1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Spydr Webz

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 - "Chronological" Mission Order - Input Welcome!

Psycho18

@jimmyoneshot

I think you are right about Money Lending being a tutorial mission.  After thinking about it for a little bit, I probably started the Money Lending missions at 12 pm. When I finished collecting Mr. Wrobel, Chick Mathews, and Lilly Millet debts, I did a non-stop fast ride to camp, it was 6:30 pm. Finish talking Strauss at 7 pm. It was too late to collect Thomas Downes debt.  I usually split the money lending mission in two days. I want Thomas Downes to his garden during the day. I probably trying too hard to put all Money Lending missions in one day. I will take my time for now on. Game time is so fast and some of the horses are very slow.

I usually put Home robbery with Javier, Flaco Hernandez, and get the white Arabian horse from Lake Isabella after We loved once and True 3.  I wanted to use the free grey Ardennes horse I get in exit pursued by a bruised ego for a while. I can put home robbery with Javier earlier in chapter 2 if I have too.  Another thing, I noticed that Spines of America acts like a tutorial for home robbery, coach robbery, and the fence. 

I will try this order. I want to make sure to put missions in good order so that the story flows smoothly.

Day 1: Politie Society, Valentine Style, Stranger Noblest of men and women, and Castor's ridge

Day 2: Bounty Good Honest Snake Oil, (12 pm), American at Rest (4 pm),

Day 3: Money Lending and Other Sins 1-2 (7 am) I will try to collect Thomas Downes as well. 

Day 4: Money Lending 3 (7 am), deer hunting, Castor's ridge shootout,  Who is not without Sin (5 pm).

Day 5: The First shall be Last (7 am), Appleseed timber company selling items.

Day 6:  Stranger: Test of Faith, Smoking and other Hobbies, and All that Glitters.  Paying a Social Call (4 pm, Odrisscols are armed, and drunk)

Day 7: Bounty Ellie Anne Swann (8 am), A Quiet Time (4 pm)

Day 8 Emmit Granger (9 am), Castor's Ridge (buying Lumber), Appleseed timber company (tree fall on man), Exit pursued by a bruised ego (3 pm)

Day 9: Hunting with Charles (12 pm) when I return to camp Susan will tell about Hosea going to Emerald Ranch 

Day 10: Spines of America (8 am), Home robbery - Javier (4 pm),  We loved once and true 1 (read the Letter).

Day 11: Valentine - Bath,  We loved once and true 2-3 (10 am) Valentine Doctor Robbery

Day 12 Stranger Arcadia for Amateurs 1,(11 am)  Stranger Geology for Beginners (2 pm) and rock Carvings

Day 13: Stranger Arcadia for Amateurs 2 (9 am), Blessed are the Meek (12 pm)

Day 14 Stranger Arcadia for Amateurs 3 (11 am)

Day 15 Pouring Forth Oil 1-3 (9 am)

Day 16: Fisher of Men (11 am),  Home robbery Watson Cabin 1

Day 17 Pouring Forth Oil 4 (5 pm)

Day 18  Home robbery Watson cabin 2, White Arabian horse in Lake Isabella, Flaco Hernandez. 

Day 19 America Pastoral Scene (10 am)

Day 20 Sheep and the Goats (9 am)

Day 21 Strange Kindness (12 pm)

jimmyoneshot
6 hours ago, Psycho18 said:

@jimmyoneshot

I think you are right about Money Lending being a tutorial mission.  After thinking about it for a little bit, I probably started the Money Lending missions at 12 pm. When I finished collecting Mr. Wrobel, Chick Mathews, and Lilly Millet debts, I did a non-stop fast ride to camp, it was 6:30 pm. Finish talking Strauss at 7 pm. It was too late to collect Thomas Downes debt.  I usually split the money lending mission in two days. I want Thomas Downes to his garden during the day. I probably trying too hard to put all Money Lending missions in one day. I will take my time for now on. Game time is so fast and some of the horses are very slow.

I usually put Home robbery with Javier, Flaco Hernandez, and get the white Arabian horse from Lake Isabella after We loved once and True 3.  I wanted to use the free grey Ardennes horse I get in exit pursued by a bruised ego for a while. I can put home robbery with Javier earlier in chapter 2 if I have too.  Another thing, I noticed that Spines of America acts like a tutorial for home robbery, coach robbery, and the fence. 

I will try this order. I want to make sure to put missions in good order so that the story flows smoothly.

Day 1: Politie Society, Valentine Style, Stranger Noblest of men and women, and Castor's ridge

Day 2: Bounty Good Honest Snake Oil, (12 pm), American at Rest (4 pm),

Day 3: Money Lending and Other Sins 1-2 (7 am) I will try to collect Thomas Downes as well. 

