Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Did you ever come to thinking of making a movie?


zeko

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Con9mm said:

Share your scripts with me please. I enjoy reading scripts. 
I have a few movie concepts that someday I will get serious about. 

i actually moved towards writing books with horror stories. but since the script before was on a notebook, i unfortunately can't. but; i have a seperate script (story) for a movie.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
JumpingGigawatts

I have so many ideas in my head but can just never commit them to the page. My favourite was always set in the summer following the moon landings. It would be set in small town America with a growing military presence following some unexplained events. One of these events results in the death of our protagonists (12/13 years old) older brother. As he deals with his loss, his episodes of grief appear to correspond with strange attacks around the town...

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JumpingGigawatts said:

I have so many ideas in my head but can just never commit them to the page. My favourite was always set in the summer following the moon landings. It would be set in small town America with a growing military presence following some unexplained events. One of these events results in the death of our protagonists (12/13 years old) older brother. As he deals with his loss, his episodes of grief appear to correspond with strange attacks around the town...

same, though my favorite are horror stuff - i use music as motivation or simply background so i can't get bored

Link to post
Share on other sites
Zapper

Sometimes, yeah. Mostly Tarantino's movies made me feel that way - 'Hey, that's awesome. I can do something like that if I work my ass off, you betcha'. But most of the times I think of how film or TV adaptations of my favorite books would look like. Villenvue is doing Dune. Blood Meridian still didn't happen, maybe for the better. But I still want to see Vincent D'Onofrio as Judge Holden.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...
Yannerrins

Last month i been thinking about police procedural/detective show. I watch a plenty of this shows on TV and i like this genre.

 

I have an idea about the story of a former FBI agent who was shot in a special operation and suspended for health reasons. Bored, the agent (i need to think about the name) meets with his friend, the captain of the police station. The captain tells the agent about a strange case that they are investigating, and the ex-agent decides to help the detectives in this case (and some others), becoming a police consultant.

The guy who hurt agent be the main villain of the series, planning terrorist plot in city.

 

I think that GTA V Director mode actually can be useful with that, but not 100% sure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cameron Star

I've tried writing books and even scripts a couple of times. Everytime I get into a story I really like Star Wars, Stranger Things, Silent Hill etc. or even musical concepts it makes me thing "I want to make something like this" but I'm incredibly uncreative and my enthusiasm gets snuffed very quickly, usually after just a few pages after which I can't put a sentence together.

 

I've had a vague idea for a few years for a really super edgy cliche story about a young girl / boy who, a bit like Anakin, Eleven and Alessa/Heather/Cheryl from the aforementioned stories, starts as a young girl with supernatural abilities that grow with her as she becomes a hero and then a villain because it's like she wants to save the world but can't so if you can't beat them then join them or something. I want to try avoiding the cliched "hero's journey" but don't know how to go about it. I always just want to take something from everything and mash it all together even if it doesn't fit, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, space opera, real life, retro futurism.

 

I can't create characters more interesting than a handful of dirt or create a plot that isn't a mimic of anything else and being an introvert makes my dialogue as bad as "I hate sand."

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cameron Star said:

I've tried writing books and even scripts a couple of times. Everytime I get into a story I really like Star Wars, Stranger Things, Silent Hill etc. or even musical concepts it makes me thing "I want to make something like this" but I'm incredibly uncreative and my enthusiasm gets snuffed very quickly, usually after just a few pages after which I can't put a sentence together.

 

I've had a vague idea for a few years for a really super edgy cliche story about a young girl / boy who, a bit like Anakin, Eleven and Alessa/Heather/Cheryl from the aforementioned stories, starts as a young girl with supernatural abilities that grow with her as she becomes a hero and then a villain because it's like she wants to save the world but can't so if you can't beat them then join them or something. I want to try avoiding the cliched "hero's journey" but don't know how to go about it. I always just want to take something from everything and mash it all together even if it doesn't fit, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, space opera, real life, retro futurism.

 

I can't create characters more interesting than a handful of dirt or create a plot that isn't a mimic of anything else and being an introvert makes my dialogue as bad as "I hate sand."

speaking of silent hill, it has influenced my stories greatly and my growing passion towards becoming a director has been increasing over time because of my positive thoughts and "future-thinking" of my stories. 

 

a great example would be alfred hitchcock (specifically his Psycho film) which helped me establish more suspense in a story. 

 

symbolism is also a great factor, and this is where silent hill influences my stories. i began to study mythology due to personal interest after reading much of silent hill symbolism, which has mythology used as to represent something in the games. (the cult, specifically). 

 

inspiration is what really makes up a story in my sense, and if we're looking for movie direction it's the same factor and study, in general. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cameron Star
1 hour ago, zeko said:

speaking of silent hill, it has influenced my stories greatly and my growing passion towards becoming a director has been increasing over time because of my positive thoughts and "future-thinking" of my stories. 

 

a great example would be alfred hitchcock (specifically his Psycho film) which helped me establish more suspense in a story. 

 

symbolism is also a great factor, and this is where silent hill influences my stories. i began to study mythology due to personal interest after reading much of silent hill symbolism, which has mythology used as to represent something in the games. (the cult, specifically). 

 

inspiration is what really makes up a story in my sense, and if we're looking for movie direction it's the same factor and study, in general. 

Yes, you can't make anything without inspiration from anything. I have a tendency to overthink things so I worry about copying too much and not putting my own mark on it, but there are lots of things out there that are obviously lifted from something else and it still feels individual through its own take and style.

 

The occult is something I've always wanted to incorporate but I also want to do sci-fi so I'm trying to find a way to put both elements in that feels natural. Interplanetary travel and satanic rituals are very different lol. I love Silent Hill for its subtlety and ambiguity and psychological fear rather than showing you the goriest and toothiest monster at every possible moment. That's how I want to make my stories even if it's not horror. "Show, not tell" kind of thing.

