3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 - "Chronological" Mission Order

Spydr Webz

4 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Haha. I don't think Pouring Forth Oil 1 ever alters. I've seen these 2 cutscenes (John getting the oil wagon and Strauss reminding Arthur about Downes) before but haven't tried them out in ages. It skipped once for me because I got a haircut in Valentine 😂

Here is the John and the Oil wagon one though (3:00 mark):-

Well at least you're a gentle and left the mark, poor bastards who don't know Me. boss ftw will have to watch 3 minutes of his bs :/

16 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Ye that's true. In this case though they created 2 cutscenes for PF0 3 for if Arthur or John got the wagon. I'm more just experimenting at this point to see what I notice. Leaving these 2 missions is something I have very rarely played about with.

Plus it's the fault of everyone here for talking about Chapter 2 so much and making me think. I was up to Chapter 4 again on Friday now I'm back here again 😂

I already have Chapter 1, 3, 5, 6 canon orders ready, just need to fill some with some random encounters, I'm looking forward to know your thoughts on epilogue, I know it's kinda simple but still there's many stranger missions

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GokuDosGames said:

Well at least you're a gentle and left the mark, poor bastards who don't know Me. boss ftw will have to watch 3 minutes of his bs :/

I think he does some good stuff but it is always a 30 second clip buried inside a 10 minute video

Yeah I get that Grimshaw one days into Chapter 4 lol.

I had one from Mary Beth where she mentions she's glad to be out of the cold and asks where we are and mentions her mother was from New Hanover when Arthur tells her where they are lol.

This was after Polite Society Valentine Style lol.

Edited by Dan_1983
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan_1983 said:

Yeah I get that Grimshaw one days into Chapter 4 lol.

I had one from Mary Beth where she mentions she's glad to be out of the cold and asks where we are and mentions her mother was from New Hanover when Arthur tells her where they are lol.

This was after Polite Society Valentine Style lol.

Haha. I reckon it's gonna turn out one day that all this stuff we have been analysing for 2 years is all just Rockstar mistakes and it was a waste of time.

10 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Haha. I reckon it's gonna turn out one day that all this stuff we have been analysing for 2 years is all just Rockstar mistakes and it was a waste of time.

Imagine if someone from rockstar is among us and is like "why didn't we thought about that?" Or "lol, imagine if they knew the right order is in the official guide"

I changed my list, I put polite society after the money Lending missions but still, it feels weird doing going after Downes debt right after strauss tells you to cuz arthur on the cutscene seems like he doesn't give a damm, and don't want to go after the debt cuz he's tired of it, idk, his face expression is literally tapping the "Not now" button

Edited by GokuDosGames

31 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Haha. I don't think Pouring Forth Oil 1 ever alters. I've seen these 2 cutscenes (John getting the oil wagon and Strauss reminding Arthur about Downes) before but haven't tried them out in ages. It skipped once for me because I got a haircut in Valentine 😂

That’s very strange. The official guide states: “Part II skips if it is the only mission available or should four in-game hours pass while it is active”. We all know about the second condition, but I was interested in the first. I’ve just tested it and despite having completed every possible main mission so that after PFO I the only mission left is PFO II, PFO II has continued as normal. That’s what I meant by an alternate cutscene for PFO I.

12 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

That’s very strange. The official guide states: “Part II skips if it is the only mission available or should four in-game hours pass while it is active”. We all know about the second condition, but I was interested in the first. I’ve just tested it and despite having completed every possible main mission so that after PFO I the only mission left is PFO II, PFO II has continued as normal. That’s what I meant by an alternate cutscene for PFO I.

Ah right I see what you mean. Ye I think the guide is wrong about that only mission being active part in that case.

32 minutes ago, GokuDosGames said:

Imagine if someone from rockstar is among us and is like "why didn't we thought about that?" Or "lol, imagine if they knew the right order is in the official guide"

I changed my list, I put polite society after the money Lending missions but still, it feels weird doing going after Downes debt right after strauss tells you to cuz arthur on the cutscene seems like he doesn't give a damm, and don't want to go after the debt cuz he's tired of it, idk, his face expression is literally tapping the "Not now" button

Check this out from 20 seconds onwards:-

I agree to be honest but I always thought it made more sense to do the 3rd part there. He does seem like he is thinking "ye I'll do that later" which is also why I think the Strauss reminder might be canon.

