4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 - "Chronological" Mission Order

Spydr Webz

JonnyTNT7
1 hour ago, jimmyoneshot said:

That's a strange one. I'll test that out now and see if it happens for me. So he respawned back into the shootout at the same checkpoint and said it there in the middle of the shootout in the bar?

Yeah, I was killed pretty much instantly after the shootout began and respawned crouched behind the bar like usual, just after the Raiders arrive. That’s when he said it. Like I say, I had done Preaching first in this playthrough.

• Like 2

jimmyoneshot

@JonnyTNT7 Good find man. Looks like you don't have to die to trigger it too as it happens normally anyway. Arthur also only ever says it if you've done Preaching Forgiveness beforehand though. Made a quick video showing it just now:-

• Like 3

JonnyTNT7
10 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

@JonnyTNT7 Good find man. Looks like you don't have to die to trigger it too as it happens normally anyway. Arthur also only ever says it if you've done Preaching Forgiveness beforehand though. Made a quick video showing it just now:-

Thanks for testing that. It’s funny that I’ve never noticed it before because I usually put Preaching first. That’s why I thought it only triggered if you die, since I assumed I would have heard it before otherwise.

Personally I think Preaching fits best when the only encounter with the Raiders is American Distillation. Lenny’s dialogue about the hillbilly families working with ex-confederates is my favourite of the three possibilities. Plus Arthur acting dumb as though he doesn’t know who the Raiders are completely breaks my immersion.

I’ve tried this recently and I think it’s my favourite Chapter 3 order so far:

Spoiler

The New South

<Money Lending IV>
<FFF - Micah>

-

American Distillation

<Fishing - Javier>
Honest Mistake

-

<Home Robbery - Sean>
Course of True Love I-II

(Steal boat and row back to camp)

Preaching Forgiveness as he Went (start before 2pm)

-

<Fishing - Kieran>
Course of True Love III

Advertising, the New American Art I-II

-

Fine Joys of Tobacco

Horse Flesh for Dinner

-

Magicians for Sport

-

<Money Lending - Gwyn Hughes>

Further Questions of Female Suffrage

-

Friends in Very Low Places

<Money Lending - Winton Holmes>
-

Sodom? Back to Gomorrah

-

Blessed are the Peacemakers?
-

Short Walk etc etc

Need to confirm Coach Robberies and a couple of missions timings from Advertising onwards but apart from that I’m happy with it. And some reasoning:

Spoiler
  • New South comes first. It finishes at about 5.30. When you get back to camp, Uncle always approaches, then Strauss shouts you over. By this point, Sadie and Pearson are no longer arguing. Don’t approach them! At 8pm, Micah’s FFF becomes available. Afterwards, go to bed.
  • It seems obvious to do Further Questions here but I don’t like it so early. American Distillation is a much better introduction to the Raiders, since Arthur acts clueless to their existence during the mission no matter what. Plus it overrides the Distillation dialogue during Preaching. I honestly think it originally unlocked later and was brought forward to act as an introduction to Rhodes. The title references Course of True Love III and it unlocks Friends in Very Low Places, which seems pretty random for a supposedly early mission. So I think it’s a similar situation to Exit. Admittedly I don’t have much evidence for this beyond what I’ve stated above, but it’s easy enough to avoid starting. The argument doesn’t seem to repeat if you ignore it fully, so once you get past the first night it’s much easier to ignore.
  • Distillation sets time to 8am so it should be done early. This day is a fairly standard order so I won’t discuss it further.
  • Sean’s robbery is always available in the morning. Then do COTL and row back to camp (you can ride if you prefer but I think rowing is intended since the boathouse and boat are right in the player’s view after speaking to Penelope). Now start Preaching. I like Lenny’s dialogue about the hillbilly families, and Arthur doesn’t have to play dumb about the Raiders. The only thing I don’t like about this order is that Preaching must be done before 2pm or time goes wild.  It’s easy enough to do the robbery and COTL and still have plenty time (I was back at camp at 12:40) but I prefer not to rush. Can’t be helped.
  • Gets dark quite quickly at this point, so you can sleep pretty soon. Kieran is always available the next day. Another standard day I won’t discuss.
  • The rest is fairly self-explanatory. I chose to put FQoFS after Magicians because it unlocks FIVLP, so it seems like they’re connected. It could be earlier I guess, but I’d like it after both Preaching and COTL III.

I get that leaving FQoFS so late isn’t for everyone, but I don’t have an issue with it. What do you think? 

• Like 3

jimmyoneshot
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Thanks for testing that. It’s funny that I’ve never noticed it before because I usually put Preaching first. That’s why I thought it only triggered if you die, since I assumed I would have heard it before otherwise.

No problem. I like having records of little dialogue changes like that anyway. Same here ha.

Personally I think Preaching fits best when the only encounter with the Raiders is American Distillation. Lenny’s dialogue about the hillbilly families working with ex-confederates is my favourite of the three possibilities. Plus Arthur acting dumb as though he doesn’t know who the Raiders are completely breaks my immersion.

Ye to be honest Arthur's references to the raiders are all over the place in this chapter. One minute he's told who they are and the next minute he acts like he hasn't heard of them. It feels like a lot of dialogue was programmed as if Arthur hasn't met them yet and they didn't bother to do alternatives for if he HAD met them. I also wonder if it's meant to be like an in joke in the game where he classes them as too stupid to even remember their name.

