3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Vote for RDR2 in The Game Awards

Journey_95

Red dead 2 won more awards and its the more immersive memorable experience. In 5 years people will still be talking about red dead 2 as one of gamings goats and still playing the online mode. No one will care about God of war 4

Edited by scotthedge12
  • Like 2
Guest Guest176525326
1 hour ago, Mostly_Red said:

For me, a game of the year has to do everyhting right

RDR 2 doesn't

Story- 10/10

Graphics- 10/10

Immersion- 10/10

OST- 9/10

Gameplay- 5/10 at best

GoW does more things right than RDR 2. It's a better all around package.

And it nails the most important thing of any game: gameplay

It doesn't make you do chore tasks like milking cows and build fences. It's fun to play from beginning to end. 

Gameplay 5/10 - lol. Why are you even here? 

My ratings would be:

Story - 7/10

Graphics - 9/10

Immersion - 9/10

OST - 8/10

Gameplay - 10/10

Gameplay has always been Rockstar’s forte and RDR2 takes it to the next level. 

Mostly_Red
22 minutes ago, scotthedge12 said:

Red dead 2 won more awards and its the more immersive memorable experience. In 5 years people will still be talking about red dead 2 as one of gamings goats and still playing the online mode. No one will care about God of war 4

Says a lot when you don't even know the name of the game

Anyway...

ezgif-4-fe4a589aac0a.gif?width=471&heigh

14 minutes ago, O.Z said:

Gameplay 5/10 - lol. Why are you even here? 

My ratings would be:

Story - 7/10

Graphics - 9/10

Immersion - 9/10

OST - 8/10

Gameplay - 10/10

Gameplay has always been Rockstar’s forte and RDR2 takes it to the next level. 

7/10 for story and 10/10 for gameplay?

I'm sure we played different games

The story is the best thing about RDR 2

Guest Guest176525326
5 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

Says a lot when you don't even know the name of the game

Anyway...

ezgif-4-fe4a589aac0a.gif?width=471&heigh

7/10 for story and 10/10 for gameplay?

I'm sure we played different games

The story is the best thing about RDR 2

I didn’t really like it, the story has always been Rockstar’s weak points imo. Apart from GTA IV

Mostly_Red
1 minute ago, O.Z said:

I didn’t really like it, the story has always been Rockstar’s weak points imo. Apart from GTA IV

I loved it

Better than GoW's

Even cried at the end. Special game in that aspect 

Guest Guest176525326
4 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

I loved it

Better than GoW's

Even cried at the end. Special game in that aspect 

Which part? End of Chapter 6?

TheSantader25

I doubt the online would last long. 

Story 9.5/10

Gameplay 9/10

But I think RDR2 is the game that had the most impact on the industry this year. Future open world games have to step up their game. New standards have been set by R*. The game would definitely be talked about more in the future in comparison to GOW. 

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 1

^ Whenever R* releases an open-world game, new standards are set. That's nothing new really.

Story 9/10 ... sadly, in the end it was too predictable

Gameplay ... 8/10

Mostly_Red
11 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

I doubt the online would last long. 

Story 9.5/10

Gameplay 9/10

But I think RDR2 is the game that had the most impact on the industry this year. Future open world games have to step up their game. New standards have been set by R*. The game would definitely be talked about more in the future in comparison to GOW. 

GoW is also a new standard for linear/semi-linear games,

The only game that could top it  is TLOU 2, and even then it would be tough.

Edited by Mostly_Red
TheSantader25
6 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

GoW is also a new standard for linear/semi-linear games,

The only game that could top it  is TLOU 2, and even then it would be tough.

Personally I think GOW did many things perfect but it didn't bring anything new that other games could take influence from. 

12 minutes ago, Emmi said:

^ Whenever R* releases an open-world game, new standards are set. That's nothing new really.

Story 9/10 ... sadly, in the end it was too predictable

Gameplay ... 8/10

So we gotta ignore the new revolutionary standards just because R* always deliver? It's why they are good. they always set new standards. 

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

So we gotta ignore the new revolutionary standards just because R* always deliver? It's why they are good. they always set new standards. 

That's not what I meant to say ... lol

• Like 1
josephene123

I don't think GoW took the crown of linear games off from TLoU, or even something like Uncharted 4. All three get have repetitive gameplay after  a while but I feel as though Naughty Dog has more gameplay variety and detail, better story and better graphics for their time. 

TheSantader25
4 minutes ago, josephene123 said:

I don't think GoW took the crown of linear games off from TLoU, or even something like Uncharted 4. All three get have repetitive gameplay after  a while but I feel as though Naughty Dog has more gameplay variety and detail, better story and better graphics for their time. 

We haven't had a revolutionary linear game since TLOU if you ask me. Uncharted 4 was also more like all the previous uncharted games with some elements from TLOU. However I loved the Pirate Setting/theme. 

Mostly_Red
13 minutes ago, josephene123 said:

Saying that TLOU and GoW get repetitive when in RDR/RDR 2 the only thing you do is shoot people and ride on horse.

Sometimes i can't even know if people are being serious or if it's just bait 

Every game has a core gameplay loop that's repetitive, that loop usually being combat. RDR2 is a horse simulator with shooting gallery segments, God of War/TLOU are corridor simulators with combat sections every now and then, etc, what makes it feel repetitive is if the tasks you're completing with that gameplay loop are mundane and repetitive and if the journey from combat scenario to combat scenario is interesting and enjoyable.

Both GoW and RDR2 nailed that. 

