Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Journey_95

Vote for RDR2 in The Game Awards

Recommended Posts

O.Z
21 minutes ago, SAS_Intruder said:

I think you should stick to arguments about the game instead on focusing on me as a person. I don't appreciate it this way and I would even appreciate it less in face to face conversation.  

My bad, got you confused with Mostly_Red

 

RDR2 is for more mature audience.

 

GoW is more flashy, button smashing, linear experience meant for younger generation

Edited by O.Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red

Go play some games. 

 

Maybe then you can talk about them with people that know more than you. 

 

Get outside that R* bubble. It's clouding your sight 

 

 

 

And FYI, button mashing is a term used when people don't know how to play games. 

 

And btw, you mash buttons in RDR 2. So, there you have it.. 

Edited by Mostly_Red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
2 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

Go play some games. 

 

Maybe then you can talk about them with people that know more than you. 

 

Get outside that R* bubble. It's clouding your sight 

 

 

 

And FYI, button mashing is a term used when people don't know how to play games. 

 

And btw, you mash buttons in RDR 2. So, there you have it.. 

I have been playing games longer than you have been alive I’m guessing. I’m 35 btw, started playing when I was about 9 years old. 

 

How about you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
5 minutes ago, O.Z said:

I have been playing games longer than you have been alive I’m guessing. I’m 35 btw, started playing when I was about 9 years old. 

 

How about you?

 

And? 

 

I don't limit myself to open-world games or R* games 

 

If you're going to bash on GoW based on YT videos, i'll not take you seriously 

Edited by Mostly_Red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
josephene123
46 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

Because the mechanics and gameplay loop in RDR 2 are very well made and complex

 

 

You ride on horse for 10min, shoot some galeries of enemies, and that's it. 

 

Repeat 

 

The only thing that makes it hard is the awful aiming and overall movement. 

 

"Oh, but it’s not input-lag. It's, it’s.... immersion" 

 

 

I don't think you have actually played RDR2. You genuinely seem to have a staggeringly bad understanding of the gameplay variety and dynamics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
Just now, Mostly_Red said:

 

And? Been playing for 22 years, but apparently i play more than you 

 

I don't limit myself to open-world games or R* games 

 

If you're going to bash on GoW based on YT videos, i'll not take you seriously 

Like I said before, I did try the previous GoWs(never finished them) however, yes I haven’t got to play the latest one. But reading the reviews etc it’s pretty much the same apart from nicer graphics. It’s doesnt get me interested enough to spend £40 quid on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
1 minute ago, josephene123 said:

I don't think you have actually played RDR2. You genuinely seem to have a staggeringly bad understanding of the gameplay variety and dynamics. 

 

Want my psn profile? 

 

The core gameplay is just that 

 

Unless you think brushing your horse or cleaning or guns are considered as such 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

What's sad is that this dude is trying his best to win an argument against RDR2 in a R* fansite and is calling people to get out of the R* bubble. How stupid can you be? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jabalous
45 minutes ago, SAS_Intruder said:

I don't think they set any new standards . Dialogue system is very limited and often conversation doesn't last more than 3 lines before it ends or shootout starts. Or sometimes conversation doesn't make sense at all. Wanted system is a joke as well as bounty and AI in Rockstar games is traditionally bad. You just take cover behind the corner and they all come to you, like in old WW2 movies. Good part of the map wasn't accessible until very end. Characters are not explored very well and missions were so lame. Riverboat mission and one where you take out Cornwell come to mind but chapter 5 was a joke as well. Everyting was way too easy and forgiving.Overall there was lack on control on player part to the point that it didn't feel like open world game, unless doing side quests. They wouldn't even let you zoom out of scoped rifle.  Also, constantly switching weapons or ammo as well as having wrong animations and stats for weapons is not good for immersion.  

 

So while I can list many positive things about the game I can easily find a bunch of things that should have been better.  It is a matter of personal preferences and there is no one true answer which game is the best , just different opinions.

Red Dead has definitely set new standards in the following aspects at least. 

 

A. Interactions with the world's everyday characters. The seamless dialogue system is a new thing in crime open-world games. It's a new feature and allows for different outcomes to happen in real time, some of which can really be unpredictable. It's done for the first time, so it'd not be full-fledged, but it's sufficient for what it does.   

