3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sebor

What is your favourite town?

GN 92

Been to Strawberry today. No saloon no fun.

I'll stick with Valentine and St Denis.

phipfwe76

Strawberry.

It has a great wilderness feel, and the stream running through it is just beautiful. The inside of the hotel is gorgeous, and you can almost smell/feel the fresh, brisk air coming through the TV. I always pay the $1 to spend the night if I'm nearby instead of just camping.

CanYouDigIt

Blackwater... wait...

Audiophile

If Strawberry had a saloon/barber, it would probably be my favourite. I also wish Annesburg had a saloon. It is a mining town, after all. 

I'll have to go with my top 3: Valentine, Saint Denis, Van Horn. It's really hard to choose between the 3. 

Oldsport
57 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

If Strawberry had a saloon/barber, it would probably be my favourite. I also wish Annesburg had a saloon. It is a mining town, after all. 

I'll have to go with my top 3: Valentine, Saint Denis, Van Horn. It's really hard to choose between the 3. 

yeah i noticed they all gather at the post office at night and listened to some guy play the accordian lol rockstar shouldve just gave all the towns a couple of saloons because id imagine that theyd wanna get drunk after working in the mines all day

Edited by Oldsport

DentureDynamite

Probably Van Horn Trading Post for its Fence. :) I'll never shoot the guy, as he doesn't give me guff.

But all the towns and cities have good aspects about them... I just get creeped out by some of the places in between.

The wooded hills near Annesburg is downright chilling to ride through with those bullet-resistant cannibals; reminds me of Japan's suicide forest. 8-O

Tonesta
1 hour ago, Oldsport said:

yeah i noticed they all gather at the post office at night and listened to some guy play the accordian lol rockstar shouldve just gave all the towns a couple of saloons because id imagine that theyd wanna get drunk after working in the mines all day

One of my favourite early experiences in this game was walking into the Annesburg Post Office/Station and finding those guys. I'd kind of burst through the doors, so the music stopped and everyone stared at me.

I greeted them (Arthur came up with a generic "Everyone sure is friendly around here") and then they immediately went back to playing and chattering away. It was an awesome moment!

Have to say that despite being 50+ hours into the game, and two thirds of the way through Chapter 3, I still haven't been to St. Denis or Van Horn (or the old RDR1 towns, of course). Waiting till the story or a random event takes me there (that's the only reason why I went to Annesburg....or Lagras......).

But for me, so far it's Strawberry. Been spending a lot of time in Big Valley - love the alpine feel!

Jason

It's like picking between your favourite kid... Hmm.

St Denis or Valentine, I think. Valentine cause it's the first place you visit and has that same sort of proper cowboy town feel that Armadillo has and St Denis is just packed with detail and life.

éX-Driver

Wapiti reservation.

Dr.Rosenthal

I think St. Denis is amazing, especially because of all the "turn of the century"-detailing. The art, architecture and overall art direction and atmosphere, the strangers and their missions, the stark contrast to the beautiful wild nature around it (well, the swamps are closest of course and they're not very "pretty" per se, but you get my meaning).

I also really like Strawberry because it's so cozy, but of course it's small and don't have much to offer. I love spending time hunting in West Elizabeth though, using Strawberry as a close home base.

Really it's hard to pick though, because I like all the towns in their own right.

AcropolisGER

Saint Denis & Valentine

Saint Denis is just huge and looks very well made/designed.

Valentine is the first town you get to and it just has something that makes me visit it quite often

Blasterman4EVER

Valentine. It's what I had in mind.

"It's what I had in mind." Good town motto.

Cutter De Blanc

Armadillo is almost perfect this time around, really love that wild west feel the place has now, and it's one of the few lawless communities in the game. Aesthetically there and Saint Denis,  which is the polar opposite, are probably my favorite,  but as someone else said it's like trying to choose between your favorite child. And all of the towns have some flaw keeping them from being absolutely perfect, and I kind of like that.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Sebor

Having spend some time in tumbleweed i really like that town now as well! They have a cool sherrif!

Emmi

Armadillo, Tumbleweed and Valentine.

In Armadillo I can be an outlaw and its atmosphere is even better than in RDR1. The sandstorms are incredible!

Gallows
On 11/13/2018 at 2:34 AM, MjrOu812 said:

Very funny, lol, but also true...its very easy in this game to get bounties.😈

It’s also very easy NOT to get bounties, if you stay away from train robberies. 😏

Lonely-Martin

Rhodes for me.

Though I like all areas, though Strawberry might have if more was there, beautiful lil' town too.

SonOfLiberty
1 hour ago, Emmi said:

Armadillo, Tumbleweed and Valentine.

In Armadillo I can be an outlaw and its atmosphere is even better than in RDR1. The sandstorms are incredible!

I actually like Armadillo more than in Red Dead Redemption. 

I don't mind the lack of people since it's explained away with the cholera plague and it feels like a proper wild west desolate sh*t hole. It's kinda weird roaming it with John considering it's 4 years before. One of the first things I did was go to the sheriff's office to find it completely abandoned.

Jabalous

Valentine. I like the mountain views in the back. The Heartlands is overall my favorite region. It's peaceful, open and with great sceneries. 

B_E_N_1992

tumbleweed

VercettiGuy

I think there should have been another village up in the snowy Grizzlies, in the middle of nowhere.

It's kind of boring up there. Well not boring, but I'd appreciate more ways to get to places, it's always a dead end and you have to take the same route back.

Strawberry is very romantic, Valentine has it all. St. Denis is amazing, love being there. Can't choose a favorite.

I dislike Annesburg, because there's guards everywhere near the mine entrance and they will shoot you if you come too close.

Emmi
3 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

I actually like Armadillo more than in Red Dead Redemption.

Yeah, I think I like it more as well ... I spend most of my time there and in Tumbleweed now. :)

mde2

Strawberry cuz its the comfiest town.

Penicuikscotland2010
On 11/13/2018 at 5:52 PM, DentureDynamite said:

The wooded hills near Annesburg is downright chilling to ride through with those bullet-resistant cannibals; reminds me of Japan's suicide forest. 8-O

It really does look like that place. Doesn't get any spookier than Roanake. I wonder if that's where R* got the idea.

At the moment. St Denis. I love all of them though. 

ram_pete67

Blackwater

SAS_Intruder

I believe every place should have something to get inside and at least have a meal if not drink alcohol.  I was very disappointed to see how Annesburg or Strawberry are lacking some form of saloon or something similar. 

Also, Ambarino should have settlement.  It is missed opportunity really and while I didn't mind it at the beginning I was hoping that after the ending,  the place story started would again have some people there. 

josephene123

I'm not understanding the love for Strawberry, nothing happens there! I enjoy the environment but can't get past how static it is.

My favourite is Valentine, 100%.

Guess I like both Valentine and Black Water the most. Saint Deniz looks nice when you don't look down on the streets, which are always filled with dirt,  some wet stuff and just feels like smelling of horse piss a lot more than small dirtroad towns, despite it being a bigger and more civilized city. It's like I can always smell the city stink when I'm there, especially when it 's raining, at night. 

Black Water seems more organised, eventhough it probably isn't. 

Edited by Guest

alexbebe

St dennis

MostWantedMVP

Sweet Valentine, good times never seemed so good.