3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 - "Chronological" Mission Order

Spydr Webz

JonnyTNT7

I’ve done a complete playthrough of Chapter 2 from the beginning and I think I’m happy with this. Any thoughts? 

Spoiler

Who is Not Without Sin?
-

Americans at Rest

The First Shall be Last

<Sean’s Party>

-

Home Robbery - Javier

Money Lending and Other Sins I

-

Money Lending and Other Sins II (All Debtors)

Exit, Pursued by a Bruised Ego (Stay and Hunt Bear)

-

Hunting - Charles

-

Polite Society, Valentine Style

<Retrieve Tennessee Walker from Stables>

Good, Honest Snake Oil

<Grimshaw Message about Spines>
The Spines of America (Day approach and return with Hosea)

-

Paying a Social Call

<Bounty - Ellie Anne Swan>
A Quiet Time

-

Blessed are the Meek?
-

We Loved Once and True I

Money Lending and Other Sins III

Pouring Forth Oil I

We Loved Once and True II-III

-

Pouring Forth Oil III

FFF - Lenny

A Fisher of Men

Pouring Forth Oil IV

-

An American Pastoral Scene

The Sheep and the Goats

-

A Strange Kindness

I had to do plenty of replays of the missions between Exit and Quiet Time because there was always something wrong. After Spines all camp missions are disabled for example so I think Spines belongs at the end of the day. Charles’ Hunting belongs in the afternoon at the earliest since the bison have been dead for half a day. But this order seemed to flow alright.

jimmyoneshot
On 6/23/2022 at 8:51 PM, JonnyTNT7 said:

I had to do plenty of replays of the missions between Exit and Quiet Time because there was always something wrong. After Spines all camp missions are disabled for example so I think Spines belongs at the end of the day. Charles’ Hunting belongs in the afternoon at the earliest since the bison have been dead for half a day. But this order seemed to flow alright.

Ye it seems pretty good to me. I agree about Spines maybe being done early in the Chapter. I tested returning from it while Mary's letter is active and it disappears until you walk far away from it at which point it respawns which SEEMS like it wouldn't be intentional so it's likely it should be done before Mary's letter unlocks i.e. before the combination of Money Lending 2 and Social Call are completed.

To expand on that a bit more I think Arthur's obvious previous knowledge of Carmody Dell during We Loved Once and True 2 is also important here. What I mean is some might say that it is weird to do Spines before Social Call because we search a chimney for the first time in Social Call, however, it also strongly seems that Money Lending should come before Social Call because after completing JUST Social Call alone Grimshaw starts approaching Arthur about Mary even if the letter isn't unlocked yet which seems like a clue that Social Call should be done after Money Lending 2 at which point the letter WOULD be around. So if we assume this then if we unlock the letter BEFORE doing Spines then technically that means there is a letter in camp directing us to a mission (WLOAT 2) where Mary will tell us about Carmody Dell and Arthur will know exactly where she means even though he hasn't been directed there yet. So if we consider the letter an extension of this mission...which it kind of is being WLOAT 1...then the letter probably shouldn't be in camp until after Spines has been done. So basically Spines should likely come before Social Call as you've done i.e. before the letter is unlocked.

Couple of points:-

• Dutch might approach Arthur as he's heading towards Javier and give him the Strauss reminder. He did this for me pretty consistently. But it's no big deal as you could just switch these missions around if need be anyway and it fits just as well
  • Didn't Grimshaw approach you after returning from hunting the bear? Unless you bring something back on your horse she should here I think but I would have to double-check that
  • Dutch being in a different outfit in Quiet Time than Social Call if that bothers you
  • I'm always trying to think of a way around having to camp out after Blessed are the Meek but it seems necessary as you've no doubt noticed. Reason is if we return to camp late in the day it's too late to start We Loved Once and True 2 and sleeping overnight straight after Arthur has read Mary's letter combined with John telling you about the oil wagons seems too bizarre. Really would've been great if John didn't appear until the next morning after Returning from Money Lending 3 or something or if Pouring Forth Oil 1 had an alternative opening cutscene or something where if you start it late Arthur tells John he'll go tomorrow ha
Edited by jimmyoneshot

JonnyTNT7
1 hour ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I agree about Spines maybe being done early in the Chapter.

