4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jisseikatsu

Multi Designer Project Discussion

More MDP Decisions  

16 members have voted

1. 1. (BASIC) The political theme won the vote but should the criminal theme (second most votes by far) be merged with it?

2. 2. (IN DEPTH) What should the political situation in San Andreas be?

• Each counties have their main ideology, a main rival one, and a minor rival one (if necessary)
    • San Andreas has three main political ideologies (one for each County) and each are a rival of one another
    • Stick to the classic two-party system (Republican Party and Democrat Party)
  3. 3. (BASIC) For the sake of the story, should San Andreas be an independent country from the United States or remain as a State of the USA?

• San Andreas as an independent country
    • San Andreas as a State

Jisseikatsu

There has been talk of a new multi-designer project in the Lounge and a call for a discussion topic for ideas...

So here you go... discuss.

Edited by Jisseikatsu

GKHEAT

What the heck is this?

The Odyssey

I think one of the things to keep in mind while designing the next mission pack is to ensure that a lot of the characters motives are not entirely clear at first - the characters are developed mission by mission, based off the previous missions and what happens in them. I think too often in multi designers packs the characters kinda bounce between good or bad. Lets put development into the characters and make their choices matter. It would be interesting if by the end of the project we've somewhat come to a consensus of which characters are good and bad. 

Edited by The Odyssey

ZekoX

I want a multi-designer project where is WW1. 

Shiva.

I feel like war wouldn't be such a good theme as there would be very less to contribute in terms of story (i might be wrong tho).. and gameplay , if not done right, can quickly become repetitive.  

How about a vigilante- themed (like the punisher, daredevil)  MP where the main character is just an ordinary guy/girl.. but been pushed to the point of taking the law in own hands after a tragic loss or something. Might sound like cliché but would be great if people can shape up the story as each mission progresses..

Edited by Shiva.

Doublepulse
3 hours ago, The Odyssey said:

I think one of the things to keep in mind while designing the next mission pack is to ensure that a lot of the characters motives are not entirely clear at first - the characters are developed mission by mission, based off the previous missions and what happens in them. I think too often in multi designers packs the characters kinda bounce between good or bad. Lets put development into the characters and make their choices matter. It would be interesting if by the end of the project we've somewhat come to a consensus of which characters are good and bad. 

I agree with this 100% - the idea with Storytelling in general is to not reveal everything at once and try not to make too many characters at once.

So few things I wanted to bring to discussion was to have a more than 1 “host” to help develop certain things for the MP and to keep it organized and to make sure it doesn’t fall apart. It would all be a group effort, and still encourage freedom at the same time, but the idea would be to have one host help develop the story or characters, another to help make art work, and another to be the topic host making sure things don’t fall apart. I’ve noticed with previous projects we would have a slow burn out and some inconsistencies with some stuff in the story. 

It could also be rather interesting having different side stories from different mission strands or mission givers and by the end of the MP compile it into a huge storyline.

Unlike previous MDPs, what are your guys thoughts on changing the way we design missions, instead of the traditional turn based story where we don’t know where it goes, but insteps similar to like a development team where we work on the whole project together? The project would still release as missions come out, but we would have a more collaborated effort into it. For example we wouldn’t just focus on on the mission design but the music design and art work.

These are all ideas at the moment, feel free to shoot them down or if you have better options go ahead! 😃

As for themes, I’m good with any theme, however my preference is leaning more to a modern story about illegal businesses and corrupt organizations fighting for control of the state. Something similar to Breaking Bad, Ozarks and the underworld of crime.

Jimmy_Leppard
1 hour ago, Doublepulse said:

I agree with this 100% - the idea with Storytelling in general is to not reveal everything at once and try not to make too many characters at once.