I’ve tried this recently and I think it’s my favourite Chapter 3 order so far:

Looks pretty good actually. I usually like to do Preaching Forgiveness after returning from Horse Flesh For Dinner with Arthur saying "just hunting for all this Hillbilly gold" to Lenny which he is doing during Horse Flesh but he technically is also doing that during The Course Of True Love missions too so as long as it follows after any of them it fits. Plus as you say Arthur not knowing who the raiders are during the conversation with Lenny works well early on. I'm also trying to keep an open mind about certain orders rather than sticking to my set one/s all the time too ha.

I actually like the idea of avoiding Female Suffrage too which I'll explain in more detail below because I'm certain the fishing should be considered canon at which point it will b 5:30pm - 6pm which seems late to start it.

Need to confirm Coach Robberies and a couple of missions timings from Advertising onwards but apart from that I’m happy with it. And some reasoning:

Ye some great points about FQOFS. Not sure if you recall but I used to leave that mission until much later on too myself. Couple of reasons:-

• As you mentioned the fact that the dialogue about Sadie during Preaching overrides the others suggested to me her mission should be last of the 2
  • The mission name almost certainly seems to be in reference to COTL 3 I agree
  • Arthur taking 2 visits into town on the same day looks strange and it has much more the feel of a new day mission
  • Based on the above point it really seems like the mission has been moved forward as you say. It feels like an "inbetween" mission that you can slot in between others. I think the same about Polite Society and Exit Pursued in Chapter 2

Just a note on Female Suffrage and Friends In Very Low Places - I think the reason it unlocks it is simply because it introduces us to the post office which we use during Friends In Very Low Places however yes they are still technically connected.

Another thing is that Micah's Five Finger Fillet is actually the FIRST of all of the companion activities that unlock in Chapter 3. It is actually available with out doing any missions at all which may suggest it should be done early too such as at the end of day 1 like in your order. They are basically unlocked like this by the following missions:-

• Micah - Five Finger Fillet = A Strange Kindness (end of Chapter 2) 
  • Fishing - Javier = The New South
  • Home Robbery - Sean = The New South
  • Fishing - Kieran = Home Robbery - Sean
  • Dominoes - Tilly = Further Questions Of Female Suffrage
  • Coach Robbery - Sean = Home Robbery - Sean AND Friends In Very Low Places
  • Coach Robbery - Bill = Home Robbery - Sean AND Friends In Very Low Places
Edited by jimmyoneshot
  • Like 3

Psycho18
On 6/2/2022 at 3:43 PM, JonnyTNT7 said:

I was playing Advertising II tonight and I got a line of dialogue I’ve never heard before. In the bar shootout, I died right at the start. When I respawned, Arthur muttered under his breath “They must be the b*stards from Shady Belle”.  Has anyone else had that line before? I had played Preaching before Advertising, so if this line can occur the other way round as well, that would be a clue that Preaching comes first. What do you think? 

That dialogue seems familiar to me, I heard that before. I think Preaching needs to be before Advertising. I died once on the wagon escaping and Hosea died on the 2nd floor balcony. I am not sure if we need to die to get this dialogue. I could be wrong. 

My recent playthroughs I place Preaching after Advertising, and never got this dialogue during Advertising. 

• Like 2

JonnyTNT7
39 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I usually like to do Preaching Forgiveness after returning from Horse Flesh For Dinner with Arthur saying "just hunting for all this Hillbilly gold" to Lenny which he is doing during Horse Flesh but he technically is also doing that during The Course Of True Love missions too so as long as it follows after any of them it fits. Plus as you say Arthur not knowing who the raiders are during the conversation with Lenny works well early on.

Does Arthur search for the gold during Horse Flesh though? He thinks they’ll get a decent bit of money from stealing the horses, but that the money will come from the horse fence, not the hidden gold. Although I guess the whole reason he’s doing jobs for the Grays is to try and uncover the truth about the gold, so any Braithewaite/Gray mission could technically count.

During COTL however he makes specific reference to the gold. In parts I-II the whole reason he visits Caliga Hall is because Dutch told him to sniff around for the gold. Whereas with Horse Flesh, Dutch merely tells him John and Javier are looking into something to do with the Braithwaite’s horses, not looking for the gold itself. And in COTL III, Arthur explicitly says “I ain’t heard about daughters, I heard about gold”. Ideally I’d like Preaching after COTL III since it’s the most obvious reference to the gold but after COTL III Abigail chases you down about Advertising, which I don’t like to avoid. And I also don’t like two Raiders encounters on the same day, so I’ll have to make do with Preaching after COTL II. At least you can see Lenny as you row back to camp.

51 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I actually like the idea of avoiding Female Suffrage too which I'll explain in more detail below because I'm certain the fishing should be considered canon at which point it will b 5:30pm - 6pm which seems late to start it.

Completely agree with your Female Suffrage points though. I always felt rushed doing the fishing so that I’d be back in time. And you’re right that two trips into town seem strange. I was thinking about seeing if the wagon used in Suffrage disappears in any other missions like Hosea’s shire. I’ll take a look in the next few days.

• Like 2

SoulSurj
3 hours ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Does Arthur search for the gold during Horse Flesh though? He thinks they’ll get a decent bit of money from stealing the horses, but that the money will come from the horse fence, not the hidden gold. Although I guess the whole reason he’s doing jobs for the Grays is to try and uncover the truth about the gold, so any Braithewaite/Gray mission could technically count.

