4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 - "Chronological" Mission Order

Spydr Webz

Psycho18
2 hours ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Ye maybe. I still kind of think that a few of the bounties suit either/or of them. I like the idea of doing just Good Honest Snake Oil, Lindsey Wofford and Joshua Brown as Arthur and then doing the rest as John because it gives John reasons to revisit some of the old towns and meet people like Mary-Beth and Pearson while he's there for example.

Bounties order for each chapters

Chapter 2: Arthur

Snake oil

Ellie Anne Swann- after Quite Time the Sherrif or Marshall in Valentine told Arthur not to come back. 

Chapter 3: no bounties Arthur 

Rhodes bounties not available for me. 

It doesn't make sense for Arthur to help the new Sheriff in Strawberry bounties after Arthur killed the last Sheriff and many lawmen.

Chapter 4: Arthur

Rhodes all bounties before the gun shop robbery. Rhodes gun shop robbery has a glitch. Doors will be locked if Rhodes bounties are available.

Lindsey Wolford- Saint Denis

Epilogue- John

Strawberry bounties-- John didn't shoot lawmen

Saint Denis: meet Tilly first than bounty. The bounty will be one of fellows who kidnapped Tilly back in Chapter 4. 

Serial killer American dream bounty in Valentine-- the killer been killing people for many years. 

All Blackwater and New Austin bounties.  

The Rhodes bounties can be done here. To me it doesn't make, because there is a big hole in the jail cell wall. 

• Like 2

Mr. Ando
On 4/18/2022 at 3:15 AM, Dan_1983 said:

That's the whole point with Strawberry and Rhodes in that Arthur killed both towns sheriff and deputies that no law will recognise him. Trelawny points this out about Strawberry. 

From the way people talk about the Grays in Rhodes, I doubt any tears were shed over Sheriff Gray. He was a drunk and his deputy was an idiot.

Also the sheriff Arthur and Micah kill in Strawberry doesn't look like the friendliest of people.

Now that I think about it, Do we kill Archibald in the A Short Walk mission?

JonnyTNT7
2 hours ago, Mr. Ando said:

Now that I think about it, Do we kill Archibald in the A Short Walk mission?

Yeah, during the dead-eye moment at the end.

• Like 1

jimmyoneshot
On 4/19/2022 at 3:20 AM, Psycho18 said:

Bounties order for each chapters

Hello man. Some good ideas.

I was just thinking today one of the reasons I forgot to mention why I quite like doing Ellie Ann Swan as John is that if we do the Sheriff does a throwback bit of dialogue in reference to the original conversation he had with Arthur which I find pretty cool. What I mean is here at 0:45 the sheriff says "You don't hire a saint to catch a sinner":-

And later on if we visit him as John he says "I've been saying for years you don't send a saint to catch sinners" at 0:06:-

• Like 2

Psycho18
22 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Hello man. Some good ideas.

I was just thinking today one of the reasons I forgot to mention why I quite like doing Ellie Ann Swan as John is that if we do the Sheriff does a throwback bit of dialogue in reference to the original conversation he had with Arthur which I find pretty cool. What I mean is here at 0:45 the sheriff says "You don't hire a saint to catch a sinner":-

And later on if we visit him as John he says "I've been saying for years you don't send a saint to catch sinners" at 0:06:-

The Sheriff dialogue is definitely very cool as John. I will save Ellie Anne Swan bounty for John. John is hiding as a saint, but he is sinner too. John has a lot stuff to do in the very short epilogue. 

• Like 1

roo_fus

What is the verdict of you guys on American Dreams (the serial killer)? I'm trying to draft out a near-complete mission order for myself but having issue with this one. 
It's either: 

• Arthur returns to Valentine after shooting up the entire town and possibly robbing a bank. Strawberry and Rhodes you can argue that there's been a change of administration, but it's very hard for me to justify waltzing back into the sheriff's office and everybody acting normally about it when the active sheriff knew him personally. 
  • Arthur goes deep into Lemoyne for some reason very early and finds the third clue while he's still friendly with Sheriff Malloy.
  • John does this seven years later.

#3 is honestly probably the best solution, but if I really wanted to as Arthur, what do you think the best solution would be? I figure the best excuse I can come up with to go deep into Lemoyne is to scout out the area for the train job after dropping off the oil wagon, but I'm not even too sure I like this - I feel like late in the chapter when the Pinkertons are already sniffing about the sheriff is probably onto the gang and just planning to make their move. I may just bite the bullet and run south really early in the game when looking for bones or the legendary coyote. I think I could get the Master Hunter challenges quite early too so maybe going down to hunt Giaguaro is a valid excuse. 

Edited by roo_fus

SoulSurj
35 minutes ago, roo_fus said:

What is the verdict of you guys on American Dreams (the serial killer)? I'm trying to draft out a near-complete mission order for myself but having issue with this one. 
It's either: 

• Arthur returns to Valentine after shooting up the entire town and possibly robbing a bank. Strawberry and Rhodes you can argue that there's been a change of administration, but it's very hard for me to justify waltzing back into the sheriff's office and everybody acting normally about it when the active sheriff knew him personally. 
  • Arthur goes deep into Lemoyne for some reason very early and finds the third clue while he's still friendly with Sheriff Malloy.

#3 is honestly probably the best solution, but if I really wanted to as Arthur, what do you think the best solution would be? I figure the best excuse I can come up with to go deep into Lemoyne is to scout out the area for the train job after dropping off the oil wagon, but I'm not even too sure I like this - I feel like late in the chapter when the Pinkertons are already sniffing about the sheriff is probably onto the gang and just planning to make their move. I may just bite the bullet and run south really early in the game when looking for bones or the legendary coyote. I think I could get the Master Hunter challenges quite early too so maybe going down to hunt Giaguaro is a valid excuse. 

