4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Furi0sa

For those that maxed 10/10 chin beard

Rykjeklut

12 hours ago, scotthedge12 said:

I don't understand the logic behind this chin pube/chapter progression. Why am I able to near max a stash and grow out a long mane in chapter 2 but I can't grow a huge beard until chapter 5/6. What if I spend months of game time in chapter 2. Why am I not allowed, it doesn't create more immersion.

MUH IMMERSION

You aren't supposed to spend several months in each chapter, it follows the story.

I don't know how to spoiler, but it makes sense when you progress. At least it did for me.

Edited by Rykjeklut

Tampinha85

This is a gameplay mechanic, it has nothing to do with the pace of story.

Callahan44
3 hours ago, Tampinha85 said:

Im confused because as soon as you get to St Dennis back from the island is the beggining of chapter 6 already, no? 

Also i think they grown in different pace, chin grows faster than moustache, so perhaps we can max out our chin before cp 5 but not the moustache.

Spoiler

Chapter 6 starts after you cleared the murfree cave with charles.

Btw u agree it should be possible to get a longer beard early. It doesnt affect anything. If you spent weeks hunting in chapter 2 instead of doin story missions, thats how it is,doesnt make sense your beard doesnt grow. 

MagicNarcosis

I was hunting for about 15+ in game days for LOTE satchel.

Soon as I hit chapter 4 my chops hit 9

everything else is at a 7-8. 

I drank about 200 bucks in tonic so far.

Lance_Vance89
5 hours ago, Tampinha85 said:

chin grows faster than moustache

It's the other way around for me. At least from clean shaven in chapter 4. 

Furi0sa

1.5k views later and we're all no closer to answers. Can confirm it's easier to grow a full beard in life than in this game.

I did the legendary satchel in chapter 2, did some legendary hunts and slept a lot with tonics. No growth past 7, however mustache is at an 8.

Just started chapter 3. Mustache is at a 9. Chin and chops still locked at 7. Drinking tonics and sleeping in a feeble attempt to get to 8 as someone on this board said you can hit 8 in chapter 3. It gets old though doing the tonic sleep routine. Mustache grows quicker and earlier than chin.

Tampinha85

well judging by the lack of information about this in the official guide i would assume this feature might be bugged, like the personal cars in GTAV, also some people claim to have full beard in early chapters..so i really dont know.

This and the low variety of revolvers are the only two things frustrating me in this game :/

Furi0sa

I'd hope for a patch but its been like a month so I guess this will be bugged forever

MagicNarcosis

we'll probably get a patch when RDO comes out.

Furi0sa

Well fellow beard acolytes here's a piss poor quality youtube video with proof of a level 10 chin pube beard as early as chapter 4. It looks stunning paired with the suit and cigar. HOW DO I ACCOMPLISH DISSSSS

OhHeyBro
On 11/14/2018 at 10:02 AM, kushnstien said:

You need to use the hair growth tonic for it to get max

I don't think I could ever get my beard above 9. Even after drinking multiple hair tonics and sleeping.

Edited by OhHeyBro

MagicNarcosis
6 hours ago, scotthedge12 said:

Well fellow beard acolytes here's a piss poor quality youtube video with proof of a level 10 chin pube beard as early as chapter 4. It looks stunning paired with the suit and cigar. HOW DO I ACCOMPLISH DISSSSS

I hate you...

"Presses triangle to rob for beard"

Darealbandicoot
On 11/17/2018 at 12:42 AM, Callahan44 said:

I was at the barber shop in st. denis.

Dont see how to edit my post,at the beginning you can see my beautiful lvl 10 chin beard. No proof im in chapter 5...but i have no reason to lie lol.

Lol you bumped into a guard. Whole towns reaction "KILL HIIIIIMMMMMM!!!!" 

11 hours ago, MagicNarcosis said:

The patch will ONLY be for Red Dead Online. Single player will be lucky if its patched. 

MagicNarcosis
8 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Lol you bumped into a guard. Whole towns reaction "KILL HIIIIIMMMMMM!!!!" 

The patch will ONLY be for Red Dead Online. Single player will be lucky if its patched. 

I mean that's possible - no patch, and all but I'm sure there will be some kind of fix for a few things that have been spoken on.

