4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Furi0sa

For those that maxed 10/10 chin beard

ghostsoap01
Posted (edited)

Now that we know this day one patch messed things up, maybe R* can fix the issue with the next patch so that we don't always need to uninstall the game to get a 10 length beard.

Guess I'm gonna start a playthrough and get the beard to 10 in preparation for the next playthrough after the one I am already in.

Edited by ghostsoap01

Darealbandicoot
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ghostsoap01 said:

Now that we know this day one patch messed things up, maybe R* can fix the issue with the next patch so that we don't always need to uninstall the game to get a 10 length beard.

Guess I'm gonna start a playthrough and get the beard to 10 in preparation for the next playthrough after the one I am already in.

Rockstar support are now saying that any beard length past 7 is "unintended and max is 7 as per the design" Which is a big fat lie.  I honestly don't see this getting fixed. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Cutter De Blanc

This company has become almost hostile to people who aren't recurrent spenders

Furi0sa
Posted (edited)

yeah their response was John can't grow a full beard, I responded that I'm Arthur. Then they said to drink more tonics, ok Raj I'll drink more tonics for 50 hours straight and see no results. Thanks.

I'm glad the guy in this thread helped us out, I started a whole new game and having the beard has made it great

Edited by scotthedge12

Epic Beard Guy

Hello.

I found this topic and registered here just to post this message lol. Because after literally months of searching, basically since the game came out, this is the first true solution I've found for the issue of improperly growing facial hair within Red Dead Redemption. The day 1 patch apparently broke hair progression and nobody seems to be talking about it. Maybe nobody really cares about beards or long hair? But it's such a majestic feature! I can't believe Rockstar accidentally broke it and I can't believe how difficult it was for people to figure out what went wrong. Here we are 3 months since the release date.

Luckily I have a physical copy of RDR2 so the offline uninstall trick actually works. I was shocked because I had given up all hope, assuming my game was bugged, but this weekend on my 3rd playthrough I finally got Arthur to grow FULL facial hair (10 in ALL categories) and I'm still in Chapter 2! Thomas Downes hasn't even coughed on me yet 🤣 Before I came across this thread, I had tried every dumb suggestion I could find across Youtube and the corners of Reddit to force more beard growth. Until this weekend, the best I could do in my own game was level 9 beard with a very sick Arthur. It would never grow past level 9 before Chapter 5. Suddenly, without the day 1 patch, everything is back to normal. It's so glorious being a healthy Arthur with a full blown Santa Claus beard flowing down to my nipples! Finally. Unless someone can confirm that the newest and latest patch has fixed the problem officially, you guys need to sticky this topic or something.

For anyone who cares about beard growth this is big news 😀

For

Morgan Ranch Dressing

Okay guys, for anyone still struggling with this, Rockstar Support got back to me and gave me a solution that worked splendidly, and it doesn't involve uninstalling the game and re-installing without internet or the day 1 patch.

Make sure when following these steps you DO NOT go into your game settings and delete your saved data, those are your save games, just follow the instructions below pertaining only to restarting your console. This solution is for Xbox One, I'pm not sure if it works on Playstation but it may be worth giving a try:

Hello ________, Thank you for writing back to us. We understand you are concern regarding the hair tonics in Red Dead Redemption 2.

In an attempt to resolve these issues, we would like to try resetting the local user profile settings for the game. You do not have to worry about losing any progress, as this simply clears some temporary files associated with the game. We have the steps to clear the cache below.

1.Hold the power button until the console turns off.

2.Unplug the console from its power source for 20-30 seconds.

3.Reconnect the power to the console

4.Turn the console on 5.Load RDR2

If you are still experiencing this issue, please reply to this email so we can investigate further. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

Best regards, _______

Rockstar Support

Here's a link to an image of the actual support ticket:

https://i.imgur.com/yqP7ncN.jpg

Following these instructions, My facial hair grew from 8 (through chapter 5/6 time skip at That's Murfree Country) to 9 almost immediately on chops, mustache grew to 9 after 8 24 hour sleep cycles, chin from zero to 7 4 sleep cycles later, another 4 sleep cycles chin facial hair grew from 7 to 8, 8 more sleep cycles chops from 9 to 10 out of 10, and another 6 cycles later Arthur's mustache finally grew from 9 to 10 out of 10 as well.

Beyond that I haven't done additional testing to see if the chin will reach 10, but I'm fairly sure it will. I only ever wanted chops and mustache maxed out with the chin clean shaven.

Darealbandicoot

Nevermind. 

Cutter De Blanc

Alas, I am in the "However" category. I know you can wait till morning forever in Armadillo as well, you just have to kill Herbert Moon before he runs outside

RedDadRedemption
5 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

I found a fix for the beard growth! First you need to buy pomade and a LOT of hair tonic from the shop then go to a barber and choose the bald haircut. Next go to your satchel and apply pomade from either recent, or kit and take a stagecoach to Van Horn. Go to the Fence and Aim your gun and choose rob register. The fence will take out a gun and then pistol whip him and go outside. Drink 3 hair tonics and Keep "Wait until morning" until you see the notification that hair tonic has worn off. Drink 3 more and keep waiting until morning until the message appears again. Keep repeating this until you have to full beard. Enjoy! @Cutter De Blanc thought this would interest you.  HOWEVER, If you have a glitched beard for example chops can grow to 10 but nothing else, your out of luck. 

Doesnt work in my game

Morgan Ranch Dressing
On 1/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, RedDadRedemption said:

Doesnt work in my game

If you're on Xbox try my solution a couple posts back. I can confirm it works.

VJ4jePt.jpg

TXkFxIv.jpg

Edited by Morgan Ranch Dressing

t-p-d-a

I'm on chapter 2 and hair and beard is full grow up. i used tonic and played all sidemission and few challanges, . i play very slowly

Darealbandicoot
22 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

I'm on chapter 2 and hair and beard is full grow up. i used tonic and played all sidemission and few challanges, . i play very slowly

It's random for everyone. Some people may have 100% unglitched beards, some may not. 

Cutter De Blanc
31 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

It's random for everyone. Some people may have 100% unglitched beards, some may not. 

It seems to get broken sometime in Chapter 4

My beard had been working fine on version 1.05 until sometime during chapter 4 when I noticed it wouldn't grow past length 7

I couldn't tell you exactly when though

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

RyuNova

I don't get the obsession with the longest beard...

Cutter De Blanc
2 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

I don't get the obsession with the longest beard...

I just want my game to work the way it's supposed to 

I like having options

RyuNova
6 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I just want my game to work the way it's supposed to 

I like having options

Oh no, that was not aimed at you or anyone. I just wonder what the obsession, in general not just on here, is with the longest beard. Beard envy is my guess.

Cutter De Blanc
4 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Oh no, that was not aimed at you or anyone. I just wonder what the obsession, in general not just on here, is with the longest beard. Beard envy is my guess.

Well if you have a meter that goes all the way up to ten but no way to get it to ten, that sh*t is frustrating 

Its like that with anything, I think

Some people like to max out if only just to see what it's like

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Darealbandicoot
53 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

It seems to get broken sometime in Chapter 4

My beard had been working fine on version 1.05 until sometime during chapter 4 when I noticed it wouldn't grow past length 7

I couldn't tell you exactly when though

I've noticed a LOT more broken sh*t in my second playthrough. Beard grows fine but the hair grows at normal rate like without tonic and it worked fine in chapter 2 but chapter 3 I'm starting to see the game breaking before my eyes like gang members popping out of nowhere, having items float out of their hands or in the air, etc. 

NONE of this happened on my 1.00 save and gang members actually had requests but now they are barely interacting or talking.