Either wait until chapter 4 because that's when other missions unlock in Valentine and Arthur isn't familiar with Rhodes until chapter 3 or try to complete it before Ellie Ann Swan's bounty spawns because the poster isn't there during American Dreams. Sheriff Malloy doesn't kick Arthur out, it's just a random deputy we never see again because Sheriff Malloy works in the late evening/night and Arthur is kicked out in the morning.

Sean800

Sheriff Malloy is a paradox.

While free roaming he's always present, standing just outside his office., mostly. 

Also present during the stranger mission you folks spoke of, during the bounty missions and in every random event (like the hangings of the prostitute and that killer husband).

Still, he's nowhere to be seen in story mode. As if he didn't exist, really.

Tommy fight? Absent.

A Quiet Night? Asbsent.

Shootout with Cornwall's men? Absent. 

Bank robbery? Same.

It's absurd if you ask me. One of the game's biggest plotholes.

BrandyNova
5 minutes ago, Sean800 said:

While free roaming he's always present, standing just outside his office., mostly. 

Also present during the stranger mission you folks spoke of, during the bounty missions and in every random event (like the hangings of the prostitute and that killer husband).

Tommy fight? Absent.

A Quiet Night? Asbsent.

Bank robbery? Same.

I've wondered about that too. 

And doesn't he kill the woman he is having an affair with?  How do we find out that she is dead?  And is there something we can do about it, like arrest him for a bounty hehe?

roo_fus
1 hour ago, Sean800 said:

Tommy fight? Absent.

A Quiet Night? Asbsent.

Bank robbery? Same.

Yeah, it's pretty weird, he's got such a strong presence in the open world and is conspicuously absent in the "real story". Maybe he was created late in development? It would have been neat if returning to Valentine were actually risky as Arthur and he would aggro on sight - I mean, this is something conceptually Rockstar had done since GTA3 when the mob would shotgun your car on sight if you went into their neighborhoods after whacking Salvatore Leone. I guess he's a bit preoccupied with that lady friend of his and tends to hide in his office when the sh*t really goes down...

Dan_1983
7 hours ago, roo_fus said:

It's either: 

I do it in Chapter 6 as part of Arthur's redemption.

Sean800
10 hours ago, BrandyNova said:

I've wondered about that too. 

And doesn't he kill the woman he is having an affair with?  How do we find out that she is dead?  And is there something we can do about it, like arrest him for a bounty hehe?

Yes he does.

And no, we can"t do nothing about it, sadly.

Psycho18
17 hours ago, roo_fus said:

It's either: 

My verdict about American Dream the serial Killer quest can be done in chapter 6 with TB Arthur or John in the Epilogue. 

Explanations

Chapters 1-6 timeline is about 5 or months total. It's 1899 still. The Serial killer might have started killing people very early. Anybody know, if there is a newspaper article about the serial killer? 

Chapter 2: Arthur finds the 1st clue in New Hanover

Chapter 3: Arthur finds the 2nd clue in Lemoyne. 

Arthur can find the 3rd clue at Wallace Station/Cumberland Falls, if you want. American dream quest doesn't appear until Chapter 4(I can be wrong).

Cons: I wouldn't do this now though, because is still too close to Arthur shooting up Valentine in chapter 2 (Goats and Sheeps quest) and the Marshall in the sheriff office after Quiet Time told Arthur not to come back in chapter 2. If the Ellie Anne Swan bounty poster is still on the wall, there might be a glitch. Another Marshall and Sheriff Malloy would be sitting on the same chair and if Arthur takes the money off the table, he will get a bounty (America Dream serial killer quest, or Random event Prostitute killed a fellow in the hotel). 

Chapter 4: Arthur can find the 3rd clue at Wallace Station/Cumberland Falls after Stranger Oh Brother mission. Arthur is close by to the dead body. Arthur needs money. Healthy Arthur would be knocked out from behind by serial killer. Arthur getting knocked out would the 1st or 3rd time. Arthur gets rapped by Sonny in the Swamp and drugged during the Pig Farm Robbery.  The Cons is the same as above, adding robbing the Valentine Bank. There are no reasons for Arthur to save Sheriff Malloy after committing crimes. 

Chapter 6: Arthur can find the 3rd clue at Wallace Station/ Cumberland Falls after helping the grey boy and the Brathwaite girl escape on the train. TB Arthur would be easier to be knocked out from behind. Helping sheriff Malloy would be good for Arthur's redemption arc. Arthur doesn't want money anymore. 

Epilogue:  7 years later in 1907. The dialogue at the sheriff office makes more sense to do it now. People been disappearing for years. John started to be a bounty hunter to make money. John continues to be a bounty hunter in RDR1. So, John can do the Elle Anne Swann bounty, see the dead body near Wallace station/ Cumberland Falls. John comes back to finds the 3rd clue. John already got the 1st and 2nd clues from Arthur's satchel. John gets knocked out from behind. Helps Sheriff Malloy. 

• Like 2

roo_fus
1 hour ago, Psycho18 said:

Chapter 6: Arthur can find the 3rd clue at Wallace Station/ Cumberland Falls after helping the grey boy and the Brathwaite girl escape on the train. TB Arthur would be easier to be knocked out from behind. Helping sheriff Malloy would be good for Arthur's redemption arc. Arthur doesn't want money anymore. 

Hm I think I like that one. I saw some discussion about doing it after "Sadie Adler Widow" but I just felt like that might be a bit of an interruption in the narrative in the final stretch of the game, but at that point he's running around and tying up loose ends anyway.

Red Dead Redemption

Has a completed order been published on this forum? If so what does it include in relation to if it only has missions, missions and strangers, or even times to go hunting and other miscellaneous tasks such as chores. Please notify me if this request does not make any particular sense.

Edited by Red Dead Redemption

LucidLocomotive
49 minutes ago, Red Dead Redemption said:

Has a completed order been published on this forum? If so what does it include in relation to if it only has missions, missions and strangers, or even times to go hunting and other miscellaneous tasks such as chores. Please notify me if this request does not make any particular sense.