 

B. The overall unpredictability of the world's ambient events. I'm not talking about rigidly-defined Stranger missions, but events like being ambushed and threatened by other world's inhabitants. Yes, all of these are scripted and accounted for, but the combination of the large number, scenario variety and unpredictability of these events are what make it a standard that other open worlds need to look up to. In my 70+ hours of playtime, the game hasn't put me in a situation where, as an example, a gang ambush scenario was repeated. Everytime it was different and surprising, which also greatly enhanced the atmosphere in different parts of the world. I highly doubt that other developers will be able to fill their worlds with that number of finely tuned unpredictable events as R* has the luxury of time and higher budget, but it's a new bar to reach to nonetheless. 

 

C. The open-world rendering technology. Red Dead has objectively the best system in place to draw objects and their shadows in the distance, and the most believable and natural-looking lighting (despite being dynamic). The standard for the animations and behaviors of horses and other animals are now set and any other game will be directly compared to Red Dead in this regard.

 

As for the AI of the fighting enemies, it's not really better or worse than the one experienced in Uncharted or The Last Of Us, but it's definitely a noticeable improvement over R*'s previous works. Enemies are now more varied and use different strategies to counter your attacks. For example, The Murfree Brood fight and strategize different to the O'Drsicolls. In addition, enemy AI in open-worlds is more flexible than in corridor-based games, so I'd not nitpick too much about that. 

Edited by Jabalous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red

Btw, just saw the nominees for some Australian game awards 

 

Detroit is nominated for best Rpg 

 

And you do expect me to give credit to these websites? 

 

Or like the Guardian, where the whole gaming department is runned by a single person, lol 

 

What a joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoodSense129
11 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

 

And? 

 

I don't limit myself to open-world games or R* games 

 

If you're going to bash on GoW based on YT videos, i'll not take you seriously 

I can’t take you seriously if you’re still in this thread hating on RDR 2 , why are you here?? Go start a GOW Forums or something Rockstar is the GOAT you mad or nah???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
3 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

What's sad is that this dude is trying his best to win an argument against RDR2 in a R* fansite and is calling people to get out of the R* bubble. How stupid can you be? 

Name calling now?

 

Just here because you're trying to bash on a game just because your beloved R* has lost 

 

Nothing you can do about it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
5 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

 

And you do expect me to give credit to these websites? 

I don't expect you to understand or give credit to anything tbh. You're beyond saving. 

 

2 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

Name calling now?

 

Just here because you're trying to bash on a game just because your beloved R* has lost 

 

Nothing you can do about it 

 Honesty you seem to be insecure. You don't do anything else on this forum other than talking sh*t on this specific thread. How's that not trolling? 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
1 minute ago, GoodSense129 said:

I can’t take you seriously if you’re still in this thread hating on RDR 2 , why are you here?? Go start a GOW Forums or something Rockstar is the GOAT you mad or nah???

If this is a RDR 2 forum, why are some of you hating on GoW?

 

Are you that insecure? Go cry on Dan Houser's lap 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
josephene123
5 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

 

Want my psn profile? 

 

The core gameplay is just that 

 

Unless you think brushing your horse or cleaning or guns are considered as such 

So what explains your shocking understanding/ recollection of RDR2s vast number of in-depth gameplay mechanics? Someone else playing on your PSN profile? Input lag and frustrating control at times, sure. I've yet to see you say another thing that actually correlates to what the game is. Ride for 10 mins and shoot a bunch of people is NOT the takeaway gameplay loop from RDR2. It's idiotic to claim so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jedster

Come on, you seem to be lacking arguments... got a question for ya, why are you not playing GoW right now, instead if pointlessly b*tching about RDR2 and hopelessly defending some stupid award?

 

Oh right... there is no point, since you've already experienced it all the first time around and there is zer0 replay value... what a masterpiece... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoodSense129
1 minute ago, Mostly_Red said:

If this is a RDR 2 forum, why are some of you hating on GoW?

 

Are you that insecure? Go cry on Dan Houser's lap 

I’ve never made a negative comment towards GOW other than it’s not for me so get your facts straight on that one fool...this must be the highlight of your life....and you’re calling someone else insecure??? Rambling for days & days about how RDR 2 sucks?? Get a job kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
Just now, Jedster said:

Come on, you seem to be lacking arguments... got a question for ya, why are you not playing GoW right now, instead if pointlessly b*tching about RDR2 and hopelessly defending some stupid award?