18 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I agree to be honest but I always thought it made more sense to do the 3rd part there. He does seem like he is thinking "ye I'll do that later" which is also why I think the Strauss reminder might be canon.

Have you had any luck triggering the Strauss reminder?

3 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Have you had any luck triggering the Strauss reminder?

I've just restarted Chapter 2 again today so I'm just speedrunning through the missions at the moment to get there. Will let you know soon bud

My fresh new chapter 2 list... Worked on it for two days, give some feedback pls guys :p

Chapter 2 - Horseshoe Overlook:

-?- A Test of Faith - try to bump into it on your way to the Flatneck Station, it isn't impossible, I did it :p

-Rs- Who is not without a Sin? - Reverend is a drunken fool who may open his mouth, arthur would definitely go after him first

-?- The Noblest of Men, and a Woman - Arthur will bump into Calloway while looking for the boys on the small saloon on Valentine

-Je- Americans at Rest - I would put polite society here but it seems that the gang is there for some weeks already so arthur probably knows Valentine, from a realistic perspective Americans at Rest comes first, from a casual player perspective? Polite society comes first, you decide tho either way works good

(Take a bath and sleep till the next morning on the hotel)

-?- All that glitters - you can go meet him and justify it by saying arthur took a long route to West Elizabeth, I stumbled onto this guy while I was going to Flatneck Station so you may find him this time too

-Jack Hall Treasure- 1st location

-?- Smoking and Other Hobbies - same explanation as "All that glitters"

-Je- The first shall be last

-?- Arcadia for Amateurs I

-First encounter with those lumberjacks

-First encounter with Father while returning to camp

(Spend some time hunting and finding some collectables)

(Sean's party, sleep till noon (morning if possible))

-Ls- -$- Money Lending and Other Sins I & II - Arthur needs money, you hear me? MUNEH and now it's a good time to do the loansharking missions, get all the debts before going back camp, also try to get back early

-Second Father encounter - while you go from one debt to another

-Ls- Money Lending and Other Sins III

(Hunt and use the rest of the day to collect some cigarette cards and discover some dinosaur bones)

(Sleep till morning)

-K- Paying a Social Call - Now that we don't anything to do anymore, it's the perfect time to interrogate the O'DRISCALL, and see if we can get another score like the train one

(Waste some time till noon and then go back to camp)

-U- Polite Society, Valentine Style - this a perfect time to go to town to look after some clues so the others have something to work on and you find a way to earn some money, don't forget to whistle to your horse when getting out from camp so he follows you

-💀-Good Honest Snake Oil - go back to town, give back the owner's horse and go to the sheriff to check the bounty hunting uncle talked about

(Use the rest of the evening to hunt or collect some collectables till night)

-Americam Dreams- 1st body down the train tracks south-east of Valentine - you'll find this body on your back to camp

(Sleep on the camp till morning)

-H- Exit, Pursued by a Bruised Ego - Now that most of our jobs are done and the gang finally have some MUNEH, it's a perfect time to go hunting with Hosea and just enjoy a quiet ride with your old friend, when asked go back to camp with hosea.

(2 days will pass during the mission)

-📜- We loved Once and True I - after Arthur's arrival at the camp he reads Mary's letter

-J- Pouring Forth Oil I - Go talk with John at the morning

-J- Pouring Forth Oil II - steal the wagon for John, hide it and go back to camp

-ML- We loved Once and True II - go see Mary at the same day noon, accept helping her

-ML- We loved Once and True III - rescue her brother, be sure to be aggressive against the chelonians, fits arthur better

(Another day will pass after finishing We Loved Once and True III)

(Go back to camp to trigger Grimshaw saying to you that Hosea is on emerald ranch)

-H- The Spines of America - go see what Hosea wants, choose to rob the house at day so we have time for the next missions

-Bounty Hunting- Ellie Anne Swan - Valentine - go back to camp to give its share

-D- A quiet time

(A night will pass after you complete A Quiet Time)

-Third Encounter with Father

-Am- Arcadia for Amateurs II

-Second Encounter with the Lumberjacks

-Lost New Yorker encounter

-M- Blessed are the Meek? - go save the rat cuz dutch said to...