I am working on a “closest to canon” chronological list for every mission, challenge, stranger, secret, Easter egg, compendium item, encounter, dialogue, unique inventory item, hat, weapon, mask, letter, etc. 

basically it will be the best and most logical order to do everything that the game offers that has been discovered so far. It’ll probably take me a few years to finish, and I’m making a video series to go along with it, but threads like these have been incredibly helpful. 

Red Dead Redemption

Thanks for the reply. Is the first mission order on this list acceptable and reasonable in relation to canon and mission order? This is obviously the mission list compiled by the creator of this thread who I believe is called Spyder Webz, forgive me if I got the name completely incorrect.

4 hours ago, LucidLocomotive said:

I am working on a “closest to canon” chronological list for every mission, challenge, stranger, secret, Easter egg, compendium item, encounter, dialogue, unique inventory item, hat, weapon, mask, letter, etc. 

basically it will be the best and most logical order to do everything that the game offers that has been discovered so far. It’ll probably take me a few years to finish, and I’m making a video series to go along with it, but threads like these have been incredibly helpful. 

LucidLocomotive, if possible please let me know how you’re travelling with your list and let me know when it is fully completed, thanks.

Edited by Red Dead Redemption
  • Like 1

Arthur john

Hey guys, been a while since I posted, but here's my updated version list including the epilogue.

CHAPTER 1: COLTER - MID MAY 1899

Day 1
•Outlaws from the west

Day 2
•Exit pursued by a memory

Day 3
•The aftermath of genesis
•Old friends

Day 4

•Who the hell is Leviticus Cornwall

Day 5
•Eastward bound

2 Weeks later

CHAPTER 2 - HORSHOE OVERLOOK - EARLY JUNE 1899

Week #1

Day 1
•Visit Father and Sons
•Eat stew in Valentine camp
•Thomas Downes
•Americans at rest
•Who is not without sin

Day 2
•Arcadia for amateurs
•The first shall be the last
•Timber company
•Sean's party

Day 3
•Polite society, Valentine style - Whistle for your horse
•Visit Father and sons 2
•Return horse

Day 4
•Paying a social call
•Good, honest, snake oil
•The noblest of men and a woman
•Killer clue 1 piece

Day 5
•Money lending and other sins 1
•Wrobel
•A quite time

Day 6
•Eat stew in valentine
•Visit father and son 3
•Arcadia for amateurs 2
•Watson's cabin 1
•Abandoned house - Dutch's pipe
•Timber company 2
•Check backroom of Strawberry store

Day 7
•Blessed are the meeks?
•Inspect registered rock
•Chick Matthews
•Lily Millet
•Five finger fillet - Lenny

Week #2

Day 1
•Visit father and son 4 - Find lumber
•Eat stew in valentine camp
•Lily Anne Swan Bounty
•Timber company 3 - Buy lumber
•Visit father and son 5 - Give lumber
•Help Javier rescue Bill
•Capture Lily Anne Swan

Day 2
•Exit pursued by a bruised ego

Day 3
•Hunting - Charles
•Read Mary's letter - Money lending and other sins 3
•Pouring forth oil 1 - Ignore oil wagon.

Day 4
•Get a haircut
•We loved once was true 2 - 3
•Check backroom of Valentine Doctor - Schofield revolver

Day 5
•The spines of america
•Killer clue 2 piece
•Timber company 4 - Kill all wolves
•An american pastoral scene
•Pouring forth oil 3
•A fisher of men
•Inspect Oil derrick
•Pouring forth oil 4

Day 6
•Pay bounty at emerald ranch station
•Arcadia for amateurs 3
•Visit father and sons 6 - Get the money
•The sheep and the goats

Day 7
•A strange kindness

CHAPTER 3 - Mid June 1899

3 Days later

Week #3

Day 3
•The new south
•Further questions of female suffrage - Pay bounty
•Five finger fillet - Micah

Day 4
•American distillation
•Dominoes - Tilly
•Fiahing - Javier
•An honest mistake

Day 5
•Home robbery - Sean
•Inspect pleasance
•Jacks story book
•He's british, of course
•He's british, of course 2
•He's british, of course 3
•He's britiah, of course 4
•He's british, of course 5

Day 6
•The iniquities of history
•Visit Rhode saloon - Beat lemoyne raiders
•Killer clue 3 piece - Pieced together map

Day 7
•A fisher of fish
•Emmet Granger
• Sadie's Harmonica
•Aberdeen pig farm
•Arcadia for amateurs 4
•Buy special lures
•The iniquities of history 2

Week #4

Day 1
•Fishing - Kieran
•Legendary bluegill
•Send legendary bluegill
•Course of true love 1 - 2
•Pearson's naval compass

Day 2
•Inspect Rhodes gunstore
•No good deed
•Course of true love 3
•Advertising, the new american art 1
•Advertising, the new american art 2

Day 3
•Preaching forgiveness as he went - Inspect abandoned church
•The fine joys of tobacco

Day 4
•Magicians for sports
•Horse flesh for dinner

Day 5
•Sodom, back to gamorah

Day 6
•Money lending and other sins 4
•Friends in very low places
•Gwyn Hughes
•Rob a homestead - Javier

Day 7
•Flaco Hernandez
•Legendary rock eye salmon
•Send Legendary rock eye salmon
•Watson's cabin 2

Early July 1899

Week #1

Day 1
•Winton Holmes
•Joshua Brown Bounty
•Capture Joshua Brown
•Legendary Small mouth Bass
•Meet Hector
•Send Legendary small mouth bass
•Pay Bounty

Day 2
•Legendary Chain pickerel 
•Arcadia for amateurs 5
•Send legendary chain pickerel
•Rob a stagecoach - Sean
•Rob a stagecoach - Bill