Day 4: Money Lending 3 (7 am), deer hunting, Castor's ridge shootout,  Who is not without Sin (5 pm).

Day 5: The First shall be Last (7 am), Appleseed timber company selling items.

Day 6:  Stranger: Test of Faith, Smoking and other Hobbies, and All that Glitters.  Paying a Social Call (4 pm, Odrisscols are armed, and drunk)

Day 7: Bounty Ellie Anne Swann (8 am), A Quiet Time (4 pm)

Day 8 Emmit Granger (9 am), Castor's Ridge (buying Lumber), Appleseed timber company (tree fall on man), Exit pursued by a bruised ego (3 pm)

Day 9: Hunting with Charles (12 pm) when I return to camp Susan will tell about Hosea going to Emerald Ranch 

Day 10: Spines of America (8 am), Home robbery - Javier (4 pm),  We loved once and true 1 (read the Letter).

Day 11: Valentine - Bath,  We loved once and true 2-3 (10 am) Valentine Doctor Robbery

Day 12 Stranger Arcadia for Amateurs 1,(11 am)  Stranger Geology for Beginners (2 pm) and rock Carvings

Day 13: Stranger Arcadia for Amateurs 2 (9 am), Blessed are the Meek (12 pm)

Day 14 Stranger Arcadia for Amateurs 3 (11 am)

Day 15 Pouring Forth Oil 1-3 (9 am)

Day 16: Fisher of Men (11 am),  Home robbery Watson Cabin 1

Day 17 Pouring Forth Oil 4 (5 pm)

Day 18  Home robbery Watson cabin 2, White Arabian horse in Lake Isabella, Flaco Hernandez. 

Day 19 America Pastoral Scene (10 am)

Day 20 Sheep and the Goats (9 am)

Day 21 Strange Kindness (12 pm)

Great order bud.

I think one of the main problems with the game is as you said the speed of the day transition. In my opinion the day length should be increased by about 30% or even 50% and that would be fine and you could add another mission in on some days.

To be honest I think it's likely you did start money lending at 12pm if it was taking that long because I have started it at 6am right after waking up several times and have managed to be finishing Downes between 3 and 4pm and that was with the horse from chapter 1. Sometimes you get slowed down because the Mexican gunslinger random encounter and the woman trapped under a horse encounter are on the way but even with those I usually manage to get back by about that time, however admittedly that is riding at full constant speed.

Because of the fact that Money Lending does take so long though it feels to me like it's meant to be the end of the day when you finish it i.e. 6pm and that perhaps Arthur is meant to go for Sean the next day. I just don't feel right leaving them there that long.

I like the way you have split up polite society and americans at rest because it means the gang is looking for Sean for less time and I feel like doing the same too but my issue is the damn horse. After Polite Society it seems likely that Arthur would return the horse which would put him back in town at about 2pm so I can't see why he would either walk back to camp or do something else when the gang is right there. Why would he go to that other saloon when the gang is nearer?

I have 2 early orders in mind:-

Polite Society, Americans At Rest

------------------------------------------

Good Honest Snake Oil, Who Is Not Without Sin

Money Lending And Other Sins

First Shall Be The Last

OR (based on the way you play)

Polite Society, *Return to camp after returning horse*

Good Honest Snake Oil, Americans At Rest, Who Is Not Without Sin

First Shall Be The Last

Ideally I would also like to do Polite Society walk back to camp and then go and do Who Is Not Without Sin on the same day after getting my own horse but it feels strange doing that when there is a fight in that mission and the fight tutorial happens in Americans At Rest.

What do you think?

Edited by jimmyoneshot

Psycho18
4 hours ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Great order bud.

I think one of the main problems with the game is as you said the speed of the day transition. In my opinion the day length should be increased by about 30% or even 50% and that would be fine and you could add another mission in on some days.

To be honest I think it's likely you did start money lending at 12pm if it was taking that long because I have started it at 6am right after waking up several times and have managed to be finishing Downes between 3 and 4pm and that was with the horse from chapter 1. Sometimes you get slowed down because the Mexican gunslinger random encounter and the woman trapped under a horse encounter are on the way but even with those I usually manage to get back by about that time, however admittedly that is riding at full constant speed.

Because of the fact that Money Lending does take so long though it feels to me like it's meant to be the end of the day when you finish it i.e. 6pm and that perhaps Arthur is meant to go for Sean the next day. I just don't feel right leaving them there that long.

I like the way you have split up polite society and americans at rest because it means the gang is looking for Sean for less time and I feel like doing the same too but my issue is the damn horse. After Polite Society it seems likely that Arthur would return the horse which would put him back in town at about 2pm so I can't see why he would either walk back to camp or do something else when the gang is right there. Why would he go to that other saloon when the gang is nearer?

