Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Journey_95

Vote for RDR2 in The Game Awards

Recommended Posts

Mostly_Red
7 minutes ago, O.Z said:

RDR2 is the highest rated game of the decade(metacritic) tied with GTA V and Galaxy 2. 

 

I will take that over any GOTY award.

And? 

 

GTA IV is the highest rated game from last gen and does come close to be one of the best 

 

TLOU, Skyrim, Arkham City, Uncharted 2, Journey, Bioshock Infinite, Dark Souls, GTA V, Portal 2, MGS 4

 

Critics rarely give bad scores to games from R* because they do not want to piss them off. 

 

 

 

Edited by Mostly_Red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
1 minute ago, Mostly_Red said:

Critics rarely give bad scores to games from R* because they do not want to piss them off. 

 

 

 

Stop with this nonsense already. Manhunt got low ratings...

 

The critics can’t give them bad scores because Rockstar games are a level above the rest of the developers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paro93
21 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

And? 

 

GTA IV is the highest rated game from last gen and does come close to be one of the best 

 

TLOU, Skyrim, Arkham City, Uncharted 2, Journey, Bioshock Infinite, Dark Souls, GTA V, Portal 2, MGS 4

 

Critics rarely give bad scores to games from R* because they do not want to piss them off. 

 

 

 

People should believe whatever they want to believe.

I believe that the most honest approach is to admit that RDR2 was beaten, it had a stronger competition... and it's fine if people want to believe it was a system fault, SJW fault, or God's fault. More power to than.

 

But we all should agree that this metascores or VGA award is not that important. I'm actually laughing at this whole situation.

 

 https://m.imgur.com/0fwHT9f

 

And the memes were amazing hahaha.

 

Edited by Paro93
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
2 minutes ago, Paro93 said:

People should believe whatever they want to believe.

I believe that the most honest approach is to admit that RDR2 was beaten, it had a stronger competition... and it's fine if people want to believe it was a system fault, SJW fault, or God's fault. More power to than.

 

But we all should agree that this metascores or VGA award is not that important. I'm actually laughing ate this whole situation.

 

 https://m.imgur.com/0fwHT9f

 

And the memes were amazing hahaha.

 

This one is my favourite lol 

 

IMG-20181210-091434.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

RDR2 got robbed IMO. but let's just move on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
18 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

RDR2 got robbed IMO. but let's just move on. 

Agreed. Most people with common sense know this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
7 minutes ago, O.Z said:

Agreed. Most people with common sense know this!

The second part? For sure :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paro93
13 minutes ago, O.Z said:

Agreed. Most people with common sense know this!

You´re right than.

 

https://imgur.com/Y3pYkwa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
1 minute ago, Paro93 said:

You´re right than.

 

https://imgur.com/Y3pYkwa

Indeed😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tonesta

Way I see it, God of War was a game of average size and scope, that was executed just about flawlessly.

 

Red Dead Redemption 2 - as with all recent R* titles, and as can probably only be done by a studio with their resources - is a game of unprecedented size and scope and ambition; the sheer size and complexity of the map and the frankly absurd amount of detail and content within the world (and the story) is over and above anything that's ever been done before. But it does fray at the edges a little, and there is a certain clunkiness about some aspects of the gameplay.

 

So this feels to me a little bit like the 1980 Oscars.....Apocalypse Now was innovative and original and frustrating and big and bold and oddly paced and flawed and magnificent. And it lost to Kramer vs. Kramer, a small, well acted, well executed movie of limited ambition.

Was that the wrong decision? I don't know....choosing between two such different works for an award is an almost impossible task. But I do know which movie was more influential and memorable in the long run.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
39 minutes ago, Tonesta said:

Way I see it, God of War was a game of average size and scope, that was executed just about flawlessly.

 

Red Dead Redemption 2 - as with all recent R* titles, and as can probably only be done by a studio with their resources - is a game of unprecedented size and scope and ambition; the sheer size and complexity of the map and the frankly absurd amount of detail and content within the world (and the story) is over and above anything that's ever been done before. But it does fray at the edges a little, and there is a certain clunkiness about some aspects of the gameplay.

 

So this feels to me a little bit like the 1980 Oscars.....Apocalypse Now was innovative and original and frustrating and big and bold and oddly paced and flawed and magnificent. And it lost to Kramer vs. Kramer, a small, well acted, well executed movie of limited ambition.

Was that the wrong decision? I don't know....choosing between two such different works for an award is an almost impossible task. But I do know which movie was more influential and memorable in the long run.

So, are you among those who believe that RDR 2 was robbed and GoW didn't deserve it?

 

Keep in mind that not every game needs to be a huge open-world. Being a semi-linear game doesn't necessarily mean that it's not ambicious. It can be ambicious for its genre

 

Look at 2019. Packed with incredible games, but none of them are open-world: DMC V, Sekiro, Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident Evil 2 and perhaps TLOU 2

 

We should be glad that there any many genres, doing different things 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tonesta
51 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

So, are you among those who believe that RDR 2 was robbed and GoW didn't deserve it?