So few things I wanted to bring to discussion was to have a more than 1 “host” to help develop certain things for the MP and to keep it organized and to make sure it doesn’t fall apart. It would all be a group effort, and still encourage freedom at the same time, but the idea would be to have one host help develop the story or characters, another to help make art work, and another to be the topic host making sure things don’t fall apart. I’ve noticed with previous projects we would have a slow burn out and some inconsistencies with some stuff in the story. 

It could also be rather interesting having different side stories from different mission strands or mission givers and by the end of the MP compile it into a huge storyline.

Unlike previous MDPs, what are your guys thoughts on changing the way we design missions, instead of the traditional turn based story where we don’t know where it goes, but insteps similar to like a development team where we work on the whole project together? The project would still release as missions come out, but we would have a more collaborated effort into it. For example we wouldn’t just focus on on the mission design but the music design and art work.

These are all ideas at the moment, feel free to shoot them down or if you have better options go ahead! 😃

As for themes, I’m good with any theme, however my preference is leaning more to a modern story about illegal businesses and corrupt organizations fighting for control of the state. Something similar to Breaking Bad, Ozarks and the underworld of crime.

To be honest, this may be the only thing at this point that would make me consider briefly returning to DYOM. Before anything else, I agree with DP completely. Same goes for Odyssey. 

When we worked on Johnny Nixon Chronicles and The Tale of Jack Frazer back in the day, the main problem was organization. It's too hard for one person to keep everything in order, trust me. But what DP said would be perfect - treating a multi designer's project fully as a movie production/directing team would. Divide the process into sectors, divide people into groups and have them assigned to the sector in which they would be able to contribute the most, not have everyone do the same thing. But treat everyone equally, everyone is equally important.

A lot of problems have been present lately and I think if us, older designers, could show new people and rebels that DYOM missions can be created in unity as well through this multi designer's project, then I'm all for it. But we should have pretty much everyone involved. And I mean everyone. As many people as possible. And in that case, two things should be clear to everyone - 1. every individual in the project will have to work for the team, not for personal gain/goals and 2. whoever participates will have to work harder for this multi designer's project than they have ever worked for any of their own mission packs… if you want to do this right. Whoever has lengthy restrictions considering school, meaning they won't be present for extended periods of time should not participate because everything falls apart that easily. That's why I said everyone is equally important. If someone struggles, everyone else should help them, that way helping each other grow as designers. I would consider returning if this was the level of approach people are willing to take. Absolutely. Working with awesome designers has always been fun for me, but without people taking the work seriously, the only thing you can expect is a joke, literally and figuratively.

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard

Doublepulse
1 hour ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

To be honest, this may be the only thing at this point that would make me consider briefly returning to DYOM. Before anything else, I agree with DP completely. Same goes for Odyssey. 

When we worked on Johnny Nixon Chronicles and The Tale of Jack Frazer back in the day, the main problem was organization. It's too hard for one person to keep everything in order, trust me. But what DP said would be perfect - treating a multi designer's project fully as a movie production/directing team would. Divide the process into sectors, divide people into groups and have them assigned to the sector in which they would be able to contribute the most, not have everyone do the same thing. But treat everyone equally, everyone is equally important.

A lot of problems have been present lately and I think if us, older designers, could show new people and rebels that DYOM missions can be created in unity as well through this multi designer's project, then I'm all for it. But we should have pretty much everyone involved. And I mean everyone. As many people as possible. And in that case, two things should be clear to everyone - 1. every individual in the project will have to work for the team, not for personal gain/goals and 2. whoever participates will have to work harder for this multi designer's project than they have ever worked for any of their own mission packs… if you want to do this right. Whoever has lengthy restrictions considering school, meaning they won't be present for extended periods of time should not participate because everything falls apart that easily. That's why I said everyone is equally important. If someone struggles, everyone else should help them, that way helping each other grow as designers. I would consider returning if this was the level of approach people are willing to take. Absolutely. Working with awesome designers has always been fun for me, but without people taking the work seriously, the only thing you can expect is a joke, literally and figuratively.

