played before Pouring Forth Oil IV (the one that unlocks said upgrade) although I think it is meant to be played before (because this foreshadows one of the game's plot twists) you decide if you want to play it before or after Pouring Forth Oil IV

-On the mission Pouring Forth Oil IV, Arthur mentions about lawmen already confronting him near Horseshoe Overlook, this is a direct reference to the mission A Fisher of Men, indicating that it must definitely be played before Pouring Forth Oil IV

-The mission Good Honest Snake Oil may or may not be played before Paying a Social Call, because the main reason Arthur goes after money is because the gang is needing it, but if you play Paying a Social Call before there's no reason to him to go after money because at the end of said mission he finds a lot of money on the Six Point Cabin thanks to Kieran

-On the mission Paying a Social Call, Javier and Charles don't go with you to the Six Point Cabin, this may or may not indicate that it happens before The First Shall be Last, although I think they don't show up only because Rockstar made both of them available at the same time for completion, but there's a hidden dialogue where one of the characters say to Kieran that he is lucky about Sean not knowing he was an O'Driscoll indicating that Sean may not have seen Kieran tied on the tree

I probably have missed some, if so then ping me about it

So, basically, we don't know the order because everything contradicts something else.

2 minutes ago, SoulSurj said:

So, basically, we don't know the order because everything contradicts something else.

Exactly, chapter 2 is impossible to have a right order, or maybe it has but with plot holes

4 hours ago, Alexlecj said:

Thanks for your answer.

With insight, I think I'd go with this:

No problem Alex. You're welcome.

I thought along the same lines as you and originally did a few things that you do there. One thing I would seriously suggest is that although I never do stranger missions in the game I think the Widow and the Veteran missions really are connected to Arthur's story. For example Arthur has a huge coughing fit during one of the Widow missions and that situation likely reminds him of his life with Mary and the guilt he would feel over his son and his son's mother dying. And during The Veteran fishing trip after they catch the fish Arthur has a real sad moment where he talks about how sorry he is and almost cries.

These missions also really fit well between the main missions and are even on the way in some cases. For example after Just A Social Call is done Arthur is left out of camp and it seems like he would do something before returning because as you mentioned by the time he gets back Dutch has been coming up with at least the start of his 'plan'. The Widow part 1 is a perfect thing to do in the meantime. And likewise in the order I posted after Micah tells Arthur to go and help John a part of The Veteran is right on the way there.

Based on your list I'd say a couple of things:-

- I had the same idea about doing the J John Weathers bounty before Archaeology For Beginners. The issue is when you ride from where you do that bounty you go right the way past the destroyed Indian tents that Rains Fall is so upset by during Archaeology and when you go there with Rains Fall it feels like it is Arthur's first time there. However if you ride from the ending point of Rage Unleashed you can go the long way around.

- Regarding Delights being before Favored Sons. I've also tried this but it really makes more sense to have this the other way around because during Delights Micah says they need to "keep the army out of here a few days" and "we need to confuse them one last time" which refers to Dutch confusing them during Favored Sons by making the army, Pinkertons and Cornwall think it is the Indians causing all the trouble. I forgot to mention that in my last answer sorry. Plus there is the fact that if you do Delights then Favored Sons you leave John overnight with the explosives when John is actually half way through setting up the dynamite when you get there which Arthur is meant to help him with.

- And I think its best to do Kings Son straight after Favored Sons because Dutch tells you to rest and then meet Charles at the reservation which is close by and then I'd do Delights and Bridge after that

- I'd say where to do Course Of True Love is subjective but I like to do it straight after Fine Art Of Conversation because that is where the sister tells Arthur he should start doing kind things and it is the closest to where that mission starts.

- You are right about everyone's role being set up too. Arthur helps Charles in King's Son, he plans with John for him, Abigail and Jack to escape and then he lets Sadie know about the plan in Sadie Adler Widow

Some very interesting observations about the black shire.

• It doesn’t appear in camp at the start of chapter 2, it only appears once a single mission is completed as this unlocks Exit Pursued.
  • It does not appear in a single mission. It’s not there at the start of Polite Society, nor at the start of Social Call or Money Lending (in these cases, Arthur’s horse is where the shire usually spawns). It also isn’t there during Without Sin when you return Swanson to camp, but as soon as you put him in his bed the mission completes, Exit unlocks, and the horse appears from nowhere.
  • As it jarringly appears upon the completion of Without Sin, this suggests Without Sin shouldn’t be completed until after Exit so there is a reason for the horse to be missing. However, this really isn’t feasible. Speaking to the boys (a priority) unlocks Sean’s rescue (a priority) and Swanson must be back before then, so obviously Exit won’t fit anywhere in between. I think we’ll just need to write this one off - at least you don’t go too near to where it should be, so it’s not that noticeable.
  • If you do Polite Society first, there’s a reason for the horse to be missing - Hosea hasn’t stolen it yet. If you do any other mission first, Polite Society should wait until after Exit.
  • Social Call and Money Lending shouldn’t be completed before Exit either, to get rid of the horse.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Some very interesting observations about the black shire.