Day 3
•Blessed are the peacemakers

A few weeks later or 1 month later 

Early August 1899

Week #1

Day 3
•A short walk in a pretty town
•Blood ancient and feuds

Day 4
•A battle at shady belle - Chapter 4 - Early August 1899
•Get a haircut

Day 5
•The joys of civilizations
•The Artist way 1
•Fundraiser
•A bright bouncing boy
•Legendary lake sturgeon
•Send legendary lake sturgeon
•Beat up the racist guy 
•Angelo Bronte, A man of honor

Day 6
•Father and other dreams 1
•Lindsey Wofford Bounty
•Capture Lindsey Wofford
•The Artist way 2
•Help a brother out
•The mercies of knowledge
•Rustling - Uncle

Day 7
•The mercies of knowledge 2
•The mercies of knowledge 3
•Brothers and sisters, one in all
•Pay 5$ Bounty
•Mercies of knowledge 4
•Mercies of knowledge 5
•Central union railroad company 1
•Mercies of knowledge 6
•The artist way 3
•Inspect the backroom of saint Denis gunsmith
•Help the man's wife

Week #2

Day 1
•No,No and thrice,No
•The ties that bind us 1
•The ties that bind us 2
•Billy Midnight
•The mercies of knowledge 7
•Fatherhood and other dreams 2
•Hunting - Pearson

Day 2
•Legendary Longnose gar
•Ambush by Night folk
•Sens legendary longnose gar
•Stagecoah robbery - Lenny
•Rob Catfish Jackson Home
•The gilded cage

Day 3
•Pay bounty
•American fathers 1
•Black Belle 
•Legendary bullhead catfish
•The artist way 4
•Send Legendary bullhead catfish
•Pay bounty

Day 4
•The ties that bind us 3 
•The ties that bind us 4
•Oh brother 
•American Dreams

Day 5
•Oh brother 2
•Collect mayors letter
•American fathers 2

Day 6
•Fine night of debauchery

Day 7
•The noblest men and a woman 2
•Oh brother 3
•Take a train in Wallace station
•Idealism and pragmatism for beginners 1

Week #3

Day 1
•The noblest of men and a woman 3
•The noblest of men and a woman 4
•Inspect trail tree
•Centrail union railroad company 2

Day 2

•Legendary Muskie
•Send legendary Muskie
•The smell of grease paint 1
•The smell of grease paint 2

Day 3
•Money lending and other sins 5
•Algie Davison
•Collect mayors mail 2
•Mark Johnson Bounty
•Capture Mark Johnson 
•Idealism and pragmatism for beginners 2

Day 4
•Horsemen, Apocalypses
•Urban pleasures
•Visit Hagen orchards place and fight the owner
•Night folk encounter - Lady ambush
•A fine night for it

Day 5
•Sleep until noon
•Micah - stagecoach robbery
•Collect mail from Theodore levin in rhodes
•Pay Bounty on rhodes
•Idealism and pragmatism for beginners 3

Day 6
•Sleep until noon
•Country pursuits

Day 7
•Sleep until noon
•Revenge is the best dish eaten

Week # 4

Day 1
•Banking the old American art

CHAPTER 5 - Late August 1899

Day 4
•Welcome to the new world

Day 5
•Savagery unleashed 

Day 6
•A kind and benevolent despot
•Hell hath no fury
•Paradise mercifully departed

Early September 1899

Week #1

Day 1
•Dear uncle Tacitus
•Fleeting joy

Day 2
•Get a haircut
•A fork in the road
•Icarus and friends

Day 3
•Thats murfree country

CHAPTER 6 - Early September1899

Day 4
•Do not seek absolution 1
•Visiting hours
•Money lending and other sins 6
•Wisdom of elders
•A bright bouncing boy 2

Day 5
•J john weathers
•The veteran 1
•Th widow 1
•Do not seek absolution 2
•Arthur Londonderry
•Mrs Londonderry
•Money lending and other sins 7
•Just a social call
•Sleep until night
•Wisdom of elders 2

Day 6
•Wisdom of elders 3
•The delights of van horn
•Wisdom of elders 4
•Wisdom of elders 5
•A rage unleashed

Day 7
•The bridge to nowhere
•Archeology for beginners

Week #2

Day 1
•The veteran 2
•The widow 2
•A bright bouncing boy 3
•Honor amongst thieves

Day 2
•Legendary steelhead trout
•Send legendary steelhead trout
•Legendary perch
•Send legendary perch
•Of men and angels
•Goodbye, dear friend
•Read Penelope's letter
•A fine art of conversation
•The course of true love 5

Day 3
•Favored sons

Day 4
•The kings son

Day 5
•The veteran 3

Day 6
•Sleep until noon
•Mrs Sadie Adler, the widow 1

Day 7
•Mrs Sadie Adler, the widow 2
•The ties that bind us 5
•The widow 3

Week #3

Day 1
•My last son

Day 2
•Our best selves
•Red dead redemption

8 years later

EPILOGUE PART 1 - Early June 1907

Week #1

Day 1
•The wheel

Day 2
•Simple pleasure

Day 3
•Fatherhood for beginners

Day 4
•Farming for beginners
•Old habits

Day 5
•Jim Milton rides again

Day 7
•Fatherhood for idiots

Week #2

Day 1
•Motherhood

2 months later - August 1907

Week #1

Day 1
•The landlowing classes
•Home of the gentry

EPILOGUE PART 2 - Early August 1907

Day 2
•Mary beth
•Gainful Employment
•American inferno, burn out 1
•Legendary rock bass
•Legendary redfin pickerel

Day 3
•Legendary largemouth bass
•Tame Tiger striped bay mustang
•Save the sheriff of Armadillo
•Send all 3 remaining legendary fish