I have 2 early orders in mind:-

Polite Society, Americans At Rest

Good Honest Snake Oil, Who Is Not Without Sin

First Shall Be The Last

OR (based on the way you play)

Polite Society, *Return to camp after returning horse*

Good Honest Snake Oil, Americans At Rest, Who Is Not Without Sin

First Shall Be The Last

Ideally I would also like to do Polite Society walk back to camp and then go and do Who Is Not Without Sin on the same day after getting my own horse but it feels strange doing that when there is a fight in that mission and the fight tutorial happens in Americans At Rest.

What do you think?

Great, explanations and missions order.

I also believe that the speed of day transition should be made better or change somehow, but will not be

After Polite Society, it usually is 2 pm when I return the horse to Valentine. I do a stranger at the saloon and run to castor ridge, murder scene in citadel rock and the camp. I will be at camp at 5 pm. I always split up Polite Society and American at rest. When I return the bounty to the sheriff office it will be 3:30 pm. It makes sense to do American at rest at 4 pm because of the town and saloon is still busy and people are likely drunk in the saloon.

Another reason I like to split up Polite Society and American at Rest, it gives the gang less time to search for Sean.  During,  The First Shall be Last Javier says" Since we left you Valentine He (Josiah) wouldn't stop talking. It was the longest ride of my life". This statement can be suggesting that there are 1-2 days in between American at Rest and The First Shall be the Last. This another reason why I was Skeptical about starting Money Lending before Rescuing Sean. On the other hand,  I  do agree that Money Lending suppose to be a tutorial and earlier mission. 

jimmyoneshot
3 hours ago, Psycho18 said:

Great, explanations and missions order.

I also believe that the speed of day transition should be made better or change somehow, but will not be

After Polite Society, it usually is 2 pm when I return the horse to Valentine. I do a stranger at the saloon and run to castor ridge, murder scene in citadel rock and the camp. I will be at camp at 5 pm. I always split up Polite Society and American at rest. When I return the bounty to the sheriff office it will be 3:30 pm. It makes sense to do American at rest at 4 pm because of the town and saloon is still busy and people are likely drunk in the saloon.

Another reason I like to split up Polite Society and American at Rest, it gives the gang less time to search for Sean.  During,  The First Shall be Last Javier says" Since we left you Valentine He (Josiah) wouldn't stop talking. It was the longest ride of my life". This statement can be suggesting that there are 1-2 days in between American at Rest and The First Shall be the Last. This another reason why I was Skeptical about starting Money Lending before Rescuing Sean. On the other hand,  I  do agree that Money Lending suppose to be a tutorial and earlier mission. 

One thing I find strange is Polite Society acts as a tutorial for shopping and honour (saving Jimmy Brooks or killing him) so it's quite clear it's meant to be done early. Even if you have been in shops many times before the shopping tutorial in the top left still appears in this mission. But during it the girls also go into the saloon where if you do this mission first Javier and the gang would already be. Why wouldn't Arthur mention that the gang are there unless that's just an oversight by R* of course? However if you go into the saloon during Polite Society the mission fails and it says "you ruined the girls plans". Just a bit strange I thought.

Also if you do polite society after Americans at rest the intro cutscene is slightly different and Arthur says "real civilized" about Valentine and as they ride out he mentions the fight in the Saloon to Uncle.:-

However I have tested and if you do a quiet time before it they make no mention of that. And during the store part of the mission Arthur says that he should stay out of the saloon this time around and the shopkeeper mentions the fight with Tommy:-

However I think this dialogue is just put in there in case you'e done things differently. I don't like leaving Sean a long time but honestly can't get past this order bud (Missions only). Doing Money Lending and First Shall Be Last one the same day is far too much of a rush for me too I think:-

Day - Polite Society Valentine Style, Americans At Rest

Day - Bounty Hunting - Good Honest Snake Oil, Who Is Not Without Sin

Day - Money Lending and Other Sins

Day - First Shall Be The Last

Day - Javier - Home Robbery, Bounty Hunting - Ellie Ann Swan

Day - Paying a Social Call, A Quiet Time

Day - Blessed Are The Meek, Exit Pursued By A Bruised Ego

Day - Spines Of America, Charles - Hunting

Day - We Love Once and True

Day - Pouring Forth Oil 1, 2 and 3, Fisher Of Men, Pouring Forth Oil 4

Day - American Pastoral Scene

Day - Sheep and The Goats, Strange Kindness

Psycho18

@jimmyoneshot

Yeah, there are many unique dialogues that can happen if the players choose to play the game many different ways or play the missions in a certain order. You have your own prefer mission order and I have my own prefer mission order which we both are confrontable with. I am not a huge fan of doing 2-3 mission in one day. I usually take the story slowly and explore the beautiful world of RDR2. I prefer to do one mission per day and explore before or after missions.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    The way I play the game through my prefer mission order on this thread page, I usually get a few good unique dialogues before or after missions. For example, every game  I play I go to the general store in Valentine to buy some food for Arthur right before Paying a Social Call, the shopkeeper will say that "these two men at Flat neck Station met this drunken Clergyman" (Swanson). 