-Fh- Flaco Hernandez - Make sure to pick his pistol otherwise you'll loose it forever

-Hunting with Charles - After completing it waste some time hunting and collecting some dinosaur bones or cigarettes cards

-J- Pouring Forth Oil III - talk with John

(Go to West Elizabeth, camp out there and sleep till morning)

-Third and final encounter with the Lumberjacks

-?- Geology for Beginners - Arthur was looking for Micah and coincidentally stumbles onto Sinclair

-M- An American Pastoral Scene - I know, I know, why save the rat now? So we can blame him for the pinkertons showing up on the next mission, this will foreshadow Micah's betrayal

-Fourth and final encounter with Father

-Home robbery - Javier

-A- A Fisher of Men - This one comes before cuz on the next mission Arthur will mention the encounter with the pinkertons near Horseshoe no matter what order you do these two missions

-J- Pouring Forth Oil IV - try to escape directly to emerald ranch and it's surrounding and camp there

(Camp out and sleep till morning)

-Am- Arcadia for Amateurs III

-Eg- Emmet Granger - Don't forget to pick his pistol otherwise you'll loose it forever

-J- The Sheep and the Goats

-D- A strange kindness - try to waste some time between this one and the last one like take a rly long route to make sure you aren't followed and then go back to camp

2 hours ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Ah right I see what you mean. Ye I think the guide is wrong about that only mission being active part in that case.

Check this out from 20 seconds onwards:-

Lol, Roger Clark is so goddam charismatic just like Steve Downes (Master Chief)

Rdr2 canon ending

https://youtu.be/v4EnI9ZBTfE

Edited by GokuDosGames
  • Like 1

Guys, could someone pls send me a list of side quests that can only be completed as John? And give me your thoughts if those should be actually left for John to do or not, like A test of Faith, idk if arthur or John should start it cuz well, would the deborah strange that 8 full years have passed with no info? Or wouldn't she die or get older?

1 hour ago, GokuDosGames said:

Guys, could someone pls send me a list of side quests that can only be completed as John? And give me your thoughts if those should be actually left for John to do or not, like A test of Faith, idk if arthur or John should start it cuz well, would the deborah strange that 8 full years have passed with no info? Or wouldn't she die or get older?

I'll get that over to you tomorrow Goku. A lot of us used to do all of the side quests and stranger missions a while back and some still do but trying to fit them into an order with the story was a nightmare so a few of us including myself just do Story missions and stuff like that. I personally just do Story Missions, Optional Story Missions and Gang Activity Missions because that makes it much easier to come up with an order.

After much rigorous testing (seriously @jimmyoneshot I don’t know how you can stand to play through these missions so often), I have found the way to trigger Strauss’ secret cutscene. The required missions are:

• Money Lending and Other Sins II
  • Blessed are the Meek?
  • All three debts collected

That last bullet is important! I tried different combinations of Quiet Time, Blessed and Spines, all with no luck, before adding in the other two debtors and finding immediate success. The prerequisites to trigger the scene are therefore:

• Americans at Rest
  • The First Shall be Last
  • Paying a Social Call
  • A Quiet Time
  • Blessed are the Meek?
  • Money Lending and Other Sins I & II (all debtors)

I really think this cutscene is exactly what we’ve been looking for. It adds emphasis to such an important mission, it explains a little of why Arthur is so brutal towards Downes, and best of all it is a fixed, objective way of ordering several missions. I’ll look at getting an order for them in the morning, but I hope this is helpful for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

After much rigorous testing (seriously @jimmyoneshot I don’t know how you can stand to play through these missions so often), I have found the way to trigger Strauss’ secret cutscene. The required missions are:

• Blessed are the Meek?

That last bullet is important! I tried different combinations of Quiet Time, Blessed and Spines, all with no luck, before adding in the other two debtors and finding immediate success. The prerequisites to trigger the scene are therefore:

• Americans at Rest
  • The First Shall be Last
  • Paying a Social Call
  • A Quiet Time
  • Blessed are the Meek?
  • Money Lending and Other Sins I & II (all debtors)

I really think this cutscene is exactly what we’ve been looking for. It adds emphasis to such an important mission, it explains a little of why Arthur is so brutal towards Downes, and best of all it is a fixed, objective way of ordering several missions. I’ll look at getting an order for them in the morning, but I hope this is helpful for now.