Lance_Vance89
21 hours ago, MagicNarcosis said:

9 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Single player will be lucky if its patched

Best thing you can do is report it as a bug on rockstars website.

ghostsoap01

Its bugged. I'm in chapter 6, level 7 chin and sideburns, level 9 mustache, slept for 40 in game days with some missions and exploration mixed in taking tonics constantly, with no change in beard length ever happening.

On 11/17/2018 at 9:01 AM, Tampinha85 said:

Im confused because as soon as you get to St Dennis back from the island is the beggining of chapter 6 already, no? 

Also i think they grown in different pace, chin grows faster than moustache, so perhaps we can max out our chin before cp 5 but not the moustache.

It only becomes chapter 6 once you

Spoiler

move from Lakay to Beaver Hollow. That means you can do a few missions in chapter 5 after returning from Guarma, like the hot air balloon mission, or that one unfortunate visit to the doctor's office.

Edited by ghostsoap01
adding spoiler tags

MagicNarcosis
16 hours ago, ghostsoap01 said:
Spoiler

Its bugged. I'm in chapter 6, level 7 chin and sideburns, level 9 mustache, slept for 40 in game days with some missions and exploration mixed in taking tonics constantly, with no change in beard length ever happening.

It only becomes chapter 6 once you move from Lakay to Beaver Hollow. That means you can do a few missions in chapter 5 after returning from Guarma, like the hot air balloon mission, or that one unfortunate visit to the doctor's office.

Bro you need to drop spoiler tags...

f*ck i blame myself and these smoke breaks for being here. 

I think mine is glitched, too. 

My chin is stuck at 7, chops 9, stache 7.

Edited by MagicNarcosis

ghostsoap01
10 hours ago, MagicNarcosis said:

Bro you need to drop spoiler tags...

Sorry. Thought I was making any spoilery stuff ambiguous but your right, I'll add spoiler tags to it.

Edited by ghostsoap01
Text wasn't default colour originally

Furi0sa

Yeah I'm in chapter 4 again now. Chops and chin locked at 7. This is kind of petty of me but the glitch is kind of ruining my 2nd playthrough. I wish someone knew how to make it work as other people have gotten it to grow. I shaved his head and face and got all his hair grown back to level 7 in about 30 mins sleeping with tonics but then it gets stuck again. Its garbage. I reported the bug.

No amount of tonics sleep or hunting will make it work 

Edited by scotthedge12

MagicNarcosis
15 minutes ago, scotthedge12 said:

Yeah I'm in chapter 4 again now. Chops and chin locked at 7. This is kind of petty of me but the glitch is kind of ruining my 2nd playthrough. I wish someone knew how to make it work as other people have gotten it to grow. I shaved his head and face and got all his hair grown back to level 7 in about 30 mins sleeping with tonics but then it gets stuck again. Its garbage. I reported the bug.

No amount of tonics sleep or hunting will make it work 

Yeah i'm dealing with the same thing now. 

I was hoping maybe trimming it to get it to go but I waited to see if anybody had a method here before chopping my sh*t.

Furi0sa
7 minutes ago, MagicNarcosis said:

Yeah i'm dealing with the same thing now. 

I was hoping maybe trimming it to get it to go but I waited to see if anybody had a method here before chopping my sh*t.

Theres like no outcry online about I so the chances of it being patched are about 0 percent. The full beard looks amazing and is animated really well. Why'd they waste the time creating it since its borderline impossible to achieve 

ghostsoap01
8 hours ago, MagicNarcosis said:

I was hoping maybe trimming it

I tried it, now the mustache also doesn't go past 7, so I would not recommend trying this.

8 hours ago, scotthedge12 said:

Theres like no outcry online about I so the chances of it being patched are about 0 percent.

There are some posts on reddit about it, but thats about it.

Fugitive21

I will say this. If I have my hair styled by a barber on Arthur no matter how many tonics I take my hair wont grow. This is in chapter 6. My beard will but my hair wont. I noticed that from episode 6 till end game. My hair never grew.

Spoiler

On John I shaved my head and took tonics and it grew fine.

MagicNarcosis
1 hour ago, ghostsoap01 said:

I tried it, now the mustache also doesn't go past 7, so I would not recommend trying this.

There are some posts on reddit about it, but thats about it.

