Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    2. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    3. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. Bugs*

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    6. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 - "Chronological" Mission Order


Spydr Webz
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Ye to be honest I can't definitely claim where this mission goes myself because there are main things that could go either way:-

  • The cough - Could be a TB hint/foreshadowing OR could be a complete red herring to show Arthur is a smoker like you said
  • Chez Porter being in the mountains - As we spoke about it seems that Arthur is surprised when Hosea takes him "back into the mountains" during Exit which seems to indicate that the home robbery should come after this as it seems quite mountainous BUT we don't know if the game technically classes Chez Porter as the mountains or not OR this could just be an oversight

Javier refers to the family as being well hidden in the woods. The only location mentioned is Cumberland Falls. For me, it's on the foothills of the mountains in Grizzlies West.

 

Exit is usually the first time I go back into Ambarino in Chapter 2 too, but I do that mission early as I have the pre order war horse and don't need horse funds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looser3241

I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, but has anyone ever recorded the post-mission unique dialogue? I recently managed to fix the dialogue after a VERY long time playing with it busted and noticed that there seems to be at least one line of unique dialogue for most missions, which made me wonder if someone ever recorded them, as they're pretty interesting.

 

Also, they even manage to fix some minor "holes", like rescuing Micah from strawberry, if you talk to Dutch, Arthur will say that he rescued him and that Micah is currently in his own camp. (first time i've ever heard this dialogue) but, if the dialogue doesn't trigger or you don't speak to Dutch, you just have to assume Arthur mentioned it to him off-screen

 

I ask this mostly out of curiosity 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Looser3241 said:

I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, but has anyone ever recorded the post-mission unique dialogue? I recently managed to fix the dialogue after a VERY long time playing with it busted and noticed that there seems to be at least one line of unique dialogue for most missions, which made me wonder if someone ever recorded them, as they're pretty interesting.

 

Also, they even manage to fix some minor "holes", like rescuing Micah from strawberry, if you talk to Dutch, Arthur will say that he rescued him and that Micah is currently in his own camp. (first time i've ever heard this dialogue) but, if the dialogue doesn't trigger or you don't speak to Dutch, you just have to assume Arthur mentioned it to him off-screen

 

I ask this mostly out of curiosity 😁

Check out a user named DanaDuchy on YouTube. She has multiple videos of RDR 2 camp dialogue. You can find post mission unique dialogue there.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

jimmyoneshot
10 hours ago, Looser3241 said:

I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, but has anyone ever recorded the post-mission unique dialogue? I recently managed to fix the dialogue after a VERY long time playing with it busted and noticed that there seems to be at least one line of unique dialogue for most missions, which made me wonder if someone ever recorded them, as they're pretty interesting.

 

Also, they even manage to fix some minor "holes", like rescuing Micah from strawberry, if you talk to Dutch, Arthur will say that he rescued him and that Micah is currently in his own camp. (first time i've ever heard this dialogue) but, if the dialogue doesn't trigger or you don't speak to Dutch, you just have to assume Arthur mentioned it to him off-screen

 

I ask this mostly out of curiosity 😁

This is actually probably the best place to ask that to be honest haha.

 

Those ones  @Dan_1983 posted about are good for dialogue:-

 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPk7AfBbUnVUZIu7PN14_MQ

 

He sent me them a while back. Those lines may be in those videos somewhere.

 

I haven't seen a video on YouTube which is purely about the unique dialogue lines before and after each mission though. In fact that sounds like another pretty good idea for a video to have as a reference i.e. any dialogue lines that randomly take place and refer directly to a mission either before or after it has been done. I might do that next.

Edited by jimmyoneshot
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's quite a lot of cut dialogue in her videos too.

 

For example, there is dialogue where Arthur tells a fellow gang member that he is borrowing their horse, which was definitely a feature cut from the game. 

 

There's cut dialogue where gang members comment on Arthur's hair and beard. 

 

Also there were a few more altercations/fights in camp, such as one between Charles and Bill that was cut too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looser3241

Thanks you so much, I've been listening to them, it's fantastic content. I only wish it was more organized into categories.... But I feel like a bastard complaining about it, since that obviously took a crazy amount of work.

 

Talking about cut content, in the drunk dialogue video 2, there's dialogue about Arthur being hungover. Is that cut content, or just something i've never seen before?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JonnyTNT7

This is probably a very minor thing, but there’s gun oil in the poacher’s camp during Charles’ hunting. Does anyone know if gun oil spawns in before completing Social Call and being taught about weapon degradation? I can’t think that it does, but I could be mistaken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

This is probably a very minor thing, but there’s gun oil in the poacher’s camp during Charles’ hunting. Does anyone know if gun oil spawns in before completing Social Call and being taught about weapon degradation? I can’t think that it does, but I could be mistaken.

What do you mean? You can buy it from the general store from the very start of Chapter 2... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JonnyTNT7
10 minutes ago, Sean800 said:

What do you mean? You can buy it from the general store from the very start of Chapter 2... 