During COTL however he makes specific reference to the gold. In parts I-II the whole reason he visits Caliga Hall is because Dutch told him to sniff around for the gold. Whereas with Horse Flesh, Dutch merely tells him John and Javier are looking into something to do with the Braithwaite’s horses, not looking for the gold itself. And in COTL III, Arthur explicitly says “I ain’t heard about daughters, I heard about gold”. Ideally I’d like Preaching after COTL III since it’s the most obvious reference to the gold but after COTL III Abigail chases you down about Advertising, which I don’t like to avoid. And I also don’t like two Raiders encounters on the same day, so I’ll have to make do with Preaching after COTL II. At least you can see Lenny as you row back to camp.

This is a good point but it seems like the battlefield that Lenny and Arthur go to is first shown to Arthur during COTL III so that mission would also have to be done before talking to Lenny. The game has dialogue accounting for the player having gone to the battlefield or not but the journal entry and Beau's comment about the battlefield makes it seem like Arthur goes there prior to talking to Lenny. A prompt for the journal entry will also show up during Preaching if you haven't gone to the battlefield prior and it's clearly not supposed to be there for you to select during that mission. Doing Preaching before Advertising and after COTL III might be possible though. Preaching takes place in the evening and ends at camp so it's possible Abigail tells Arthur about Hosea and then Arthur leaves and returns to camp prior to Advertising so that he and Hosea can be at the saloon by night time. Plus, the shootout would give players a reason to try out the rifle they get from Preaching. I find it weird how Arthur mentions COTL during his conversation with Dutch and Micah but COTL III doesn't seem to fit after Advertising since it wouldn't really make sense for Arthur to talk to Beau while John and Javier are at the manor.

3 hours ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Completely agree with your Female Suffrage points though. I always felt rushed doing the fishing so that I’d be back in time. And you’re right that two trips into town seem strange. I was thinking about seeing if the wagon used in Suffrage disappears in any other missions like Hosea’s shire. I’ll take a look in the next few days.

I've tried saving Female Suffrage for later but it didn't really work 'cause the argument that triggers from it feels out of place if you leave it for so long after TNS.

• Like 3

jimmyoneshot
54 minutes ago, SoulSurj said:

the journal entry and Beau's comment about the battlefield makes it seem like Arthur goes there prior to talking to Lenny

Which journal entry is that Soul? The one after COTL III or Preaching Forgiveness? I'm gonna take a look at it.

• Like 2

SoulSurj
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Which journal entry is that Soul? The one after COTL III or Preaching Forgiveness? I'm gonna take a look at it.

It's the one about the old church at the battlefield. I think it can be accessed at any time in the hub world. Here's the entry...

"Saw an old church, found it interesting. Not sure why."

During Preaching, Lenny tells Arthur the church is used as an outpost for the Lemoyne Raiders so this journal entry wouldn't really fit unless Arthur had already been to the battlefield and added the entry into his journal.

Edited by SoulSurj
  • Like 2

Psycho18
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, SoulSurj said:

It's the one about the old church at the battlefield. I think it can be accessed at any time in the hub world. Here's the entry...

"Saw an old church, found it interesting. Not sure why."

During Preaching, Lenny tells Arthur the church is used as an outpost for the Lemoyne Raiders so this journal entry wouldn't really fit unless Arthur had already been to the battlefield and added the entry into his journal.

The old church, Lenny took Arthur during Preaching is actually a landmark you collect all over RDR2 world. According to the strategy guide it is the first. I usually start collecting landmarks after Preaching. Dino bones are very close by to landmarks.

Go back there after Preaching. Shoot the Raiders, Arthur draws the old church in his journal, and few collectibles there too. 

The battlefield is also a landmark collectible, Arthur draws into his journal. 

Edited by Psycho18
  • Like 2

jimmyoneshot
Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2022 at 11:29 PM, JonnyTNT7 said:

I was thinking about seeing if the wagon used in Suffrage disappears in any other missions like Hosea’s shire. I’ll take a look in the next few days.

I've tested this out just now in all missions that start and/or end in camp :-

• The New South
    - First leaving camp = PRESENT
    - Arriving back at camp on the boat = PRESENT
  • American Distillation
    - Riding back into camp with Dutch = MISSING
  • Advertising The New American Art
    - Arriving back at camp during cutscene = MISSING (Female Suffrage disappears after the cutscene requiring you to move a bit away from camp to make it reappear at which point the wagon respawns)
  • Preaching Forgiveness As He Went
    - Arriving back at camp on the wagon = MISSING (until after the ending cutscene and then it respawns)
  • Sodom Back To Gomorrah
    - Arriving back at camp during cutscene = MISSING (Female Suffrage disappears after the cutscene requiring you to move a bit away from camp to make it reappear at which point the wagon respawns)
  • Fine Joys Of Tobacco
    - Arriving back at camp with Sean = PRESENT
  • Horse Flesh For Dinner
    - Ending cutscene which takes place in camp = PRESENT
  • Magicians For Sport
  • Blessed Are The Meek
    - Arriving back at camp during cutscene = MISSING
Edited by jimmyoneshot
  • Like 2

jimmyoneshot
9 hours ago, SoulSurj said:

Ah ye I see what you mean now, thanks. For myself, I wouldn't consider it a deal-breaker as it's one of what the game calls "Points Of Interest" which are classed as collectibles by the game that Arthur can write in his journal about which are separate from mission entries. Rockstar likely just worded that entry lazily so that it kind of loosely makes sense in any way the church is found rather than writing multiple dynamic ones such as "This is a church me and Lenny found the other day" if he found it after Preaching, or "Found this Church while searching for Shady Belle with Lenny" if he found it during Preaching for example. "Saw an old church, found it interesting. Not sure why." was likely thought to fit all cases in Rockstar's mind ha even if the player goes off exploring right from the start.

