4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Furi0sa

For those that maxed 10/10 chin beard

Semaj 2JZ♢

@Deadman2112

Put up the video then wiseass. I know what I saw and I know where I'm at. Even into chapter 3. Still 7/10 max growth. It's not misinformation.

Furi0sa
9 hours ago, Deadman2112 said:

I don't know where you guys are getting this bad info from or what you are doing wrong but I'll put up a video and prove that this is 1000000000% wrong, if you like?

I'm in chapter 2 and have a 10/10 and it stopped growing naturally at 8/10. I did have to use tonics to go further but it was easy.

All i did was go to Valentine and got 3 tonics. Drank then in the store. Got 3 more before leaving went to the inn and slept the max.

Then jumped on a coach to Strawberry. Went to the inn, drank the next 3 and then slept the max again.

Then hitched a lift on a coach back to Valentine. Once I was there I repeated this maybe 6 times and it was done.

Although, I'm not sure why it's such a concern, I didn't receive anything as a reward for doing it.

It's just like all the misinformation about certain horse. Two in particular that come to mind are the Black and White Splash Painted, said to not be found wild (Yet I found one wild) and the other is the Trigger Stripped Mustang said to not be available in chapter 2.

Guy said there is no way I had one in chapter 2. So I put up a video showing it, and the game progress. Then about an hour later he said oh you must have stolen it from Saint Denis, and another guy said I must have glitched it.

So I made a second video showing the location and me catching the horse wild. In the video I made it said bay coat, so he called me an idiot yet in his own video he said and I quote...

When you first catch the horse it will say bay coat until you stable it. 

...I was sitting there in disbelief shaking my head thinking what a fk'n moron. He's is so ignorant that he just contraindicated exactly what he just said in the video.

Only thing I can say is stop placing faith in guys how are good playing YouTube for likes and views at regurgitating misinformation, and start asking people who are good at video games.

It has nothing to do with being good at video games. It is bugged for some and it doesn't grow no matter the number of tonics or sleep. Just out of curiosity are you playing this on xbox?

Edited by scotthedge12

Deadman2112

@scotthedge12

No PlayStation 

...wasn't aware of a bug

@Semaj 2JZ♢

The best save I can find before I chopped it all off is this...

It may have been a 10/10 and i might have cut it at this point. Around that save I cut a little then chopped it off.

Sorry I'm not going back simply to waist hours of my life to do it again.

Mustache is 10

Chin is 8 and sideburns are 9 although the overall all is 10/10 (not sure why)

As I said before, If you know the story you can clearly see I'm in chapter 2

Edited by Deadman2112

3Prcntr

I never liked it past 7... 8 was kinda scraggly for my taste. I think I usually keep it around 4 or 5. Occasional fresh shave.

bnlxwlls
12 hours ago, Deadman2112 said:

@scotthedge12

No PlayStation 

...wasn't aware of a bug

@Semaj 2JZ♢

The best save I can find before I chopped it all off is this...

It may have been a 10/10 and i might have cut it at this point. Around that save I cut a little then chopped it off.

Sorry I'm not going back simply to waist hours of my life to do it again.

Mustache is 10

Chin is 8 and sideburns are 9 although the overall all is 10/10 (not sure why)

As I said before, If you know the story you can clearly see I'm in chapter 2

It may say your overall facial hair is 10/10, but that isn't. If you went down to chops and chin then it would be on 7 or 8 out of 10.

Ryancoke66

In chapter 4 with about 8-10 hair tonics used in total and I'm at 9 mustache, 10 chin and 9 chops >.<

I only cut it once while playing to one of the forked beards so that's probably why my chin is longer than the other two.

Edited by Ryancoke66

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
On 11/23/2018 at 1:34 AM, bnlxwlls said:

It may say your overall facial hair is 10/10, but that isn't. If you went down to chops and chin then it would be on 7 or 8 out of 10.

yeah it should be a 7/10 beard and chops .... my Arthur in CH3 looks exactly the same, and I've been at a 10/10 mustache for a long time, but the beard and chops are stuck at 7.

reason it says 10/10 at the top is just because it says the longest length... 

but if you try cut off -7 levels, you'll see that at a 3/10 beard (for 'all') the chops and chin are already clean shaven

but, yeah, looks like a 7/10 chin and chops with 10/10 'stache... 10/10 chin is waaaaay longer than that

Miketv

I'm not at home, so... Can anyone test if they somehow fixed the beard with this new patch? I'm stuck at 7 like many people here.