I meant as a general drop from camps/looting. If gun oil isn’t added to the random loot table until after Social Call, that might indicate that the hunting comes after SC. If gun oil is in the loot table from the start of the game, then it means nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jimmyoneshot
2 hours ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

I meant as a general drop from camps/looting. If gun oil isn’t added to the random loot table until after Social Call, that might indicate that the hunting comes after SC. If gun oil is in the loot table from the start of the game, then it means nothing.

Ye you can pick it up before. One example is sometimes you get that random encounter with the O'Driscolls where they ride the wagon out in front of you to block you and then try to hold you up. If you kill them all and check the wagon there is usually Gun Oil in there.

 

Also during Old Friends in Chapter 1 when you are looting the O'Driscoll bodies one of them almost always has it.

 

Social Call does seem to be the in game tutorial for gun cleaning though and that tutorial plays even if you have cleaned weapons before that mission. However if you pick up a weapon for the first time which is dirty you will get the notification in the top left about the weapon being in poor condition like 7:48 here at Chez Porter:-

 

https://youtu.be/ea6WsqK-k9w?t=468

 

Except in that case I think if you have already done Social Call before that then the notification doesn't show like at 6:00 here:-

 

https://youtu.be/jHjU6XP1kys?t=360

 

Can't remember if that notification shows for other dirty weapons though.

 

Edited by jimmyoneshot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

jimmyoneshot
On 10/22/2021 at 2:55 AM, Looser3241 said:

Thanks you so much, I've been listening to them, it's fantastic content. I only wish it was more organized into categories.... But I feel like a bastard complaining about it, since that obviously took a crazy amount of work.

 

Talking about cut content, in the drunk dialogue video 2, there's dialogue about Arthur being hungover. Is that cut content, or just something i've never seen before?

Which part is that Looser? I couldn't find the specific dialogue you mentioned. Can you post a link with the time it shows up in the video?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looser3241
1 hour ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Which part is that Looser? I couldn't find the specific dialogue you mentioned. Can you post a link with the time it shows up in the video?

https://youtu.be/2sLKeluyHCM?list=PLpE_3Z-CImGsR_oJRP-UzjEE4U6nqm-Wl&t=1727 From that point the comments about Arthur' "state" start, more specifically, the hangover dialogue starts at 30:29

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JonnyTNT7
2 hours ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Ye you can pick it up before. One example is sometimes you get that random encounter with the O'Driscolls where they ride the wagon out in front of you to block you and then try to hold you up. If you kill them all and check the wagon there is usually Gun Oil in there.

Well it was a long shot anyway. I just couldn’t for the life of me remember picking up gun oil early in a playthrough. One thing I’m sure of, though, is that Quiet Time should come before Mary’s letter. I tried reading the letter while Quiet Time was available and it looked very strange to see Dutch’s tent suddenly open during the cutscene and then shut again after Money Lending III.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

jimmyoneshot
5 hours ago, Looser3241 said:

https://youtu.be/2sLKeluyHCM?list=PLpE_3Z-CImGsR_oJRP-UzjEE4U6nqm-Wl&t=1727 From that point the comments about Arthur' "state" start, more specifically, the hangover dialogue starts at 30:29

 

Hmm. Actually I've never heard that hangover dialogue myself either so you might be right it might've been cut. But then again I very really get drunk in camp so it may be something to do with that. Might be worth experimenting by drinking in camp until Arthur is drunk several days in a row and talk to people while he is and then talk to them again the next morning.

Edited by jimmyoneshot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

jimmyoneshot
2 hours ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Well it was a long shot anyway. I just couldn’t for the life of me remember picking up gun oil early in a playthrough. One thing I’m sure of, though, is that Quiet Time should come before Mary’s letter. I tried reading the letter while Quiet Time was available and it looked very strange to see Dutch’s tent suddenly open during the cutscene and then shut again after Money Lending III.

Ye I agree to be honest. I noticed that myself a while back actually because the camera is locked onto it when it happens ha.

 

In all honesty I think it is entirely possible that Mary's letter originally unlocked/appeared in camp at a later point as we have predicted with other missions like Exit Pursued.

 

I also feel like Arthur beating up Downes (which is triggered by the letter) kind of changes the tone for a while and doing a fun mission like Quiet Time seems less funny after that.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm currently on Chapter 6 and I now like the idea of dealing with the debts for Strauss after Archeology for Beginners mainly because doing both gives you a huge honour boost and I always lose honour sneaking into the soldiers camp as I always end up killing them with gives me a loss of honour as I have no patience for most stealth missions. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also does anyone know most locations of the Pinkertons checkpoints after Visiting Hours? 

 

I know there is two near Van Horn and one before Saint Denis?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dudu RDRII
1 hour ago, Dan_1983 said:

Also does anyone know most locations of the Pinkertons checkpoints after Visiting Hours? 

 

I know there is two near Van Horn and one before Saint Denis?