Good stuff man. I'm trying similar stuff right now. One important point that I forgot to mention that makes a difference. Sorry I should've said this earlier:-

The letter itself appears in camp when Money Lending 1 - 2 and Social Call are completed

Once those 2 are completed the letter shows up on Arthur's table no matter what even if it isn't marked on the map. So you can literally make the letter show up by doing only 3 missions - Americans At Rest (which unlocks Money Lending and Social Call) and then doing Money Lending 1 - 2 and Social Call.

I did my usual first missions and then did the 2 missions required to unlock the letter (Money Lending 1 - 2 and Social Call) :-

- Americans At Rest

- Without Sin

- First Shall Be Last

- Polite Society Valentine Style

- Money Lending 1 - 2

- Social Call

And after this I made a savegame and did some combinations of tests by testing if I could activate the cutscene after each missions:-

Test 1 (after the above 6 missions)

- A Quiet Time

- ( No Cutscene )

- Blessed Are The Meek

- ( No cutscene )

Test 2 (after the above 6 missions)

- Exit Pursued By A Bruised Ego

- ( CUTSCENE APPEARED HERE )

Edited by jimmyoneshot

1 hour ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

The required missions are:

• Blessed are the Meek?

If that's the case then maybe you're supposed to play "We Loved Once and True" instead of "Pouring Forth Oil II." It would explain how Cornwall knows John and Strauss are part of the gang, in Valentine, and why Mrs. Downes shows up after Pouring Forth Oil III. Also... John mentions Mary during "The Sheep and the Goats," although that might not have anything to do with it.

2 hours ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

THIS ^ 100%. I'm now convinced that this cutscene is canon and should be triggered. I'll talk more tomorrow with you on it.

I've been leaving the Money Lending secret cutscene in my latest playthroughs, after I return the three debts to Strauss and ready to go for Downes, Arthur gets called by Dutch for "A Quiet Time" mission... so he obviously gets distracted from here. Also I'm planning to skip the oil wagon mission, I think it works better to be a offscreen thing, not really worth Arthur's time.

2 hours ago, jimmyoneshot said:

THIS ^ 100%. I'm now convinced that this cutscene is canon and should be triggered. I'll talk more tomorrow with you on it.

It is canon. You can read the letter and the cutscene won't come up and it doesn't feel quite impactful. I think the letter has to be the last and only thing available to trigger the cutscene. I usually do it after Blessed are the Meek which comes a bit late in my Chapter 2.

Reminder of Mary makes Arthur emotional and a bit sad which means Thomas Downes is in for pure hell lol.

I can't stand the little git myself. He stuck his nose in where it wasn't wanted with Arthur and Tonmy and took on a huge debt, hoping his disease would take him first before he has to pay it back. What's even worse he coughed blood purposely into a man's face knowing he could affect him. Not the little do gooder he comes across.

Edited by Dan_1983
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Good stuff man. I'm trying similar stuff right now. One important point that I forgot to mention that makes a difference. Sorry I should've said this earlier:-

The letter itself appears in camp when Money Lending 1 - 2 and Social Call are completed

Once those 2 are completed the letter shows up on Arthur's table no matter what even if it isn't marked on the map. So you can literally make the letter show up by doing only 3 missions - Americans At Rest (which unlocks Money Lending and Social Call) and then doing Money Lending 1 - 2 and Social Call.

I did my usual first missions and then did the 2 missions required to unlock the letter (Money Lending 1 - 2 and Social Call) :-

- Americans At Rest

- Without Sin

- First Shall Be Last

- Money Lending 1 - 2

- Social Call

And after this I made a savegame and did some combinations of tests by testing if I could activate the cutscene after each missions:-

- A Quiet Time

- ( No Cutscene )

- Blessed Are The Meek

- ( No cutscene )

These are the tests I did:

[Completed missions:

• Polite Society
  • Americans at Rest
  • Who is not Without Sin
  • The First Shall Be Last
  • Exit Pursued By A Bruised Ego (this one isn’t related but it was already completed on my save game. I didn’t think it had any impact on the cutscene since Spines of America didn’t. I should maybe test it again without Exit just to be safe.)
  • Paying a Social Call
  • Money Lending I
  • Wrobel
  • Money Lending II

]

Test 1:

- A Quiet Time

(No Cutscene)

- A Quiet Time + Blessed Are The Meek?