Fennimoe

I had 10/10 by the end of the game, I used tonics religiously... I never cut/trimmed anything on my head. Not once.

FB-IMG-1542291361038.jpg

FB-IMG-1542291258566.jpg

FB-IMG-1542291356272.jpg

Edited by Fennimoe

3Prcntr

So tonic after 7 does nothing? Just wait for the time to pass?

Darealbandicoot

Did the patch address anything with beard growth? 

bnlxwlls
6 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Nope. Kept using tonics and sleeping for a good couple real life hours with no changes.

Furi0sa
6 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Of course it didn't. I wish someone knew why it works for some and others it doesn't and how to prevent the bug from happening.

Darealbandicoot
9 hours ago, scotthedge12 said:

Of course it didn't. I wish someone knew why it works for some and others it doesn't and how to prevent the bug from happening.

I guess keeping Arthur out of Mexico was more important lol

Cutter De Blanc

On chapter 4, right now my mustache is at 9, my chops are at 10, and my chin is at 7. I've been drinking 3 hair tonics a day for the past few ingame days, with no changes. Getting frustrated that the chin won't even out

I can grow a 10 beard faster than Arthur

Shave this guy's head bald and he's got hair again like five minutes later, but god forbid he should try to grow a beard

Also, I've stopped getting notifications that my hair tonic has worn off, so I'm wondering if the hair tonic is buggy. Who's stupid f*cking idea was it to make it so your hair won't keep growing without tonics anyway? It introduces a whole host of confusing problems that don't even need to exist. 

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Darealbandicoot
22 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

On chapter 4, right now my mustache is at 9, my chops are at 10, and my chin is at 7. I've been drinking 3 hair tonics a day for the past few ingame days, with no changes. Getting frustrated that the chin won't even out

I can grow a 10 beard faster than Arthur

Shave this guy's head bald and he's got hair again like five minutes later, but god forbid he should try to grow a beard

Also, I've stopped getting notifications that my hair tonic has worn off, so I'm wondering if the hair tonic is buggy. Who's stupid f*cking idea was it to make it so your hair won't keep growing without tonics anyway? It introduces a whole host of confusing problems that don't even need to exist. 

And if you shave it all off he can only grow up to 7 again until a time jump in the story where if your lucky, one or all will grow to 8.Brilliant Rockstar! 

Cutter De Blanc
38 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

And if you shave it all off he can only grow up to 7 again until a time jump in the story where if your lucky, one or all will grow to 8.Brilliant Rockstar! 

I'm not sure, I went to check it and I saw trimming it all at once, it was set at 10. I assume this means it can't grow anymore. I trimmed the chops and mustache back down to seven, and the whole thing is now set at 7, Im going to see if evening it out has any effect.

Darealbandicoot
27 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I'm not sure, I went to check it and I saw trimming it all at once, it was set at 10. I assume this means it can't grow anymore. I trimmed the chops and mustache back down to seven, and the whole thing is now set at 7, Im going to see if evening it out has any effect.

I already tested it. My mustache is 10 and the rest are 8.If it goes any lower then it won't grow past 7 or if I trim the mustache to 9 for example, It won't grow back to 10 unless it time skips from a mission or something. 

Cutter De Blanc

Well, I'm saying my chops didn't get to 10 through a time skip or anything, so I'd assume they can get there again along with the rest this time

metalgod1990
On 11/13/2018 at 11:47 PM, Fatsanchez said:

2zBTG.png

I am at chapter 6 stuck at 9. It wouldn't grow to 9 until late  chapter 5 anyway. Does anyone if sleeping time counts in the hours as well? Also how do I get into 10?