Yeah so do I. Something I noticed is that Spines has a tooltip telling you to tap A in time with your horse’s gallop to conserve stamina which seems like something which should be mentioned early. But then again tutorials are all over the place in this chapter 😂

What I mean is some might say that it is weird to do Spines before Social Call because we search a chimney for the first time in Social Call,

Yeah I used to be the same but two things changed my mind:

1) If Polite is to come after Exit AND Polite is to come before Social Call, then this sequence is formed: Exit-Polite-Social. Trouble is that Grimshaw will approach after any one mission post-Exit, so to start Social Call before Spines you’d either have to run straight to Kieran before Grimshaw can grab you which seems gamey and immersion-breaking OR get Grimshaw’s message and ignore it to do something unrelated first (kill O’Driscolls), which I don’t like because you’re leaving Hosea for no good reason (Kieran will still be tied up when you get back from Spines!). Basically there’s no good way to fit Polite AND Social Call between Exit and Spines, so I just do Polite and leave Social Call for later.

2) I don’t think Social Call is Arthur’s first ever time checking a chimney. If you watch the cutscene, he doesn’t loot the cabin at all until Kieran explicitly tells him to. It’s not like he gets the money off the table but doesn’t know to check the chimney until he’s told. Had that been the case, I’d have been sure that Social Call was his first time, but as they are it’s more ambiguous. Something else is that there’s the Hani’s Bethel shack which is exactly between Chick’s debt money and Lilly Millet, meaning a player is very likely to organically stumble upon and explore it. It has a prominently searchable chimney, so I think it’s reasonable to assume that both the player and Arthur have had experience finding stashes in chimneys by the time Social Call comes around. To top it off, you don’t need to find the stash in Spines to complete the mission - it’s purely optional. So overall I don’t think the chimney thing matters much. 

Dutch might approach Arthur as he's heading towards Javier and give him the Strauss reminder. He did this for me pretty consistently. But it's no big deal as you could just switch these missions around if need be anyway and it fits just as well

Yeah that’s a bit of an annoyance but no way around it. Javier shouts you over so I suppose you could say that Arthur was walking slowly towards Strauss but was happy to be distracted by Javier, and even happier to perform a robbery his way - with guns - rather than by Strauss’ way. Then you can speak to Strauss when you get back since there are no more distractions. 

Didn't Grimshaw approach you after returning from hunting the bear? Unless you bring something back on your horse she should here I think but I would have to double-check that

No she didn’t. That was surprising, and convinced me that hunting the bear was a valid option. I always prefer to stay and hunt it since the mission feels pretty anti-climatic otherwise - all that travel and build-up for nothing! And it provides a nice ride through a different region en-route to the trapper. Anyway, when I got back to camp Grimshaw categorically did not approach. I followed her, greeted her, nothing. I left camp again and rode out a short distance, then returned. She approached immediately. So unless I did something wrong (I’m 99% I didn’t have an animal on my horse either time), it seems that she won’t approach the first time you get back to camp, but will the next. 

Dutch being in a different outfit in Quiet Time than Social Call if that bothers you

Used to but doesn’t really any more. They made SC directly unlock QT so they must have known plenty of players would do QT straight after SC. Like you said, outfits can be a bit inconsistent throughout the game.

I'm always trying to think of a way around having to camp out after Blessed are the Meek but it seems necessary as you've no doubt noticed.

Don’t mind it to be honest. It feels like a pretty natural way to put to use the camping skill we learned in Exit. And if you camp in WE, you’ll get an encounter with bounty hunters in the morning, which again seems like a natural way for the game to introduce that mechanic. What don’t you like about it?

