3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ring Dang Do

Stolen Hats/Found Hats

Ring Dang Do

I could start to add found hats onto the list as well if you want? Was trying to keep them seperate at the start to focus on the stolen hats but we seem to have most of them now.

Cutter De Blanc

Picked up the miner hat, my coworker will be happy to know theres a hat with a lamp on it that can be saved

Drake713
2 hours ago, Ring Dang Do said:

Which ones then? Moonshine hat instead of moonshiners hat and the raccoon pelt hat? I went to the effort to include pictures of these hats which show their correct names in the pictures 

You are right, you did include the pictures with the correct names shown, which then makes all the mistakes all the more baffling and easy to correct...

But yes, I can point each one out specifically if you need me to, sec and I'll make a list

Drake713

Ok, so just correcting the ones with pictures showing the correct names...

Military Forage Cap

Moonshine Hat (no R)

Western Homburg Hat (a previous commentor in this thread could not find this hat in the list because of the misspelling)

Classic Raccoon Mountain Hat

Military Mountie Hat

Homburg Hat

Derby High Hat

Newsboy Cap

And then you really don't seem to like the possessive 's, a smaller error to be sure but you did it correctly for Workman's Flat Cap, so why not all of them?

Military Officer's Hat

Conductor's Hat

Plantation Gambler's Hat

Farmer's Hat

Edited by Drake713
Added Newsboy Cap

Drake713
On 12/20/2018 at 3:26 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

What about the found hats? How many are there of those? I have the Tricorn hat, the Scarecrow Hat,  the Scarecrow Top Hat, and the Nevada Hat in that list.  I know there's a viking helmet, I don't know where it is, are there others?

The consensus is 11 Found hats plus an extra 3 "Owned Hats" that are not bought, Enzyme77 includes all the currently known hats in this video description:

Which stands at 39 Stolen, 11 Found, 3 non-bought "Owned Hats"

Keep in mind; your ingame numbers should be these numbers +1 because "no hat" for some reason counts as one

Edited by Drake713
Finally unlocked edit ability :D

Drake713

Just for completion sake, here they are listed alphabetically:

39 Stolen:
Bag Hat
Boater Hat
Bolero Hat
Bucket Hat
Cattleman Hat
Conductor's Hat
Crown Bucket Hat
Cutter Hat
Derby High Hat
Farmer's Hat
Fisherman's Hat
Flop Hat
Gambler's Hat
Gaucho Hat
High Hat
Homburg Hat
Jipijapa Panama Hat
Liberty Hat
Military Cavalry Hat
Military Forage Cap
Military Mountie Hat
Military Officer's Hat
Moonshine Hat
Newsboy Cap
Panama Fedora Hat
Pinned Flop Hat
Plantation Gambler's Hat
Roanoke Hat
Rodeo Hat
Slouch Bucket Hat
Straw Boater Hat
Straw Hat
Sun Hat
Western Homburg Hat
Wide Slouch Hat
Workman's Flat Cap
Worn Flop Hat
Worn Stovepipe Top Hat

11 Found:
Chinese Skull Cap
Civil War Hardee Hat
Miner's Helmet
Morion Helmet
Nevada Hat
Scarecrow Derby Hat
Scarecrow Hat
Scarecrow Sombrero
Scarecrow Top Hat
Tricon Hat
Viking Helmet

3 Non-Bought "Owned"
Exotic Hat
John's Gambler Hat
Worn Flat Cap

Keep in mind; your ingame numbers should be these numbers +1 because "no hat" for some reason counts as one

Edited by Drake713
Formatting

Drake713

I went over Hect0rlo's list (https://imgur.com/a/SB1fHdM) and it agrees with the one I posted.

Edited by Drake713
Dun worry about it >.>

Venosama
10 hours ago, Drake713 said:

39 Stolen:
Bag Hat
Boater Hat
Bolero Hat
Bucket Hat
Cattleman Hat
Conductor's Hat
Crown Bucket Hat
Cutter Hat
Derby High Hat
Farmer's Hat
Fisherman's Hat
Flop Hat
Gambler's Hat
Gaucho Hat
High Hat
Homburg Hat
Jipijapa Panama Hat
Liberty Hat
Military Cavalry Hat
Military Forage Cap
Military Mountie Hat
Military Officer's Hat
Moonshine Hat
Newsboy Cap
Panama Fedora Hat
Pinned Flop Hat
Plantation Gambler's Hat
Roanoke Hat
Rodeo Hat
Slouch Bucket Hat
Straw Boater Hat
Straw Hat
Sun Hat
Western Homburg Hat
Wide Slouch Hat
Workman's Flat Cap
Worn Flop Hat
Worn Stovepipe Top Hat