Edited by Cameron Star
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cameron Star said:

Yes, you can't make anything without inspiration from anything. I have a tendency to overthink things so I worry about copying too much and not putting my own mark on it, but there are lots of things out there that are obviously lifted from something else and it still feels individual through its own take and style.

 

The occult is something I've always wanted to incorporate but I also want to do sci-fi so I'm trying to find a way to put both elements in that feels natural. Interplanetary travel and satanic rituals are very different lol. I love Silent Hill for its subtlety and ambiguity and psychological fear rather than showing you the goriest and toothiest monster at every possible moment. That's how I want to make my stories even if it's not horror.

what i understood in silent hill that it's intentions are not to be scary at all. the developers aimed for psychological effects on the characters (such as James) and how they travel through their past memories with the power of the town itself. it does not aim to kill you necessarily, but what it aims for is your psychological reflections to be portrayed through the use of its power. 

 

i do overthink as well especially how it will play out when the story is displayed in the public, and keep distance from negative reviews as it demotivates me - however criticism should be taken into account greatly, which is room for improvement. 

 

speaking of copying, i do worry for that as well but as you've said it - it's true. it's a repeating process and if it's incorporated too much not only it's copying but also pretty boring as its interest would be long gone. 

 

cults vary but I'll speak about the silent hill one, as it takes inspiration from different religions (such as early Christianity) and it incorporates its own elements which primarily focuses onto the girl (Alessa) which also means defender, possibly representing the first game overall. 

 

not only that, but the entries also symbolise each title (for example, silent hill 2 would be yin & yang) etc. 

 

deep meaning in a story makes it even more interesting and understandable, and that's where silent hill had achieved it. 

 

there's also a reference to Ernest Hemingway. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mister Pink
On 12/20/2020 at 9:11 PM, Cameron Star said:

Yes, you can't make anything without inspiration from anything. I have a tendency to overthink things so I worry about copying too much and not putting my own mark on it, but there are lots of things out there that are obviously lifted from something else and it still feels individual through its own take and style.

I had this issue too, for years, but thankfully got over it. Paralysis by analysis. Over thinking it and trying very hard to remain original. However, as I embraced inspiration, my creative output has improved vastly. It might be something simple as copying a colour grade. A colour grade is nothing by itself. It has to compliment something. And that something will depend on the creator. So lifting elements for inspiration, I find is perfectly acceptable. It's not the same as trying to pawn someone else's idea off as your own. More so, it's filling your head with the right influences that makes the outcome interesting and creative. As you rightly said, it still feels individual through it's own take and style. And even if the source of inspiration is apparent, it's going to be usually nice for the receiver/audience to recognise the source inspiration and then to someone unfamiliar with the source of inspiration, it will just seem brand new. 

 

One an another note...

 

I've written and directed by first short film this year. I'm quite proud of the achievement in doing so. It's a real challenge.  It's still in post-production. I spent so much time drafting the script, trying to organize locations, manage the actors, manage sound, lighting etc that I haven't rushed to edit it yet. I'm just glad to have shot it. I think I want some time to pass before I approach it again. 

 

Thankfully I got a relatively well-known actor too. Well, he's well known for playing a tiny role on a big comedy show in 90's, but his role was memorable. Not everyone would know his name but they would immediately know his face. It's all self-funded and there were plenty of mistakes made and lessons learned but overall, a good experience. 

 

I think the best kind of advice is the advice I've heard many others say before me. Just do it. Don't listen to anyone that puts doubt in your plan without offering a solution to the doubt. And when you start doing your project and people see the work you put in, it inspires those around you. And people then want to be apart of your thing. It also helps to keep the company of positive and ambitious people around you. God knows there are so many moaners and complainers: people that will drag you down. Cut them out of your life. 

 

Also, set dates. I've been asked by a writer for a non-paid role in being cameraman/cinematographer for his first short. He never set dates. Or he did, and he didn't get it done in time. So, I tried to give him friendly advice, since we original spoke, I wrote and shot my short film. He was trying to get all cast and crew, then decide on a date that suits everyone. This is pointless. If people want to be a part of your project, you set the date and get people that are willing to work on those dates. You'll never shoot when trying to get 7 people, working for free all to agree on a spare day. 

 

Like Jim Morrison in Wayne's World says. If you book them, they will come. If you got a date and a location and it's at least more than a month away. People can find the time to pen it in. But if you come at them with some vague sense of a date and no location. Then nobody is going to take you seriously. 

 

 

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
éX-Driver

I’ve wanted to make some form of quasi-western survival indie flick for a while. Minimal script, minimal dialogue. Follows a man stranded in the southern African savanna in the 1870s as he tries to survive and make it back to civilisation. Basically film the scenes first [with the actor trying to actually hunt wild animals in period costume and with period weaponry, build an actual shelter, and so on], and then write the script around what he does and does not manage to do. Basically the same sort of cinematography techniques as used in the original Blair Witch Project, but with a different genre. 
A real showcase of the wonder and danger of the remote African bush.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mister Pink
5 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

I’ve wanted to make some form of quasi-western survival indie flick for a while. Minimal script, minimal dialogue. Follows a man stranded in the southern African savanna in the 1870s as he tries to survive and make it back to civilisation. Basically film the scenes first [with the actor trying to actually hunt wild animals in period costume and with period weaponry, build an actual shelter, and so on], and then write the script around what he does and does not manage to do. Basically the same sort of cinematography techniques as used in the original Blair Witch Project, but with a different genre. 
A real showcase of the wonder and danger of the remote African bush.

 

That's a really solid idea. You should write script for that. Even though the dialogue won't really be there much I loved the sound of it immediately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.