To expand more on what Jimmy is saying, it would be like a game development team lol on a lighter scale of course - if you can contribute to the project that doesn’t involve actually designing the mission then feel free! 

Once we decide on the project, I would suggest having a discord channel dedicated to it. 

If the project becomes this ambitious - it could be bad ass, have multiple chapters with a strong story and music score. 

The essential team members we need would be

Graphic artist

Story writers and character creations

someone to manage the main post 

maybe bug fixing and any grammatical fixes

someome to test the missions and look for music

This will definitely be a challenge to pull off but I think we can do it with the right people! 

I havent made anything since Cold Year and LVC never got finished, but those were the two biggest ambitious projects I’ve done outside of the MDPs. I don’t think I would of been able to get it done without @leoncj - which is insane since the project was over 80 missions lasting a good 20 hours. 

Great projects don’t get made alone! 

ZekoX

I'd actually take into war story or horror story. I just love war games, same as guns. I might need a good MAPPER. So we can do good in the community.

The Half-Blood Prince

Perhaps a poll would be wisest to decide which gender everyone will want, besides other aspects of the project. 

ZekoX
23 minutes ago, The Half-Blood Prince said:

Perhaps a poll would be wisest to decide which gender everyone will want, besides other aspects of the project. 

Yep. That will be good.

GKHEAT
17 hours ago, The Half-Blood Prince said:

THBP, got a good Idea.

Jisseikatsu

Poll made.

This is just a basic poll to decide which theme should be chosen - a more in depth decision can be made later when the theme has been agreed on.

If your idea isn't in the list, vote ''Other'' and comment what you think the theme should be.

Gummy 

I think an espionage story could be nice. Setting the story in the cold war with inspirations from James Bond or so.

Jimmy_Leppard

I chose criminal theme (and its subthemes) because I feel like it's the most accessible theme to everyone, meaning that everyone will be able to contribute to and understand that theme 100%. But I was very torn between that and the modern espionage theme.

Whichever theme gets chosen in the end, I was thinking about the concept of implementing it. I know it may sound very enthusiastic and very complex at first, and I'd agree if it was a task for only one person, but since it's gonna be as many of us as possible, I was thinking this should be a GTA magnitude type of a mission pack, length-wise and story-wise. So, not like 20-30 missions, but more like 60-70 missions.

Other than that, I was thinking about making it a multi-protagonist mission pack where the main story would follow two or three character storylines, like GTA V. And the most complex thing that I think we should do, that I have never done before (because it is a very delicate thing to execute in DYOM indeed) is making it a choice driven mission pack also. But choices that actually alter the plot completely and change the mission pack's direction based on what you choose. Of course, everyone needs to understand that it means working not on one storyline, but on numerous storylines which is gonna require a lot of work and a lot of concentration to keep the stories consistent.

I have it thought out in more detail, but I'm just throwing it out there for now to see how you guys feel about it. It really is a delicate thing to execute in DYOM and if executed right, it's gonna be perfect, but if executed wrong, it will be a major failure. i'd like to hear what you guys think about the whole concept.

GKHEAT

I chose Criminal and gangbangin' theme.
Gangbanging4life XD

and, I'll make Logo and posters for the MP.

ZekoX

#Military4Life

So 1 vote... damn.

Killer_Queen_37

First of all, this is a really interesting project. This is probably the first one we have since the past few years.

Anyway, I voted for 'Political' instead of 'Criminal' since for my own opinion, the 'Criminal' theme is a bit cliché and is not that challenging to give a plot. On the other hand, the 'Political' theme will take us to a higher step, wherein, it requires political and diplomatic knowledge. Also, I'm confident that the 'Political' theme is, let's say, "twist-friendly", and that ain't your ordinary twist. However, there may be designers here who are not that interested in politics as much as we do.

All in all, I'm hoping for this project to be successful and let the camaraderie of each other prevail.

Take care.

Ragnachar

Heya there! I'm a newbie and excited to see that such projects still exist.