For me it more comes down to whether Beau or Lenny's dialogues seem more fitting as a first time visiting the area but, to be honest I'm 50/50 on that because they both are kind of directing Arthur to the spot.

• Like 3

SoulSurj
11 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Ah ye I see what you mean now, thanks. For myself, I wouldn't consider it a deal-breaker as it's one of what the game calls "Points Of Interest" which are classed as collectibles by the game that Arthur can write in his journal about which are separate from mission entries. Rockstar likely just worded that entry lazily so that it kind of loosely makes sense in any way the church is found rather than writing multiple dynamic ones such as "This is a church me and Lenny found the other day" if he found it after Preaching, or "Found this Church while searching for Shady Belle with Lenny" if he found it during Preaching for example. "Saw an old church, found it interesting. Not sure why." was likely thought to fit all cases in Rockstar's mind ha even if the player goes off exploring right from the start.

I see what you mean. My point was more about highlighting the location the church is in rather than the entry itself. The entry was just a bonus.

11 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

For me it more comes down to whether Beau or Lenny's dialogues seem more fitting as a first time visiting the area but, to be honest I'm 50/50 on that because they both are kind of directing Arthur to the spot.

That's true but during Preaching Arthur can make a reference about having been to the battlefield. COTL III just has him follow Beau and ask about the gold, which I think should be done before Preaching anyway.

• Like 2

JonnyTNT7
51 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I've tested this out just now in all missions that start and/or end in camp :-

Honestly what a guy 😂 do you ever get sick of all this testing? That’s good to know, but I think we also need to know what happens if FQOFS has been completed first. Or does the wagon just disappear after FQOFS?

• Like 2

jimmyoneshot
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Honestly what a guy 😂 do you ever get sick of all this testing? That’s good to know, but I think we also need to know what happens if FQOFS has been completed first. Or does the wagon just disappear after FQOFS?

Ha I had a couple of savegames in the chapter anyway and haven't been playing too much recently so it was no problem. I never looked at that actually but I'm almost certain that it wouldn't be there once it's completed.

It looks to me based on the fact it is always there when we first leave camp that it's basically a part of the camp layout as long as the mission is active which is basically from the start to almost the end of the chapter and it going missing when we return to camp sometimes I don't think proves much because there are other times when stuff in camp temporarily despawns when we return during a mission such as Mary's letter in Chapter 2 for example.

Regarding its placement, though I used to consider Arthur saying to Sadie at the start of it "You wanna run out there and hunt with the men? We aren't just hunting. We're hunted. And those things hunting us they got guns of their own" a possible reference to the Bounty Hunters in Magicians For Sport and as you said with it unlocking Friends In Very Low Places there may be a connection there.

Edited by jimmyoneshot
  • Like 2

JonnyTNT7
1 hour ago, jimmyoneshot said:

It looks to me based on the fact it is always there when we first leave camp that it's basically a part of the camp layout as long as the mission is active which is basically from the start to almost the end of the chapter and it going missing when we return to camp sometimes I don't think proves much because there are other times when stuff in camp temporarily despawns when we return during a mission such as Mary's letter in Chapter 2 for example.

Yeah I agree. The fact it starts appearing in camp at the ends of missions after Advertising may suggest that it originally unlocked after Advertising (ie before that, the game doesn’t spawn it because it doesn’t expect FQOFS to be active) but the odd mission contradicts that (Blessed, Sodom, New South). I’d put it between Advertising and Sodom (maybe it originally unlocked Sodom hence the wagon not spawning in the latter since the game thinks FQ must already be done?) so after Magicians would work nicely and fit the hunted dialogue as you say.

Sorry to ask another check but does it appear in camp at the end of Advertising? Or is it not visible?

• Like 1

Psycho18

If FQOFS done later in Chapter 3, are there any changes?

Pearson doesn't leave the table. Gang members will be eating out of same stew pot for 3/4 days. I cannot even give Pearson any fish from New South or meats from hunting. 

Every time I ignore  FQOFS, I try to get stew from the pot, gang members would push Arthur backwards towards FQOFS. Arthur would drop the dish on the ground. After New South, I would stay away from stew pot. I would cook dinner at the scout fire and go to bed. 

I always place FQOFS on day 2 morning of chapter 3. Arthur is a very angry person and he get agitated very quickly. Listen to people argue. In the morning, Arthur has coffee and stops Pearson and Sadie from killing each other. 

• Like 1

JonnyTNT7
51 minutes ago, Psycho18 said:

If FQOFS done later in Chapter 3, are there any changes?

Something I noticed is that during missions (eg after starting a mission in camp), Sadie and Pearson stop their arguing and resume normal animations. So you can reasonably assume that Pearson is making the stew for the camp while Arthur is out doing missions. I always play the first half of the chapter quite quickly, because the story has a decent momentum. After Advertising and after doing the two jobs (Fine Joys and Horse Flesh), I feel I can relax more. It’s only at this point that I would hunt and explore. So I don’t mind leaving FQOFS until after Advertising. Also, Hosea gives Pearson some fish, so I don’t worry about that.

I don’t particularly like not having Pearson available, but some evidence does point towards FQ originally being unlocked later. And the dialogue with Lenny in Preaching completely breaks my immersion.

• Like 3

NottHood2001
Posted (edited)

I’m very frustrated. I want to meet John Marston at Bacchus station to complete a bridge to nowhere. But I get killed by legendary animals again and again. Bacchus takes freight. I have tried killing them countlessly but I keep getting killed. And I just want to complete this mission. Is there a shortcut where I don’t get killed

Has anyone else had this problem?. I just wanna complete RDR2 lol 

Edited by NottHood2001

GokuDosGames

Hey guys sup, I haven't taken a look at this thread for a year already and now that I've built a PC and will play RDR2 again I want to ask what's the most recent "unniversally" acceptable mission list here.

