---------------------------------------
- First Shall Be The Last
- [ Sean's Party ]
- ( Sleep until noon )
- Polite Society Valentine Style
- Money Lending and Other Sins 1 - 2
- Exit Pursued By A Bruised Ego (Return with Hosea)
- < Charles - Hunting >
- Spines of America (Return with Hosea)
- Good Honest Snake Oil
- Paying A Social Call
- A Quiet Time
- Blessed Are The Meek
- ( Camp overnight )
- We Loved Once and True 1
- Money Lending and Other Sins 3
- Pouring Forth Oil 1 - 2
- American Pastoral Scene
- We Loved Once and True 2 - 3
- ( Stay in hotel overnight )
- Pouring Forth Oil 3
- < Lenny - Five Finger Fillet >
- Fisher Of Men
- Pouring Forth Oil 4
- ( Camp until noon )
- Sheep and the Goats
- Strange Kindness

The main issue is that in my experience if you return to camp with anything on your horse Grimshaw glitches and doesn't tell you things. So after I return to camp with the Bison pelt which Arthur would unless he took it to Valentine to sell, Grimshaw won't tell me about Spines.

Edited by jimmyoneshot

2 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I need to test it out but I'm thinking about this:-

- Americans At Rest
- Who Is Not Without Sin
- [ Sean's Party ]
- ( Sleep until noon )
- < Charles - Hunting >
- Good Honest Snake Oil
- Paying A Social Call
- A Quiet Time
- Blessed Are The Meek
- ( Camp overnight )
- We Loved Once and True 1
- Money Lending and Other Sins 3
- Pouring Forth Oil 1 - 2
- American Pastoral Scene
- We Loved Once and True 2 - 3
- ( Stay in hotel overnight )
- Pouring Forth Oil 3
- < Lenny - Five Finger Fillet >
- Fisher Of Men
- Pouring Forth Oil 4
- ( Camp until noon )
- Sheep and the Goats
- Strange Kindness

Why Good Honest Snake Oil on the place it is? Why would arthur go to camp then to Valentine and then go back to camp again? And why would arthur go after Micah before seeing the woman he loves?

11 minutes ago, GokuDosGames said:

Why Good Honest Snake Oil on the place it is? Why would arthur go to camp then to Valentine and then go back to camp again? And why would arthur go after Micah before seeing the woman he loves?

I could've put Snake Oil straight after Charles Hunting mission and sell the pelt in Valentine before doing it but I don't think there would be enough time after that to fit in Spines without it being night time.

Arthur would go back to camp after Spines because it would be late in the day. The next morning he would do Snake Oil to earn money and then after donating the money to camp he could speak to Kieran to start Social Call. Social Call unlocks Quiet Time which would come next and takes him back to Valentine.

11 minutes ago, GokuDosGames said:

And why would arthur go after Micah before seeing the woman he loves?

And American Pastoral Scene I'm not sure on but it unlocks after Pouring Forth Oil 2

Edited by jimmyoneshot

6 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I could've put Snake Oil straight after Charles Hunting mission and sell the pelt in Valentine before doing it but I don't think there would be enough time after that to fit in Spines without it being night time.

Arthur would go back to camp after Spines because it would be late in the day. The next morning he would do Snake Oil to earn money and then after donating the money to camp he could speak to Kieran to start Social Call. Social Call unlocks Quiet Time which would come next and takes him back to Valentine.

What about Snake Oil straight after Polite Society? He’s in the area and it’s a lead, which is the very reason he went to town in the first place.

12 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Money Lending and Other Sins 1 - 2
- < Charles - Hunting >

Start "Money Lending and Other Sins" after "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego" to get the dialogue where Dutch tells you to help Strauss and then do hunting with Charles because he leaves you outside of camp.

1 minute ago, SoulSurj said:

Start "Money Lending and Other Sins" after "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego" to get the dialogue where Dutch tells you to help Strauss and then do hunting with Charles because he leaves you outside of camp.

Do you have a guaranteed method to trigger Dutch telling you to help Strauss? I’d like to try it but I’ve never had it happen to me before.

4 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

What about Snake Oil straight after Polite Society? He’s in the area and it’s a lead, which is the very reason he went to town in the first place.

I think it is more meant to be a lead for another day after we have got back to camp and told everyone that the Jimmy Brooks situation is dealt with which you can tell Dutch and Uncle about. Arthur wasn't exactly planning on chasing down bounties in the wagon with Uncle and the girls 😂

And Arthur going on foot to do the bounty is crazy to me. I used to do it when I first played the game.