 

Keep in mind that not every game needs to be a huge open-world. Being a semi-linear game doesn't necessarily mean that it's not ambicious. It can be ambicious for its genre

 

Look at 2019. Packed with incredible games, but none of them are open-world: DMC V, Sekiro, Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident Evil 2 and perhaps TLOU 2

 

We should be glad that there any many genres, doing different things 

 

No, I'm saying that it was a really tough decision. The Game Awards had to decide between gameplay execution vs. size and scale.

 

But I do believe that Red Dead Redemption 2 is the biggest and most ambitious game ever released. In terms of volume of content, and size and detail in world-building, no game I've ever played or seen has even come close.

 

Whether it is better is a subjective determination.....I think it is, but then I value world building more highly than gameplay mechanics, and exploration and discovery over combat.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
12 minutes ago, Tonesta said:

No, I'm saying that it was a really tough decision. The Game Awards had to decide between gameplay execution vs. size and scale.

 

But I do believe that Red Dead Redemption 2 is the biggest and most ambitious game ever released. In terms of volume of content, and size and detail in world-building, no game I've ever played or seen has even come close.

 

Whether it is better is a subjective determination.....I think it is, but then I value world building more highly than gameplay mechanics, and exploration and discovery over combat.

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, RDR 2 is an impressive achievement in scale and world building. Probably the best realized and detailed open-world ever made

 

But then again, like you said, GoW is almost flawless. It nails pretty much everything it does.

 

Do we choose the most ambicious game but with some flaws, or the more focused game that does everything well? It's a really tough call.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tonesta
3 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

 

 

Yeah, RDR 2 is an impressive achievement in scale and world building. Probably the best realized and detailed open-world ever made

 

But then again, like you said, GoW is almost flawless. It nails pretty much everything it does.

 

Do we choose the most ambicious game but with some flaws, or the more focused game that does everything well? It's a really tough call.

 

 

Agreed.

 

All I will say - with my RDR2 fanboy hat on - is that whilst it is possible that a game as good as GoW comes out in 2019, if for example one of the games you mentioned really nails it, I think it's very unlikely that a bigger, fuller and more detailed open world comes out any time soon. Probably not until Rockstar's next magnum opus.....which given the current timeline they seem to be operating on, likely won't be before 2023 at the earliest.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

If God of War does everything well than so does RDR2 lol. It has some issues and flaws just like any other great game.

 

To name a few of GoW's issues: two huge pieces of the side content are uninteresting and repetitive grindfests, poor enemy and side-boss variety, lack of major bosses and an uninteresting and lacklustre itemisation and gearing system. None of this is done terribly, but none of it's what I would call good either. The core gameplay, story and just the overall story telling of the game is what sets it apart from the rest. Loved those boat rides, it also might've been the first game to make an AI companion not be crap.

Edited by Jason
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
4 minutes ago, Tonesta said:

Agreed.

 

All I will say - with my RDR2 fanboy hat on - is that whilst it is possible that a game as good as GoW comes out in 2019, if for example one of the games you mentioned really nails it, I think it's very unlikely that a bigger, fuller and more detailed open world comes out any time soon. Probably not until Rockstar's next magnum opus.....which given the current timeline they seem to be operating on, likely won't be before 2023 at the earliest.

 

 

 

 

For both cases, i don't think any game will come close to what they did for their genre

 

Maybe, and is this is a big maybe, Cyberpunk will come close to RDR 2, and TLOU 2 has a shot of being as good or better than GoW.

 

They both raised the bar this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

I'm really excited to see if CDPR can be Rockstar's new rivals in the open world genre. I hope CP2077 lives up to what I'm expecting. And as for TLOU 2 I hope Naughty dog can innovate linear games and Narration like they did in 2013 and no one has ever done since but it's gonna be very tough to top TLOU. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tonesta
57 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

 

For both cases, i don't think any game will come close to what they did for their genre

 

Maybe, and is this is a big maybe, Cyberpunk will come close to RDR 2, and TLOU 2 has a shot of being as good or better than GoW.

 

They both raised the bar this year

Colour me sceptical!

 

Which is not to say that Cyberpunk 2077 won't be an excellent game - it may well be.

But I feel that creating something on the scale of RDR2 requires an insane number of people-hours; there's just no short cuts when it comes to creating that level of distinct and original content.

CD Projekt are getting bigger, but they're still much smaller, and have far fewer resources, than Rockstar. At best, at this stage, I'm expecting their open world to be on a par with Liberty City in GTA IV........

 

.......which, if the gameplay and story are strong, could still make for a great gaming experience. But I just don't expect it will have the same epic feel that RDR2 has.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

I'm really excited to see if CDPR can be Rockstar's new rivals in the open world genre. I hope CP2077 lives up to what I'm expecting. And as for TLOU 2 I hope Naughty dog can innovate linear games and Narration like they did in 2013 and no one has ever done since but it's gonna be very tough to top TLOU. 

