Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

alexanderpenn21

What is wrong with people?

Recommended Posts

Labovasha
29 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

Thinking your crappy opinions are facts is the real problem here. You are making a huge deal out of minor issues and want others to agree with you and when they don't you insult them and in general this forum. Cheap move.

 

Just stop playing the SP if you don't enjoy it, you already mentioned how you only bought the game for Online anyway

k.You are being a flaming hypocrite. You said cheap move but yet you want to misrepresent the entire point of the discussion.

Your first sentences is not even an argument. If it is just "crappy opinions" then surely you would have demonstrated this instead of going on the attack like some child. Also it doesn't matter if an issue is minor or a huge one the discussion was that the game has bugs that cause horses to do erratic things and it had nothing to do with user error..

Did I say the single player was void of any enjoyment? I did not so don't even try it.

Edited by Labovasha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0223998743
12 hours ago, tre288 said:

 

Your horse literally steering itself into things you're actively trying to avoid is a fair complaint. Your horse throwing itself off a cliff or into things while using the cinematic camera due to bad pathing is a fair complaint.

 

Accidentally tipping and npc over and getting shot up for it is dumb. Kind of understandable in a way, but an npc tipping you over or actively agressing you or lethally harming you, and you retaliating any way other than "im sorry" and ending up punished is dumb.

 

Last game had fast travel down far better. Nothing anyone says can even dispute that. If you enjoy the massively long rides back and forth after you've already experienced the random encounters several times, hunted animals, and taken in the world... amazing for you, you keep going on your way. Atleast in the first one you wanted you could set up camp, and could fast travel to your marker from there if you just wanted to be somewhere and do something. Especially handy when people want multiple playthroughs and some might not even care about looking at the pretty trees and clouds all over again after it isn't exactly fresh.

 

There's nothing casual, or dumbed down about any of these issues.. they're just needlessly tedious.

 

Like I said, most responses to people's issues seems to be played off by the blind worship. Games great.. but come on

Horses are fine if you understand how they work. For the cinematic camera, I can't tell since I've never used it.

 

As for the NPC's, not going to bother. Play more and try to unserstand how it works, that's all I want to say.

 

As for fast travel, fair enough, what can I say ? "it was better in the last game because you could use your camp to fast travel".

In any case, something tell me this game in not entirely for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tre288
1 hour ago, anthony said:

Horses are fine if you understand how they work. For the cinematic camera, I can't tell since I've never used it.

 

As for the NPC's, not going to bother. Play more and try to unserstand how it works, that's all I want to say.

 

As for fast travel, fair enough, what can I say ? "it was better in the last game because you could use your camp to fast travel".

In any case, something tell me this game in not entirely for you.

All of your responses are pretty much case in point regarding anyone with any issues as far as I'm concerned.

 

People act like anyone brings up issues in an attempt to start trouble around here, and then blame the games handful of flaws on users lol

 

Despite your best attempts at trivializing actually crappy quirks the game has that people clearly point out, Rockstar ain't paying you to try and convince everyone it's flawless..

 

you can convince yourself, but failing to see some of the quirks the game clearly displays, I'd have to chalk up to.. something.. fanboyism? Utter blind devotion to Rockstar? Ignorance? Trolling? Or maybe just trying to play devil's advocate..? Idk. But something.

Edited by tre288

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oCrapaCreeper

Am I the only one that has no issue with horses? If you just hold down the X/A button  (no stick) they actively avoid things like rocks and trees.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GN 92

Chapter V. Drunk. This is better than any f*cking movie or series. Damn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0223998743
48 minutes ago, tre288 said:

All of your responses are pretty much case in point regarding anyone with any issues as far as I'm concerned.

 

People act like anyone brings up issues in an attempt to start trouble around here, and then blame the games handful of flaws on users lol

 

Despite your best attempts at trivializing actually crappy quirks the game has that people clearly point out, Rockstar ain't paying you to try and convince everyone it's flawless..

 

you can convince yourself, but failing to see some of the quirks the game clearly displays, I'd have to chalk up to.. something.. fanboyism? Utter blind devotion to Rockstar? Ignorance? Trolling? Or maybe just trying to play devil's advocate..? Idk. But something.