Day 4
•American inferno, burn out 2
•Bare knuckle friendship

Day 5
•Home improvements for beginners
•The veteran 4
•The widow 4
•Rains fall

Day 6
•Anthony foreman bounty
•Capture Anthony foreman
•Pearson
•American inferno, Burn out 3

Day 7
•An honest day labor

Week #2

Day 1
•The tools
•The new Jerusalem

Day 6
•American inferno burn out 4
•Elias green bounty
•Capture Elias green

Day 7
•Otis skinner bounty
•Capture Otis skinner

Week #3

Day 1
•Collect Jeremy gills invitation
•Visit Anthony foreman 
•Tilly
•A fisher of fish 2

Day 2 
•American inferno burn out 5
•A quick favor for an old friend

Day 5
•Uncles bad day

Day 6
•The best of woman
•A really big bastard
•Trying again

Day 7
•A new futured Imagined

Week #4

Day 1
•American inferno burn out 6
•American Venom

LucidLocomotive
8 minutes ago, Arthur john said:

Hey guys, been a while since I posted, but here's my updated version list including the epilogue.

CHAPTER 1: COLTER - MID MAY 1899

Day 1
•Outlaws from the west

Day 2
•Exit pursued by a memory

Day 3
•The aftermath of genesis
•Old friends

Day 4

•Who the hell is Leviticus Cornwall

Day 5
•Eastward bound

2 Weeks later

CHAPTER 2 - HORSHOE OVERLOOK - EARLY JUNE 1899

Week #1

Day 1
•Visit Father and Sons
•Thomas Downes
•Americans at rest
•Who is not without sin

Day 2
•Arcadia for amateurs
•Timber company
•Sean's party

Day 3
•Polite society, Valentine style - Whistle for your horse
•Visit Father and sons 2
•Return horse

Day 4
•Paying a social call
•Good, honest, snake oil
•The noblest of men and a woman
•Killer clue 1 piece

Day 5
•Money lending and other sins 1
•Wrobel
•A quite time

Day 6
•Eat stew in valentine
•Visit father and son 3
•Arcadia for amateurs 2
•Watson's cabin 1
•Abandoned house - Dutch's pipe
•Timber company 2
•Check backroom of Strawberry store

Day 7
•Blessed are the meeks?
•Inspect registered rock
•Chick Matthews
•Lily Millet
•Five finger fillet - Lenny

Week #2

Day 1
•Visit father and son 4 - Find lumber
•Lily Anne Swan Bounty
•Timber company 3 - Buy lumber
•Visit father and son 5 - Give lumber
•Help Javier rescue Bill
•Capture Lily Anne Swan

Day 2
•Exit pursued by a bruised ego

Day 3
•Hunting - Charles
•Read Mary's letter - Money lending and other sins 3
•Pouring forth oil 1 - Ignore oil wagon.

Day 4
•Get a haircut
•We loved once was true 2 - 3
•Check backroom of Valentine Doctor - Schofield revolver

Day 5
•The spines of america
•Killer clue 2 piece
•Timber company 4 - Kill all wolves
•An american pastoral scene
•Pouring forth oil 3
•A fisher of men
•Inspect Oil derrick
•Pouring forth oil 4

Day 6
•Pay bounty at emerald ranch station
•Arcadia for amateurs 3
•Visit father and sons 6 - Get the money
•The sheep and the goats

Day 7
•A strange kindness

CHAPTER 3 - Mid June 1899

3 Days later

Week #3

Day 3
•The new south
•Further questions of female suffrage - Pay bounty
•Five finger fillet - Micah

Day 4
•American distillation
•Dominoes - Tilly
•Fiahing - Javier
•An honest mistake

Day 5
•Home robbery - Sean
•Inspect pleasance
•Jacks story book
•He's british, of course
•He's british, of course 2
•He's british, of course 3
•He's britiah, of course 4
•He's british, of course 5

Day 6
•The iniquities of history
•Visit Rhode saloon - Beat lemoyne raiders
•Killer clue 3 piece - Pieced together map

Day 7
•A fisher of fish
•Emmet Granger
• Sadie's Harmonica
•Aberdeen pig farm
•Arcadia for amateurs 4
•Buy special lures
•The iniquities of history 2

Week #4

Day 1
•Fishing - Kieran
•Legendary bluegill
•Send legendary bluegill
•Course of true love 1 - 2
•Pearson's naval compass

Day 2
•Inspect Rhodes gunstore
•No good deed
•Course of true love 3
•Advertising, the new american art 1
•Advertising, the new american art 2

Day 3
•Preaching forgiveness as he went - Inspect abandoned church
•The fine joys of tobacco

Day 4
•Magicians for sports
•Horse flesh for dinner

Day 5
•Sodom, back to gamorah

Day 6
•Money lending and other sins 4
•Friends in very low places
•Gwyn Hughes
•Rob a homestead - Javier

Day 7
•Flaco Hernandez
•Legendary rock eye salmon
•Send Legendary rock eye salmon
•Watson's cabin 2

Early July 1899

Week #1

Day 1
•Winton Holmes
•Joshua Brown Bounty
•Capture Joshua Brown
•Legendary Small mouth Bass
•Meet Hector
•Send Legendary small mouth bass
•Pay Bounty

Day 2
•Legendary Chain pickerel 
•Arcadia for amateurs 5
•Send legendary chain pickerel
•Rob a stagecoach - Sean
•Rob a stagecoach - Bill

Day 3
•Blessed are the peacemakers

A few weeks later or 1 month later 

Early August 1899

Week #1

Day 3
•A short walk in a pretty town
•Blood ancient and feuds

Day 4
•A battle at shady belle - Chapter 4 - Early August 1899
•Get a haircut

Day 5
•The joys of civilizations
•The Artist way 1
•Fundraiser
•A bright bouncing boy
•Legendary lake sturgeon
•Send legendary lake sturgeon
•Beat up the racist guy 
•Angelo Bronte, A man of honor