Also, have you guys finally decided a proper chapter 2 order? xD

• Like 1

Psycho18
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, GokuDosGames said:

Hey guys sup, I haven't taken a look at this thread for a year already and now that I've built a PC and will play RDR2 again I want to ask what's the most recent "unniversally" acceptable mission list here.

I don't think there a is a proper chapter 2 order yet, there are still a disagreement.

My mission order is still a work of progress.

Chapter 1

Outlaws from the West

Enter Pursued by a Memory

Old Friend

The Aftermath of Genesis

Who is the Hell is Leviticus Cornwall

Eastward Bound

-------------------------------

Chapter 2

Hunting for deer

Pearson's trapper information

Who is Without Sin

Polite Society, Valentine Style

American at Rest

A Noblest of Men and Women 1

This First Shall be the Last

Party

Paying a Social Call

Good Hones, Snake Oil

A Quiet Time

Stranger- A Test of Faith

Stranger- Smoking and Other Hobbies

Stranger- All the Glitters

Exit pursued by a Bruised Ego 

We Loved Once and True 1- read letter

Money Lending other Sins 1-2- Emerald Ranch

Spines of America

Stranger- The End of the Earth

Money Lending and other Sins- Mr. Worbal

Money Ending and other Sins- Mr. Downes

Stranger- Arcadia for Amateurs 1

Stranger- Geology for Beginners

Blessed are the Meek

We Loved Once and True II

We Loved Once and True III

Stranger- Arcadia for Amateurs II

Pouring Forth Oil I

Pouring Forth Oil II

Pouring Forth Oil III

Mrs. Downes come to camp

Pouring Forth Oil IV

Javier- House Robbery-- Sean in cutscene. 