As far as I'm concerned, `Political` and `Criminal` ought to be the two categories to be considered (as is seen in the polls). However, 'Criminal' seems like a low-risk, mid/high-reward type of choice (although it's a cliche, a well-executed storyline could definitely still be interesting), whereas 'Political' is, in my opinion, something which has the potential to be even more interesting (due to how little it is actually represented, a.k.a unexplored potential), but also hides a huge risk in itself (harder to execute).

So, on balance, my vote goes for 'Crimical', although there's definitely huge potential in 'Political` as well.

Cheers!

Jisseikatsu

I voted political as the theme.

I believe it is a theme that can open many doors to other themes and sub-themes.

As an example, the ''Corruption'' sub-theme could open up a story arc where a politician could take bribes from a criminal organisation to speak well of them or provide them with benefits.

As another example, the ''Election Fraud'' sub-theme could open up a story arc where a politician pays a group of criminals to steal and destroy electoral ballots (kind of like what we have seen in Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories). Another idea would be letting illegal voters (non-registered voters / people who do not have yet the right to vote / people who do not have yet full citizenship) vote for a candidate (or party) that has encouraged them to do so.

Another example could be the ''Diplomacy'' sub-theme, it could open up a story arc where the political situation of San Andreas becomes too unstable and riots or a civil war break out. Another idea could be the difference in political ideas (ideologies) between the Counties of San Andreas (Red County which contains Los Santos and the small towns to its north: Dillimore, Blueberry, Montgomerry, Palomino Creek. Flint County which contains San Fierro and also Whetstone. Bone County which contains Las Venturas and also Tierra Robada. Such examples could be: chauvinism, classical liberalism, falangism, national socialism, anarchism, egalitarianism, etc. Could lead to negotiations, tensions, maybe espionage, perhaps even war between the three counties.

I'm sure the same can apply to other sub-themes of the political theme.

Obviously, the main focus would be politics since that would be the theme but its sub-themes could open up doors to multiple possibilities in terms of story arcs or side-stories.

Now to what @Jimmy_Leppard mentionned: the idea of multiple protagonists. Depending on how many sub-themes are explored (no matter what the theme ends up to be), it would probably be the best course of action. If we take a look at the criminal theme, it would make more sense to have one street thug, one corporate criminal and one person from the mafia than have one protagonist involved in all of these activities. If we take a look at the political theme, one protagonist (either the politician or someone else related him/her) involved in the election fraud story, another one involved in the corruption arc, and another one involved in the global diplomatic story would also make more sense than one politician (or person related) involved in all of these situations. Obviously, if we explore more than just two or three sub-themes for whichever theme we end up deciding on, it could open doors to four (or more) protagonists. Each of these sub-stories could end up related to one another at some point in the story too. This would also probably help in his endeavor to reach 60-70 missions (perhaps even surpass it).

As for making it a choice driven mission pack, it would be best to divide people into small teams which only focus on said sub-story. Team one would focus on sub-story one and all its branching paths (decisions), team two for sub-story two and so on.

On that note, I have added two new questions to the poll - vote and feel free to comment if you haven't yet.

Platinum Card

As of fan of written missions and storylines I'd love to see a project similar to Cold Year, Code Name Zulu, or some of Santal's projects. I like perhaps many others think that would be a great idea for a lot of the older/more experienced designers to sort of guide a lot of the new inexperienced creators in more of a thorough design process. Time for me has been a big factor in getting anything done. It happened to me when creating Brie' The Assassin (Pronounced Bree).For it to work, it has to follow along the lines of what Jimmy and Double Pulse mentioned earlier. I like the idea of having a discord but with different channels (writers channel, designers channel, ideas, etc). I'd love to participate myself but of course I can't dedicate myself at the moment as I have another project outside of dyom that I'm working on (have been for about two years now I think). I wish success and prosperity of what becomes from this. 

Jimmy_Leppard

@Jisseikatsu Collective thinking, that's what I like to see. ''Two heads are better than one'' as it goes.