EDIT: Sorry about the funny highlighting and the empty quote box at the bottom. I’ve always used my iPad for this website and I’ve never had formatting issues before, but suddenly it refuses to cooperate with me 😂

Edited by JonnyTNT7
  • Like 3

jimmyoneshot
23 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

To top it off, you don’t need to find the stash in Spines to complete the mission - it’s purely optional. So overall I don’t think the chimney thing matters much.

Ye very true. It could potentially be like a 'bonus' for players who know the mission well or who have played it at night previously to find that extra money in the chimney by interrogating the father in bed but not strictly be canon the same way the gold medal stuff is very unlikely canon. There is also something similar in the mission where you can do a 180 as soon as you exit the barn with the carriage and that lets you leave without the Father and Son spotting you leaving yet it seems much more 'canon' for Arthur and Hosea to just high tail it out of there with the father and son shouting after them especially based on the way Hosea sarcastically says to Sheamus "WE met your cousins...fine people"

Something I noticed is that Spines has a tooltip telling you to tap A in time with your horse’s gallop to conserve stamina which seems like something which should be mentioned early. But then again tutorials are all over the place in this chapter

I never noticed this actually. I'll try this out now because I'm wide awake and interested 😂 It also has a binoculars tutorial which changes based on whether you've done First Shall Be Last or not which also introduces binoculars.

No she didn’t. That was surprising, and convinced me that hunting the bear was a valid option.

I'll try this out too.

Don’t mind it to be honest. It feels like a pretty natural way to put to use the camping skill we learned in Exit. And if you camp in WE, you’ll get an encounter with bounty hunters in the morning, which again seems like a natural way for the game to introduce that mechanic. What don’t you like about it?

Ye that's exactly how I headcanon it too to be honest. Seems good for Arthur to be introduced to everything at least once and seeing as there's no official introduction to bounty hunters and camping out here always triggers them it seems like a good time. My main issue with it was that it feels a little bit too close to camp to camp out and too close top where Arthur has just escaped but I suppose Micah is technically doing the same too anyway ha.

Edited by jimmyoneshot
  • Like 3

JonnyTNT7
12 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

It could potentially be like a 'bonus' for players who know the mission well or who have played it at night previously to find that extra money in the chimney by interrogating the father in bed but not strictly be canon the same way the gold medal stuff is very unlikely canon.

I think that could be it to be honest. Although the prompt flashes up pretty prominently as you walk to the stairs so it’s not much of a secret 😂

I always do the 180° turn but it feels pretty stupid to be honest because Hosea complains about not being on the road. I think next time I’ll just go the intended way and have them chase me - quite a funny scene to round out a funny mission. Hosea’s scam is something else 😂

16 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I never noticed this actually. I'll try this out now because I'm wide awake and interested 😂

It’s when you’re riding to Carmody Dell at the start.

17 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I'll try this out too.

Like I say I don’t think I did it wrong but anything’s possible I suppose 😂

18 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

My main issue with it was that it feels a little bit too close to camp to camp out and too close top where Arthur has just escaped but I suppose Micah is technically doing the same too anyway ha.

Whenever there’s a mission like that with a chase at the end, I don’t like to go straight back to camp. I feel that Arthur would camp for the night to be sure that no one is following him back. It does seem a bit close to Strawberry but I think the few surviving townsfolk have enough on their minds without chasing down the killers.

• Like 3

Dan_1983
11 hours ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Whenever there’s a mission like that with a chase at the end, I don’t like to go straight back to camp. I feel that Arthur would camp for the night to be sure that no one is following him back. It does seem a bit close to Strawberry but I think the few surviving townsfolk have enough on their minds without chasing down the killers.

Same here. Mind you, I spend more nights out in the wilderness, than I do in camp. 

• Like 4

jimmyoneshot
On 6/25/2022 at 1:06 AM, JonnyTNT7 said:

It’s when you’re riding to Carmody Dell at the start.