 

Unfortunately CP2077 does not have a 3rd person mode, therefor I couldn't care less for the game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red

We can have both after all, lol

 

God Dead Redemption 2 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
4 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

We can have both after all, lol

 

God Dead Redemption 2 

 

 

That's pretty cool...  have you noticed the comments? 99% of the people can't believe that RDR2 didn't win the GOTY. The truth is out there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
6 minutes ago, O.Z said:

 

That's pretty cool...  have you noticed the comments? 99% of the people can't believe that RDR2 didn't win the GOTY. The truth is out there...

 

 

Or you can read these comments as well...

 

There's no truth or lack of it. Just opinios, not facts

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
southparkmayor

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I'm so glad it lost GOTY. This is what R* gets for f*cking over PC Gamers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
9 hours ago, Mostly_Red said:

Critics rarely give bad scores to games from R* because they do not want to piss them off. 

I can't say I agree with that. It doesn't have anything to do with critics not wanting to piss them off and more to do with most of their games they release are good and deserving of praise so there's really no reason to down score them. Even as someone who isn't a big fan of GTA V I can understand why critics loved it at release despite it isn't my type of game.

 

R* also have the advantage that they don't release games annually anymore so there's less chance they'll release something crap so why would critics give them bad scores if they don't deserve it? 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turan

So far this generation there are three games I would consider a 10/10:

 

RDR2

Bloodborne

God of War

 

So any of these games winning the GOTY (or GOTG) is more than fine by me! Love em like they’re my children. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
7 hours ago, Turan said:

So far this generation there are three games I would consider a 10/10:

 

RDR2

Bloodborne

God of War

 

So any of these games winning the GOTY (or GOTG) is more than fine by me! Love em like they’re my children. 

 

I could live with that 

 

Bloodborne is still one of my favs 

 

First time of face the Cleric Beast is magical 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

Two more awards for GOW

One for RDR2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tommyboypwns
18 hours ago, Mostly_Red said:

And? 

 

GTA IV is the highest rated game from last gen and does come close to be one of the best 

 

TLOU, Skyrim, Arkham City, Uncharted 2, Journey, Bioshock Infinite, Dark Souls, GTA V, Portal 2, MGS 4

 

Critics rarely give bad scores to games from R* because they do not want to piss them off. 

 

 

 

Alot of your arguments and talking points in here are based on conjecture.

 

”they didnt want to piss rockstar off thats why it got good reviews” -conjecture

 

RDR2 sold more, won more awards at the awards itself, and has a higher metacritic score. 

 

-these are all observable facts, not conjecture. Try explaining away those ones.

20 hours ago, Mostly_Red said:

"All Rockstar ever need to do is to fix the bad control and stiff shooting in their games but nope, can't hear our opinion because we are just insignificant little gamers, our voice don't matter. Only the critic's voice matter. There's no way these gamers know any sh*t about video games, they don't even work in the industry.

Hey look the critics all gave our game a 10/10, see? Our game is PERFECT. To think that ''gamers'' criticized our game's control...what a bunch of fools. GOTY here we come!

Dear Rockstar, your bad game control may not reflect in the reviews because the reviewers don't wanna piss anybody off, but it will be remembered, and it will eventually have an effect on the awards. Don't be fooled by the 10/10 reviews, don't be so easy to please. Your game design is flawed, period. 

God of War didn't win because they are the smaller guys and you guy are the super Titan, no, God of War wins because it plays REALLY well. It is that simple."

 

 

 

This is pretty much what i think 

 

That EA guy even made a video about the massive input-lag.

 

"But but but, it’s immersion and weight. Not input-lag lag, i swear" lol 

See the thing about that is, RDR2’s fundamental flaws can be fixed via patch. Something very similar happened with Witcher 3. People complained about the controls and they patched in an entirely different control scheme/movement system.

 

GOW’s flaws on the other hand, cant be fixed. Its replay value is so awesome, Im sure people will continue to play it online and have great experiences with friends....oh wait. Once and done and sold to Gamestop.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mostly_Red
18 minutes ago, tommyboypwns said:

Alot of your arguments and talking points in here are based on conjecture.

 

”they didnt want to piss rockstar off thats why it got good reviews” -conjecture

 

RDR2 sold more, won more awards at the awards itself, and has a higher metacritic score. 

 

-these are all observable facts, not conjecture. Try explaining away those ones.

See the thing about that is, RDR2’s fundamental flaws can be fixed via patch. Something very similar happened with Witcher 3. People complained about the controls and they patched in an entirely different control scheme/movement system.

 

GOW’s flaws on the other hand, cant be fixed. Its replay value is so awesome, Im sure people will continue to play it online and have great experiences with friends....oh wait. Once and done and sold to Gamestop.

 

Replay value is overrated 

 

It's not about the time you play 

 

It's about the quality time that game gives you 

 

Journey lasts 2h and is one of the best games ever made. 

 

Scores are not facts, are opinions. 

 

But since you considered that as a fact, GoW won GOTY. So that's a fact too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.