4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

alexanderpenn21

What is wrong with people?

Labovasha
1 hour ago, Jason said:

The thing with sprinting through forests/rocky areas is that the horse will always naturally try to avoid obstacles, but in dense areas like that avoiding one obstacle can put your horse on the path of another and if your horse is sprinting his reaction time and turning ability is severely limited. This can be seen as horses being glitchy or dumb or unresponsive but the fault almost always lies with the player. The game allows you to sprint with a horse in a situation where a real horse wouldn't and cause of this you can cause it to do things a real horse wouldn't, it's not a "glitch", it's just not using the mechanic properly.

That's not to say the AI for them is completely flawless, sometimes they get lost trying to find you when you whistle, sometimes they'll do stuff like swerve behind a fence to avoid an oncoming wagon or just in general get a bit confused trying to dodge oncoming vehicles, in very rare situations they might fall off a cliff of something when trying to find you, and cinematic camera pathing can be wonky at times.

But that video linked a page or so back when the horse hit the tree is because of the player.

Are yu talking to me? I never said the collisions were due to glitches. I said these are path finding issues and I also said that the horse could be canceling out the turn inputs which causes it to go straight. I'f this is true then it sould not happen, the horse should just ignore the turn command until it gets around the object or stop, that is realistic behavior..

The buggy section I was referring to was the horse straffig up a hill at a crooked angle. even if it actively tried to avoid the cliff it still was a game hiccup regardless.

My whole point was it does these things because it is a video game and that's ok. It's just stupid to use real world comparisons and to dismiss these things as user error especial when the user is using a command to avoid the obstacle. If the horse auto steers then that is not the players fault because they didn't make the decision, the ai did and it is never consistent. Player error would be having control of something and crashing it themselves.

29 minutes ago, Gallows said:

You see in the video the horse goes left, reacts and then goes right. You didn’t control it to make it go left, then I don’t know. I’ve not seen a horse make a distinctive turn like that without my input.

No matter what. The horse goes left as seen in the video and reacts by going right, resulting in the accident.

Ok I don't care what you do with your game. It was left turning but was strafing right. It did not make a right turn.

It only did this one time, this is not the horse attempting to avoid the ledge. 

It happened, that is the end..

Edited by Labovasha

Gallows

I can see the horse move the head from side to side. I can see arthurs elbows go out. That video shows it all. When your horse reacts as it did with the head and you speed up. That’s just a bad call.

Labovasha
11 minutes ago, Gallows said:

I can see the horse move the head from side to side. I can see arthurs elbows go out. That video shows it all. When your horse reacts as it did with the head and you speed up. That’s just a bad call.

You literally just made that up...Stop lying..

Gallows
5 minutes ago, Labovasha said:

You literally just made that up...Stop lying..

Made it up? It’s from the video you posted.

Head of horse swinging back and forth, look at arthurs arms. No need to argue really, the video is there for everyone to watch using youtubes 0.25 speed.

Labovasha
1 minute ago, Gallows said:

Made it up? It’s from the video you posted.

Head of horse swinging back and forth, look at arthurs arms. No need to argue really, the video is there for everyone to watch using youtubes 0.25 speed.

The head always sways when it starts to accelerate........

Gallows
6 minutes ago, Labovasha said:

The head always sways when it starts to accelerate........

Not like that, but in any case it is a fluke as you yourself stated a non repoducable incident. 

Labovasha
Just now, Gallows said:

Not like that, but in any case it is a fluke as you yourself stated a non repoducable incident. 

Yes they do especially when they are agitated.

Good, now we see how stupid it was to have pretended like I made a huge deal out of it by simply acknowledging that "flukes" could happen because it is just a video game. Again, not bashing the horse mechanics.

Gallows
2 minutes ago, Labovasha said:

Yes they do especially when they are agitated.

Good, now we see how stupid it was to have pretended like I made a huge deal out of it by simply acknowledging that "flukes" could happen because it is just a video game. Again, not bashing the horse mechanics.

If not bashing the horse mechanics was the intent, then you failed at that on occasion 😁

I have had such things happen for the first many hours, but not anymore. If you treat the horse like a conscious creature with some quirks, you can remain in control 99% of the time in such situations, which I find more than enough to be satisfactory.

Labovasha
14 minutes ago, Gallows said:

If not bashing the horse mechanics was the intent, then you failed at that on occasion 😁

I have had such things happen for the first many hours, but not anymore. If you treat the horse like a conscious creature with some quirks, you can remain in control 99% of the time in such situations, which I find more than enough to be satisfactory.