<No cutscene>
- A Quiet Time + Blessed Are The Meek + Spines of America

<No Cutscene>
- QT + BatM + SoA + Chick Mathews & Lily Millet

<Cutscene!>

Test 2:

- A Quiet Time + Chick Matthews & Lily Millet

<No Cutscene>
- A Quiet Time + Blessed Are The Meek? + Chick Matthews & Lily Millet

<Cutscene!>

Thats how I arrived at my conclusion. Since SoA doesn’t impact it at all, I didn’t think Exit would have affected the tests either, but like I say it might be better to be sure.

GinsengElixir
12 hours ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Here's a couple of unpopular opinions I'm thinking about now :-

I think John is the one who got the oil wagon during Pouring Forth Oil 2 and Arthur forgot

I've only just thought about this fully for the first time but if you check out the ending of Pouring Forth Oil 2 Arthur releases the horses. Then later on when he gets there in Pouring Forth Oil 4 the same horses are back and are attached to the wagon. Also notice how Arthur is checking out the wagon during the opening cutscene in Pouring Forth Iil 4. He seems to be really impressed and is giving it a good look over like it is the first time he has seen it. This could be headcanoned away as a plot hole/mistake or by saying that Sean bought some Shires from the nearby stable or something or that Arthur is just making sure the wagon is ready for the mission but it is still very interesting I think. John couldn't have done it because he turns up after Sean.

Also note that the actual mission to steal the wagon is a very weak mission. It is like an afterthought with no story elements to it whatsoever. You either just run in grab the wagon and ride out getting shot to bits as you do OR use some gamey method like shooting an error in there to make the wagon leave the compound which the guards would obviously see realistically OR wait until it goes to Valentine and this is even glitched sometimes if you start the mission too early in which case the wagon doesn't move.

It is important to note that to trigger Pouring Forth Oil 1 you need to have completed 1. Polite Society Valentine Style 2. First Shall Be The Last and 3. Read the letter from Mary for We Loved Once and True. It is the 3rd part that I'm interested in because I think there must be a reason for that story wise and I think the reason is that Arthur would get distracted from the Oil Wagon by helping out Mary.

Here's another thing - Reading that letter causes Strauss to remind Arthur to go and collect the debt from Strauss. This got me thinking further:-

I think Arthur leaves the Thomas Downes debt until after Strauss reminds him to get it

This cutscene really shows how upset Arthur is about the Mary letter. So I think if you combine these 2 then basically:-

- Arthur reads the Mary letter and gets reminded by Strauss to deal with Downes which he then does (Pouring Forth Oil 1 and We Loved Once and True 2 unlock here)

- John talks to Arthur about getting the oil wagon after informing Strauss about Downes

- Arthur visits Mary and saves Jamie which causes John to go and get the wagon

- John tells Arthur that he got the wagon because Arthur forgot

I just need to test it in an order and see how it works out but I'm not fully sure how the Strauss cutscene where he reminds Arthur about Downes is triggered.

How are these unpopular opinions? This is how I always do it, exactly as you wrote, and it works perfectly 👌 

Well, you can discount those tests I did. I thought the cutscene would be linked to a specific mission or sequence of missions, but I think it’s actually just based on the amount of time that has passed since you handed the debts in. Last time, I read the letter after doing A Quiet Time and collecting the debt from Chick and Lilly, and the cutscene didn’t happen. This time, I did exactly the same, but slept after collecting the debts, and it appeared.

It took around me 30 in-game hours to return to camp and read the letter after QT and the debts. The cutscene didn’t play.

It took me around 67 in-game hours to return to camp and read the letter after QT, the debts and sleeping for a while. The cutscene played. So if I had to guess, I would say it takes 48 hours from the start of Money Lending II for the new cutscene to appear.