At this point I'm just going to say: show me videos, record yourself and show me these flaws you are talking about.

Edited by anthony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
12 hours ago, Labovasha said:

That is not true. Horses do have some sort of path finding issues that cause them to steer right into trees. If you don't touch the stick they will just run head on into trees anyway because the a.i  does not judge space or time right..

 

This horse actively jerked the controls to the right which didn't make sense because that the was he most narrow path and it avoided an open path to auto strafed up the side of a cliff. 

In the first example there is a huge rock to your left that the horse tries to avoid and you riding that quickly straight towards those trees is the only obvious problem.

 

In the second example you are riding your horse over a rock which is not safe and then sometimes sh*t happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Virus..

About the horses, just slow down when you think your horse might malfunction or dont go too fast in the cliffs especially with a big horse pretty simple but im serious

Edited by Virus..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0223998743
2 hours ago, Gallows said:

In the first example there is a huge rock to your left that the horse tries to avoid and you riding that quickly straight towards those trees is the only obvious problem.

 

In the second example you are riding your horse over a rock which is not safe and then sometimes sh*t happens.

First example is what happen when your horse try to avoid a collision by himself (happen when you just hold X/A) but you take back control with the stick at the same time.

 

Second example is just a matter of logic, horses can't handle a rocky slope properly at high speed.

Edited by anthony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
volta2001

the horse mechanics are really f*cking simple if youre playing like youre actually riding a living animal thats not fully retarded. the horses in this world feel like a tamed beast as it should. f*ck YOU ALL I LOVE THIS GAME f*ck YOU WHY DO I FEEL DIRTY SAYING THIS> BEST GAME YET CREATED!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
8 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Am I the only one that has no issue with horses? If you just hold down the X/A button  (no stick) they actively avoid things like rocks and trees.

Horse by themselves are fine to me, but as part of a wagon it's like trying to control a tank IMO. A few times I've become stuck. I don't remember the horse drawn wagons in Red Dead Redemption being that fiddly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Labovasha
7 hours ago, Gallows said:

In the first example there is a huge rock to your left that the horse tries to avoid and you riding that quickly straight towards those trees is the only obvious problem.

 

In the second example you are riding your horse over a rock which is not safe and then sometimes sh*t happens.

 You are not being dishonest and there is a problem with your observation. he did not ride directed toward the trees. If you watch he video carefully you will see that it turned left for a second then jerked right.I saw the rock and tapped RB, went into the galop and held left on the stick but the horse overruled the input and pulled right. If there was no ridgid path that lead straight into a tree the best explanation would be that It only went in a straight line because both left and right turn was being used so it went neutral which contradicts realism. furthermore there was another  just a few feet a behind the trees, the rock arthur landed on so even if it went between them it still would have hit a rock. 

 

You need to watch again because i did not ride over a rock. It was as trail and the horse bugged out and did the strafe diagonally up the side of the cliff. What you just said is simply untrue. Again I was holding the left the whole time. That is why it was at a crooked angle like that, it literally is a game bug. The fall is not the issue, it is the fact that it avoided the open trail and went up that hill

 

This is like that time when someone tried to argue that you could give zoe a pointed nose in GTAO, literally denial of reality.  I don't see the point of that.

Edited by Labovasha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
34 minutes ago, Labovasha said:

 You are not being dishonest and there is a problem with your observation. he did not ride directed toward the trees. If you watch he video carefully you will see that it turned left for a second then jerked right.I saw the rock and tapped RB, went into the galop and held left on the stick but the horse overruled the input and pulled right. If there was no ridgid path that lead straight into a tree the best explanation would be that It only went in a straight line because both left and right turn was being used so it went neutral which contradicts realism. furthermore there was another  just a few feet a behind the trees, the rock arthur landed on so even if it went between them it still would have hit a rock. 