• Like 9
Mostly_Red
9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Every game has a core gameplay loop that's repetitive, that loop usually being combat. RDR2 is a horse simulator with shooting gallery segments, God of War/TLOU are corridor simulators with combat sections every now and then, etc, what makes it feel repetitive is if the tasks you're completing with that gameplay loop are mundane and repetitive and if the journey from combat scenario to combat scenario is interesting and enjoyable.

Both GoW and RDR2 nailed that. 

Exactly

I can point out  games like Killzone SF or Knack that feel repetitve because the rest of the game is not enjoyable 

Halal Cyborg

Saying that TLOU and GoW get repetitive when in RDR/RDR 2 the only thing you do is shoot people and ride on horse.

There’s entire elaborate gameplay elements that aren’t combat or riding a horse - such as fishing as one example of many.

• Like 2
Mach1bud
2 hours ago, Mostly_Red said:

This is probably the most inaccurate thing I've ever read about RDR2.

• Like 6
josephene123
3 hours ago, Mostly_Red said:

Are you being serious yourself? Or just baiting? TLoU is in my top 3 games of all time but I can admit that it gets repetitive, albiet not as quickly as GoW or Uncharted. Hence why I think GoW didn't take it's crown because there's a lot more dynamic approaches and detail to play around with. 

In RDR2 of course riding your horse will get boring eventually but there are SO many systems which all seem to have a good or great level of depth aswell as having the most stunning open world I've personally ever seen in a game. But that wasn't even my argument - I was just saying GoW doesn't have as much variety in its gameplay as TLoU or to a lesser extent Uncharted 4, although both eventually suffer. 

Edited by josephene123
  • Like 1
Mostly_Red
9 minutes ago, josephene123 said:

Are you being serious yourself? Or just baiting? TLoU is in my top 3 games of all time but I can admit that it gets repetitive, albiet not as quickly as GoW or Uncharted. Hence why I think GoW didn't take it's crown because there's a lot more dynamic approaches and detail to play around with. 

In RDR2 of course riding your horse will get boring eventually but there are SO many systems which all seem to have a good or great level of depth aswell as having the most stunning open world I've personally ever seen in a game. But that wasn't even my argument - I was just saying GoW doesn't have as much variety in its gameplay as TLoU or to a lesser extent Uncharted 4, although both eventually suffer. 

Did you even play GoW?

You have the Axe, runes for it with different powers, you hove a skill tree, you have the shield with skills and other stuff, you have gear and an upgrade system

You have gear for Atreus, and also different abliitie for him

On top of that you got the other thing i cant mention, also with a skill tree and upgrades

Plus you solve puzzles, you have a boat, you do climbing and exploration, you have collectables.

GoW has much more systems and depth than Uncharted or TLOU. 

TheSantader25

What made TLOU more appealing to me was how atmospheric and real the typical zombie world felt. Unlike other zombie movies or games it felt very real. That atmosphere alone made me never feel any repetitive scenarios throughout the game. Also it was the first of this "atmospheric immersive games that followed it's footsteps later" which made it fresh. 

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 3
Mostly_Red
40 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

What made TLOU more appealing to me was how atmospheric and real the typical zombie world felt. Unlike other zombie movies or games it felt very real. That atmosphere alone made me never feel any repetitive scenarios throughout the game. Also it was the first of this "atmospheric immersive games that followed it's footsteps later" which made it fresh. 

Unlike Days Gone 

• Like 1
josephene123

Did you even play GoW?

You have the Axe, runes for it with different powers, you hove a skill tree, you have the shield with skills and other stuff, you have gear and an upgrade system

You have gear for Atreus, and also different abliitie for him

On top of that you got the other thing i cant mention, also with a skill tree and upgrades

Plus you solve puzzles, you have a boat, you do climbing and exploration, you have collectables.

GoW has much more systems and depth than Uncharted or TLOU. 

Yes, I have recently - and I liked it a lot. 

By the same token I could go on listing things which really are pretty standard across any modern AAA game for TLoU, too.

But my feeling is the actual gameplay loop of TLoU was more in-depth, intense and rewarding. I could list the specifics, but really it's just the sheer detail Naughty Dog put into their games that I think make each encounter feel more unique than those in GoW. I'm not for one second saying it's GoW's weakness. It's not. It's their strength. It's not as strong as TLoU.

• Like 1
GTAgamerWyald
6 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Personally I think GOW did many things perfect but it didn't bring anything new that other games could take influence from. 

You should watch Mathewmattosis review on the game. It pretty much nailed most of my thoughts on the game after finishing it that I couldn't explain clearly to other people.

Edited by GTAgamerWyald
  • Like 1
Mostly_Red
7 minutes ago, GTAgamerWyald said:

You should watch Mathewmattosis review on the game. It pretty much nailed most of my thoughts on the game after finishing it that I couldn't explain clearly to other people.

1 negative review among hundreds of positive reviews.

I know you're all mad because of it, but sh*tting on the other game won't change things.

Would you rather "lose" to Fortnite, CoD. AC, etc? 

GTAgamerWyald
14 minutes ago, Mostly_Red said:

1 negative review among hundreds of positive reviews.

I know you're all mad because of it, but sh*tting on the other game won't change things.

Would you rather "lose" to Fortnite, CoD. AC, etc? 

God of War is good game I admit. As for the video, it is simply an analytical review analyzing both what the game did good and wrong. I definitely dont see it as the contrarian type of review. 

Personally I dont care about the game awards.

Edited by GTAgamerWyald
Mostly_Red
6 minutes ago, GTAgamerWyald said:

God of War is good game I admit. As for the video, it is simply an analytical review analyzing both what the game did good and wrong. I definitely dont see it as the contrarian type of review. 

Personally I dont care about the game awards.

For me is the typical "against the wave" review

But every game gets a couple of those, to be fair