I usually do it a few days after Blessed are The Meek (that's when Arthur takes a break in my game and goes off wandering, hunting a few legendary animals, robbing homesteads he's been tipped off on and scouting about). 

Edited by Dan_1983

Nah I don't think the Downes cutscene is canon, it's like saying that the secret cutscene on magicians by sport is canon, it's just something rockstar put there to remind us of the mission cuz details, it doesn't affect nothing in the story and I'm starting to think something that you guys won't like too much

8 hours ago, jimmyoneshot said:

- Americans At Rest

- Without Sin

- First Shall Be Last

- Money Lending 1 - 2

- Social Call

- A Quiet Time

- ( No Cutscene )

- Blessed Are The Meek

- ( No cutscene )

Ok so this can work if we think like that:

Strauss tells arthur to go collect the money from Downes

Arthur is ready to go but then Hosea calls him with "Hey, Arthur!"

Arthur goes see what happened, on his way back to camp he reads Mary's letter and strauss confronts him

Edited by GokuDosGames

Bearing in mind all of the new info surrounding the Strauss cutscene (remember, approximately two days must pass before it becomes available), I think this order looks pretty good (starts midway through the chapter).

[LS] Money Lending I & II 

[D] A Quiet Time (Dutch calls Arthur over. Lenny arriving and Dutch’s orders to get him drunk take priority over Downes.)

- - - - -

<Explore a little of Big Valley, hunt etc.>
[M] Blessed are the Meek? (Start late evening, finishes around dawn)

- - - - -

[Letter] We Loved Once and True I

<Strauss Cutscene>

[LS] Money Lending III

<Grimshaw tells you John wants to speak to you>
[J] Pouring Forth Oil I

[ML] We Loved Once and True II-III

<Sleep in Hotel/camp out, but don’t return to camp yet>
 - - - - -

[J] Pouring Forth Oil III

<Something to fill the time, possible Hunting - Charles>
[A] A Fisher of Men

[J] Pouring Forth Oil IV

- - - - -

[M] An American Pastoral Scene

[J] The Sheep and the Goats

[D] A Strange Kindness

That looks like it would work well. And part of the beauty of it is the scope for customisation. For example, although canonically PFO II might be skipped, I personally would still play it anyway because I hate missing content I can’t go back to. It wouldn’t affect anything, though, because WLOaT always finishes around 19:00. You can start it right after PFO I or II and the timings remain the same. Same idea with camping out after TSatG - you can camp if you want to, or head back to camp on the same day to finish the chapter. Doesn’t affect anything.

I’m sure my placement of American Pastoral Scene might cause debate, but I really think it fits better after the PFO strand. 

• To do it after PFO II or III means abandoning the current thread to do something completely unrelated in a far-off corner of the map. This doesn’t sit well with me at all.
  • Arthur doesn’t like to take Micah along on jobs. For example, when planning the Saint Denis Trolley Station robbery, Arthur doesn’t want to bring Micah because he “wants a pay day, not a massacre”. If he brings Micah back to camp first, he runs the risk of Micah inviting himself along.
  • Arthur’s mind is focussed on his encounter with Mary and the impending train robbery. I imagine Micah would be the furthest thing from his mind at that moment.
  • When playing PFO IV, the default loadout is the Carbine Repeater, suggesting AAPS has not yet been completed. This might seem a small thing, but they obviously assumed AAPS would not have been completed yet, which suggests PFO comes first in their script. I would consider this in the same way I consider the “they found me at Horseshoe” line. We can’t really discount anything.

Anyway, my main point was about using the Strauss Cutscene to form an order for the second half. Let me know how it looks.

Edited by JonnyTNT7

2 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Bearing in mind all of the new info surrounding the Strauss cutscene (remember, approximately two days must pass before it becomes available), I think this order looks pretty good (starts midway through the chapter).

[LS] Money Lending I & II 

[D] A Quiet Time (Dutch calls Arthur over. Lenny arriving and Dutch’s orders to get him drunk take priority over Downes.)