 

Oh right... there is no point, since you've already experienced it all the first time around and there is zer0 replay value... what a masterpiece... 

Why are you not riding on horse in RDR2 with those mechanics from 2004?

 

Do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
6 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

If this is a RDR 2 forum, why are some of you hating on GoW?

 

Are you that insecure? Go cry on Dan Houser's lap 

No one is hating GOW, we are just debating about the game awards and most of us think RDR2 should have won. 

 

Anyways, there is only one developer out there whose level to detail is second to none, their open world sandbox games are second to none. And that’s why I am here... while I do enjoy other games from other developers, nothing else comes close to Rockstar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red

"there is only one developer out there whose level to detail is second to none" 

 

Sure. ND, CDPR, SSM, From, Nintendo and many others are laughing right now. 

 

And they don't even take 8 years to make games or force their workers to 100h  weeks 

 

Imagine if they did 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
9 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

Why are you not riding on horse in RDR2 with those mechanics from 2004?

 

Do it

 

Come on man, you must be the only one being so bitter about them controls, give it some time and you will get hang of it, but then again why would you if you can go and pick up GoW and master the button smashing in seconds lol

 

2 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

"there is only one developer out there whose level to detail is second to none" 

 

Sure. ND, CDPR, SSM, From, Nintendo and many others are laughing right now. 

 

And they don't even take 8 years to make games or force their workers to 100h  weeks 

 

Imagine if they did 

Rockstar is the king of developers, most people know this. 

Edited by O.Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
5 minutes ago, O.Z said:

 

Come on man, you must be the only one being so bitter about them controls, give it some time and you will get hang of it, but then again why would you if you can go and pick up GoW and master the button smashing in seconds lol

 

That's it 

 

We should just end this conversation here. 

 

You can  keep bashing on the game on your own, for as long as you want

 

 Keep saying that GoW is trash, a Kids game, a button masher, a corridor game, etc 

 

Don't care anymore 

 

Fortunately, some here know the truth and were able to enjoy both games, like I did. 

 

That's what matters. Im glad that i got to play both games 

Edited by Mostly_Red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoodSense129
6 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

"there is only one developer out there whose level to detail is second to none" 

 

Sure. ND, CDPR, SSM, From, Nintendo and many others are laughing right now. 

 

And they don't even take 8 years to make games or force their workers to 100h  weeks 

 

Imagine if they did 

Yeah you definitely have mental issues , can someone lock this thread so homie can get a life???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
1 minute ago, GoodSense129 said:

Yeah you definitely have mental issues , can someone lock this thread so homie can get a life???

 

Because what i said is true? Lol 

 

You guys cant get over it, can you? 

@Spider-Vicejust lock this thread for once

 

It's better for everyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jedster
4 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

Why are you not riding on horse in RDR2 with those mechanics from 2004?

 

Do it

Because I am at work, but when I get home I will ride my beautiful beast around with those mechanics from 2018 ma boah... ;)

 

2 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

Fortunately, some here know the truth and were able to enjoy both games, like I did. 

 

That's what matters. Im glad that i got to play both games 

That is what I said in the first place but we had to descend to your level for you to see it... the point is, nothing matters if you having fun, no issues or flaws or mechanics... we can rant about it all day... but it's just doesn't matter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
14 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

 

Because what i said is true? Lol 

 

You guys cant get over it, can you? 

@Spider-Vicejust lock this thread for once

 

It's better for everyone 

This thread doesn’t need to be locked, who are you to say? It’s not even your thread. You just leave!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
3 minutes ago, O.Z said:

This thread doesn’t need to be locked, who are you to say? It’s not even your thread. You just leave!

Is it yours? 

 

You turned this RDR 2 thread into a GoW hating thread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
9 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

Is it yours? 

 

You turned this RDR 2 thread into a GoW hating thread 

I got riled up reading your nonsense comments like: RDR2 has the gameplay mechanics from 2004.

 

GTFO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
1 minute ago, O.Z said:

I got riled up reading your nonsense comments like: RDR2 has the gameplay mechanics from 2004.

 

GTFO

At least i played it 

 

"GoW is just a button masher" 

 

FO mate 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice
3 minutes ago, O.Z said:

GTFO

Thanks for contributing to locking this thread.

 

We're done here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.