10 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Do you have a guaranteed method to trigger Dutch telling you to help Strauss? I’d like to try it but I’ve never had it happen to me before.

Usually approaches you after Americans at Rest if you go to camp.

10 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I think it is more meant to be a lead for another day after we have got back to camp and told everyone that the Jimmy Brooks situation is dealt with which you can tell Dutch and Uncle about. Arthur wasn't exactly planning on chasing down bounties in the wagon with Uncle and the girls 😂

And Arthur going on foot to do the bounty is crazy to me. I used to do it when I first played the game.

I remember you telling us you'd walk to camp after Polite Society because of no horse 😂

4 minutes ago, Dan_1983 said:

I remember you telling us you'd walk to camp after Polite Society because of no horse 😂

I was young and stupid 😂

I don't return the horse to the guy in Valentine after chasing down Jimmy Brooks. I ride to camp and get the TW and leave the horse I stole at camp lol.

3 minutes ago, Dan_1983 said:

I don't return the horse to the guy in Valentine after chasing down Jimmy Brooks. I ride to camp and get the TW and leave the horse I stole at camp lol.

I think it fits chapter 2 arthur doing this but I just can't have a bad honor playthrough lol

20 minutes ago, SoulSurj said:

I've had that dialogue at some other random points to be honest but it'd be interesting to see if doing Exit Pursued before Money Lending guarantees Dutch to tell Arthur to help Strauss. The only issue is I certainly don't think I could afford a horse besides a Morgan without doing at least Money Lending first.

9 minutes ago, GokuDosGames said:

I think it fits chapter 2 arthur doing this but I just can't have a bad honor playthrough lol

Oh I do certain things that lose me honour but I still die peacefully lol.

I'm a cold blooded killer when deal with witnesses lol.

I think Arthur is neutral until TB diagnosis.

Edited by Dan_1983

4 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I've had that dialogue at some other random points to be honest but it'd be interesting to see if doing Exit Pursued before Money Lending guarantees Dutch to tell Arthur to help Strauss. The only issue is I certainly don't think I could afford a horse besides a Morgan without doing at least Money Lending first.

Doing "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego" before "Money Lending and Other Sins" has always guaranteed it for me. Waiting around camp for it to show up, beforehand, has only made it happen once.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoulSurj said:

Doing "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego" before "Money Lending and Other Sins" has always guaranteed it for me. Waiting around camp for it to show up, beforehand, has only made it happen once.

Thanks Soul. I might check it out now. I'm thinking I could maybe do Good Honest Snake Oil to guarantee I have the money for the horse if I don't at that point i.e. something like this:-

- Americans At Rest
- Who Is Not Without Sin
- [ Sean's Party ]
- ( Sleep until noon )

- ( Explore Valentine )
- Good Honest Snake Oil

etc

23 minutes ago, Dan_1983 said:

Lol, have you ever stolen Wrobel's horse?

Just now, Dan_1983 said:

Yes but I felt bad about it lol. 

I never feel bad about Wrobel cuz he talks sh*t about us in german, also I love the MUNEH scene, lmao

2 hours ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

If you play "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego," right after "The First Shall Be Last," and then return to camp with Hosea you should get the dialogue when you walk by Dutch. You don't have to greet him, it should start automatically. Just don't do "Money Lending and Other Sins" before you meet those requirements.

I've been doing some tests to see how we can afford a regular horse early during Exit Pursued. Usually I finish Chapter 1 with $28 or thereabouts and then after Eastward Bound when Chapter 2 starts for some reason Arthur has another $10 added to his money so has $38 at the start. The first few usual missions (Americans At Rest, Without Sin, First Shall Be Last, Polite Society) don't give you much money but First Shall Be The Last allows you to pick up $10 in the camp you find Sean in and you can rob the witness in Without Sin and he gives you a tiny amount which gives us a starting point of $48. So we need to earn about another $100 to afford the horse early which is $150.

Money Lending and Other Sins only actually gives you a $16 payout after you have turned all the debts in but it does go past the Mexican Gunslinger encounter which allows you to earn $10 and there is a hidden crate near Hani's Bethel that contains $20 so if you do all that it is $46 overall but as I say without those extras it is just $16.