Just noticed it. Strange that I've never noticed it before here, must've assumed it was a generic message that gets repeated. I'm guessing because we bought a new horse in the mission that unlocks this they put it in there in Spines.

On 6/25/2022 at 1:06 AM, JonnyTNT7 said:

Like I say I don’t think I did it wrong but anything’s possible I suppose 😂

Tried this out a couple of times today. I think there is an amount of time that needs to have passed before returning to camp before Grimshaw starts doing the approach i.e. if you rush back to camp straight after hunting and selling the bear pelt Grimshaw won't do the dialogue however if you wait for a few hours before returning then she will. I think it's around 5 - 6 hours based on my rough guess.

• Like 3

KKs_Grandma

I'm working on the 'Bountiful' achievement where you have to survive 3 days with a $250 bounty in all states.  I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a bounty in Ambarino since there is no law there?

• Like 2

JonnyTNT7
1 hour ago, KKs_Grandma said:

I'm working on the 'Bountiful' achievement where you have to survive 3 days with a $250 bounty in all states.  I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a bounty in Ambarino since there is no law there?

If there’s no law in Ambarino, you’ll have to bring the law there yourself. Kidnap any lawman and only untie them once you reach Ambarino. When you cut them free, you’ll be wanted immediately and reinforcements will arrive. Try and keep at least one lawman hogtied at all times so that if you ever lose the wanted status, you can untie and re-hogtie them to get wanted again. I’ve tried it just now and it was great fun - I kidnapped Sheriff Malloy and took him for a ride to Donner Falls. Hope you get the achievement 🙂

• Like 2

KKs_Grandma
4 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

If there’s no law in Ambarino, you’ll have to bring the law there yourself. Kidnap any lawman and only untie them once you reach Ambarino. When you cut them free, you’ll be wanted immediately and reinforcements will arrive. Try and keep at least one lawman hogtied at all times so that if you ever lose the wanted status, you can untie and re-hogtie them to get wanted again. I’ve tried it just now and it was great fun - I kidnapped Sheriff Malloy and took him for a ride to Donner Falls. Hope you get the achievement 🙂

Thanks! I knew there had to be a way but I just couldn't think of it. 

Edit: I tried getting this achievement during the game I just finished but could never think of how to do it.  I did find, though, that playing the game without ever paying off a bounty is more like real life because you are constantly having to watch for lawmen and bounty hunters. I really enjoyed it so I think I will always play the game that way from now on instead of paying off bounties as soon as I get them.

Edited by KKs_Grandma
  • Like 2

KKs_Grandma

I love reading all of these different points of view so I think I will add mine. 🙂 

I think most of the tutorials are just for the players and have nothing to do with the story.  For instance, Arthur has been a bandit most of his life so I'm sure he has robbed houses before and would know to look in the chimney but the player might not. Also, since he is an adventurer, he would have camped out before so the tutorial for camping, imo, is for the player.  

I've played this game through so many times now that I feel like a seasoned bandit like Arthur so I don't even think of it having tutorials anymore. 🙂 

• Like 3

Psycho18
20 hours ago, KKs_Grandma said:

I love reading all of these different points of view so I think I will add mine. 🙂 

I think most of the tutorials are just for the players and have nothing to do with the story.  For instance, Arthur has been a bandit most of his life so I'm sure he has robbed houses before and would know to look in the chimney but the player might not. Also, since he is an adventurer, he would have camped out before so the tutorial for camping, imo, is for the player.  

I've played this game through so many times now that I feel like a seasoned bandit like Arthur so I don't even think of it having tutorials anymore. 🙂 

I agree, with everything you had said. All the tutorials are for players only. I don't pay attention to the tutorials anymore. I play the game as Arthur Morgan. The stuff Arthur is feeling, seeing, and thinking about  at the moment. 

I know the lip synching in Polite Society is not a tutorial, but it is the same concept. Only players would notice the lip synching. 