After Spines of America, I like to go to the gun shop in Valentine, and buy a Springfield rifle for hunting, the shopkeeper will say " the town is still talking about the fight with Tommy". 

After A Quiet Time, when Lenny and Arthur released from jail, the sheriff will walk to Arthur, and say " that Benedict Allbright (snake oil bounty) was cursing Arthur's name up until he got hanged".

jimmyoneshot
25 minutes ago, Psycho18 said:

@jimmyoneshot

Yeah, there are many unique dialogues that can happen if the players choose to play the game many different ways or play the missions in a certain order. You have your own prefer mission order and I have my own prefer mission order which we both are confrontable with. I am not a huge fan of doing 2-3 mission in one day. I usually take the story slowly and explore the beautiful world of RDR2. I prefer to do one mission per day and explore before or after missions.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    The way I play the game through my prefer mission order on this thread page, I usually get a few good unique dialogues before or after missions. For example, every game  I play I go to the general store in Valentine to buy some food for Arthur right before Paying a Social Call, the shopkeeper will say that "these two men at Flat neck Station met this drunken Clergyman" (Swanson). 

After Spines of America, I like to go to the gun shop in Valentine, and buy a Springfield rifle for hunting, the shopkeeper will say " the town is still talking about the fight with Tommy". 

After A Quiet Time, when Lenny and Arthur released from jail, the sheriff will walk to Arthur, and say " that Benedict Allbright (snake oil bounty) was cursing Arthur's name up until he got hanged".

Yep I've noticed all those too. I also like to go the general store because it's so hard to keep Arthur at perfect weight. I usually eat 4 oatcakes, 2 biscuits, 1 baked beans and 1 tinned peaches as well as the stew a day and that keeps Arthur above weight. But weight is so hard to maintain.

Psycho18
4 hours ago, jimmyoneshot said:

Yep I've noticed all those too. I also like to go the general store because it's so hard to keep Arthur at perfect weight. I usually eat 4 oatcakes, 2 biscuits, 1 baked beans and 1 tinned peaches as well as the stew a day and that keeps Arthur above weight. But weight is so hard to maintain.

Yep, it is hard to maintain a perfect weight. I have been experimenting with different foods to see the effects on Arthur's weight.  I always go to the general store (especially at the beginning of the game) to buy food if the upgraded provisions wagon does not have the food I am looking for. To maintain a perfect weight Arthur needs to eat three meals a day.

I learned the hard way, I used to not eat much food and drink a lot of booze. I was wondering why Arthur is underweight. This is the reason for the food experiment. 

So far I have been eating  breakfast at 7 am--- 1-2 fruit (can or fresh) and 2 coffee, Lunch at 12 pm--- 2 biscuits or 3 crackers, cheese, 1 cooked smaller meat, Dinner ate 7 or 8 pm-- either camp stew every 24 hours (only eat camp stew at night), or 1 saloon meal, or 1 cooked big meat, 1 can of beans, and 1 vegetable (can or fresh). 

By eating like this way, I have noticed that Arthur's weight had stayed around average or perfect weight. If I want to drink a lot  I must eat too.  Just like in real life. Sometimes Arthur will eat 1-2 pieces candy at night.

Dan_1983
On 2/8/2019 at 12:07 AM, jimmyoneshot said:

Yep true. I usually bump into that guy when I go for Micah. Hate how slow he walks ha. Hell, if you like Strawberry though go there bud 👍

I've just realised for the first time that there is a side business that you can rob in the Strawberry General Store too. Learn something new every time I play this game. Did you know about that?

Strawberry one of my favourite in game towns too and I usually pass through on my way to buying the Andalusian horse. Yes the guy who you walk back to town is slow as hell too. 

However if you go the other way to Strawberry you'll encounter the guy who has a woman hogtied up on his horse and I get a sense of satisfaction putting a few bullets into his perverted head and rescuing her lol. 

On another note I did notice a post earlier saying that they leave the Micah mission An American Pastoral Scene until Chapter 3 and while that is tempting enough to keep Micah away from camp as long as possible...it don't make sense because at the start of a A Strange Kindness, Dutch gets both Arthur and Charles to scout out Dewberry Creek which Micah suggested as their next camp which means Micah has returned to camp.