 

You need to watch again because i did not ride over a rock. It was as trail and the horse bugged out and did the strafe diagonally up the side of the cliff. What you just said is simply untrue. Again I was holding the left the whole time. That is why it was at a crooked angle like that, it literally is a game bug. The fall is not the issue, it is the fact that it avoided the open trail and went up that hill

 

This is like that time when someone tried to argue that you could give zoe a pointed nose in GTAO, literally denial of reality.  I don't see the point of that.

You are having issues I never have and since we’re playing the same game, the only variable is player input. I have already put so many hours into this game and have been riding the most insane places, through forest and steep trails. Your horse went right because of the rock.  It was your fault that you were riding like that through a forest. As for the fall something made the horse do what it did. What you did was fight the horse and you lost.

 

It just gets tiresome, seeing complaints over and over that I know is a matter of player input. Sure sometimes the horse makes a bad call sometimes,  and you don’t react with optimal input and sh*t happens. But it is very rare that my horse does something where I lose control. It happens mostly if it gets hit by gunfire and such. But 99% of the time I can control the horse, calm it and I am fine.

 

I like the game mechanics are dynamic like that and the horse does not feel like a car made of flesh.

 

You could also get a better horse. They are very different and the hidden stats matter a lot.

Edited by Gallows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paro93
18 minutes ago, Gallows said:

You are having issues I never have and since we’re playing the same game, the only variable is player input. I have already put so many hours into this game and have been riding the most insane places, through forest and steep trails. Your horse went right because of the rock.  It was your fault that you were riding like that through a forest. As for the fall something made the horse do what it did. What you did was fight the horse and you lost.

 

It just gets tiresome, seeing complaints over and over that I know is a matter of player input. Sure sometimes the horse makes a bad call sometimes,  and you don’t react with optimal input and sh*t happens. But it is very rare that my horse does something where I lose control. It happens mostly if it gets hit by gunfire and such. But 99% of the time I can control the horse, calm it and I am fine.

 

I like the game mechanics are dynamic like that and the horse does not feel like a car made of flesh.

 

You could also get a better horse. They are very different and the hidden stats matter a lot.

He's not the only person experiencing problems with horse controls. I personally had problems sometimes, and i also now a lot of people who experienced this as well. 

It's not player input control, not all the time at least, the horse controls itself sometimes, and it does this in a very unrealistic (stupid) way, causing problems.

It's not just a complaint, it's an important criticisms, so rockstar can improve the game, or at very least, don't commit the same mistake in future instalments. Critics are extremely important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal

You just can’t ride the horses of this game the same way you’d use a Mk2 Oppressor in GTAO. You have to slow down and take it easy lol

 

Looking at that video above, I’m sorry but I have to say it’s obvious that the player isn’t one bit aware of the surroundings. Try galloping through a forest in real life, it’s f*cking scary I’ll tell ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Geez, people. Horses aren’t mechanical vehicles you control. They are live animals, not machines with a control panel and a steering wheel. 

Next thing we know is people complaining about horses having bad brakes. Talk about wrong expectations...

 

 

edit: about that crazy horse video; the only one at fault here is the one handling the controller. You’re making such a fool out of yourself, it’s actually quite embarrasing. 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Psyperactive81
On 11/11/2018 at 6:40 PM, Miamivicecity said:

I don't understand why you keep blaming GTA IV all the time. If people didn't want a horse riding simulator then I have no idea why they bought a WESTERN seeing as that's what people do in westerns the majority of the time. Ride horses. If I don't want a soccer simulator I don't play FIFA games, if I don't want a military shooter simulator I don't play COD or Batttefield. I don't know what's so hard to understand. Yes in a western we ride around on horses. It's like some people have never played a western themed game in their life.

 

Also I'm amazed that you keep (conveniently forgetting) that Red Dead Redemption was not arcadey yet it's hailed as one of the best games ever made and it's FULL of somber/serious moments through out the story. R* didn't make Red Dead Redemption 2 in accordance to how some viewed GTA V. They pretty much stuck to their guns with how they made Red Dead Redemption and applied it to the sequel (well technically prequel. Lets just say follow up). If people really only want "fun" and "over the top" games there would be no market for games like The Last Of Us, Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain or basically any game where cinematics are the driving force over mindless mayhem.