 

There's one around Elysian Pool as well, but after the most recent patches it's kinda hard to trigger them now, they used to happen way more often.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Found a fun way to catch Kieran in Old Friends. Lasso him off his horse, release the lasso, tackle him and knock him out lol. Arthur only punches him once. Seems vicious but he's still an O'Driscoll 🤣

Edited by Dan_1983
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

jimmyoneshot
1 hour ago, Dan_1983 said:

Found a fun way to catch Kieran in Old Friends. Lasso him off his horse, release the lasso, tackle him and knock him out lol. Arthur only punches him once. Seems vicious but he's still an O'Driscoll 🤣

Ha. Tried this myself once or twice as well as lassoing and dragging him the whole way which I hoped would result in some unique dialogue but it doesn't seem to 😂

Edited by jimmyoneshot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Ha. Tried this myself once or twice as well as lassoing and dragging him the whole way which I hoped would result in some unique dialogue but it doesn't seem to 😂

Poor Kieran lol.

 

For pure evil, I remember saving Jimmy Brooks once and then chasing and shooting him after the cutscene lol as I still didn't trust him. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

jimmyoneshot

I'm still going through and recording my side mission dialogue videos for John and I just noticed something - If you complete all of the Arcadia missions and then do The Artist's Way Part 3 the pictures are in the gallery as they usually are after Arcadia is fully done but the portrait is still of Arthur even though it was actually John that I did that mission with and John that got his picture taken by Mason. The picture of the horses was also there which gets taken during Arcadia Part 3 too even though that part of Arcadia gets skipped when playing as John.

 

Seems they never intended for this mission to be done as John at least.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

luckycanadian95
4 hours ago, jimmyoneshot said:

I'm still going through and recording my side mission dialogue videos for John and I just noticed something - If you complete all of the Arcadia missions and then do The Artist's Way Part 3 the pictures are in the gallery as they usually are after Arcadia is fully done but the portrait is still of Arthur even though it was actually John that I did that mission with and John that got his picture taken by Mason. The picture of the horses was also there which gets taken during Arcadia Part 3 too even though that part of Arcadia gets skipped when playing as John.

 

Seems they never intended for this mission to be done as John at least.

Interesting, I guess Mason could've taken the picture of the horses by himself, but yeah that's definitely an oversight by rockstar. Arcadia always seemed to fit Arthur better anyway since John can't do part 3. I also like how Arthur and Mason develop a genuine friendship over the course of the game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the things that irritate me about the Cornwall train robbery and latter the $1,000 for the bonds is that the gang who did the robbery didn't see a penny of it. 

 

Secondly, you can through patience get the Missouri Fox Trotter that's in Arcadia part 3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JonnyTNT7

Something I’ve always found very strange is that according to the official guide, during Course of True Love II you should leave Braithewaite manor by stealing a boat from the boathouse and rowing away. I’ve no idea why such an unorthodox escape route is presented over simply riding away. But I tried it, and it worked quite well because I a) got the naval compass from the boathouse, b) visited Iguana Island briefly to get a skin for Pearson, and c) was able to start Preaching as I docked on the shore of Clemen’s point.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funniest thing about that mission is Arthur has to sneak out by rowing a boat. Yet when you whistle for your horse after docking the boat, he/she runs through the grounds of Braithwaite Manor as bold as brass without a damn care in the world 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buddy Hightower
5 hours ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

Something I’ve always found very strange is that according to the official guide, during Course of True Love II you should leave Braithewaite manor by stealing a boat from the boathouse and rowing away. I’ve no idea why such an unorthodox escape route is presented over simply riding away. But I tried it, and it worked quite well because I a) got the naval compass from the boathouse, b) visited Iguana Island briefly to get a skin for Pearson, and c) was able to start Preaching as I docked on the shore of Clemen’s point.

I have always took the boat to get away....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Buddy Hightower said:

I have always took the boat to get away....

Same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JonnyTNT7
2 hours ago, Buddy Hightower said:

I have always took the boat to get away....

 

13 minutes ago, Dan_1983 said:

Same.

Well apparently it’s quite normal to take the boat. I’ve always just walked/run north until out of the grounds, then whistled for my horse. Taking the boat always seemed quite an odd choice, to me at least. But it is a good opportunity to get that iguana skin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JonnyTNT7 said:

 

Well apparently it’s quite normal to take the boat. I’ve always just walked/run north until out of the grounds, then whistled for my horse. Taking the boat always seemed quite an odd choice, to me at least. But it is a good opportunity to get that iguana skin.

I usually row across from camp during Chapter 3 to get the Iguana skin, plus the abandoned ship there has aged pirate rum which boosts stamina and is rare to find. I only know 4 or 5 aged pirate rum locations from memory, where as I know most valerian root and ginseng locations for dead eye and health stats.

 

Stamina is always the last stat in my game that needs boosting. 

Edited by Dan_1983
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 11 Users Currently Viewing
    3 members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests

    • BrandyNova
    • jimmyoneshot
    • Sgt Olympus
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.