11 Found:
Chinese Skull Cap
Civil War Hardee Hat
Miner's Helmet
Morion Helmet
Nevada Hat
Scarecrow Derby Hat
Scarecrow Hat
Scarecrow Sombrero
Scarecrow Top Hat
Tricon Hat
Viking Helmet

3 Non-Bought "Owned"
Exotic Hat
John's Gambler Hat
Worn Flat Cap

@[email protected] worn flat cap , where is it bro ??

Drake713
On 12/11/2018 at 11:41 AM, Hect0rlo said:

It's a Flat Cap that John wears during the Epiloge - Part 1, you have to swap it for another hat and the pick it up again. You can actually purchase a "Worn Flat Cap" from any store but John's cap is a unique and missable color.

DrDetroit

Really wish I could save the unique tan sheriff hat in sp and RDO that I have to pick off a dead sheriff - different fron the tan one the bounty hunters have.

One of the sheriff's hat has a deep purple lining that can't be purchase. Perfect size with unique band as well.

Anyone know the name by chance or if anyone able to save in sp/rdo?  Didn't see it in the above lists. 

Thanks and good day!

DrDetroit

GroveStGTAV
14 hours ago, Drake713 said:

39 Stolen:
Bag Hat
Boater Hat
Bolero Hat
Bucket Hat
Cattleman Hat
Conductor's Hat
Crown Bucket Hat
Cutter Hat
Derby High Hat
Farmer's Hat
Fisherman's Hat
Flop Hat
Gambler's Hat
Gaucho Hat
High Hat
Homburg Hat
Jipijapa Panama Hat
Liberty Hat
Military Cavalry Hat
Military Forage Cap
Military Mountie Hat
Military Officer's Hat
Moonshine Hat
Newsboy Cap
Panama Fedora Hat
Pinned Flop Hat
Plantation Gambler's Hat
Roanoke Hat
Rodeo Hat
Slouch Bucket Hat
Straw Boater Hat
Straw Hat
Sun Hat
Western Homburg Hat
Wide Slouch Hat
Workman's Flat Cap
Worn Flop Hat
Worn Stovepipe Top Hat

11 Found:
Chinese Skull Cap
Civil War Hardee Hat
Miner's Helmet
Morion Helmet
Nevada Hat
Scarecrow Derby Hat
Scarecrow Hat
Scarecrow Sombrero
Scarecrow Top Hat
Tricon Hat
Viking Helmet

3 Non-Bought "Owned"
Exotic Hat
John's Gambler Hat
Worn Flat Cap

Which ones are missable if it is full list

Cutter De Blanc

Scarecrow Sombrero, huh? might have to look for that. I've liked the Scarecrow hats I've seen so far

Geez, it's not even at a farm, I would have never found it

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Nebulous112
4 hours ago, GroveStGTAV said:

Which ones are missable if it is full list

To the best of my knowledge:

Stolen

- Bucket Hat (I have read in this thread that the people at the lumberyard in Strawberry eventually move on, but I haven’t confirmed myself. I got it in Chapter 2)

- Classic Racoon Mountain Hat (I have read that if you don’t get it the first time from the guy in the saloon, then next time the hat is not saveable. Not sure if the person meant first time you fight him or first time you see him.)

- Fisherman’s Hat (I’ve read that if you finish the last Legendary Fish mission — catching the last fish with Gill — and didn’t grab the hat, you are out of luck)

- Liberty Hat (Has only been found in the one mission so far)

- Newsboy Cap (Not 100% if it is missable — I seem to remember a report of someone finding it in the wild outside of the two missions listed in the OP, but I can’t find it now. Better to grab it in those missions just to be safe).

- Sun Hat (Only available in Chapter 5)

- [Honourable Mention] Military Officer’s Hat and Military Forage Cap (Looks like OP has found a Lemoynr Raiders spawn point in St. Denis late in the game, but it seems like it would be a pain. Try and get these on the raiders before the end of Chapter 3.)

