4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
LegendarySaiyan

Catfish Jacksons Homestead?!

LegendarySaiyan

(I do not know if I should tag this as a Spoiler since it is not related to the main story, more like a Side Mission I guess?)

Catfish Jacksons Homestead, so what is the deal with the person living there?

I went to that location just to hunt, I am looking for a Panther. While I explored the area I came across this House.

I lay a predator bait in the woods close to the house and climbed up on its roof to get better view of the surrounding area. I saw a Coyote closing in and no other animals so I fired a warning shot. Then I heard someones voice and a red little dot on the mini map. I thought I might have startled the person living here so I loaded my last save and went back to this house to see if I can interact or anything.

So I went inside, found this African american boy sitting on his bed and reading and as soon as he notices me, he jumps off his bed and attacks me with his knife saying "What the hell, I am ready for you this time *****!!.." His name is Nate, so I tied him down instead of killing, but I can not carry him or put him on to my horse. If I cut him free he comes after me to attack me.

Did I miss something? :S Trying to figure out if there is something I did before I came here and if Nate had relation to someone, a relative I did something to? I found his momma's letter, but still clueless on what is going on.

Before I came here I saved a woman kidnapped by a man, both African american as well, she said something like "He has been after me for so long, good that he lies dead now" then thanked me and left with the kidnappers horse. Could these two be Nate's parents?

Should I just kill Nate? Leave him there tied in is house? Come back later?

EDIT: Does this place and person have any relation to Tilly Jackson?

Edited by LegendarySaiyan

icefds

This location is part of the debt collecting missions, from Leopold Strauss.

Chapter 4 i think.

LegendarySaiyan
9 minutes ago, icefds said:

This location is part of the debt collecting missions, from Leopold Strauss.

Chapter 4 i think.

I have completed the game and can't remember if I did do this mission or not. I might have skipped this Strauss mission if it was a side mission/activity since I already had a lot of money in Chapter 4.

This is my second playthrough where I do not want to miss anything. Should I just come back later then? Too bad that I already looted almost everything 😛

PS: I am at Chapter 2 right now.

EDIT: Think I will just hogtie Nate and loot the last room and just leave him be like that :) Let's what will happen later on.

icefds
11 minutes ago, LegendarySaiyan said:

I have completed the game and can't remember if I did do this mission or not. I might have skipped this Strauss mission if it was a side mission/activity since I already had a lot of money in Chapter 4.

This is my second playthrough where I do not want to miss anything. Should I just come back later then? Too bad that I already looted almost everything 😛

If you have the job from LS, the house is locked and you have to find the owner (the father of Nate).

The guy is drunk and says, that he has the money for Arthur. You go inside the house with this guy, he tricks you and tries to stab you.

Then you beat him up and loot the house.

If you go inside the room of his son, you can see him hiding under the bed, begging you, not to kill him.

If you don't kill him and return to the house again, a couple of days later, Nate says the line you already posted:

"What the hell, I am ready for you this time *****!!..

Just like his father, he tries to stab you.

Edited by icefds

LegendarySaiyan
5 minutes ago, icefds said:

If you have the job from LS, the house is locked and you have to find the owner (the father of nate).

The guy is drunk and says, that he has the money for Arthur. You go inside the house with this guy, he tricks you and tries to stab you.

Then you beat him up and loot the house.

If you go inside the room of his son, you can see him hiding under the bed, begging you, not to kill him.

If you don't kill him and return to the house again, a couple of days later, nate says the line you already posted:

"What the hell, I am ready for you this time *****!!..

Just like his father, he tries to stab you.

Hmm, then I guess this must be a bug where he acts like this before those events takes place since I have not been to this place nor did I interact with father (yet). This is actually my first time riding south of Rhodes on my current 2nd playthrough. Guess I will just leave him be for the moment (tied up as I said 😛) and return back when I get the mission from Strauss!

Thanks for the reply ! :)

BJBooBoo

You also get this house as a break-in tip from a nearby random encounter NPC, I think I got it from a escaping prisoner after I helped him but I can't recall for certain. I tried to go to the homestead to rob it and only found Nate. I'm wondering if because I did the debt collection for Strauss I can't loot the house for the break-in now even though I got the tip well after that.

Fluffy Sock

Yes, do the looting mission before the Strauss one.

phipfwe76
53 minutes ago, Fluffy Sock said:

Yes, do the looting mission before the Strauss one.

Seems to be where the issue is stemming from.

It's odd they'd put 2 side missions at the same shack with the same people knowing it could lead to confusion.

Jason

It's weird doing this mission after you've already robbed the place and killed the both of them, I had to search an empty house with all the drawers already open from my last visit lol.

Fluffy Sock

It's weird:

-That someone borrows money when he has more stashed in the house.

-To go collect a debt to a house you've looted not long before. How in hell would they pay now? You're forced to scratch the bottom of the barrel. A thing you were supposed to do before😒

Edited by Fluffy Sock

LegendarySaiyan

I have looted the house and the chest outside/under the house. I hogtied Nate instead of killing him. I am at Ch.2 and haven't got any break-in tip yet and the Strauss mission is mot available to me just yet. I am wondering what will happen when these two missions/activities are available to me later in the game.

Will I be able to loot the house not for a 2nd time, but 3rd time? 😛

AddamHusayin
16 hours ago, Jason said:

It's weird doing this mission after you've already robbed the place and killed the both of them, I had to search an empty house with all the drawers already open from my last visit lol.

What happens if you killed them before the Leopold loan shark mission? I did the mission first because I had never been there before. Didn't kill the dad only knocked him out. Sometime later I returned for the home invasion encounter and they were both alive of course and arguing. So I robbed them again. I don't think I checked every last nook and cranny the first time. It is really weird Rockstar would put two scenarios here though but cool I guess.

Jason
2 hours ago, AddamHusayin said:

What happens if you killed them before the Leopold loan shark mission? I did the mission first because I had never been there before. Didn't kill the dad only knocked him out. Sometime later I returned for the home invasion encounter and they were both alive of course and arguing. So I robbed them again. I don't think I checked every last nook and cranny the first time. It is really weird Rockstar would put two scenarios here though but cool I guess.

The house is empty, no one's there. The debt money is in a chest in one of the rooms, pretty sure the chest "resets" cause eveything else was left open from my last visit.

Hondaslayer
10 hours ago, AddamHusayin said:

You just go to an empty house and search it.

I killed him when I went to check the house out. Walked in to him arguing with his son, tried to leave but the son saw me and Dad, well, he's a stubborn bastard. Chased me clear past Rhodes, would not listen to reason, would not leave, so he died. I tried to be a nice guy and take the body back to the house at least (boy needs to know what happened to his father) but it wouldn't let me carry him.

CalgaryJay

Sorry for the bump, just got to this now and am having a similar issue..got the robbery tip late in chapter 3, but hadn't acted on it yet. I'm early in Chapter 4 now and just collected the debt from Catfish Jackson('s son), now I want to do the robbery part of it.

I found the blue chest outside but there wasn't really much in it, save for the usual satchel provisions type stuff. Am I too late now? Because its still showing up in my Log..