Stable tutorial in Exit Pursued of a Bruised Ego is for players only. Arthur should go to the stables to buy/sell horses or buy treats/ or accessories for the horses. 

I am not liking placing Polite Society after Exit Pursued, because how can the stable boy find the gang's camp to retrieve Arthur's horse? Don't make sense to me.  I only retrieve Arthur or John's horse, if the horse is left in the wilderness. Example, in PFO2, I steal the oil wagon at the refinery. I use the Lemoyne Stables to retrieve Arthur's horse if the horse doesn't follow. 

I always place Polite Society before Americans At Rest. Arthur did some bad stuff in his lifetime.  What I do now, is steal the horse not return the horse. Ride back to camp, get Arthur's horse. Make the stolen horse flee. Ride back to Valentine to meet the boys for American at Rest. This fits Arthur's profile in Chapter 2. 

In Polite Society, if you don't help the broken down wagon on the side of the road, the dialogue will change. The girls will ask why did Arthur or Uncle help. Uncle will say "Lumbago". Arthur will say " not in the mood for charity". This dialogue really connects to the Arthur and Thomas Downes dialogue in Valentine about charity. 

Edited by Psycho18
  • Like 1

Dan_1983

I kind of agree that you don't need to return the horse to it's owner and instead use it to ride back to camp. You don't lose honour by not returning it and honour that early isn't much of an issue. Plus what Arthur actually does/has done as an outlaw, horse theft is hardly crime of the century lol.

Back at camp, you can tell Dutch that someone recognised you from Blackwater in town.

Polite Society also does feel like the introduction mission to Valentine.

I have done an order like the following numerous times to start off Chapter 2.

Who is Not Without Sin

Polite Society Valentine Style

Americans at Rest

The First Shall be the Last

You have Swanson back at camp, the girls boredom relieved lol, two leads on a train and a bank, the options to do bounties and Sean rescued.

Edward RDRIII
Posted (edited)

For anyone wondering, Joe and Cleet appears at camp exactly after "Mrs. Sadie Adler, Widow - Part II", at least that's when they appeared for me.

Edited by Edward RDRIII
Comment corrected.

Cutter De Blanc
On 6/30/2022 at 9:52 PM, Edward RDRIII said:

For anyone wondering, Joe and Cleet appears at camp exactly after "Mrs. Sadie Adler, Widow - Part II", at least that's when they appeared for me.

I got Mrs. Sadie Adler Widow done as soon as possible and they didn't show up at camp until after I had completed The Fine Art of Conversation 

• Like 1

Edward RDRIII
14 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I got Mrs. Sadie Adler Widow done as soon as possible and they didn't show up at camp until after I had completed The Fine Art of Conversation 

I had already done this mission before and they only showed up after Sadie's mission, maybe we have to complete both to unlock them in camp.

• Like 1

Smarty99

Hey guys, not posted on here for a while but great to know this forum is still active, thanks to everyone who contributes to share their ideas about this brilliant game. I just wanted to ask if anyone has an accurate list of when and how every story mission is unlocked? It would really help me when trying to finalise or come up with a new mission order. Don’t think the Red Dead Fandom one is too reliable, as an example it says We Loved Once & True is unlocked by ‘Paying A Social Call’ and ‘Pouring Forth Oil I’ but pretty sure Mary’s letter arrives much sooner than that unless I’m remembering it wrong?

• Like 2

luckycanadian95
On 7/8/2022 at 1:18 PM, Smarty99 said:

Hey guys, not posted on here for a while but great to know this forum is still active, thanks to everyone who contributes to share their ideas about this brilliant game. I just wanted to ask if anyone has an accurate list of when and how every story mission is unlocked? It would really help me when trying to finalise or come up with a new mission order. Don’t think the Red Dead Fandom one is too reliable, as an example it says We Loved Once & True is unlocked by ‘Paying A Social Call’ and ‘Pouring Forth Oil I’ but pretty sure Mary’s letter arrives much sooner than that unless I’m remembering it wrong?