Good Honest Snake Oil gives us $50 but I like to think that Arthur would donate half of that to camp so $50 at best and $25 at worst.

The horse that Hosea gives us to sell gets us $65 and we essentially need to sell this to afford the Standardbred to it's best to assume we should add that to our original total of $48 to make $113.

So starting from my example of $113:-

Money Lending 1 - 2 Only (with extras) = $113 + $46 = $159

Money Lending 1 - 2 Only (without extras) = $113 + $16 = $129

Snake Oil Only (keeping all the money) = $113 + $50 = $163

Snake Oil Only (donating half the money) = $113 + $25 = $138

Money Lending 1 - 2 (with extras) AND Snake Oil (keeping all the money) = $113 + $46 + $50 = $209

Money Lending 1 - 2 (without extras) AND Snake Oil (donating half the money) = $113 + $16 + $25 = $154

I like to imagine that Rockstar wouldn't consider random stuff we pick up 'canon' even though we are still obviously still going to so I think we can only really go off the bottom option which means it is likely that they intended for us to have both these missions done before doing Exit Pursued 👍

23 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I like to imagine that Rockstar wouldn't consider random stuff we pick up 'canon' even though we are still obviously still going to so I think we can only really go off the bottom option which means it is likely that they intended for us to have both these missions done before doing Exit Pursued 👍

Hosea gives you a horse to sell to buy a new one. If that horse isn't $150, and you don't want use money outside of missions, then I don't think you should take the $150 horse as being canon. Especially since Arthur is also supposed to give away most of his money to the camp.

3 minutes ago, SoulSurj said:

Hosea gives you a horse to sell to buy a new one. If that horse isn't $150, and you don't want use money outside of missions, then I don't think you should take the $150 horse as being canon. Especially since Arthur is also supposed to give away most of his money to the camp.

This is what happens if you buy the cheapest option. Check out the horse drop at 30 seconds in :-

1 hour ago, jimmyoneshot said:

This is what happens if you buy the cheapest option. Check out the horse drop at 30 seconds in :-

That's a glitch that Rockstar never patched. I just replayed the mission and all of the horses glitched after the cutscene ended. The horse in this video shrinks while the rest all grow in size because the cutscene shrinks them. Also, the guy talking to the horse seems to be looking downwards, as if the horse is shorter than him.

This is unrelated, but I don't think "Polite Society Valentine Style" takes place before "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego." In "Polite Society  Valentine Style," Uncle shows Arthur a second route to Valentine, while Hosea and Arthur use the trail to the left of town.

Edited by SoulSurj

After I come home from school I'll be creating a text file with all the clues we currently have towards the original chapter 2 order, it will take a while tho cuz I'll need to read the last 8 pages of this topic but will be a fun ride cuz I need to save the chapter list @jimmyoneshot sent me for chapter 6 and 4

4 hours ago, SoulSurj said:

I keep most of my money and donate $21 here and there. It's valuables I donate mostly with regular small monetary donations lol.

Exit is just an introduction to buying horses from the stables. You don't need to keep what you buy. At worst if you get the Morgan, resell it the next day and saddle up the TW you get from Sadie's barn.

I don't believe there is a canon horse that Arthur has. I can see him using most breeds except the Arabian which seems to elegant and small for him. Arthur suits a war or work horse.

6 hours ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I like to have Dutch approach me about helping Strauss before I start Money Lending, since it’s right on the edge of the camp and I don’t think Arthur would voluntarily walk over there to help out, even if Hosea did mention that Strauss “came back from town with that creepy smile on his face”. Have you ever had the helping dialogue before Exit Pursued? I’m thinking it might be another time-based thing, so Exit might have to go first for it to spawn. I’ll test it out.

Edited by JonnyTNT7

6 hours ago, SoulSurj said:

That's a glitch that Rockstar never patched. I just replayed the mission and all of the horses glitched after the cutscene ended. The horse in this video shrinks while the rest all grow in size because the cutscene shrinks them. Also, the guy talking to the horse seems to be looking downwards, as if the horse is shorter than him.

This is unrelated, but I don't think "Polite Society Valentine Style" takes place before "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego." In "Polite Society  Valentine Style," Uncle shows Arthur a second route to Valentine, while Hosea and Arthur use the trail to the left of town.

Nowhere near as much as the Morgan does though. The Standardbred barely moves and clearly fits the cutscene:-

Plus the fact that Arthur is meant to be buying himself a new improved long term horse and buying a Morgan is a downgrade. Doesn't really matter anyway though because the money can easily be made up by those 2 missions like I said.

