Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Divinejames

Huge game breaking bug

Recommended Posts

Divinejames

I try make it short,

when you reach start of chapter 2 don't do anything before speaking with John,Abigail,Jack and Sadie.

and do not do uncle mission first(you can do it as second mission).

Otherwise you might lose those 4 characters for the entire of the game( beside scripted missions).

Pls upvote so people know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GusMcCree

R*WORKS ON A FIX FOR IT 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ingrobny

I don't remember, but I think I did the Uncle mission before I did anything else, I'm in chapter 3 now and I haven't seen Sadie or Jack since I had a mission with each of them, helped Sadie steel a wagon or something (don't remember exactly what is was right now) and took Jack fishing, I have some items they wanted, hopefully they will show up later, some said they will turn up in camp in chapter 4 or 5?

 

Edit.

 

And there is no way I'm going to start from the beginning again, I'm just at the beginning of chapter 3, but I have finished so much side mission stuff, treasure hunts, master hunter challenge is completed etc.

So if it is just the companion item request mission that will be affected i'm not going to worry about that, there is plenty of people in the camp who want you to find items for them, so I have unlocked that trophy already.

Edited by Ingrobny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lance_Vance89
2 hours ago, Ingrobny said:

I don't remember, but I think I did the Uncle mission before I did anything else, I'm in chapter 3 now and I haven't seen Sadie or Jack since I had a mission with each of them, helped Sadie steel a wagon or something (don't remember exactly what is was right now) and took Jack fishing, I have some items they wanted, hopefully they will show up later, some said they will turn up in camp in chapter 4 or 5?

 

Edit.

 

And there is no way I'm going to start from the beginning again, I'm just at the beginning of chapter 3, but I have finished so much side mission stuff, treasure hunts, master hunter challenge is completed etc.

So if it is just the companion item request mission that will be affected i'm not going to worry about that, there is plenty of people in the camp who want you to find items for them, so I have unlocked that trophy already.

From what I read they'll show up in chapter 4. I was only in the middle of chapter 2 when I discovered the bug, so I started over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vanzant

Besides missing a couple of side missions, how is this "Breaking the game" ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satanta
2 hours ago, Lance_Vance89 said:

From what I read they'll show up in chapter 4. I was only in the middle of chapter 2 when I discovered the bug, so I started over. 

Same here, was not Game Breaking but I wanted them  there for the interactions.  Honmestly I was debating on whether to start over or not but, since I got a 'Being able to hear better' issue resolved I decided it was worth it plusm having a better ubderstanding of how the mechanics work has made redoing it more enjoyable anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ingrobny

Hopefully Rockstar can bring this people back without us starting all over.

 

17 hours ago, Divinejames said:

John

Do you mean John Marston? He is in my camp, I don't have Abigail, Jack or Sadie thought.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Need drugs

They could at least give some sort of notification that those side missions will disappear forever in these instances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saintsrow
17 hours ago, GusMcCree said:

R*WORKS ON A FIX FOR IT 

By the time Rockstar fixes this, their ain't nobody goin' back to play through those missed interactions.  Most people will be done with the story and will never look back.  

 

 

3 hours ago, Vanzant said:

Besides missing a couple of side missions, how is this "Breaking the game" ?

The only Game Breaking Bug I know of so far is

Spoiler

the whole story and ending.

 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
unicornace

I thought Jack was missing from my camp but then it turned out he was storyline missing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ingrobny
2 hours ago, unicornace said:

I thought Jack was missing from my camp but then it turned out he was storyline missing

I haven't got to that point in story yet, so in my case that's not why he is missing, he showed up for the fishing mission and disappeared again after the fishing mission, same with Sadie she showed up for the wagon mission and  disappeared again after the wagon mission, she contributed to the camp for a while, saw it in the camp ledger, but now she is not even out hunting, so I have no idea where she is or where Jack is, Abigail was last seen in Colton I believe.

Edited by Ingrobny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ingrobny

I just started a new game and this time I was able to keep all members in the camp even after the uncle mission, but I just did the Sean mission, I died on my way, because I was ambushed by 5 O' Driskoll's, respawned but reloaded a save right before I was ambushed and second time I didn't die, I finished the Sean mission, didn't die on my way to the camp, but when I was back and the party started Jack was gone, I have slept in camp for 2 nights now, but he is still gone, everybody else is in the camp, John, Abigail and Saide, I don't know if the reload of that save did it or if he will turn up later, hopefully before chapter 4 😢.

 

Edit.

 

Just went hunting with Charles and when I returned to camp Jack was there 😀

Edited by Ingrobny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrismads

Never noticed this, thanks. However in my game Micah is hiding in the mountains on the other side of the map, too scared to come back without a peace offering for dutch. But still he manages to donate iguana scales and reading glasses to camp.

Its my second playthrough and no way in hell i'm helping him with that, and so far my story is progressing nicely without that oily turd.

Edited by Chrismads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Psyperactive81
On 11/13/2018 at 11:54 PM, Divinejames said:

I try make it short,

when you reach start of chapter 2 don't do anything before speaking with John,Abigail,Jack and Sadie.

and do not do uncle mission first(you can do it as second mission).

Otherwise you might lose those 4 characters for the entire of the game( beside scripted missions).

Pls upvote so people know

Huh!

Wished I had known this before. I am technically still in chapter 2 but I have done a lot of exploring and have quite a few Unique Weapons and Talismans already. Dunno if it is worth it to start over again at this point

2 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Never noticed this, thanks. However in my game Micah is hiding in the mountains on the other side of the map, too scared to come back without a peace offering for dutch. But still he manages to donate iguana scales and reading glasses to camp.