I think the reason for the horse/Exit Pursued issues is down to the fact that Exit Pursued was likely moved forward from its original position for one reason - so players can access their pre-purchased horses.

If you have the special/ultimate edition you even get notifications when playing the game that your pre-purchased horse will be unlocked soon or something like that. I mean when you think about it, it does sound strange...Hosea tells us about 3 things at the start of the Chapter and then we do one of them and return and he is offering us an overnight hunting trip and Arthur says he "could do with a break from this place" when we as the player haven't even slept in camp yet.

I think this mission was meant to be placed at least after Arthur has dealt with the leads that Hosea gave to him i.e. Americans At Rest and its extension First Shall Be The Last, Without Sin and Money Lending 1 - 2 (And Polite Society can either go in between or at the start of these). So if for arguments sake it was originally placed after these missions then what you noticed would make sense because then the horse wouldn't be there during those missions.

Edited by jimmyoneshot

4 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I think the reason for the horse/Exit Pursued issues is down to the fact that Exit Pursued was likely moved forward from its original position for one reason - so players can access their pre-purchased horses.

If you have the special/ultimate edition you even get notifications when playing the game that your pre-purchased horse will be unlocked soon or something like that. I mean when you think about it, it does sound strange...Hosea tells us about 3 things at the start of the Chapter and then we do one of them and return and he is offering us an overnight hunting trip and Arthur says he "could do with a break from this place" when we as the player haven't even slept in camp yet.

I think this mission was meant to be placed at least after Arthur has dealt with the leads that Hosea gave to him i.e. Americans At Rest and its extension First Shall Be The Last, Without Sin and Money Lending 1 - 2. So if for arguments sake it was originally placed after these missions then what you noticed would make sense because then the horse wouldn't be there during those missions.

I’m with you that Exit was moved forwards, but what’s the point of creating an order for the original script rather than the game we have? Annoying as it is, Exit is available early, so I think it has to be dealt with early.

I don’t think the “could do with a break from this place” line is out of place if the player has seen Swanson, brawled with the boys in Valentine, and saved Sean. It’s been a hectic couple of days, plus remember Arthur has been in the camp for two weeks anyway. He’d be desperate to get out and do something unrelated to shooting or fighting or chasing down leads.

Do you think Arthur has helped out Strauss in the past? I personally don’t, due to the “Loaning? Already?” line i.e. Strauss has already caught Arthur up in his immoral business. If Arthur has never helped him before, it makes sense that he wouldn’t think to wander over to Strauss and offer his services. He’s found Swanson, the boys, and Sean - that’s enough for the early days of Chapter 2.

I know it sounds ridiculous basing an order on something as small as the presence of a horse, especially when as you say it likely doesn’t appear in the missions due to Exit being moved forward, but it’s the version of the game we have and I think we need to work with it.

Did you guys ever tried to go to the game's files to see if we can find anything out?

5 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

I’m with you that Exit was moved forwards, but what’s the point of creating an order for the original script rather than the game we have? Annoying as it is, Exit is available early, so I think it has to be dealt with early.

I don’t think the “could do with a break from this place” line is out of place if the player has seen Swanson, brawled with the boys in Valentine, and saved Sean. It’s been a hectic couple of days, plus remember Arthur has been in the camp for two weeks anyway. He’d be desperate to get out and do something unrelated to shooting or fighting or chasing down leads.

Do you think Arthur has helped out Strauss in the past? I personally don’t, due to the “Loaning? Already?” line i.e. Strauss has already caught Arthur up in his immoral business. If Arthur has never helped him before, it makes sense that he wouldn’t think to wander over to Strauss and offer his services. He’s found Swanson, the boys, and Sean - that’s enough for the early days of Chapter 2.

I know it sounds ridiculous basing an order on something as small as the presence of a horse, especially when as you say it likely doesn’t appear in the missions due to Exit being moved forward, but it’s the version of the game we have and I think we need to work with it.

Remember when this thread was about the smoothest order for the smoothest cinematic experience instead of this treasure hunt towards the original script order of missions? Anyway, something that proofs even more that Exit Pursued was moved forward is that on the official guide it is pretty late in the order

18 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Yes but bear in mind it's more about chronological/original order rather than Rockstar bumping a mission forward last minute simply to unlock pre purchased horses and forgetting to show a horse in other (originally) earlier missions to reflect that. I think the fact that the horse not being there during Polite Society, Without Sin etc reflects that they didn't factor in these missions being done after Exit Pursued because they were originally meant to be done before it and I think this actually gives us an indication of what missions are meant to be before Exit Pursued so your tests are indeed very useful.

I think something to look into is what missions it IS present in during the game. For example the horse is present during Quiet Time which is very telling because this is likely because they expected that Exit Pursued might have possibly not have been done by the player at that point but I think they screwed up during Social Call by spawning Arthur's horse in its spot. Again that is likely because Exit was done before Social Call in the original order.