Day 6
•Father and other dreams 1
•Lindsey Wofford Bounty
•Capture Lindsey Wofford
•The Artist way 2
•Help a brother out
•The mercies of knowledge
•Rustling - Uncle

Day 7
•The mercies of knowledge 2
•The mercies of knowledge 3
•Brothers and sisters, one in all
•Pay 5$ Bounty
•Mercies of knowledge 4
•Mercies of knowledge 5
•Central union railroad company 1
•Mercies of knowledge 6
•The artist way 3
•Inspect the backroom of saint Denis gunsmith
•Help the man's wife

Week #2

Day 1
•No,No and thrice,No
•The ties that bind us 1
•The ties that bind us 2
•Billy Midnight
•The mercies of knowledge 7
•Fatherhood and other dreams 2
•Hunting - Pearson

Day 2
•Legendary Longnose gar
•Ambush by Night folk
•Sens legendary longnose gar
•Stagecoah robbery - Lenny
•Rob Catfish Jackson Home
•The gilded cage

Day 3
•Pay bounty
•American fathers 1
•Black Belle 
•Legendary bullhead catfish
•The artist way 4
•Send Legendary bullhead catfish
•Pay bounty

Day 4
•The ties that bind us 3 
•The ties that bind us 4
•Oh brother 
•American Dreams

Day 5
•Oh brother 2
•Collect mayors letter
•American fathers 2

Day 6
•Fine night of debauchery

Day 7
•The noblest men and a woman 2
•Oh brother 3
•Take a train in Wallace station
•Idealism and pragmatism for beginners 1

Week #3

Day 1
•The noblest of men and a woman 3
•The noblest of men and a woman 4
•Inspect trail tree
•Centrail union railroad company 2

Day 2

•Legendary Muskie
•Send legendary Muskie
•The smell of grease paint 1
•The smell of grease paint 2

Day 3
•Money lending and other sins 5
•Algie Davison
•Collect mayors mail 2
•Mark Johnson Bounty
•Capture Mark Johnson 
•Idealism and pragmatism for beginners 2

Day 4
•Horsemen, Apocalypses
•Urban pleasures
•Visit Hagen orchards place and fight the owner
•Night folk encounter - Lady ambush
•A fine night for it

Day 5
•Sleep until noon
•Micah - stagecoach robbery
•Collect mail from Theodore levin in rhodes
•Pay Bounty on rhodes
•Idealism and pragmatism for beginners 3

Day 6
•Sleep until noon
•Country pursuits

Day 7
•Sleep until noon
•Revenge is the best dish eaten

Week # 4

Day 1
•Banking the old American art

CHAPTER 5 - Late August 1899

Day 4
•Welcome to the new world

Day 5
•Savagery unleashed 

Day 6
•A kind and benevolent despot
•Hell hath no fury
•Paradise mercifully departed

Early September 1899

Week #1

Day 1
•Dear uncle Tacitus
•Fleeting joy

Day 2
•Get a haircut
•A fork in the road
•Icarus and friends

Day 3
•Thats murfree country

CHAPTER 6 - Early September1899

Day 4
•Do not seek absolution 1
•Visiting hours
•Money lending and other sins 6
•Wisdom of elders
•A bright bouncing boy 2

Day 5
•J john weathers
•The veteran 1
•Th widow 1
•Do not seek absolution 2
•Arthur Londonderry
•Mrs Londonderry
•Money lending and other sins 7
•Just a social call
•Sleep until night
•Wisdom of elders 2

Day 6
•Wisdom of elders 3
•The delights of van horn
•Wisdom of elders 4
•Wisdom of elders 5
•A rage unleashed

Day 7
•The bridge to nowhere
•Archeology for beginners

Week #2

Day 1
•The veteran 2
•The widow 2
•A bright bouncing boy 3
•Honor amongst thieves

Day 2
•Legendary steelhead trout
•Send legendary steelhead trout
•Legendary perch
•Send legendary perch
•Of men and angels
•Goodbye, dear friend
•Read Penelope's letter
•A fine art of conversation
•The course of true love 5

Day 3
•Favored sons

Day 4
•The kings son

Day 5
•The veteran 3

Day 6
•Sleep until noon
•Mrs Sadie Adler, the widow 1

Day 7
•Mrs Sadie Adler, the widow 2
•The ties that bind us 5
•The widow 3

Week #3

Day 1
•My last son

Day 2
•Our best selves
•Red dead redemption

8 years later

EPILOGUE PART 1 - Early June 1907

Week #1

Day 1
•The wheel

Day 2
•Simple pleasure

Day 3
•Fatherhood for beginners

Day 4
•Farming for beginners
•Old habits

Day 5
•Jim Milton rides again

Day 7
•Fatherhood for idiots

Week #2

Day 1
•Motherhood

2 months later - August 1907

Week #1

Day 1
•The landlowing classes
•Home of the gentry

EPILOGUE PART 2 - Early August 1907

Day 2
•Mary beth
•Gainful Employment
•American inferno, burn out 1
•Legendary rock bass
•Legendary redfin pickerel

Day 3
•Legendary largemouth bass
•Tame Tiger striped bay mustang
•Save the sheriff of Armadillo
•Send all 3 remaining legendary fish

Day 4
•American inferno, burn out 2
•Bare knuckle friendship

Day 5
•Home improvements for beginners
•The veteran 4
•The widow 4
•Rains fall

Day 6
•Anthony foreman bounty
•Capture Anthony foreman
•Pearson
•American inferno, Burn out 3

Day 7
•An honest day labor

Week #2

Day 1
•The tools
•The new Jerusalem

Day 6
•American inferno burn out 4
•Elias green bounty
•Capture Elias green

Day 7
•Otis skinner bounty
•Capture Otis skinner

Week #3

Day 1
•Collect Jeremy gills invitation
•Visit Anthony foreman 
•Tilly
•A fisher of fish 2

Day 2 
•American inferno burn out 5
•A quick favor for an old friend

Day 5
•Uncles bad day

Day 6
•The best of woman
•A really big bastard
•Trying again

Day 7
•A new futured Imagined

Week #4

Day 1
•American inferno burn out 6
•American Venom

So what exactly is the reason for not doing polite society first? Doesn’t that one feel like the introduction to valentine?

