Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Stolen Hats/Found Hats


Ring Dang Do

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, kasa said:

Anyone knows how to get a confederacy hat? 

idk what confederacy hat youre talking about but you cant get union army hats off of the lemoyne raiders you can keep

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tismo74 said:

So the only way to get these hats is to become a lunatic mass murderer. I like staying an honorable Arthur. 

I don't believe this is entirely correct, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe you can knock people out for most of these. Now trying to do that to say,  a Lemoyne Raider might be hard but i think its possible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 4:40 AM, tismo74 said:

So the only way to get these hats is to become a lunatic mass murderer. I like staying an honorable Arthur. 

All you have to do is run at someone with your lasso out and tackle them to the ground and their hat should fall off. If it doesn't then hogtie them and lift them up, when you lift them up their hat will fall off.

 

Guess if you're a good shot you could try shooting it off as well.

On 11/25/2018 at 9:26 PM, kasa said:

Anyone knows how to get a confederacy hat? 

The lemoye raiders have the confederate looking hats 

Edited by Ring Dang Do
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the travellers around strawberry the only way to get the gaucho hat? I tried for hours and never saw it. Can it be found elsewhere? They really need to let us keep any hat. There’s two awesome hats at flatneck station poker table that I would like to have.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 8:02 AM, Ring Dang Do said:

Just pick them up and they will automatically save to your wardrobe under the stolen hats section

Mine must be glitching out because I've picked up several of these, but none of them ever show in my wardrobe inventory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

Mine must be glitching out because I've picked up several of these, but none of them ever show in my wardrobe inventory.

Then you're not picking the right hats man.

They have to shine when you see them on the floor, and they are saved in your wardrobe as soon as you put them on.

Check the stolen hats tab of your wardrobe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ZB 512 said:

How do you get the stolen hats added to your inventory?  Do you just have to put them on and then drop them?

Not every hat can be stolen and saved. The only stolen hats that can be saved are the ones that will be flashing on the ground after being knocked off an npc. These hats will flash without using your eagle vision.

 

Simply pick the hat up and it will automatically save to your wardrobe under the 'stolen hats' section.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RedDadRedemption said:

What does the fishermans hat look like? 

 I don't have it myself but I think it's the same hat that Jeremy Gill has who gives you the fishing quest. Just make sure you pick it up on the last mission otherwise you miss it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I love this game not letting you keep whatever hat you find is stupid. If you steal a hat in real life and bring it home then you can have it on your hat rack as long as you want so why not here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, woggleman said:

As much as I love this game not letting you keep whatever hat you find is stupid. If you steal a hat in real life and bring it home then you can have it on your hat rack as long as you want so why not here?

Hope rockstar updates this for the future and let us keep more hats 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In a mainstory mission with Sadie in epilogue they chase down a wanted man who was captured by another bounty hunter, the hat of the hunter is unique, it's a different color scheme of the hard earned exotic hat. Sadie even has lines about his hat.

 

it took me some efforts to have my hands on it( because it disappears if you kill the wearer too far away), only to find out that it is not a collectible... Come on! Rockstar!  This is antihuman.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, woggleman said:

As much as I love this game not letting you keep whatever hat you find is stupid. If you steal a hat in real life and bring it home then you can have it on your hat rack as long as you want so why not here?

In some of the preview it was said that the player could take any hat from the ground and that it would save it/become the main hat if kept on long enough.

Edited by anthony
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the names in the list are inaccurate, or both versions exist, im not sure, so I list them out

In my wardrobe I have:

Military Forage Cap rather than Army Forage Hat

Moonshine Hat rather than Moonshiners Hat

Worn Stovepipe Top Hat rather than Stovepipe Hat

and also Classic Racoon Mountain Hat..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lieko said:

Some of the names in the list are inaccurate, or both versions exist, im not sure, so I list them out

In my wardrobe I have:

Military Forage Cap rather than Army Forage Hat

Moonshine Hat rather than Moonshiners Hat

Worn Stovepipe Top Hat rather than Stovepipe Hat

and also Classic Racoon Mountain Hat..

 

I will check the list tonight and update it so there's no confusion between Moonshiners hat and Moonshine hat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 1:20 PM, KarmaOutlaw said:

Then you're not picking the right hats man.

They have to shine when you see them on the floor, and they are saved in your wardrobe as soon as you put them on.

Check the stolen hats tab of your wardrobe.

Oh yes, they definitely shine.  Have that nice little white shimmer that flashes across like it's a polished boot gleaning in the sun.  Yes, I've picked up many of those.  Still nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 10:37 PM, ibsmokin said:

Is the travellers around strawberry the only way to get the gaucho hat? I tried for hours and never saw it. Can it be found elsewhere? They really need to let us keep any hat. There’s two awesome hats at flatneck station poker table that I would like to have.  

No, I got mine during the side mission in rhodes where you go get the doctor’s carriage back.  One of the horsemen on the way back was wearing it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hect0rlo said:

Just picked Johns Gambler Hat, i don't know if it's missable but it isn't saved in the Stolen or Found sections.

So it didn't save at all? Did you try doing what was suggested? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ring Dang Do said:

So it didn't save at all? Did you try doing what was suggested? 

It was saved but in the "normal" (or whatever it's called) first section of the Hats menu. It's not considered a "Stolen" or "Found" hat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Hect0rlo said:

It was saved but in the "normal" (or whatever it's called) first section of the Hats menu. It's not considered a "Stolen" or "Found" hat.

when did you pick it up?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.