4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
3Prcntr

Chance Encounter building a house with sons

3Prcntr

I loaned a man and his two sons $100 to finish building their house. I need to go back and collect the money, but forgot where it was. Does anyone know the location? I managed to stumble upon it twice to get to this point but I wait too long they will sell the house and move on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Oldsport
8 minutes ago, 3Prcntr said:

I loaned a man and his two sons $100 to finish building their house. I need to go back and collect the money, but forgot where it was. Does anyone know the location? I managed to stumble upon it twice to get to this point but I wait too long they will sell the house and move on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

they wont move on without you, its just below valentine by the way

3Prcntr

Awesome. I thought it was somewhere near there. Pretty sure I know the location so I'll go collect now.

3Prcntr

got it. thanks

Rykjeklut

I got this on my first playthrough, but didn't have the money at the time. Still got completed by the end of the game.

RyuNova

Sorry to topic hijack but this guy is mad at me and I dont know why. Tells me to leave his property.

UncleScrooge
6 hours ago, Oldsport said:

they wont move on without you

Having started this in Chapter 2 and not returning to it until after completing the Epilogue I can confidently say they will move on without you.

The side mission is still active, but I can't complete it since the house is built and new people are living there.

3 hours ago, RyuNova said:

Sorry to topic hijack but this guy is mad at me and I dont know why. Tells me to leave his property.

Did you shoot him or his family at any point? When reading about my issue (above) I saw mention any kind of violence towards the family results in the behaviour you described.

Edited by UncleScrooge

RyuNova
57 minutes ago, UncleScrooge said:

Did you shoot him or his family at any point? When reading about my issue (above) I saw mention any kind of violence towards the family results in the behaviour you described.

No, I knew of him but I didn't know where he was. I came into Valentine from a different direction the other day and heard him shouting at his sons so went to investigate and he was like "How dare you come back here! Git boi!"

GN 92
8 hours ago, Oldsport said:

they wont move on without you, its just below valentine by the way

Hey I went there in the beginning of the game, but some gang was attacking them. I wonder if they’re still around.

Ayesha

Can anyone please tell me where I can find this stranger? 

Tonesta
14 minutes ago, Ayesha said:

Can anyone please tell me where I can find this stranger? 

It's a little outside of Valentine - if you head southwest out of the town, it's not far off the road on the southern (i.e. cliff) side. And it's not a Stranger - just a random event (although the two are rather blurred in RDR2!)

I'm still in Chapter 3, but have already been there three times. The first, one of the walls of the house almost fell on me. The second, they were in a shootout with a bunch of randoms. The third, the father beckoned me over but then just ranted about his sons. He's never yet asked me for anything!

feckyerlife
55 minutes ago, Tonesta said:

It's a little outside of Valentine - if you head southwest out of the town, it's not far off the road on the southern (i.e. cliff) side. And it's not a Stranger - just a random event (although the two are rather blurred in RDR2!)

I'm still in Chapter 3, but have already been there three times. The first, one of the walls of the house almost fell on me. The second, they were in a shootout with a bunch of randoms. The third, the father beckoned me over but then just ranted about his sons. He's never yet asked me for anything!

Next time you go, the house will look finished, but he will be panicking and then he will ask you for money or to get him supplies, then the next time after the house will be finished. I haven't met the farmers that bought the house yet.

Edited by feckyerlife

Nutduster

They will definitely move on without you, because I missed this event in my game and went to find it, currently partway through chapter 3. The house is built and random strangers live there already.  (I've spent a lot of time hunting and doing challenges, so my guess is that the house gets built in a set amount of game time and is not controlled by how far through the story you are.)

The N. Bellic Man

One thing that bothered me was that there was an option to steal lumber from the lumber yard. When I went there there wasn't any lumber to steal. I checked twice after that and I could only sell foreman some supplies and kill the wolves like he asked. So, is possible to steal lumber? If it is then when?

Mach1bud
1 minute ago, The N. Bellic Man said:

One thing that bothered me was that there was an option to steal lumber from the lumber yard. When I went there there wasn't any lumber to steal. I checked twice after that and I could only sell foreman some supplies and kill the wolves like he asked. So, is possible to steal lumber? If it is then when?

I stole some. Was just a wagon/horses with lumber on it. There were two there.  

Sandereas

Haha. I just found them yesterday. The father was really mad at me. I really can't remember what I've done to him lol. 

RyuNova
11 minutes ago, Sandereas said:

Haha. I just found them yesterday. The father was really mad at me. I really can't remember what I've done to him lol. 