Arthur john
2 hours ago, LucidLocomotive said:

So what exactly is the reason for not doing polite society first? Doesn’t that one feel like the introduction to valentine?

To me it doesn't, since for one Arthur's lips doesn't really sync with the quote " Okay, let's go then", while the quote " Sure you'll see, real civilize" perfectly matches his lips.

I know it sounds nitpick, but it really bothers me.

• Like 2

Psycho18
11 hours ago, LucidLocomotive said:

After R* designed and developed Polite Society to be the introduction to Valentine, Polite Society was placed later in chapter 2. When R* realized they made a mistake, they moved Polite Society earlier in chapter 2.  Now, some players are placing Polite Society later, because players found R* mistake. The mistake was the lip syncing in Polite Society. 

I am playing the game through Arthur's eyes, thoughts and feelings. I always put Polite Society first, because it was designed and developed as the intro to Valentine. 

Arthur wakes up get cleaned up, have coffee, eat fruit, and talk people. 

Micah and Lenny still in camp. 

Arthur talks to the Tilly, Mary Beth, and Karen at their tent. 

Arthur sees Uncle sleeping by a wagon wakes him meanly.  If Polite Society, is done later in chapter 2, why would any gang members want to keep a wagon in the middle of camp blocking   everybody's movement. 

Arthur wants to go into Valentine to find information. The girls hear this conservation at their tent. Girls want to come along. 

Arthur helps a crashed wagon on the side of the road.

Valentine, the girls smells sheep and sees the snow on the mountain. The gang been in New Hanover for only two weeks before Polite Society started. If Polite Society gets pushed back later in chapter 2, the gang would be in New Hanover for a month. The snow on the mountain dialogue wouldn't make sense if the gang was in  New Hanover for a month. 

Valentine, Arthur want to keep a low profile. Intro to the general store,  the coffee was scripted to be the your first item to buy. If Polite Society gets pushed back later in chapter 2, then scripted buying coffee wouldn't make sense. Some players would of bought many items before Polite Society. 

Valentine, Mary Beth find info about the Train Robbery

Valentine, Karen find info about the Bank Robbery. 

Valentine, Tilly runs into Anthony Foreman. Arthur doesn't shoot him, because Arthur wants to keep a low profile.  

Valentine, Kill or save Jimmy Brooks. Save Jimmy Brooks, you get a pen to sell. Return or not return the horse. Intro to the Honor system. 

Edited by Psycho18
  • Like 2

Buddy Hightower
3 hours ago, Psycho18 said:

After R* designed and developed Polite Society to be the introduction to Valentine, Polite Society was placed later in chapter 2. When R* realized they made a mistake, they moved Polite Society earlier in chapter 2.  Now, some players are placing Polite Society later, because players found R* mistake. The mistake was the lip syncing in Polite Society. 

I am playing the game through Arthur's eyes, thoughts and feelings. I always put Polite Society first, because it was designed and developed as the intro to Valentine. 

Arthur wakes up get cleaned up, have coffee, eat fruit, and talk people. 

Micah and Lenny still in camp. 

Arthur talks to the Tilly, Mary Beth, and Karen at their tent. 

Arthur sees Uncle sleeping by a wagon wakes him meanly.  If Polite Society, is done later in chapter 2, why would any gang members want to keep a wagon in the middle of camp blocking   everybody's movement. 

Arthur wants to go into Valentine to find information. The girls hear this conservation at their tent. Girls want to come along. 

Arthur helps a crashed wagon on the side of the road.

Valentine, the girls smells sheep and sees the snow on the mountain. The gang been in New Hanover for only two weeks before Polite Society started. If Polite Society gets pushed back later in chapter 2, the gang would be in New Hanover for a month. The snow on the mountain dialogue wouldn't make sense if the gang was in  New Hanover for a month. 

Valentine, Arthur want to keep a low profile. Intro to the general store,  the coffee was scripted to be the your first item to buy. If Polite Society gets pushed back later in chapter 2, then scripted buying coffee wouldn't make sense. Some players would of bought many items before Polite Society. 

Valentine, Mary Beth find info about the Train Robbery

Valentine, Karen find info about the Bank Robbery. 

Valentine, Tilly runs into Anthony Foreman. Arthur doesn't shoot him, because Arthur wants to keep a low profile.  

Valentine, Kill or save Jimmy Brooks. Save Jimmy Brooks, you get a pen to sell. Return or not return the horse. Intro to the Honor system. 

If your inventory is already full for coffee, you'll be instructed to buy something else...

Dan_1983
1 minute ago, Buddy Hightower said:

If your inventory is already full for coffee, you'll be instructed to buy something else...

Yes sometimes Uncle tells you to buy a cigar. But I never bother with buying the coffee or cigar.

BrandyNova
4 hours ago, Psycho18 said:

After trying it several times, I don't like doing Polite Society first.  It makes no sense to me.   Hosea has given Arthur things to do, and we know he is very dutiful at this stage of the story.   Swanson needs checking up on.  The boys in Valentine are looking into things, and waiting for him to join them.  The last thing Arthur would want to do is run into town with Uncle, just to nap on the porch, ignoring the guys in the saloon next door that he knows are there.  All that, plus the lip synching issue, make this a good choice for me.    

I can see doing either Without Sin (check on Swanson) or Americans At Rest (boys at the bar) first. 