You know why you interpreted it that way that? because you're fanboying. People like you hear criticism as saying the system is bad. it is you who is blowing things out of proportion. Your statement is evidence of this. You keep implying that this is recurring issue for people who bring it up. My horse is not stupid the majority of the time either but I understand when someone says they could act strange. like I literally said I loved the horses.

learn the difference between acknowledging that something can happen and saying that it is a significant problem and this sort of discussion won't happen..

Edited by Labovasha

Gallows
27 minutes ago, Labovasha said:

You know why you interpreted it that way that? because you're fanboying. People like you hear criticism as saying the system is bad. it is you who is blowing things out of proportion. Your statement is evidence of this. You keep implying that this is recurring issue for people who bring it up. My horse is not stupid the majority of the time either but I understand when someone says they could act strange. like I literally said I loved the horses.

learn the difference between acknowledging that something can happen and saying that it is a significant problem and this sort of discussion won't happen..

That’s just not true. Some of your posts presents the issue as general ai pathfinding issues and not flukes. It’s fine if you have changed your mind, but go back and read your own posts.

I’m not a fanboy of anything. There are real issues with the game that can be reproduced like train robberies.

Your horse issues are not of that kind and when you make posts presenting the issue as a general thing it’s just wrong.

This does not present the issue as rare or fluke incidents, but is a general statement about a problem with the horses.

Quote: “That is not true. Horses do have some sort of path finding issues that cause them to steer right into trees. If you don't touch the stick they will just run head on into trees anyway because the a.i  does not judge space or time right.”

Edited by Gallows

Gallows
1 minute ago, McGhee said:

You boys should get a room. 

Keep your erotic man on man fantasies to yourself 😂

Labovasha
28 minutes ago, Gallows said:

That’s just not true. Some of your posts presents the issue as general ai pathfinding issues and not flukes. It’s fine if you have changed your mind, but go back and read your own posts.

I’m not a fanboy of anything. There are real issues with the game that can be reproduced like train robberies.

Your horse issues are not of that kind and when you make posts preventing the issue as a general thing it’s just wrong.

This does not present the issue as rare or fluke incidents, but is a general statement about a problem with the horses.

Quote: “That is not true. Horses do have some sort of path finding issues that cause them to steer right into trees. If you don't touch the stick they will just run head on into trees anyway because the a.i  does not judge space or time right.”

This another thing I noticed from you. You like to use nebulous wording or double meanings when you know you cannot back up the accusations you accuse others of doing.

You said flukes, I said they crash due to pathfinding issues, no where did I say it happens frequently.

That quote from my post does not say what you are accusing it of.

Do you think "will" means always? It does not if that is what you are referring to but yes both are path finding issues. regardless, I was referring to the control override as the main issue. I never went on about the cruise control.

AND i also said it did not repeat when I mentioned the bug, I forgot about that. You also are repeating what I just said just with different wording, they sometimes will do something stupid and when it does happen it is path finding because that is how they navigate.. So I do not get the point of your post..

Edited by Labovasha

Gallows
23 minutes ago, Labovasha said:

This another thing I noticed from you. You like to use nebulous wording or double meanings when you know you cannot back up the accusations you accuse others of doing.

You said flukes, I said they crash due to pathfinding issues, no where did I say it happens frequently.

That quote from my post does not say what you are accusing it of.

Do you think "will" means always? It does not if that is what you are referring to but yes both are path finding issues. regardless, I was referring to the control override as the main issue. I never went on about the cruise control.

AND i also said it did not repeat when I mentioned the bug, I forgot about that. You also are repeating what I just said just with different wording, they sometimes will do something stupid and when it does happen it is path finding because that is how they navigate.. So I do not get the point of your post..

If you don’t eat you will starve. Yes the word will does precisely mean that: “expressing inevitable events.”

If you meant may stear into trees then fine - I suppose it does happen, but it’s certainly not a common thing.

Labovasha
5 minutes ago, Gallows said:

If you don’t eat you will starve. Yes the word will does precisely mean that: “expressing inevitable events.”

If you meant may stear into trees then fine - I suppose it does happen, but it’s certainly not a common thing.

Yes I meant it as a prediction, I should of added sometimes.

Gallows
1 minute ago, Labovasha said:

Yes I meant it as a prediction, I should of added sometimes.

Aww disappointed. Was looking forward to your argument that dictionaries of the world are bugged 😂

Anyway have a good one and good luck with your horses. 😊

Labovasha
25 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Aww disappointed. Was looking forward to your argument that dictionaries of the world are bugged 😂

Anyway have a good one and good luck with your horses. 😊

ok.....