You touched on some of my thought out points/ideas for the multi-protagonist and choice driven story ideas so I know we're already on the same page, at least at the beginning. But I like what you said about combining multiple themes. That crossed my mind also. Besides, GTA V's main story was founded on three independent and different themes - gangs, ''white-collar'' crime and drug market. There's no reason why we couldn't combine two or more themes, but we're gonna have to be careful what we combine as not everything can be combined.

As it seems, we might actually have to combine multiple themes. Criminal and political themes are tied in the lead by far and they go hand in hand for sure. I'm thinking something like an outlaw criminal organization getting caught up in corrupted government affairs because of their choices or something like that. It's just what crossed my mind at first when reading your post. Thing is though, politics is a delicate topic and DYOM community is a multicultural community living in different political surroundings and many might not be familiar with politics at all or politics that would apply to San Andreas. We'll have to work on that for sure.

As for the choice driven story, how I thought it could work is:

1. Everyone should understand that, for this to work and blend in seamlessly, sometimes we'll have to make very short missions or ''preludes'' to the choice missions since DYOM is limited to 100 objectives only. It will have to be done to insure there is no shortage of objectives while designing choice missions, if you understand what I'm saying.

2. When we get to each ''crossroads'' where the player will be given two or more choices which impact the story in a certain way, we'll have to split into as many teams as there are options. But, thing is, we'll have to shuffle people sooner or later. It's fine if we're talking about the first choice in the whole mission pack - let's say there's two options at the first choice point in the story, we'll have to create two teams which will work on the stories from that point on. HOWEVER, what will happen when we get to the second choice in the mission pack? Let's say the second choice has two options also, so then you have to double the storylines, meaning we'll have to split or shuffle previously split teams. You get first option - choice A, then second option - choice B. That's one team that works on it. But you also have first option - choice B and second option choice A... choice A and then A again and choice B and B again and so on. So the stories will overlap one way or another, and people with them.

It's gonna be tricky as I said at the start. It will require a lot of concentration to keep consistency such as not using the same character ID for two different characters once we split etc, even more so if we're combining themes too. Don't get me wrong, to me, that's exciting. I love a challenge, as long as everyone works as a team.

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard

The Half-Blood Prince

After the whole voting ends, I suggest we make a discord server (or even a simple section in DYOM server). It would be better to create a brain-storm and join all ideas everyone has for this project. We should put all those you guys already brought and join with new ideas that might rise with time.

Edited by The Half-Blood Prince

Doublepulse

Caught up with some of the posts on here and great minds think alike! I am all down for player choice and the possibility of having multiple characters. 

I was exactly thinking this project would be like 70-80+ missions altogether and I am down for it! 

My suggestion would be to break the storyline into multiple chapters. Red Dead Redemption 2 does this extremely well with the game having about 12-16 missions on each chapter with each chapter having the story take an interesting direction.

Since the Storyline can have about 24 missions - My suggestion would be to have about 12-14 of those missions be “main story” missions that progress the main story along with the more important major characters and the other portion for side characters and “side stories” which each chapter having about 2-3 side stories with 3-4 missions max for that side story.

The way I see the choices working is with a. outro mission to have an open ending where the choice is either made on that mission or not made just yet. 

Then based on the player choice, there will be different storylines to download based on their choice from the previous chapter. I wouldn’t over do it, but keep the choices to 2 or 3 maximum that will affect the storyline.

For example 
Mission Outro presents players with 3 choices at the end of say Chapter 1.
Choice A, Choice B, or Choice C, Player makes choice in outro.

Chapter 2:
Choice A Storyline
Choice B Storyline 
Choice C Storyline 

Each Storyline would have a few different missions that another one does not have, but generally most of them will be the same with subtle or obvious diffferences based on the players choice.

Let me know what you think!

Jisseikatsu

If we have a story branching out in multiple possibilities, I don't think there are many ways to do it.