American Pastoral Scene

A Fisher of Men- Pinkerton's come to New Hanover

The Sheep and the Goats

Strange Kindness

-----------------------------

Chapter 3

New South

Further Questions of Female Sufferage

American Distillation

Money Lending and other Sins IV- Gweyn Hughes

The Course of True Love I

The Course of True Love II

Javier- Fishing

An Honest Mistake

Sean- House Robbery

Stranger- He's British of Course I-V

Stranger- The Iniquities of History I-II

Keiran- Fishing

Stranger- A Fisher of Fish

Stranger- Arcadia for Ametuers III

The Course of True Love III

Stranger-No Good Deed

Preaching Forgiveness has he Went

Advertising the New American Art I

Advertising the New American Art II

The Joy of Tobacco

Horse Flesh for Dinner

Magicians for Sport

Friends in Low Places

Sean- Coach Robbery

GunSlinger-- Emmit Granger

Strawberry area

Money Lending and other Sins- Winton Holmes

GunSlinger-- Flanco Hernandez

Sodem?Back to Gomorah

Bill- Coach Robbery

GunSlinger-- Billy Midnight

Blessing are the Peacemakers

A Short walk in a Pretty Town

Blood Feuds, Ancient and Modern

The Battle of Shady Belle

------------------------------

Chapter 4

The Joy of Civilization

Stranger- Artist Way 1

Stranger- Fundraiser

Stranger- A Bright Bouncing Boy

Anglo Bronte, A Man of Honor

Party

Fatherhood and other Dreams I-II

Bounty- Lindsey Wolford

Stranger- The Mercies of Knowledge 1

Stranger- The Artist Way 2

No, No, and Thrice  No

Stranger- The Mercies of Knowledge 2

Bounty- Mark Johnson

Stranger- The Ties that Bind Us 1-2

Stranger- The Mercies of Knowledge 3

Stranger- The Smell of Grease Paint

Stranger- The Smell of Grease Paint 2

GunSlinger-- Black Belle

Lenny- Coach Robbery

Bounty- Camille De Millmont

Pearson- Hunting

Stranger- Mercies of Knowledge 4

Stranger- Mercies of Knowledge 5

Stranger- Mercies of Knowledge 6

Stranger- Mercies of Knowledge 7

Help A Brother Out

Bounty- Robbie Kidlaw

The Gilded Cage

Brother and Sisters, One and For All 

Stranger- Duchness and other Animals 1

Stranger- Duchness and other Animals 2

Stranger- Idealism and Praganda for Beginners 1

American Fathers 1

American Fathers 2

Stranger- Oh Brother

Stranger- Idealism and Praganda for Beginners 2

Stranger- Idealism and Praganda for Beginners 3

A Fine Night of Debauchery

Stranger- Oh, Brother 2

Noblest of Men and a Woman 2

Noblest of Men and a Woman 3

Gunslinger - Slink Grant

Horse Apocalypses

Micah- Coach Robbery

Urban Pleasures

Stranger- A Fine Night For It

Stranger- Duchness and other Animals 3

Stranger-Duchness and other Animals 4

Country Pursuit

Stranger- Acardia for Amateurs 4

Stranger- Artist Way 3

Revenge is a Dish Half Eaten

Money Lending and other Sins- Algie Davidson

Stranger- Artist Way 4

Banking The Old American Art

--------------------------------------

Chapter 5

Welcome to the New World

Stranger-- Savagery Unleashed

A Kind and Benevolent Despot

No Heath, No Fury

Paradise Merficailly Departed

Dear, Uncle Tacticus Kilgore

Fleeting Joy

Fork in the Road

Icarus and Friends

That's Murfee Country

Chapter 6

Strangers- The Wisdom of the Elders 1

Stranger- Of Men and  Angel 1-2

Visiting Hours

The Course of True Love 4

Money Lending and other Sins 5

Stranger- The Veteran 

Money Lending- J John Weathers

Stranger- Widow of Willard Rest

Money Lending- Arthur Londonderry

Money Lending and other Sins 7-- kick Strauss out

Do not Seek Absolution 1

Just A Social Call

Widow at Willard's Rest 2

Do not Seek Absolution 2

Rage Unleashed

Stranger-The Wisdom of the Elders 2-5

Stranger- Veteran 2

Archeology for Beginners

Honor Among Theives

Stranger- Widow of Willard Rest 3

Goodbye Old Friend

Stranger- Bright Bouncing Boy 2

The Fine Art of Conversation

The Course of True Love 5

Stranger- American Dream- Serial killer

Stranger- The Ties That Binds Us 5

Stranger- Oh, Brother 3

Stranger- Arcadia For Amateur 5

Favored Sons

King's Son

Delight of Van Horn

Stranger-The Veteran 3

A Bridge to Nowhere

Mrs. Sadie Adler Widow 1-2

My Last Boy

Our Best Selves

Red Dead Redemption

----------------------------

Epilogue

The Wheel

Simple Pleasures

Fatherhood For Beginner

Farming for Beginners

Old Habits

Jim Milton, Rides Again

Fatherhood For Idiots

Motherhood

The Land Owning Classes

Home of the Gentry

Gainful Employment

Bounty- Joshua Brown

Bounty-Bart Cavanaugh

Bounty- Ellie Anne Swann

Bare Knuckles Friendships

Home Improvement for Beginners

Honest Days Labor

The Tool Box

Bounty- Elias Green

A New Jerusalem

A Quick Favor for a Old Friend

Stranger-- The Veteran 4

Stranger- Duchness and other Animals 5

Stranger- Duchness and other Animals 6

Bounty- Anthony Foreman

Stranger- Bright Bouncing Boy 3

Stranger- A Better World A New Friend 1

Uncle Bad Day

The Best of Women

Bounty- Herman Zizendorf

A Really Big Bastard

Trying Again

Stranger-American Inferno Burnout 1

Bounty- Otis Skinner

Stranger- The American Inferno Burnout 2

A New Future Imagined

Graves- All Camp Members and Eagle Flies

Stranger- The American Inferno Burnout 3

American Venom

Stranger-A Better World, New Friend 2

Stranger-The American Inferno Burnout 4

Stranger- The American Inferno Burnout 5

Stranger- A Fisher of Fish 2

Bounty- Joaquin Arroyo

Bounty-Esteban Cortez

Stranger-A Test of Faith 2

Edited by Psycho18
  • Like 3

Dan_1983
14 hours ago, GokuDosGames said:

Has hell froze over yet?

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

Psycho18
7 hours ago, Dan_1983 said:

Does FQOFS have a set time?

For me,  FQOFS has a set time. I am not sure for anyone else. I always place FQOFS the next morning after The New South. Arthur gets agitated really quickly, and Arthur is the only one who will stop the fighting.  Try to get stew from the pot, and the gang members would push Arthur backwards towards the FQOFS. I can ignore the stew pot for one night, but mot 1 in game week. 

The camp icons is yellow, wait any longer to start FQOFS the icons will turn red. I don't like the icons turn red. At the moment, I have many meat and fishes to donate. Plus, I like to make sure to have all satchels crafted to carry unlimited items before I go on my big hunting, fishing and collecting trips after Preaching and Low Places in chapter 3. 

jimmyoneshot
On 6/4/2022 at 7:36 PM, JonnyTNT7 said:

Sorry to ask another check but does it appear in camp at the end of Advertising? Or is it not visible?

Oh ye I forgot to write that one so I've just updated it now. No during the ending cutscene and straight after Advertising it's not there and you basically have to move away from camp a fair bit to make it respawn back in similar to after Sodom.

11 hours ago, Dan_1983 said:

Does FQOFS have a set time?

Time just continues normally in it if you start it during most daytime hours but if you start it very late like 9pm or so time fast forwards to the next morning during the opening cutscene before it starts whereas if you start it quite late like at 6pm time gets reset back to about 4:45pm and times gets capped at about 5:30 - 6pm during the mission until Arthur and Sadie are riding back at which point time continues again as normal. I think that's all just scripted to make sure the main mission takes place during daylight hours.

Dan_1983
7 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Oh ye I forgot to write that one so I've just updated it now. No during the ending cutscene and straight after Advertising it's not there and you basically have to move away from camp a fair bit to make it respawn back in similar to after Sodom.

Time just continues normally in it if you start it during most daytime hours but if you start it very late like 9pm or so time fast forwards to the next morning during the opening cutscene before it starts whereas if you start it quite late like at 6pm time gets reset back to about 4:45pm and times gets capped at about 5:30 - 6pm during the mission until Arthur and Sadie are riding back at which point time continues again as normal. I think that's all just scripted to make sure the main mission takes place during daylight hours.

Cool, I've only ever done it straight after A New South as it makes no sense to me to place it anywhere else. I don't think Arthur would ignore a huge argument in camp.

JonnyTNT7
17 minutes ago, Dan_1983 said:

I don't think Arthur would ignore a huge argument in camp.

Nor do I but I really like the Distillation dialogue in Preaching so I just pretend that they’re not actually arguing and the mission was moved forwards, like Hosea shouting to start Exit. They don’t actually start arguing again once they say all their lines the first time, so I just have to ignore it once.