Non-Bought “Owned”

- John’s Gambler Hat (Epilogue, in free roam at a certain point the Player Character spawns with the hat on, get the hat knocked off and pick it up before starting the next mission)

- Worn Flat Cap [unique colour] (Epilogue, in free roam at a certain point the Player Character spawns with the hat on, get the hat knocked off and pick it up before starting the next mission)

Nebulous112
22 hours ago, Ring Dang Do said:

I could start to add found hats onto the list as well if you want? Was trying to keep them seperate at the start to focus on the stolen hats but we seem to have most of them now.

That would be awesome! It would be great to have all the info in one place, especially for all the new folks that will be getting the game over the holidays. :)

If you could add the unique colour Worn Flat Cap as well, that would be great. I also really like the above poster’s list with the three sections, and all the exact names. It would probably help more folks find the list when Googling.

Anyway, you’re definitely helping out a lot of folks with this thread, OP. Gotta be worth a big honour increase IRL, lol.

Cutter De Blanc

What's up with the patches of purple on this scarecrow sombrero? This hat would be badass if it didn't look like a lavender bush took a sh*t on it

Nebulous112
1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

What's up with the patches of purple on this scarecrow sombrero? This hat would be badass if it didn't look like a lavender bush took a sh*t on it

That’s a mesh error, I believe. It’s a bug. Should probably be reported, actually.

Cutter De Blanc
2 minutes ago, Nebulous112 said:

That’s a mesh error, I believe. It’s a bug. Should probably be reported, actually.

I would, but Rockstar would suggest I turn my console off and clear the cache to fix it, f*ck Rockstar support

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Darealbandicoot
2 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I would, but Rockstar would suggest I turn my console off and clear the cache to fix it, f*ck Rockstar support

I contacted them about the home comforts trophy and explained AND gave them video proof that it WOULDN'T unlock unless I spent 30 gold bars and $300. They replied with "There is not enough evidence in the video, please submit a video with the required evidence via link to - bla bla bla so we can analyse" Then told me to send feedback to the Red Dead Online devs and closed the ticket. Then I lost my sh*t because this is the SECOND time this month I contacted them and both times they are clueless idiots. Moral of the story: Rockstar support are DOGsh*t. OT I know, but back to the hats, does anyone think they will fix the purple c*m stains on it or will it be ignored like with GTA V.

Edited by Darealbandicoot

lol232

Is there another way to get the Bucket Hat? It is true that the people from the lumberyard move on.

Why didn't anyone mark it as missable earlier :/

Edited by lol232

Drake713
9 hours ago, Nebulous112 said:

- Liberty Hat (Has only been found in the one mission so far)

It can actually be found in two missions; I got mine in "An American Pastoral Scene" with Micah

The specific spot is from the guards riding with the stagecoach

Edited by Drake713

Ring Dang Do
1 hour ago, Darealbandicoot said:

I contacted them about the home comforts trophy and explained AND gave them video proof that it WOULDN'T unlock unless I spent 30 gold bars and $300. They replied with "There is not enough evidence in the video, please submit a video with the required evidence via link to - bla bla bla so we can analyse" Then told me to send feedback to the Red Dead Online devs and closed the ticket. Then I lost my sh*t because this is the SECOND time this month I contacted them and both times they are clueless idiots. Moral of the story: Rockstar support are DOGsh*t. OT I know, but back to the hats, does anyone think they will fix the purple c*m stains on it or will it be ignored like with GTA V.

I guess if enough people make tickets about it then the higher up the priority ladder it will go and then might have a chance of being fixed...so send those tickets.

Drake713
34 minutes ago, lol232 said:

Is there another way to get the Bucket Hat? It is true that the people from the lumberyard move on.

No one has found it anywhere else yet, it is the only one I'm missing as well

Ring Dang Do
36 minutes ago, lol232 said:

As far as I'm aware it hasn't been found anywhere else yet. Not sure if there are any other lumber yards in the world at the end of the game? Updated OP just incase with missable tag just incase

3 minutes ago, Drake713 said:

It can actually be found in two missions; I got mine in "An American Pastoral Scene" with Micah

Good to know! Will update with new info thanks 

Edited by Ring Dang Do

Drake713
17 minutes ago, Ring Dang Do said:

Good to know! Will update with new info thanks 

Please fix these too

On 12/20/2018 at 5:49 PM, Drake713 said:

Ok, so just correcting the ones with pictures showing the correct names...