Yeah the letter is unlocked by Social Call and Money Lending 2. I bet someone here has the official guide which I believe has all the unlocks

• Like 1

jimmyoneshot
On 7/8/2022 at 8:18 PM, Smarty99 said:

Hey Smarty. I've been away for the last couple of days but when I get back from work tomorrow I'll put up some list for what unlocks what as I have a lot of it noted down. For the most part though the official guide is pretty accurate to be honest bar 1 or 2 mistakes.

Edited by jimmyoneshot

Smarty99

@jimmyoneshot @luckycanadian95 Thanks for the help, appreciate it! Could also do with knowing how reliable certain interactions are even though this has probs been discussed previously. Such as Grimshaw approaching Arthur to tell him John is waiting to talk to him which leads into the start of ‘Pouring Forth Oil I’. Basically don’t want her to tell Arthur too early and have John sat at the tree waiting for days😂 Similar issue with Hosea shouting ‘Hey Arthur’ every time you get within 10 metres of him. Doesn’t seem realistic for us to keep ignoring him but in my order Exit Pursued comes after both Polite Society and Money Lending so got to walk right past to wake up Uncle. Another topic to cover is exactly when and how companion activities unlock, I just tend to play these as soon as they show up at the moment but if possible would be great to include them in the overall order. 

jimmyoneshot

@Smarty99 Here you go bud. All mission unlocks :-

CHAPTER 1

Outlaws from the West = N/A

Enter, Pursued by a Memory = Outlaws from the West

The Aftermath of Genesis = Enter, Pursued by a Memory

Old Friends = Enter, Pursued by a Memory

Who the Hell is Leviticus Cornwall? = The Aftermath of Genesis AND Old Friends

Eastward Bound = Who the Hell is Leviticus Cornwall?

CHAPTER 2

Who is Not Without Sin = Eastward Bound

Polite Society, Valentine Style = Eastward Bound

Good, Honest, Snake Oil = Polite Society, Valentine Style

Americans at Rest = Eastward Bound

The First Shall be Last = Americans at Rest

Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego = Who is Not Without Sin OR Polite Society, Valentine Style OR Americans at Rest

The Spines of America = Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego

Money Lending and Other Sins - I = Americans at Rest

Money Lending and Other Sins - II = Money Lending and Other Sins - I

Money Lending and Other Sins - III = Money Lending and Other Sins - II

Paying a Social Call = Americans at Rest

A Quiet Time = Paying a Social Call

Blessed are the Meek? = A Quiet Time

We Loved Once and True - I = Money Lending and Other Sins - II AND Paying a Social Call

We Loved Once and True - II = We Loved Once and True - I

We Loved Once and True - III = We Loved Once and True - II

Pouring Forth Oil - I = Polite Society, Valentine Style AND The First Shall be Last AND Paying a Social Call AND We Loved Once and True - I

Pouring Forth Oil - II = Pouring Forth Oil - I 

Pouring Forth Oil - III = Pouring Forth Oil - II

Pouring Forth Oil - IV = Pouring Forth Oil - III

A Fisher of Men = A Quiet Time AND Pouring Forth Oil - III

An American Pastoral Scene = Blessed are the Meek? AND [Only one mission available on the map]

The Sheep and the Goats = A Fisher of Men AND Pouring Forth Oil - IV AND The Spines of America AND Money Lending and Other Sins - III AND We Loved Once and True - II

A Strange Kindness = The Sheep and the Goats AND Who is Not Without Sin AND Blessed are the Meek?