Edward RDRIII

About "The Joys of Civilazation", regardless of going straight to the Bastille Saloon or going to the gallows first Doyle's Tavern barman will still ask Arthur if he already found Angelo Bronte if you visit it before "Angelo Bronte, a Man of Honor".

GokuDosGames
On 6/5/2022 at 9:29 PM, Psycho18 said:

I don't think there a is a proper chapter 2 order yet, there are still a disagreement.

My mission order is still a work of progress.

Chapter 1

Outlaws from the West

Enter Pursued by a Memory

Old Friend

The Aftermath of Genesis

Who is the Hell is Leviticus Cornwall

Eastward Bound

-------------------------------

Chapter 2

Hunting for deer

Pearson's trapper information

Who is Without Sin

Polite Society, Valentine Style

American at Rest

A Noblest of Men and Women 1

This First Shall be the Last

Party

Paying a Social Call

Good Hones, Snake Oil

A Quiet Time

Stranger- A Test of Faith

Stranger- Smoking and Other Hobbies

Stranger- All the Glitters

Exit pursued by a Bruised Ego 

We Loved Once and True 1- read letter

Money Lending other Sins 1-2- Emerald Ranch

Spines of America

Stranger- The End of the Earth

Money Lending and other Sins- Mr. Worbal

Money Ending and other Sins- Mr. Downes

Stranger- Arcadia for Amateurs 1

Stranger- Geology for Beginners

Blessed are the Meek

We Loved Once and True II

We Loved Once and True III

Stranger- Arcadia for Amateurs II

Pouring Forth Oil I

Pouring Forth Oil II

Pouring Forth Oil III

Mrs. Downes come to camp

Pouring Forth Oil IV

Javier- House Robbery-- Sean in cutscene. 