Edited by BrandyNova

SoulSurj
15 hours ago, Arthur john said:

•Arcadia for amateurs

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before but Arcadia for Amateurs shouldn't take place before Sean's rescue because when you chase the Coyote you run through the bounty hunter camp, which Arthur doesn't learn about until Trelawny mentions it during First Shall Be Last. Also, the camp is cleared out so it wouldn't make sense to do Arcadia for Amateurs on the same day Sean is rescued in general. 

You might also want to save "Fatherhood and other Dreams I" for right after "The Gilded Cage" and "Fatherhood and other Dreams II" for right after "A Fine Night of Debauchery." It'll make a lot more sense if you do.

• Like 2

Dan_1983
39 minutes ago, BrandyNova said:

After trying it several times, I don't like doing Polite Society first.  It makes no sense to me.   Hosea has given Arthur things to do, and we know he is very dutiful at this stage of the story.   Swanson needs checking up on.  The boys in Valentine are looking into things, and waiting for him to join them.  The last thing Arthur would want to do is run into town with Uncle, just to nap on the porch, ignoring the guys in the saloon next door that he knows are there.  All that, plus the lip synching issue, make this a good choice for me.    

I can see doing either Without Sin (check on Swanson) or Americans At Rest (boys at the bar) first. 

Just to be pedantic lol. But Arthur doesn't know the boys are in the saloon as all Hosea tells him is that they're in Valentine. But I agree, I never liked Polite Society as the first mission in Chapter 2, not with Swanson doing god knows what at Flatneck lol.

Psycho18
2 hours ago, BrandyNova said:

I tried doing American at Rest first, but I didn't like it very much. The Swanson mission takes place in the afternoon around 5pm. Arthur knows that the boys are in Valentine, but he doesn't know that the boys are in the saloon. 1 and half days is plenty for Javier to find info on Chez Porter house robbery. Other two boys don't find info about anything. When Arthur shows up late, Javier and Charles started to hang around with the girls.. I like to do American at Rest in the Afternoon. It doesn't rain on the 1st day. 

Polite Society is the only one left to do in the morning. Arthur is a grouchy fellow, seeing a wagon sitting at the entrance of camp and sees Uncle sleeping makes Arthur very angry. I would wake up Uncle the same way as Arthur. Plus, Arthur is sleeping on porch, because girls is taking to long to come back.

Edited by Psycho18

BrandyNova
3 hours ago, Dan_1983 said:

Just to be pedantic lol. But Arthur doesn't know the boys are in the saloon as all Hosea tells him is that they're in Valentine. But I agree, I never liked Polite Society as the first mission in Chapter 2, not with Swanson doing god knows what at Flatneck lol.

okay you are right!  Yup, he knows they are in Valentine.  Of course, knowing Bill, where else would they be but the saloon?  hahaha

1 hour ago, Psycho18 said:

I tried doing American at Rest first, but I didn't like it very much. The Swanson mission takes place in the afternoon around 5pm. Arthur knows that the boys are in Valentine, but he doesn't know that the boys are in the saloon. 1 and half days is plenty for Javier to find info on Chez Porter house robbery. Other two boys don't find info about anything. When Arthur shows up late, Javier and Charles started to hang around with the girls.. I like to do American at Rest in the Afternoon. It doesn't rain on the 1st day. 

Polite Society is the only one left to do in the morning. Arthur is a grouchy fellow, seeing a wagon sitting at the entrance of camp and sees Uncle sleeping makes Arthur very angry. I would wake up Uncle the same way as Arthur. Plus, Arthur is sleeping on porch, because girls is taking to long to come back.

I don't like doing Americans at Rest first either, because I think rescuing Sean comes immediately after that.  And since Swanson is at the party, we need to retrieve him first.   So I do chores and hunting for the gang in the morning, then set off to check on Swanson.  I have no trouble leaving the guys in Valentine overnight.  They are big boys and can handle themselves.  What I do have problems with is not looking for them when I go into town with Uncle.   That made no sense to me.  So I prefer to do Polite Society the morning after the party - everyone is a little hung over, and makes sense that Arthur would snooze on the porch rather than walk around Valentine looking for the guys.  I also enjoy kicking Uncle awake haha

LucidLocomotive
2 hours ago, BrandyNova said:

okay you are right!  Yup, he knows they are in Valentine.  Of course, knowing Bill, where else would they be but the saloon?  hahaha

I don't like doing Americans at Rest first either, because I think rescuing Sean comes immediately after that.  And since Swanson is at the party, we need to retrieve him first.   So I do chores and hunting for the gang in the morning, then set off to check on Swanson.  I have no trouble leaving the guys in Valentine overnight.  They are big boys and can handle themselves.  What I do have problems with is not looking for them when I go into town with Uncle.   That made no sense to me.  So I prefer to do Polite Society the morning after the party - everyone is a little hung over, and makes sense that Arthur would snooze on the porch rather than walk around Valentine looking for the guys.  I also enjoy kicking Uncle awake haha

That doesn’t sound too bad. Do you visit valentine at all prior to police civilization?

BrandyNova
1 hour ago, LucidLocomotive said:

That doesn’t sound too bad. Do you visit valentine at all prior to police civilization?

I did not.  I spent my time doing chores or hunting in the area around Horseshoe Overlook, then off to get Swanson (I don't play poker - seems like the wrong time for that).   The next day, I like to wait for Dutch to approach me about things to do in Valentine, after I make fun of him and Molly acting all romantic.  Makes me laugh!   Then off to Valentine for Americans at Rest.  From there, I take a bath (cuz Dutch told me to get cleaned up), then off towards Blackwater.  I camp out on the way, so when I arrive, Charles and Javier have been camping and scouting for a day.   Rescue Sean, and home for a party!  I love the party 🤠   

Sleep til noon, then kick Uncle awake, and off we go to Valentine.   Nothing pressing anymore, so figure it is a good day for Arthur relax a bit with Uncle and the girls.    At this point, I still have Arthur act like the errand boy he's become - he does what he's told, even if he doesn't like it - and he does those things first, before he does things on his own.