Be careful of how you use words and how you make your phrase...

2 hours ago, Labovasha said:

If you don't touch the stick they will just run head on into trees anyway because the a.i  does not judge space or time right.

This, implie that everytime you don't touch the stick they will crash into trees.

Slappy212

Maybe some people find the simulator mechanics annoying. 

25 minutes ago, Slappy212 said:

Maybe some people find the simulator mechanics annoying. 

The only simulator I seen here is an old married couple bickering. 😂

Gallows
3 hours ago, McGhee said:

The only simulator I seen here is an old married couple bickering. 😂

Listen son, don’t try to be clever with us... or you’re grounded 😝

RashFaustinho
On 11/17/2018 at 1:33 AM, Blasterman4EVER said:

Let’s not forget that most of the people complaining are likely children. Literally. That’s not me making fun of them. I am just being real. Anybody under 18 who is complaining about the difficulty of or hassle of certain game mechanics and control issues just hasn’t been through enough pain and suffering to be a wise and calm gamer.

This game would be maddening to anyone under 12, first of all.

Even to an 18 year old, this game might be frustrating.

But for 30 year olds who were born with a Nintendo controller in their hands, the depth and hassle of this game is what makes it the best ever.

This is a mature game in every sense.

If there is one thing I hate the most in videogame communities, it's a fandom self-proclaming more mature than the rest of the people to prove their "superior" tastes.

It happened in GTA 4, and as far as I'm seeing, it's happening in RDR2 again.

I hope I'll not be like that when I'll play this game.

woggleman

I have been noticing a sort of backlash to the backlash lately. People who like this game are letting their voices be heard.

Gallows
46 minutes ago, woggleman said:

I have been noticing a sort of backlash to the backlash lately. People who like this game are letting their voices be heard.

I think it’s because many people have figured out mechanics and that issues that you experienced at first, are no longer an issue but simply a matter of learning the game.

tonko

You fellers need to chill and join my boah Lenny and me in Valentine. We'll be in the saloon around 8.

BrokenCrazyAvianssizerestricted154262941

Edited by tonko

Chamberpotcleanerman20

People criticized GTA IV for being slow paced  too realistic and sloppy. Then GTA V for being too fast paced, Michael bay like, and not all that real. But as soon as RDR 2 shows up with the things they asked for their story changes again. No one knows what the hell they want. There will always be a group of unsatisfied idiots.

Edited by Chamberman20

Gallows
6 hours ago, tonko said:

You fellers need to chill and join my boah Lenny and me in Valentine. We'll be in the saloon around 8.

BrokenCrazyAvianssizerestricted154262941

Haha. Going out drinking with my friends this weekend. We’re going to all temporairly change our names to “Leeenneeeyyy” 😂

Labovasha
8 hours ago, RashFaustinho said:

If there is one thing I hate the most in videogame communities, it's a fandom self-proclaming more mature than the rest of the people to prove their "superior" tastes.

It happened in GTA 4, and as far as I'm seeing, it's happening in RDR2 again.

I hope I'll not be like that when I'll play this game.

People lack introspect.

It's mature in itself to attack someone's age or level of maturity just because they have a gripe with the game design.

Just because someone complains about the animations being too long or the pacing drags does not mean they want instant gratification or lack patience.. That is basically an ad hominem and like I previously said you can appreciate detailed animations but still find an implementation to be poorly done or condesending treats the player like thy cannot figure out how to do something on their own.

Like this is still a rockstar game. It is designed for people who would normally struggle in a"thinking mans" game. The game literally structures its missions around dragging the player by the arm and it does the aiming for you by default. It's like an interactive film, slow but not complex.

What I find funny is the constant fortnite bashing that has been going around on the internet by certain people. That battle royal game with free aim that requires dexterity and coordination to built walls and floors in the middle of gun fights, and has vertical platforming combat, and requires patience to ambush other players is somehow less cerebral then a game with a simple LT+RT shooting mechanics and puts enemies on a radar.  Child friendly does not mean stupid.

The age thing is silly too because I have actually played far more difficult games with people under 14 and they do better job at adapting and making thoughtful decisions than the grown adults I played with in these games or conversated with. I do not think most of the trash talkers would get far in a space sim or a 4x strategy game.

FrancisBlack

We went ahead and got the game and have been completely engrossed by the story and RDR2 world. I'm excited to get done with work and play it more. I'm liking this one way more than RDR1.