Edited by jimmyoneshot

4 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Yes but bear in mind it's more about chronological/original order rather than Rockstar bumping a mission forward last minute simply to unlock pre purchased horses and forgetting to show a horse in other (originally) earlier missions to reflect that. I think the fact that the horse not being there during Polite Society, Without Sin etc reflects that they didn't factor in these missions being done after Exit Pursued because it was originally meant to be done before it and I think this actually gives us an indication of what missions are meant to be before Exit Pursued so your tests are indeed very useful.

I think something to look into is what missions it IS present in during the game. For example the horse is present during Quiet Time which is very telling because this is likely because they expected that Exit Pursued might have possibly not have been done by the player at that point but I think they screwed up during Social Call by spawning Arthur's horse in its spot. Again that is likely because Exit was done before Social Call in the original order.

I was just thinking that about A Quiet Time. Yeah, it would be good to have a comprehensive list of which missions the horse is/isn’t in. This would allow us to place Exit exactly where it was originally, although I’m still not sure about leaving Hosea shouting “Hey Arthur” for so long.

I was also thinking that finding the original script order would be very useful. Rockstar likely spent a few years on the story, and they will have spent a decent bit of money on it, so the proper script order should tell it in the cinematic/smooth fashion you were talking about @GokuDosGames

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Yes but bear in mind it's more about chronological/original order rather than Rockstar bumping a mission forward last minute simply to unlock pre purchased horses and forgetting to show a horse in other (originally) earlier missions to reflect that. I think the fact that the horse not being there during Polite Society, Without Sin etc reflects that they didn't factor in these missions being done after Exit Pursued because they were originally meant to be done before it and I think this actually gives us an indication of what missions are meant to be before Exit Pursued so your tests are indeed very useful.

Firstly to discover where we should put exit Pursued, we should firstly know which mission or missions actually unlocked it before it got moved

23 minutes ago, GokuDosGames said:

Did you guys ever tried to go to the game's files to see if we can find anything out?

Rockstar still hasn't gave us access so we are stuck with their errors that they introduce with every online update they make now. If we were given access we could do all sorts of stuff.

12 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Also how do you know exit was done before social call?

3 hours ago, GokuDosGames said:

Guys which horse you think it's the canon horse?

Presumably the Dutch Warmblood.

-With the Andalusian it's the only good horse breed none of the other gang members have, so it's unique to Arthur.

-It's a tough work horse and its strong build suits Arthur more than race type of horses.

-The Chocolate Roan Dutch Warmblood can be bought relatively early so it accompanies you throughout the game until you receive Buell, also a dutch warmblood.

Edited by ElRato

11 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

I was just thinking that about A Quiet Time. Yeah, it would be good to have a comprehensive list of which missions the horse is/isn’t in. This would allow us to place Exit exactly where it was originally, although I’m still not sure about leaving Hosea shouting “Hey Arthur” for so long.

I will throw one together really quick now if you want. A combination of your tests and I'll take a look at some other missions. The only thing we really need to know is if the horse is there DURING the mission I think. For example during Without Sin it isn't there even though Exit Pursued is already active but appears after Without Sin is finished but that is technically not during without sin if that makes sense. The reason why Without Sin, Social Call, Polite Society and Quiet Time stand out so much is they are the only times part of a mission actually takes place within camp.

2 minutes ago, ElRato said:

Presumably the Dutch Warmblood.

-With the Andalusian it's the only good horse breed none of the other gang members have, so it's unique to Arthur.

-It's a tough work horse and its strong build suits Arthur more than race type of horses.

-The Chocolate Roan Dutch Warmblood can be bought relatively early so it accompanies you throughout the game until you receive Buell, also a dutch warmblood.

The Chocolate Roan Dutch Warmblood has to be my second favourite horse after the MFT. It's the one I use with Arthur the most. It doesn't look fancy, but for a jack of all trades, it suits Arthur perfectly.

1 minute ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I will throw one together really quick now if you want. A combination of your tests and I'll take a look at some other missions. The only thing we really need to know is if the horse is there DURING the mission I think. For example during Without Sin it isn't there even though Exit Pursued is already active but appears after Without Sin is finished but that is technically not during without sin if that makes sense. The reason why Without Sin, Social Call, Polite Society and Quiet Time stand out so much is they are the only times part of a mission actually takes place within camp.

Everytime we get closer and closer to out exit Pursued after a quiet time

5 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I’ve started doing one myself and am almost done. I’m testing

• Polite Society
  • Without Sin
  • Social Call
  • Money Lending
  • Quiet Time
  • Fisher of Men
  • Strauss Cutscene (to see if it’s in the background)
  • Like 1

Have any of you guys come across a random encounter in Valentine at night where a guy asks Arthur if he can rob his friend at the hotel and split the money?

• Like 1