2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
gta3rookie

help on planning how to optimize exploit at the beginning of drive-by

gta3rookie

Hello guys 🖖,

So drive-by is the next Sweet mission available in my game. :cool:

I read about the exploit with no wanted level before entering the car and completing the mission. If -and only if- it doesnt count as a cheat, I'd like to use this to get the collectibles still missing (35 oysters -already have 15 from LS - and 50 snapshots) out of the way. Also, I might pick up some of the heavy weapons (minigun, HSRPG) from locked areas. I suppose the barriers to SF and LV will still be active, so I guess - since I suck at flying-  I must jump over the water with an NRG, right? 🤔

I don't plan to get any vehicles on the tour, Patriot can be obtained from firefighter anytime and the way I see it Rhino tank must be deserved after reaching 100% completion and not before...Am I missing something here? Please feel free to correct and suggest which vehicles you would consider worth getting. Or, for that matter, any other useful stuff you would include in your plan during the exploit...

Hope you can help me improve my plan, thanks in advance :cookie: :blink:

lil weasel

The RHINO is available, after "Flying School".

Exploits, I do not consider that cheating as it is part of the regular game.

I do it when the Gangs meet at the Jefferson Motel, I do not Enter until after doing all the odd bits.

gta3rookie
27 minutes ago, lil weasel said:

The RHINO is available, after "Flying School".

Exploits, I do not consider that cheating as it is part of the regular game.

I do it when the Gangs meet at the Jefferson Motel, I do not Enter until after doing all the odd bits.

Thanks for the feedback :^:, but as I said, I don't want the Rhino until I deserve it (i.e. after 100% completion).

OK, so, for the moment, my plan looks like this:

- start drive-by mission without entering Sweet's car

- take the NRG I have in the Ganton garage and drive to the spot where I can jump over the water towards SF and/or LV (still must google which spots to jump from specifically)

- then get the missing oysters and all snapshots

- then grab minigun, HSRPG and combat shotgun (possibly in different spots where they spawn to increase ammo)...

- last get any vehicle or do any useful stuff (suggestions are welcome which :D). 

- return to LS and finish drive-by (my preference would be with sniper rifle if doable)...

Am I forgetting something or is there a flaw in the plan somewhere (might well be, since I am new to SA)? 🤔

Beg_Ultra

Yes, like lil weasel says you can't obtain a Rhino during Drive-by, it's available much later in the game. So, even if you want it, you can't have it before Flying School.

And, it's not cheating to use these missions to go to the restricted areas. I mean, it's a regular feature of the game. So, officially, it's not cheating. What you think about it, is another storry (for example, I don't use the undrowning glitch at all, because to me it feels like cheating. I don't use any glitches for my advantage actually, only the things that I personally see as features, not glitches). Personally, I never ever visited the restricted areas during the missions, not even once (and I've played the game to 100% at least 4-5 times, the latest one being currently played, now arround 96%). I don't see it as a cheating, to me it's not a glitch but a feature, it's just that I personally don't use it. I do it in 2 ways: 1)finish it all (13,37%) at the very beginning of the game, before the first mission, while having 4 star wanted level, or 2)simply playing the game in proper order, and doing it all once given area isn't restricted anymore.

About the vehicles, are you talking only about the vehicles you mentioned (Rhino, Patriot), or generally which rare vehicles can be obtained early in the game? Ok, based on your second post I assume you're talking about all early rare vehicles. First, about your plan. Jumping from LS to SF is very easy, you can jump using pretty much any vehicle, literally any car will do. Maybe only trucks or a tractor couldn't do it, but anything with decent speed can do it, just jump from the right side of the bridge. When it comes to jumping to LV, things get more difficult. You can jump using NRG-500, once you get some experience it won't be that difficult, but as a beginner it will be very difficult, because you probably won't be able to get max speed, and more important you won't be able to hit the exact spot for taking off and landing.

Regarding the vehicles, what you can do without an undrowning glitch, is bring Bullet from SF, or SF Police car. Other than that, there is a Quadbike, Monster with normal paintjob, and my favour - Bandito, which is so so damn close to make it and jump over the hill next to the bridge from SF to LS, but still I was never able to do it, it always fell into the water....on Youtube, there is not a single video of it being brought to LS without undrowning it, but someone on this forum said they've done it (I think it was OrionSR but not sure), I was doing an investigation many times and trying it a lot, but still was never able to do it. Anyways, I think that's all from SF about rare cars. In LV, you can take Turismo, Sandking LV Police car and Patriot, which can be brought to LS using the jump over the LV bridge (I always obtain my "beginning Patriot" that way because obtaining it using the Firefighter mission would change the stats, while I care a lot about the stats, hence my stats for Firefighter missions must stay 12/78 (Level 12, vehicles 78), I consider it as "Perfect stats"). Btw, SF and LV Police cars can also be obtained easier, in LS. Other than that, you can obtain Hustler, Romero, Barracks, I think that's all (first 2 you can also obtain using Vigilante missions, and Barracks I think requires undrowning, it's theoretically possible to bring it to LS over the bridge but the police chasing you under 4 stars makes it literally impossible. I still need to do more investigation about this, because if there is any chance Barracks can be obtained "legally", without undrowning, at the very beginning, then I wanna do it). I think that's all when it comes to vehicles. There are also the planes: Hydra, Rustler, Leviathan, Cargobob, Stuntplane etc, but I doubt your current level is that much advanced. And yes, there is one more obtainable vehicle, which is a Seasparrow, on the North of the map, above the desert airstrip, that one can be saved on top of Mulholland save house (just to make it clear, ONLY the Seasparrow can be saved there, no ANY other aircraft (apart from Sparrow which is not available at the beginning of the game so it doesn't matter anyway)

Edited by Beg_Ultra

gta3rookie
8 minutes ago, Beg_Ultra said:

Yes, like lil weasel says you can't obtain a Rhino during Drive-by, it's available much later in the game. So, even if you want it, you can't have it before Flying School.

And, it's not cheating to use these missions to go to the restricted areas. I mean, it's a regular feature of the game. So, officially, it's not cheating.

Thanks,glad to hear that and also many thanks for your very detailed answer on rare vehicles. This will be a great help making my choice :^:. As for the NRG jumps, I may be a newbie but knowing that I took a long time at the beginning of the game to actually improve my driving skills to the max (at least as far as cycling, bikes and cars are concerned)...I still suck at flying but I hope I will manage that too eventually :turn: Currently viewing the great material provided by Rubregg, OrionSR, PDEscobar,  zmoonchild, lil weasel and so many others (sorry if I didn't mention all, I am slow screening through these hugely useful resources). Thanks again, I really appreciate :D