4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

WarButler

Combat FX Upgrade

Junior_Djjr
On 12/9/2018 at 2:06 PM, Mysterdogg said:

Probably Junior could change that with his EnhanceFX script, which is similar to IMFX, so you could make a more realistic effect like GTA IV or V but also another game or even real life ;)

EnhanceFX is about making effects independent.

A crash that occurs on Remastered Effects is happening on this mod.

0x004A981E

Can be a crash about IMFX or EnhanceFX too, I don't know, they are mods that work together.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Mysterdogg
6 hours ago, Junior_Djjr said:

EnhanceFX is about making effects independent.

Yeah, I know, that's why I mentioned it as a possible solution to:

On 12/9/2018 at 12:08 PM, WarButler said:

I received a comment that said the tire smoke was a bit exaggerated, but since this effect is used for several different effects, it's tricky to find the right balance.

But I remember that back when FunctionX was working with Overdose Effects, he said multiple times that an effect like the tires smoke was a bit more difficult to edit (due to its multiple-uses status), he said that he needed a way to attach the particle effect (a dedicated/independent effect) to the tires and make it look "smooth" instead of the regular attachment method that creates that kind of lag while moving faster.

Junior_Djjr

MixSets decrease the size of that smoke, it's a very good lag fix.

I can make it, but I should recreate this mod using asi, much better for this...

Edited by Junior_Djjr

WarButler

Another explosion updated! This time it's the satchel explosions. I've added a shockwave effect which I think works pretty well. The behaviour of the fireball is a little different from the other explosions, and uses nicer versions of my old explosion_rocket textures. Regarding the crash, I have had a couple of crashes when going on tank rampages, and the FLA crashlog seemed to point to EnhanceFX. Although, I have increased the amount of particles generated by some explosions, but not by a huge amount. I'll take a note of the actual crash number code thing next time. I hope it's an easy fix, whatever it is. 

Here is explosion_satchel separately, and I will also add it to the Explosion Update v1.1 folder. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/76kd16x6ptbiz69/explosion_satchel.7z/file

Plus a little video:

WarButler

A little Christmas update! I've added a glowing effect to the centre of most of the explosions, which I think makes them look a lot nicer. I've also made a new explosion_large and added a fireball to explosion_medium, amongst other changes. Some more changes and refinements are coming soon, but these new glowing explosions should keep you warm over Christmas! 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/obwkrh7oo1bea1q/CFXU_-_Explosion_Update_1.1.7z/file

I'll upload a video showcasing these changes later. I hope you all have a good Christmas!

Edited by WarButler

WarButler

Happy New Year everybody! I've got another little update, and a video. My recording problems seem to be fixed. It's a Christmas miracle! Though the audio is still doubled...

I updated explosion_small and explosion_tiny and added the new glowing effect to the vehicle explosions. Made some minor adjustments to some of the other explosions, but I must admit I've been a bit busy playing Red Dead Redemption 2 this past week...

Updates will keep coming! Molotov explosions still need an update, then I think the Explosion Update v1.1(?) will be complete. Then I guess I'll take another look at the fire, maybe adding a glowing effect like in Overdose Effects.

Here's the link (should be the same as the previous link, but just in case): http://www.mediafire.com/file/obwkrh7oo1bea1q/CFXU_-_Explosion_Update_1.1.7z/file

And here's a video:

Junior_Djjr
Posted (edited)

Some guy said that he fixed the famous 0x004A981E crash deleting the Explosion_satchel folder and disabling the explosions in imfx.dat.

He didn't say if he was using satchel at the time, just said "when there is many explosions".

Check it everyone.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Gtamodpacker
13 hours ago, Junior_Djjr said:

Some guy said that he fixed the famous 0x004A981E crash deleting the Explosion_satchel folder and disabling the explosions in imfx.dat.

He didn't say if he was using satchel at the time, just said "when there is many explosions".

Check it everyone.

im checking

WarButler

I think I've got some problem with my game build, as I keep getting crashes that are (seemingly) unrelated to explosions eg. 0x42480008, 0x72746150, 0x004AA3A1. So I might have to rebuild my game for my testing to be of any value. The crashes tend to happen after 5-10 minutes, typically when I'm in a tank, but since I'm testing explosions then that is like 50% of my game time. Deleting explosion_satchel and setting imfx explosions to NO didn't seem to change anything for me. I also had a crash when a fence collapsed in Grove Street, which I also had before I even made any effects so that's probably unrelated. What I might do is test (or even upload) a version of the explosions without any of the extra debris particles (rocks, sparks, etc), as these components are basically untouched from the Remastered script. Keeping the fireballs, smoke, trails and glow effects in place might let me know if any of my fxp editing has caused an issue. If it's an issue with the number of particles then that might help, but considering this problem doesn't seem to exist with Overdose I'm doubtful. But maybe there's a bug in there I haven't spotted. I'll have a look. Like I said, my game might be a bit unstable so any testing I do might not mean anything. I've got a bit less time for modding than I did a few weeks ago but I'll keep checking when I can!

Junior_Djjr
On 1/11/2019 at 11:07 AM, WarButler said:

unrelated to explosions eg. 0x42480008, 0x72746150, 0x004AA3A1

0x42480008 and 0x72746150 are not valid addresses. You need to check modloader.log's backtrace.

0x004AA3A1 is related to any effect, not only explosions. What effect is may be found if you send the full crash information in modloader.log.

Edited by Junior_Djjr