American Pastoral Scene

A Fisher of Men- Pinkerton's come to New Hanover

The Sheep and the Goats

Strange Kindness

Chapter 3

New South

Further Questions of Female Sufferage

American Distillation

Money Lending and other Sins IV- Gweyn Hughes

The Course of True Love I

The Course of True Love II

Javier- Fishing

An Honest Mistake

Sean- House Robbery

Stranger- He's British of Course I-V

Stranger- The Iniquities of History I-II

Keiran- Fishing

Stranger- A Fisher of Fish

Stranger- Arcadia for Ametuers III

The Course of True Love III

Stranger-No Good Deed

Preaching Forgiveness has he Went

Advertising the New American Art I

Advertising the New American Art II

The Joy of Tobacco

Horse Flesh for Dinner

Magicians for Sport

Friends in Low Places

Sean- Coach Robbery

GunSlinger-- Emmit Granger

Strawberry area

Money Lending and other Sins- Winton Holmes

GunSlinger-- Flanco Hernandez

Sodem?Back to Gomorah

Bill- Coach Robbery

GunSlinger-- Billy Midnight

Blessing are the Peacemakers

A Short walk in a Pretty Town

Blood Feuds, Ancient and Modern

The Battle of Shady Belle

------------------------------

Chapter 4

The Joy of Civilization

Stranger- Artist Way 1

Stranger- Fundraiser

Stranger- A Bright Bouncing Boy

Anglo Bronte, A Man of Honor

Party

Fatherhood and other Dreams I-II

Bounty- Lindsey Wolford

Stranger- The Mercies of Knowledge 1

Stranger- The Artist Way 2

No, No, and Thrice  No

Stranger- The Mercies of Knowledge 2

Bounty- Mark Johnson

Stranger- The Ties that Bind Us 1-2

Stranger- The Mercies of Knowledge 3

Stranger- The Smell of Grease Paint

Stranger- The Smell of Grease Paint 2

GunSlinger-- Black Belle

Lenny- Coach Robbery

Bounty- Camille De Millmont

Pearson- Hunting

Stranger- Mercies of Knowledge 4

Stranger- Mercies of Knowledge 5

Stranger- Mercies of Knowledge 6

Stranger- Mercies of Knowledge 7

Help A Brother Out

Bounty- Robbie Kidlaw

The Gilded Cage

Brother and Sisters, One and For All 

Stranger- Duchness and other Animals 1

Stranger- Duchness and other Animals 2

Stranger- Idealism and Praganda for Beginners 1

American Fathers 1

American Fathers 2

Stranger- Oh Brother

Stranger- Idealism and Praganda for Beginners 2

Stranger- Idealism and Praganda for Beginners 3

A Fine Night of Debauchery

Stranger- Oh, Brother 2

Noblest of Men and a Woman 2

Noblest of Men and a Woman 3

Gunslinger - Slink Grant

Horse Apocalypses

Micah- Coach Robbery

Urban Pleasures

Stranger- A Fine Night For It

Stranger- Duchness and other Animals 3

Stranger-Duchness and other Animals 4

Country Pursuit

Stranger- Acardia for Amateurs 4

Stranger- Artist Way 3

Revenge is a Dish Half Eaten

Money Lending and other Sins- Algie Davidson

Stranger- Artist Way 4

Banking The Old American Art

--------------------------------------

Chapter 5

Welcome to the New World

Stranger-- Savagery Unleashed

A Kind and Benevolent Despot

No Heath, No Fury

Paradise Merficailly Departed

Dear, Uncle Tacticus Kilgore

Fleeting Joy

Fork in the Road

Icarus and Friends

That's Murfee Country

Chapter 6

Strangers- The Wisdom of the Elders 1

Stranger- Of Men and  Angel 1-2

Visiting Hours

The Course of True Love 4

Money Lending and other Sins 5

Stranger- The Veteran 

Money Lending- J John Weathers

Stranger- Widow of Willard Rest

Money Lending- Arthur Londonderry

Money Lending and other Sins 7-- kick Strauss out

Do not Seek Absolution 1

Just A Social Call

Widow at Willard's Rest 2

Do not Seek Absolution 2

Rage Unleashed

Stranger-The Wisdom of the Elders 2-5

Stranger- Veteran 2

Archeology for Beginners

Honor Among Theives

Stranger- Widow of Willard Rest 3

Goodbye Old Friend

Stranger- Bright Bouncing Boy 2

The Fine Art of Conversation

The Course of True Love 5

Stranger- American Dream- Serial killer

Stranger- The Ties That Binds Us 5

Stranger- Oh, Brother 3

Stranger- Arcadia For Amateur 5

Favored Sons

King's Son

Delight of Van Horn

Stranger-The Veteran 3

A Bridge to Nowhere

Mrs. Sadie Adler Widow 1-2

My Last Boy

Our Best Selves

Red Dead Redemption

----------------------------

Epilogue

The Wheel

Simple Pleasures

Fatherhood For Beginner

Farming for Beginners

Old Habits

Jim Milton, Rides Again

Fatherhood For Idiots

Motherhood

The Land Owning Classes

Home of the Gentry

Gainful Employment

Bounty- Joshua Brown

Bounty-Bart Cavanaugh

Bounty- Ellie Anne Swann

Bare Knuckles Friendships

Home Improvement for Beginners

Honest Days Labor

The Tool Box

Bounty- Elias Green

A New Jerusalem

A Quick Favor for a Old Friend

Stranger-- The Veteran 4

Stranger- Duchness and other Animals 5

Stranger- Duchness and other Animals 6

Bounty- Anthony Foreman

Stranger- Bright Bouncing Boy 3

Stranger- A Better World A New Friend 1

Uncle Bad Day

The Best of Women

Bounty- Herman Zizendorf

A Really Big Bastard

Trying Again

Stranger-American Inferno Burnout 1

Bounty- Otis Skinner

Stranger- The American Inferno Burnout 2

A New Future Imagined

Graves- All Camp Members and Eagle Flies

Stranger- The American Inferno Burnout 3

American Venom

Stranger-A Better World, New Friend 2

Stranger-The American Inferno Burnout 4

Stranger- The American Inferno Burnout 5

Stranger- A Fisher of Fish 2

Bounty- Joaquin Arroyo

Bounty-Esteban Cortez

Stranger-A Test of Faith 2

Thx :D

KKs_Grandma
On 6/2/2022 at 2:25 PM, jimmyoneshot said:

Don't get me wrong I think both missions can somewhat work well as a first one hence why Rockstar allowed it but I feel that when I do my own order the points for Americans At Rest being first outweighed those for Polite. The main ones for me:-

• If Javier, Charles and Bill were in town they would almost certainly be in the saloon most of the time or having a pee next to it which is presumably what Bill is doing during Americans At Rest. When we get to Valentine in Polite if the rest of the gang were in the Saloon then there isn't really a reason why Arthur and Uncle would intentionally stay outside like they do. The other gang members being in there could blow the girl's cover just like Arthur and Uncle being in there could which is why it seems that the reason Arthur doesn't want to go in there is because of the previous Tommy fight so Uncle instead grabs a whiskey that they share and keeps Arthur company. It feels almost gamey for the gang to assume that the others wouldn't be in the saloon to me.
  • The lip-synching is a big thing for me because it shows that At Rest > Polite was the original cutscene and then they simply dubbed over it if you do the opposite order
  • Regarding the gang laying low, as I mentioned above Arthur technically was laying low during At Rest and he even clarifies this with Bill during Social Call when he says "How wise do you think it would've been beating a man to death with all those people looking on when we're supposed to be laying low?" which basically means regardless of Arthur having a fight, which wasn't his fault, they are still laying low. Shooting Anthony Foreman would definitely be much more extreme than Arthur just having a fight which seems to happen regularly in that saloon anyway
  • A big one for me is the way we are left without a horse after Polite. This is why these days I think Polite very likely goes after Exit Pursued too because the stables being unlocked by that mission is the only way that we are left with a legitimate horse in the stables. Otherwise, we have to steal one which almost always resorts in a witness which we haven't had a tutorial for until Without Sin, OR rely on the O'Driscolls spawning so we can fight them and take one of theirs OR running back to camp...all of which seem very unintentional after the first mission

Based on the other point you mentioned about Dutch possibly traveling with Trelawny into Valentine for At Rest which seems like a great point that also leaves another possibility - Without Sin on Day 1 followed by At Rest on Day 2

This would work quite well because that means we get the tutorial for dealing with a witness which is a pretty important one and it also means we aren't having 2 fights in one day like if we do At Rest and then Without Sin on day 1. This also leaves Arthur with some time after At Rest to maybe get a bath and maybe stay in the hotel before heading to get Sean on Day 3. Just a thought for an alternative.

I agree with you on these points of why Polite should not be first, especially the lip -synching and playing Polite after Exit. I  have been playing Polite later but never thought of playing it after Exit so I could get my horse from the stable. It makes more sense than the game leaving me in town without a horse because stealing one would not be laying low.

I also like the ideal of playing Without Sin on Day 1 and At Rest the next day. I decided to put my 100% completion game on hold because it is frustrating me too much and I started a new game but I will try this the next go round.

Also, do you have a completed list for Chapter 3 & 4? The only ones I have are from last year and I have a feeling there has been new discoveries since then. :)

• Like 1