CHAPTER 3

The New South = A Strange Kindness

Further Questions of Female Suffrage = A Strange Kindness

Money Lending and Other Sins - IV = The New South

The Course of True Love - I = The New South

The Course of True Love - II = The Course of True Love - I

The Course of True Love - III = The Course of True Love - II

American Distillation = The New South

An Honest Mistake = The Course of True Love - II OR American Distillation

Preaching Forgiveness as He went = An Honest Mistake

Sodom? Back to Gomorrah = Preaching Forgiveness as He went

Advertising, the New American Art - I = An American Pastoral Scene AND The Course of True Love - III AND American Distillation

Advertising, the New American Art - II = Advertising, the New American Art - I

The Fine Joys of Tobacco = Advertising, the New American Art - II

Horse Flesh for Dinner = Advertising, the New American Art - II

Magicians for Sport = Advertising, the New American Art - II

Friends in Very Low Places = Magicians for Sport AND Further Questions of Female Suffrage

Blessed are the Peacemakers = Sodom? Back to Gomorrah AND The Fine Joys of Tobacco AND Magicians for Sport

A Short Walk in a Pretty Town = Horse Flesh for Dinner AND Friends in Very Low Places AND Blessed are the Peacemakers

Blood Feuds, Ancient and Modern = A Short Walk in a Pretty Town

The Battle of Shady Belle = Blood Feuds, Ancient and Modern

CHAPTER 4

The Joys of Civilization = The Battle of Shady Belle

Angelo Bronte, a Man of Honor = The Joys of Civilization

No, No and Thrice, No = The Joys of Civilization

Money Lending and Other Sins - V = The Joys of Civilization

Help a Brother Out = The Joys of Civilization

Brothers and Sisters, One and All = Help a Brother Out

Fatherhood and Other Dreams - I = Angelo Bronte, a Man of Honor

Fatherhood and Other Dreams - II = Fatherhood and Other Dreams - I

The Gilded Cage = Angelo Bronte, a Man of Honor

American Fathers - I = The Gilded Cage

American Fathers - II = American Fathers - I

A Fine Night of Debauchery = The Gilded Cage

Horsemen, Apocalypses = The Gilded Cage AND No, No and Thrice, No

Urban Pleasures = Horsemen, Apocalypses

Country Pursuits = Urban Pleasures

Revenge is a Dish Best Eaten = Country Pursuits

Banking, the Old American Art = Revenge is a Dish Best Eaten AND American Fathers - II AND A Fine Night of Debauchery

Lost and Not Quite Found = Banking, the Old American Art

CHAPTER 5

Welcome to the New World = Lost and Not Quite Found

Savagery Unleashed = Welcome to the New World

A Kind and Benevolent Despot = Welcome to the New World

Hell Hath No Fury = Savagery Unleashed AND A Kind and Benevolent Despot

Paradise Mercifully Departed = Hell Hath No Fury

Dear Uncle Tacitus = Paradise Mercifully Departed

Fleeting Joy = Dear Uncle Tacitus

A Fork in the Road = Fleeting Joy

Icarus and Friends = Fleeting Joy

That's Murfree Country = Fleeting Joy

CHAPTER 6

Visiting Hours = A Fork in the Road AND Icarus and Friends AND That's Murfree Country

Money Lending and Other Sins - VI = A Fork in the Road AND That's Murfree Country

Money Lending and Other Sins - VII = Money Lending and Other Sins - VI

The Course of True Love - IV = A Fork in the Road AND That's Murfree Country

The Course of True Love - V = The Course of True Love - IV

Do Not Seek Absolution I = A Fork in the Road AND That's Murfree Country

Do Not Seek Absolution II = Do Not Seek Absolution I

Just a Social Call = Visiting Hours

A Rage Unleashed = Just a Social Call

Archeology for Beginners = A Rage Unleashed

Honor, Amongst Thieves = Archeology for Beginners

The Fine Art of Conversation = A Rage Unleashed AND Archeology for Beginners AND Honor, Amongst Thieves

Goodbye, Dear Friend = A Rage Unleashed

Favored Sons = Goodbye, Dear Friend

The King's Son = The King's Son AND The Fine Art of Conversation

The Delights of Van Horn = Just a Social Call

The Bridge to Nowhere = The Delights of Van Horn

Mrs. Sadie Adler, Widow - I = Goodbye, Dear Friend AND [Only one mission available on the map]