I brought my chops down to 8 from 10 so it could hopefully even out. 

Damn lol.

Furi0sa
4 hours ago, Fugitive21 said:

I will say this. If I have my hair styled by a barber on Arthur no matter how many tonics I take my hair wont grow. This is in chapter 6. My beard will but my hair wont. I noticed that from episode 6 till end game. My hair never grew.

Reveal hidden contents

On John I shaved my head and took tonics and it grew fine.

Interesting. I'm able to shave arthurs head and get back to 7 length in about 25 minutes of tonics and sleeping. Why is the coolest mechanic so broken and different for everyone?

bnlxwlls

I'm also having this issue. Lots of conflicting theories about when you can grow to max length. However I have found the easiest way to sleep and buy tonics. Which is if you do it in Valentine. But even after HOURS of playing did nothing for me in each chapter.

- Start when the store opens

- Drink 3 tonics.

- Buy 3 more from the store

- Sleep till night

- Drink 1 x tonic

- Sleep till noon

- Drink 1 x tonic

- Sleep till night

- Drink 1 x tonic

- Go to the store (it will be closed) then wait till morning.

- Repeat.

This saves you having to wait around to the next time you can sleep. you'll be able to go back to the hotel and start the process again.

Edited by bnlxwlls

Furi0sa
13 hours ago, bnlxwlls said:

I'm also having this issue. Lots of conflicting theories about when you can grow to max length. However I have found the easiest way to sleep and buy tonics. Which is if you do it in Valentine. But even after HOURS of playing did nothing for me in each chapter.

- Start when the store opens

- Drink 3 tonics.

- Buy 3 more from the store

- Sleep till night

- Drink 1 x tonic

- Sleep till noon

- Drink 1 x tonic

- Sleep till night

- Drink 1 x tonic

- Go to the store (it will be closed) then wait till morning.

- Repeat.

This saves you having to wait around to the next time you can sleep. you'll be able to go back to the hotel and start the process again.

I replied to your thread, check it out

Deadman2112
On 11/13/2018 at 5:47 PM, Fatsanchez said:

2zBTG.png

On 11/13/2018 at 5:53 PM, Semaj 2JZ♢ said:

There's a notification during Chapter 2 that says only how long your beard can grow naturally, 6/10, and 7/10 max with tonic. You must progress to get longer growth options. Sorry.

I don't know where you guys are getting this bad info from or what you are doing wrong but I'll put up a video and prove that this is 1000000000% wrong, if you like?

I'm in chapter 2 and have a 10/10 and it stopped growing naturally at 8/10. I did have to use tonics to go further but it was easy.

All i did was go to Valentine and got 3 tonics. Drank then in the store. Got 3 more before leaving went to the inn and slept the max.

Then jumped on a coach to Strawberry. Went to the inn, drank the next 3 and then slept the max again.

Then hitched a lift on a coach back to Valentine. Once I was there I repeated this maybe 6 times and it was done.

Although, I'm not sure why it's such a concern, I didn't receive anything as a reward for doing it.

It's just like all the misinformation about certain horse. Two in particular that come to mind are the Black and White Splash Painted, said to not be found wild (Yet I found one wild) and the other is the Trigger Stripped Mustang said to not be available in chapter 2.

Guy said there is no way I had one in chapter 2. So I put up a video showing it, and the game progress. Then about an hour later he said oh you must have stolen it from Saint Denis, and another guy said I must have glitched it.

So I made a second video showing the location and me catching the horse wild. In the video I made it said bay coat, so he called me an idiot yet in his own video he said and I quote...

When you first catch the horse it will say bay coat until you stable it. 

...I was sitting there in disbelief shaking my head thinking what a fk'n moron. He's is so ignorant that he just contraindicated exactly what he just said in the video.

Only thing I can say is stop placing faith in guys how are good playing YouTube for likes and views at regurgitating misinformation, and start asking people who are good at video games.

Edited by Deadman2112

Darealbandicoot
On 11/17/2018 at 2:01 PM, Tampinha85 said:

I've maxed out my mustache and I just started chapter 4

Tampinha85

Im at the beggining of cp.4, before the st dennis party mission and with mustache lvl 7 and chin lvl 5, its been like this for days and tons of tonics :(

Edited by Tampinha85