Its my second playthrough and no way in hell i'm helping him with that, and so far my story is progressing nicely without that oily turd.

Yeah, i might do a second run again after I am finished with this current game, to go over anything I may have missed or just have a better understanding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows

I had this on my first playthrough and being in chapter 2 on my second. I see I did it again. Thanks for posting this. Will start over and avoid the bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dieseltech20

R* has addressed this problem and knows the cause.

 

When doing the Uncle mission DO NOT restart if you fail. Exit out and replay the entire thing until you get through it. 

 

I thought it was a pretty simple mission. Not sure where people fail it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
2 hours ago, dieseltech20 said:

R* has addressed this problem and knows the cause.

 

When doing the Uncle mission DO NOT restart if you fail. Exit out and replay the entire thing until you get through it. 

 

I thought it was a pretty simple mission. Not sure where people fail it.

I did not fail it and yet, those people are missing from the camp?

 

Does anyone know how to avoid the bug?

 

Don’t do the uncle mission first, talk with those people in the camp before you do any missions in chapter 2? Is that the solution or is there more to it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ingrobny
3 hours ago, Gallows said:

I did not fail it and yet, those people are missing from the camp?

 

Does anyone know how to avoid the bug?

 

Don’t do the uncle mission first, talk with those people in the camp before you do any missions in chapter 2? Is that the solution or is there more to it?

I did both when I started all over, talked to everybody before the uncle mission and I made sure I didn't fail the Uncle mission, I even did 3 money lending missions, the reverend mission and the bar fight mission and slept in camp for 2 or 3 nights before I I felt "safe" do to the Uncle mission, I failed the Uncle mission the first time, the guy on horse got away, but now I have everybody who should be in the camp in the camp, except Micah, but that's a mission.

Edited by Ingrobny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
14 minutes ago, Ingrobny said:

I did both when I started all over, talked to everybody before the uncle mission and I made sure I didn't fail the Uncle mission, I even did 3 money lending missions, the reverend mission and the bar fight mission and slept in camp for 2 or 3 nights before I I felt "safe" do to the Uncle mission, I failed the Uncle mission the first time, the guy on horse got away, but now I have everybody who should be in the camp in the camp, except Micah, but that's a mission.

Cool, thanks. Will try that approach.

Talk to everyone, do some missions, sleep and then do the Uncle mission without failing and see if it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ingrobny
8 hours ago, Gallows said:

Cool, thanks. Will try that approach.

Talk to everyone, do some missions, sleep and then do the Uncle mission without failing and see if it works.

Do a manual save before you start the Uncle mission, so if you fail you can reload this save and check if everybody is still there and start the Uncle mission from the beginning again.

 

I was spending so much time in camp that Dutch came over and said I must spend more time out there, he almost threw me out of camp 😂

 

Edit.

 

And just to be on the safe side, I did this with the bar fight mission as well, because it's easy to die in that mission due to low health so early in the game, but this time I also took  a enhanced health tonic before the big guy came down the stairs, so I avoided any retries on that mission as well.

Edited by Ingrobny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
10 minutes ago, Ingrobny said:

Do a manual save before you start the Uncle mission, so if you fail you can reload this save and check if everybody is still there and start the Uncle mission from the beginning again.

 

I was spending so much time in camp that Dutch came over and said I must spend more time out there, he almost threw me out of camp 😂

Yeah that’s my plan. That should be fairly fool proof :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rykjeklut

I'm missing all those people now on my second go, but I can't remember if it actually matters? Do they show up for their missions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
t-p-d-a
4 hours ago, Rykjeklut said:

I'm missing all those people now on my second go, but I can't remember if it actually matters? Do they show up for their missions?

yes they only shows up for missions. but after that, they are gone until the next mission. You actually just broke minor sidequets and (interessting) dialogs. You can still get 100%

 

I played the Uncle MIssion at first, failed but glad I used "restart mission" by accident. I'm still on Chapter 2.. All Charaters are in the camps and have they dialogs.

 

I played this again after i read the game breaking bug and tried it for fun. I did the Uncle mission and failed.. I used "checkpoint" and finished the mission... John, Abigeil, Sadie all gone

I played this again and finished the mission without failing... all gone again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
5 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

yes they only shows up for missions. but after that, they are gone until the next mission. You actually just broke minor sidequets and (interessting) dialogs. You can still get 100%

 

I played the Uncle MIssion at first, failed but glad I used "restart mission" by accident. I'm still on Chapter 2.. All Charaters are in the camps and have they dialogs.

 

I played this again after i read the game breaking bug and tried it for fun. I did the Uncle mission and failed.. I used "checkpoint" and finished the mission... John, Abigeil, Sadie all gone

I played this again and finished the mission without failing... all gone again

Mu third playthrough and have all characters in my camp after doing the uncle quest as the fourth one I did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blasterman4EVER
5 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

yes they only shows up for missions. but after that, they are gone until the next mission. You actually just broke minor sidequets and (interessting) dialogs. You can still get 100%

 

I played the Uncle MIssion at first, failed but glad I used "restart mission" by accident. I'm still on Chapter 2.. All Charaters are in the camps and have they dialogs.

 

I played this again after i read the game breaking bug and tried it for fun. I did the Uncle mission and failed.. I used "checkpoint" and finished the mission... John, Abigeil, Sadie all gone

I played this again and finished the mission without failing... all gone again


Since I've got you here.... and you seem to know...

Is it possible to do something that makes it impossible to get 100%?

Edited by Blasterman4EVER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rykjeklut
16 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

You can still get 100%

Good. Since it's my second time, and i'm going for 100% I don't care as much about the dialogues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.