Same. I have a feeling that a certain event in town in Chapter 2 is a little too close to his house and thats what annoys me.

tonko

I never ran into father and son. Was too busy hunting perfect wolf pelts. 

The N. Bellic Man
13 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

I stole some. Was just a wagon/horses with lumber on it. There were two there.  

But when? Or how?

Like I said I visited their camp three times and nothing. I mean I saw a wagon but there was not lumber on it.

Mach1bud
18 minutes ago, The N. Bellic Man said:

But when? Or how?

Like I said I visited their camp three times and nothing. I mean I saw a wagon but there was not lumber on it.

I think it's dynamic. As in, they operate on a schedule, hauling wood to somewhere else at certain times (idk for sure, just sounds like it's likely.)

I went straight there after talking to the guy about the house. It was just before lunch time. As I got off my horse someone called out that it was time to eat, and most of them walked over to their camp area to eat, so that's when I stole the wagon. Was pretty easy to get away.

Now, I should say that there is no marker for the wagons or anything special happening there, it's all normal as it always is. I visited the area long before I got the side mission, and there was one wagon there and they were on the same lunch/dinner schedule.

That's all I got about it lol. Didn't seem like a big deal to me.

Edited by Mach1bud
Maybe it even depends on the day of the week?

Sandereas
2 hours ago, RyuNova said:

Same. I have a feeling that a certain event in town in Chapter 2 is a little too close to his house and thats what annoys me.

Yea I guess you're right. I also had something similar in Valentine. All the shopkeepers had bandages on them like I attacked and bombed the whole town. I didn't even know wtf was going on. Maybe a little shoot out near town but nothing more. This game really needs a patch. Coming a cross more and more of these weird things.

feckyerlife
4 hours ago, Sandereas said:

Yea I guess you're right. I also had something similar in Valentine. All the shopkeepers had bandages on them like I attacked and bombed the whole town. I didn't even know wtf was going on. Maybe a little shoot out near town but nothing more. This game really needs a patch. Coming a cross more and more of these weird things.

IF you go back tto valentine right after the shootout with dutch and cornwalls guys, a lot of people in town will be bandaged up from the shootout.

feckyerlife
7 hours ago, RyuNova said:

I am not sure if its a bug or maybe just how the game is. But if you shoot near the house, or approach the house with a weapon in hand, Then its like that side activity fails and they will tell you to go away the rest of the time. On my first play through (when i had the other bug) i met them fine the first and i believe the second time. On the third meeting they were having the shootout with the strangers, i approached from behind the strangers and kill them. Then the old man told me to go away and i had a wanted warning. Seems like you always have to approach them directly and peacefully. 

Sandereas
10 hours ago, feckyerlife said:

IF you go back tto valentine right after the shootout with dutch and cornwalls guys, a lot of people in town will be bandaged up from the shootout.

Oh oke. Well I was just free roaming the whole time no missions so that couldn't be it. Maybe I missed something else I have no idea.

PapasHota

Do they respawn? i just killed them.

Pressure Drop

I completed a few tasks for them, and gave them $100 for supplies, but didn't come back for a while, then when I went back, the house was built, but when I talked to the guy living there, it was just a standard greeting, "Hi Mister" with no special dialogue. I might have missed out on the final part due to taking so long before going back, I thought there might be another interaction to be had

phipfwe76
On 11/13/2018 at 5:50 PM, Nutduster said:

They will definitely move on without you, because I missed this event in my game and went to find it, currently partway through chapter 3. The house is built and random strangers live there already.  (I've spent a lot of time hunting and doing challenges, so my guess is that the house gets built in a set amount of game time and is not controlled by how far through the story you are.)

That's strange. I met them for the first time in chapter 6, and they were still building the house. 

Nutduster
5 minutes ago, phipfwe76 said:

That's strange. I met them for the first time in chapter 6, and they were still building the house. 

Huh. I wonder if I did something that triggered the event to start without realizing. I definitely never noticed them building the house, or interacted with them.

Mach1bud
8 minutes ago, Nutduster said:

Huh. I wonder if I did something that triggered the event to start without realizing. I definitely never noticed them building the house, or interacted with them.

You sure you are at the right house?

Fluffy Sock

First time I met them, during chapter 2, they were threatened by O'Driscolls. I got rid of the O'Driscolls and the father thanked me. 

Second time, chapter 3, at night, a few ingame weeks after you know what. The man told me about how slow the construction progress was, but didn't borrow me money.

I'll come back soon to see what happens, at daytime.