- - - - -

<Explore a little of Big Valley, hunt etc.>
[M] Blessed are the Meek? (Start late evening, finishes around dawn)

- - - - -

[Letter] We Loved Once and True I

<Strauss Cutscene>

[LS] Money Lending III

<Grimshaw tells you John wants to speak to you>
[J] Pouring Forth Oil I

[ML] We Loved Once and True II-III

<Sleep in Hotel/camp out, but don’t return to camp yet>
 - - - - -

[J] Pouring Forth Oil III

<Something to fill the time, possible Hunting - Charles>
[A] A Fisher of Men

[J] Pouring Forth Oil IV

- - - - -

[M] An American Pastoral Scene

[J] The Sheep and the Goats

[D] A Strange Kindness

That looks like it would work well. And part of the beauty of it is the scope for customisation. For example, although canonically PFO II might be skipped, I personally would still play it anyway because I hate missing content I can’t go back to. It wouldn’t affect anything, though, because WLOaT always finishes around 19:00. You can start it right after PFO I or II and the timings remain the same. Same idea with camping out after TSatG - you can camp if you want to, or head back to camp on the same day to finish the chapter. Doesn’t affect anything.

I’m sure my placement of American Pastoral Scene might cause debate, but I really think it fits better after the PFO strand. 

• To do it after PFO II or III means abandoning the current thread to do something completely unrelated in a far-off corner of the map. This doesn’t sit well with me at all.
  • Arthur doesn’t like to take Micah along on jobs. For example, when planning the Saint Denis Trolley Station robbery, Arthur doesn’t want to bring Micah because he “wants a pay day, not a massacre”. If he brings Micah back to camp first, he runs the risk of Micah inviting himself along.
  • Arthur’s mind is focussed on his encounter with Mary and the impending train robbery. I imagine Micah would be the furthest thing from his mind at that moment.
  • When playing PFO IV, the default loadout is the Carbine Repeater, suggesting AAPS has not yet been completed. This might seem a small thing, but they obviously assumed AAPS would not have been completed yet, which suggests PFO comes first in their script.

Anyway, my main point was about using the Strauss Cutscene to form an order for the second half, so I‘be got all day to argue for a later AAPS.

But the default dead eye on AAPS is the one without the manual marking, so that means it comes before PFO IV

Also exit Pursued already makes 2 days in-game pass

I was taking a look and I can't fit money lending after social call without it feeling weird, I mean after bruised ego is ok cuz hosea called arthur, but after social call? It's not like arthur would suddenly forget the Downes debt cuz whatever reason

2 minutes ago, GokuDosGames said:

But the default dead eye on AAPS is the one without the manual marking, so that means it comes before PFO IV

Also exit Pursued already makes 2 days in-game pass

Wait, so even if you play AAPS after PFO IV, the dead-eye is still the old automatic version?

I do Exit Pursued earlier, the afternoon after Sean’s party. Then Social Call the next day and intertwine Spines of America with the Emerald Ranch debts.

2 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Wait, so even if you play AAPS after PFO IV, the dead-eye is still the old automatic version?

I do Exit Pursued earlier, the afternoon after Sean’s party. Then Social Call the next day and intertwine Spines of America with the Emerald Ranch debts.

If you replay AAPS yeah, I think the replay mechanic may tell us a lot about the original order but still, I think there isn't an original order and rockstar was just making missions and connecting them to feel like one was made after the other

7 minutes ago, GokuDosGames said:

If you replay AAPS yeah, I think the replay mechanic may tell us a lot about the original order but still, I think there isn't an original order and rockstar was just making missions and connecting them to feel like one was made after the other

You like to think about what Arthur would do, so why would he abandon the current train job just to go and see someone he doesn’t even like? I just can’t think of a good story reason for doing AAPS first.

Just now, JonnyTNT7 said:

You like to think about what Arthur would do, so why would he abandon the current train job just to go and see someone he doesn’t even like? I just can’t think of a good story reason for doing AAPS first.

He has nothing more to do AND dutch said to

Btw main argument about Americans at rest being a good intro mission, it shows how savage the Valentine ppl are, polite society may be a good intro to the town, but Americans at rest is a good intro to the ppl that live there, if you hear what they say while you fight tommy you'll see how savage they are and hypocritical too, after Americans at Rest there's no reason to go back till polite society so that's the reason why polite society is a good intro to the town