Mrs. Sadie Adler, Widow - II = Mrs. Sadie Adler, Widow - I

My Last Boy = The King's Son AND The Bridge to Nowhere AND Mrs. Sadie Adler, Widow - II

Our Best Selves = My Last Boy

Red Dead Redemption = Our Best Selves

EPILOGUE - PART 1

The Wheel = Red Dead Redemption

Simple Pleasures = The Wheel

Fatherhood, for Beginners = Simple Pleasures

Farming, for Beginners = Simple Pleasures

Old Habits = Fatherhood, for Beginners AND Farming, for Beginners

Jim Milton Rides, Again? = Old Habits

Fatherhood, for Idiots = Old Habits

Motherhood = Jim Milton Rides, Again? AND Fatherhood, for Idiots

Gainful Employment = Motherhood

The Landowning Classes = Motherhood

Home of the Gentry? = The Landowning Classes

EPILOGUE - PART 2

Bare Knuckle Friendships = Gainful Employment AND Home of the Gentry?

Home Improvement for Beginners = Bare Knuckle Friendships

An Honest Day's Labors = Bare Knuckle Friendships

The Tool Box = Home Improvement for Beginners AND An Honest Day's Labors

A New Jerusalem = The Tool Box

A Quick Favor for an Old Friend = A New Jerusalem

Uncle's Bad Day = A Quick Favor for an Old Friend

The Best of Women = Uncle's Bad Day

A Really Big Bastard = The Best of Women

Trying Again = The Best of Women

A New Future Imagined = A Really Big Bastard AND Trying Again

American Venom = A New Future Imagined

Red Dead Redemption

In the first mission you can get a hidden dialogue with Dutch while riding to Adler ranch, but how do you trigger it. I’m not sure if you’ll have to be behind him or what. Do any of you guys trigger this in your canon playthroughs 

Edited by Red Dead Redemption

Red Dead Redemption

How do you trigger the argument between Dutch and Hosea in chapter 1

Red Dead Redemption

in the mission old friends is it canon to either advance or defend

Dan_1983
16 hours ago, Red Dead Redemption said:

How do you trigger the argument between Dutch and Hosea in chapter 1

You have to leave the cabin where Arthur, Hosea and Dutch stay and return again. Go and visit Davey's grave and once you return to the cabin, Dutch and Hosea will be arguing.

15 hours ago, Red Dead Redemption said:

in the mission old friends is it canon to either advance or defend

There is no canon choice here.

Best to defend as it's easier to pick the O'Driscolls off as they come from the trees.

Edited by Dan_1983
  • Like 2

Red Dead Redemption

In the mission who the hell is Leviticus Cornwall would Arthur send lenny to kill the guard or himself

Sean800
16 minutes ago, Red Dead Redemption said:

In the mission who the hell is Leviticus Cornwall would Arthur send lenny to kill the guard or himself

I send Lenny because later in the game Arthur praises him for doing a great job on the L. Cornwall train. And that would've not made much sense if Arthur did all the dirty job.

• Like 1

Red Dead Redemption

When you head to valentine for the first time you get an encounter with an o Driscoll saying you shouldn’t be wandering here. I believe it’s out of Arthur’s character to not kill them, however killing could bring unwanted attention to camp. What do you guys think is the realistic approach. Actually I could also just ignore them if that works

Edited by Red Dead Redemption

Red Dead Redemption
1 hour ago, Red Dead Redemption said:

When you head to valentine for the first time you get an encounter with an o Driscoll saying you shouldn’t be wandering here. I believe it’s out of Arthur’s character to not kill them, however killing could bring unwanted attention to camp. What do you guys think is the realistic approach. Actually I could also just ignore them if that works

Sorry guys but my game restarted just as I got this encounter and now when I load back in it’s doesn’t spawn again. Is there any way to get it back