I know what you mean about the left hand route but I actually think this is the first route Arthur takes when he first enters town during Americans At Rest. As a quick test try playing Americans At Rest and hitch your horse anywhere in town before the fight. Once the fight finishes the horse will spawn hitched to the post in front of the stables which indicates that is where Arthur put it. I think the reason he would've put it there was to speak to Thomas Downes for the first time just before American At Rest. The dialogue in Money Lending 2 tells us that Arthur has met and interacted with Downes and knows what he is like ("opinionated little do-gooder").

Edited by jimmyoneshot

1 hour ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

I like to have Dutch approach me about helping Strauss before I start Money Lending, since it’s right on the edge of the camp and I don’t think Arthur would voluntarily walk over there to help out, even if Hosea did mention that Strauss “came back from town with that creepy smile on his face”. Have you ever had the helping dialogue before Exit Pursued? I’m thinking it might be another time-based thing, so Exit might have to go first for it to spawn. I’ll test it out.

Sounds like a good test. Yes, in fact I get it a lot of the time after returning from Polite Society which I do after Sean's party but sometimes I don't get it. I don't think Dutch says it if it gets too late though like after 7pm. This is why I'm thinking maybe something like this:-

- Americans At Rest
- Who Is Not Without Sin
- [ Sean's Party ]
- ( Sleep until noon )

- Good Honest Snake Oil

- ( Dutch Dialogue about debts )

I'm just not sure if there is enough time in the day to do Snake Oil and ML&OS 1 - 2 however. Exit Pursued seems to be an evening mission (4pm - 6pm for example) because if you start it early time fast forwards to 5:30pm when you get to the stables and then 6pm when you are hunting rabbits etc

Edited by jimmyoneshot

I don't get the Morgans in this game. They're bigger in real life and you see a full size one when John helps Mr. Geddes son with his horse Jeremiah (it's a full size Morgan). Yet the stables sell them pony size lol. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 1:38 AM, jimmyoneshot said:

Here you go. Note that I also included the side missions in this Chapter because the Veteran and The Widow side missions are kind of part of Arthur's story because he talks about his regrets during The Veteran and has a coughing fit during The Widow. And The Course of True Love 4 and Of Men An Angels are also classed as optional story missions in the game so I put them in too :-

Reveal hidden contents

- Dear Uncle Tacitus
- Fleeting Joy
- Fork In The Road
- Icarus and Friends

------------------------------------------
- That's Murfree Country
- ( Sell/stable horse from Dear Uncle Tacitus at Van Horn Stables or keep it and sell/stable your old one )
- Visiting Hours
- Just A Social Call
- < Widow of Willard's Rest 1 >
- < The Course of True Love 4 (Read Letter) >
- Rage Unleashed
- Archaeology For Beginners
- < The Veteran 1 >
- Honor Amongst Thieves
- < Of Men and Angels >
- Goodbye Dear Friend
- (time seems to go overnight here until Arthur arrives at camp the next day)
- Fine Art of Conversation
- ( Camp until morning )
- < The Course of True Love 5 >
- Favored Sons
- King's Son
- Delights Of Van Horn
- < Widow of Willard's Rest 2 >
- < The Veteran 2 >
- Bridge To Nowhere
- ( Camp until morning )
- ( Cleet and Joe appear in camp here )
- < Money Lending and Other Sins 6 >
- < Money Lending and Other Sins 6 - J John Weathers >
- < Money Lending and Other Sins 6 - Arthur Londonderry  >
- < Money Lending and Other Sins 7 >
- < Do Not Seek Absolution 1 >
- < The Veteran 3 >
- < Do Not Seek Absolution 2 >
- Mrs Sadie Adler Widow 1
- Mrs Sadie Adler Widow 2
- < The Veteran 4 >
- ( Sell/stable your old horse at Van Horn Stables because you now have Buell )
- < Widow of Willard's Rest 3 >
- My Last Boy
- Our Best Selves
- Red Dead Redemption

How do you justify doing The Delights of Van Horn so late in this chapter?

He'll not stay at the old manor forever. :p

Also, I believe Strauss is cast out of camp while John and Dutch aren't there, 'cause they don't react about that event when they're in camp. So I'd do it while Favored Sons and The Bridge to Nowhere are available.