Military Forage Cap

Moonshine Hat (no R)

Western Homburg Hat (a previous commentor in this thread could not find this hat in the list because of the misspelling)

Military Mountie Hat

Homburg Hat

Derby High Hat

Newsboy Cap

And then you really don't seem to like the possessive 's, a smaller error to be sure but you did it correctly for Workman's Flat Cap, so why not all of them?

Military Officer's Hat

Conductor's Hat

Plantation Gambler's Hat

Farmer's Hat

Oh and you have 2x #38s and no #37 in the list

36. Liberty Hat (missable)
38. Workman's Flat Cap
38. Worn Flop Hat

Also would love to see em sorted, but I'm just OCD like that

Edited by Drake713

Ring Dang Do
50 minutes ago, Drake713 said:

Please fix these too.

The list is a bit all over the place because it was a live list when being made rather than just a copy and paste from someone else, so it was constantly being updated. The order of the list is kinda the order that they were discovered in which is why there is no uniform to it. There was a previous stolen Hats thread I made before this one but I deleted it because once I started moving the hats around it started to randomly change font size and colour so I stopped and made a new thread.

Countless hours were spent by people in this thread myself included, going around knocking every single npc hat off to see if we could steal them. Hell I even shot and killed the sailor who drops you off at the end of chapter 5 to see if I could steal his hat but sadly it wasn't savable, he did have a newspaper clipping on him though and I still feel bad about it today ha.

If you had followed the thread from the start there wasn't any pictures so getting the names correct was crucial and mistakes were made. That is why I then decided that the best thing was to just include the pictures of the hats with their actual real name included in the picture to stop any confusion.

The whole thread has been done on my phone as I don't have a computer and it's been pretty time consuming. You can blame my fat fingers for bashing the wrong buttons for the spelling mistakes. To be honest you ticked me off the wrong way when you came in making demands without making any contribution or even a tip of the hat to people in this thread that helped make it. You seem to be getting involved now though which is good so I will update the OP with correct spelling.

Edited by Ring Dang Do

Drake713
3 minutes ago, Ring Dang Do said:

To be honest you ticked me off the wrong way when you came in making demands without making any contribution or even a tip of the hat to people in this thread that helped make it. You seem to be getting involved now though which is good so I will update the OP with correct spelling.

You seem to forget that your list didn't have the Derby High Hat before I came into the thread.

Only after that did I suggest a clean up, something that often happens after the process you just described.

To be honest, your attitude that I made demands and did not contribute anything also ticked me off

Ring Dang Do
1 minute ago, Drake713 said:

You seem to forget that your list didn't have the Derby High Hat before I came into the thread.

Only after that did I suggest a clean up, something that often happens after the process you just described.

To be honest, your attitude that I made demands and did not contribute anything also ticked me off

Well looks like we both ticked each other off so let's reverse that and untick it now. Apologies 

Drake713
Just now, Ring Dang Do said:

Well looks like we both ticked each other off so let's reverse that and untick it now. Apologies 

Fair enough, I'm sorry too

Drake713

In the spirit of additional locations...

Moonshine Hat & Flop Hat - can also be found at Butcher's Creek, a little easier at this location imo since there are no bounties here
High Hat - I got mine from the Rare Shotgun Hermit, dunno if that is random or not
Bag Hat - also found around the Rhodes Station, specifically the NPC off by the lumber pile on the South end of the platform

Cattleman Hat / Cutter Hat / Rodeo Hat - can all spawn anywhere a "Rancher" NPC can spawn; Emmet Granger's Pig Farm, Thomas Downes's Ranch, Mr. Wróbel's Painted Sky Ranch, Hill Haven Ranch, around certain Stables, etc but imo the best place is that Ranch NW of Emerald Station... Pjuthrie Farm? I can't read cursive very well, reason being is that you can get at least 3 chances at a hat you need with each reload of that spot compared to only 1 chance at the other locations

And the specific spot for the Liberty Hat during "An American Pastoral Scene" is from the guards riding with the stagecoach, got it on my first attempt which I then screwed up and had to reload ~6 times to get it to show up again

Edited by Drake713

Ring Dang Do

Think it must be random as I'm almost sure he didn't have the High Hat when I stole the shotgun from him. I never killed him though so I guess I could go back and check. Would be much easier to get it from him than van horn if it isn't random.

I actually found the hats in Butchers Creek harder to get because of those damn goats knocking you over and then the whole place trying to kill you when you're trying to pick up a hat 😂. I guess if you play with bad honour then it won't matter since you can just shoot the place up and it will be easier.