One way would be to divide the branching in three:

-Good

-Neutral

-Bad (evil)

The other way would be to only branch out in two directions:

-Good

-Bad (evil)

Personally, I think the second option would be the best for the following reasons:

-Simpler to branch out in two different directions at the end of each chapter (or whenever the story offers a decision)

-Branching out could make the character(s) become heartless, violent, friendly, greedy, generous, open-minded, turn to despair, etc. (Psychological traits that would appear in said character(s) that would shape up the branch of the story)

-Offering events that would make sense for the character(s) to become good or evil (death of a friend by an enemy of the character's may make said character filled with anger and attempt to get revenge beyond reason) 

-Offering events that would make sense for the character(s) to continue staying good, try to become good, become evil, or become even more evil (death of a friend that is the character's fault may make said character to see the errors of his/her ways and change him/her to try to become a better person)

-The missions of one branch would offer distinct differences (and missions) compared to its counterpart

-Offers the possibility of different branch endings and a global ending for all branches

Jimmy_Leppard

I like the ideas, but there's one potential problem in my case - Storyline feature for some reason hasn't worked for me in DYOM and for that reason, I've never made a storyline, only individual missions turned into a mission pack. So, if we do take the storyline route, I'm not sure if I'm able to design any missions independently? Can an individual mission be put into a storyline manually afterwards? If so, then after I make it, someone else can manually put it into a storyline for me, but if it's not possible, then that's a problem. Just putting it out there from the start.

As for the choice aspects, I was thinking of combining the implemented styles of GTA V, GTA IV and RDR. But basically, I was thinking of dealing with choices individually and then branch out from there (but of course, thinking in advance). I had different types of choice missions in mind: While I like what DP said about having a choice missions as an outro mission in every chapter, I wasn't necessarily thinking about neither making one choice mission per chapter only nor having it at the end of the chapter, but rather in the middle of a chapter as well, some times coming out of nowhere. Here are the types of choice missions I had in mind:

1. First type: that choice type would have the player choose between two or more options on dealing with a problem he's presented with at the end of the previous mission.

Example 1: Player needs to steal something and he has two ways of going about it. Of course, we have to make two choice missions for this to cover both ways of doing it. But, in this case, both ways lead to the same storyline afterwards. So basically, the same team can work on both choice missions, we don't have to split as the main story remains the same after the choice mission, only the execution is different. But, crucial part here is, the dialogue in the future can change based on those choices, meaning that the characters can talk about what they did in the past and then refer to a certain way of dealing with such and such situation, so there we'll have to watch what they say. If they chose option A, there can't be any talks of option B stuff as it never happened and vice versa.

2. Second type: that choice type is one step above the first type as in this case, player's choice affects/changes the main story completely after the choice mission has been completed.

Example: Player needs to deal with a certain major character. He can either kill him or let him live. If the player decides to kill that major character, then we can put a spin on it such as - somewhere down the road, the player finds himself in a situation in which that major character he had previously killed could help him, but since he killed him, he needs to take a different approach because of his choice. On the other hand, a flip side spin would be - letting him live, in which case the player can now use that major character to help him in that certain situation because he's still alive.

But as I said (and I can't make that clear enough), we'll have to be extra cautious and concentrated about following which character has or hasn't died in which storyline to stay consistent. It will get confusing at times, rest assured. Even when we split into teams who will work on two or more independent storylines after each choice mission, we'll still have to very much be invested in the other team's storyline and know everything that happens there too because of possible overlapping missions/storylines, character ID usages etc.

3. Third type: that choice won't really require a separate choice mission or anything, it's just ''on-the-spot'' choice which I actually had done once in one of my mission packs. It's a choice that involves a minor character who is not important for the story afterwards. There the player can decide whether to kill him or not or choose a way how to kill him. In that case, since the character isn't important for the story later on, it doesn't matter what he chooses, everything remains the same, but it's always appealing to have a choice. This type of choice goes hand in hand with what Jisseikatsu said about ''good'' and ''bad'' aspects of choices. It can be used to expand character's personality just like in RDR.