Cutter De Blanc

I've just started drinking 3 hair tonics when I start up the game, then waiting.  My chops have grown to 9, but my mustache and chin are stuck at 7. He looks really stupid like this. Also the guide seems to be wrong as facial hair stops growing without tonics at level 7 not 6

Misprision

Hi guys, I thought I would follow up on this topic, as I had been following it early on when I too was trying to get max beard length. As it turns out, beard length is not locked by chapter progression. Two players, @idk47322779 and eatablecookie858 on YouTube discovered that something wonky happened to the beard growth mechanic with the day one patch of the game. Basically, for those with physical copies (sorry digital owners, you're out of luck until Rockstar fixes the issue--if they ever do), you uninstall the game and reinstall it without updating the game. See eatablecookie858's video here for tips:

The comments section has some more effective version for maxing out the beard growth depending on where you are in the story. The only thing I would mention is that you do not need to continuously chug tonics. Once you have 7/10 beard growth, chug three tonics and just keep sleeping. I would sleep twice, save, reload, sleep twice again, save, and reload and keep repeating the process until another growth level occurred. Only then would I drink three more tonics. From growth level 7 to growth level 10, it only takes 9 tonics total and lots of sleeping. Finally, for proof of 10/10 beard growth in Chapter 2:

Hope this helps people that are still interested. Again, all credit to @idk47322779 and eatablecookie858.

Cutter De Blanc

Unfortunately my game is glitched, and the hair tonics only affect his chops

Furi0sa
7 hours ago, Misprision said:

Hi guys, I thought I would follow up on this topic, as I had been following it early on when I too was trying to get max beard length. As it turns out, beard length is not locked by chapter progression. Two players, @idk47322779 and eatablecookie858 on YouTube discovered that something wonky happened to the beard growth mechanic with the day one patch of the game. Basically, for those with physical copies (sorry digital owners, you're out of luck until Rockstar fixes the issue--if they ever do), you uninstall the game and reinstall it without updating the game. See eatablecookie858's video here for tips:

The comments section has some more effective version for maxing out the beard growth depending on where you are in the story. The only thing I would mention is that you do not need to continuously chug tonics. Once you have 7/10 beard growth, chug three tonics and just keep sleeping. I would sleep twice, save, reload, sleep twice again, save, and reload and keep repeating the process until another growth level occurred. Only then would I drink three more tonics. From growth level 7 to growth level 10, it only takes 9 tonics total and lots of sleeping. Finally, for proof of 10/10 beard growth in Chapter 2:

Hope this helps people that are still interested. Again, all credit to @idk47322779 and eatablecookie858.

The new patch automatically installed when I downloaded the game from disc. How do you reinstall without the new patch? If I did all this and it didn't work I'd be so pissed. I'm guessing you can't play online without the patches

Misprision
1 hour ago, scotthedge12 said:

The new patch automatically installed when I downloaded the game from disc. How do you reinstall without the new patch? If I did all this and it didn't work I'd be so pissed. I'm guessing you can't play online without the patches

Delete the game from the hard drive, disconnect your console from the internet, reinstall the game, grow the beard, then reconnect to the internet and install the most recent patch.

Drake713

I finally got my beard to 10/10 in all categories... what did you guys do at this point?  Any styling or just leave it at 10/10?

Furi0sa
23 minutes ago, Misprision said:

Delete the game from the hard drive, disconnect your console from the internet, reinstall the game, grow the beard, then reconnect to the internet and install the most recent patch.

Thanks bud, really appreciate this beard news. When I start a new game I'll definitely try this method. I'm surprised once you have the 10/10 beard then install the patch it doesn't shave your face just to spite you. Not allowing John to hit max beard as a design choice then accidently f*cking up the whole mechanic for Arthur is asanine man.

Edited by scotthedge12

Misprision
41 minutes ago, scotthedge12 said:

Thanks bud, really appreciate this beard news. When I start a new game I'll definitely try this method. I'm surprised once you have the 10/10 beard then install the patch it doesn't shave your face just to spite you. Not allowing John to hit max beard as a design choice then accidently f*cking up the whole mechanic for Arthur is asanine man.

Yes, it is extremely stupid. I can't help but think Rockstar is just making that up as an excuse to not admit they've broken the mechanic entirely.

Darealbandicoot
On 12/21/2018 at 6:48 PM, Misprision said:

I can confirm this. Seriously how the f*ck do Rockstar break these things and not notice?! 

Furi0sa

I reinstalled without patches and loaded my 2nd playthrough in chapter 4. Was able to max the beard after one hour of fast travels and loading days at the fence over and over. So the day 1 patch was definitely the culprit, not a user error. I grew the full sick beard, saved and am now updating the game. I'll do the same when I get John again later. That patch sucks. 

After playing online for a while it's crazy how much better single player feels. Jeez its gorgeous. I noticed the weight system is even more broken without the day one patch as I cant gain weight but beard > slightly thicc. Anyway great find and I'm glad I can finally have the facial hair I choose.