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard

Jisseikatsu

@Jimmy_Leppard About what you said a few posts above about the political setting in San Andreas. San Andreas could be its own country independent from the United States. Now depending on the scenario and complexity of it, either we could give San Andreas two or three influencial political beliefs AND/OR each (now) States/Counties (Red County (includes Los Santos) / Flint County (includes San Fierro and Whetstone) / Bone County (includes Las Venturas and Tierra Robada) could have their own influential political ideologies and a rival ideology or two (minor or major opponent(s)). Obviously, we would have to agree on said political beliefs and make sure everyone understands them enough (as you said) so there is no confusion. Things can be kept simple but not too simple - keep things a little educative.

As for the Storyline feature, I think it can work only if the editable file is handed over to the person in charge of structuring the storyline. If the file sent is read-only (can only be played), then no - it cannot be added to the storyline. In my case, I believe we should keep to single-mission only at first to get used to such a project before we start thinking about using the Storyline feature. But if we stick to that, it would also mean someone would need to keep the editable files for the future.

As for the types of choices that can be made in the story, I believe that anything (major or minor) that involves human life should affect the player in a good or bad (evil) way - no matter what.

As an example, if a decision made by the character ultimately leads to his/her lovers' death, the character should feel guilt, feel depressed, feel anger, etc. It could be expressed through words and perhaps actions. Guilt: he/she would blame himself/herself for what happened. Depressed: he/she wouldn't be as outgoing as he/she used to be. With both of those, the character could become suicidal or go through an extremely dark period of his/her life. Anger: he/she would be more willing to kill those responsible (and associated with - innocent or not) for his/her lovers' murder - it could also develop into an obsession and/or become vengeance beyond reason. The character could also feel less willing to become friendly with people of the same sex as his/her lover in fear of the same thing happening again.

Another example - if the character decided to let someone (major or minor) live and that person ended up being useful to him/her, the character could become hesitant to kill such people in the future. This hesitation could pay off again or it could backfire. If the character was faced with a similar situation, having to decide if someone (major or minor) had to be killed or not, this could weigh in on his/her conscience (hesitation, strong will to kill, refusal, straight up murder, etc.)

In the end, if the character becomes too evil, options to let people live would disappear from the branch - only giving the option to kill them. The same would happen if the player becomes too good - only the option to let people live would be available. Obviously, this would affect what others around the character say (in the dialogues), the way they act around the character and what they think of him/her.

As an example, one person could say ''You have changed for the worst. I cannot hang around with you anymore!'' if the character becomes too evil. Another one could say ''You have become too soft! You better get your sh*t straight or else...'' if the character becomes too good.

Edited by Jisseikatsu

The Odyssey

^ It wouldn't be too hard to do either. All we need to do is rewrite some of the cutscenes depending on the players choice. Can do that in notepad or in game, and wont take too long since there is more of us working on it. 

Not sure if anyones offered yet, but I'm willing to go through the missions and fix grammatical and spelling errors. English is my first and only language so it should be pretty easy for me lol

Jisseikatsu

To go back on the first point I brought up in my previous post - if it becomes too complicated and/or people are unwilling to learn/understand, we could keep it simple by keeping to the classic two-party system (Republican Party and Democrat Party) like how it currently is.

As for your point, I guess that is something that we would need to look for - one person or a small team to check on the writing.

leoncj

How about enough with all the serious themes, we have them too many times. 

How about some good ol fashioned parody comedy theme packed with total humor, with latest memes. Like south Park. Literally all missions would be filled with high quality jokes and why have one single theme when u can have them all in one. 

And also do it in seasons. We'd first get to work on the first season, everyone get to participate in writing each episode, episodes don't need to be one mission. With the power of discord, ya all can actually discuss stuff in real time. 

Edited by leoncj