 

I would day say just like Red Dead Redemption this game was not marketed towards a wide spread audience due to the fact the western genre (particularly open world games) is fairly niche. How many western open world games have there been this generation? Atm Red Dead Redemption 2 owns an entire sector to itself. It's not another typical AAA game like Fortnite, Assassin's Creed, Call Of Duty etc that people get used to because they're churned out every year. 

Absolutely correct.

The GTA series has nothing to do with the RDR series,. I remember hating it every time somebody described RDR1 as a "Western GTA" which not accurate at all since the pace of the story and environment are complete opposites. GTA always made me want to break the law by driving like a maniac and gunning down anybody who was in my way, whereas RDR makes me want to be an honorable outlaw who is just trying to survive in a lawless frontier. Two completely different approaches to how you play the game. In fact, I know of people who never took to GTA but absolutely love RDR because of the difference in gamestyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
2 hours ago, Paro93 said:

He's not the only person experiencing problems with horse controls. I personally had problems sometimes, and i also now a lot of people who experienced this as well. 

It's not player input control, not all the time at least, the horse controls itself sometimes, and it does this in a very unrealistic (stupid) way, causing problems.

It's not just a complaint, it's an important criticisms, so rockstar can improve the game, or at very least, don't commit the same mistake in future instalments. Critics are extremely important.

 

I am well aware that some people have problems with the horse controls, but I also know from having played this game for many many hours, much of it on horseback, that most of those issues are there because of bad player input and bad horse selection.

 

The arabian for instance is a great horse, but it is not very brave, which is a problem in combat or when you lose control. The hidden stats of the horses must be experienced through experimentation with different breeds.

 

People also complain about the wanted system and not being able to commit crimes without getting a bounty. I posted a two hour long video where I rob people and shops, just to show that getting a Bounty is in the players hands 99% of the time. I also made the sherif protect me and shoot two people because someone else was claiming that they never would.

 

I am just getting slightly tired of complaints based on inexperience with the depth of the game mechanics. There ARE some issues, like train robberies for instance, but the real issues are washed away by the sea of complaints that are either not well informed or very honest.

 

Controlling the horse in this game can be hard. You have to watch head movement, listen to the horse and not fight the horse, because if you do, there i a much greater risk of sh*t happening. Learn to work with your horse. I have had some insane chases through forests, through Saint denise and down steep Hills, without hitting trees, people or falling over. But I respect the limits of the horse and my control of it and that is the key to success. A well timed comforting pat on the horse can make a massive difference for instance. 

 

You can argue that the horse controls are too hard, and the horse is too head strong. But you cannot claim the controls are broken, when you can in fact learn to work with your horse and many times to your benefit. I like the horse the way it is, because it adds an incredible depth to the game as opposed to RDR1. Online horse racing is going to require actual skill and chasing someone through a forest is going to rely on a lot of skill and feel for your horse. With depth comes a higher skill ceiling, but with depth we also have more varied gameplay and a much greater potential for online fun.

 

Not having a go at you, but please give your horse a chance. Pick a great horse like the Turkoman or the Foxtrotter. Get the Bond to four and then take it for a hard ride. Learn the limits of your horse and the limits of your control. After a while you will be able to make the right descisions on horseback and your problems will go away. sh*t will still happen, but rarely, and when it does the understanding of the system will make it easier to smile at the few incidents, because nothing in life is ever under 100% control.

Edited by Gallows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paro93
2 minutes ago, Gallows said:

 

I am well aware that some people have problems with the horse controls, but I also know from having played this game for many many hours, much of it on horseback, that most of those issues are there because of bad player input and bad horse selection.

 

The arabian for instance is a great horse, but it is not very brave, which is a problem in combat or when you lose control. The hidden stats of the horses must be experienced through experimentation with different breeds.

 

People also complain about the wanted system and not being able to commit crimes without getting a bounty. I posted a two hour long video where I rob people and shops, just to show that getting a Bounty is in the players hands 99% of the time. I also made the sherif protect me and shoot two people because someone else was claiming that they never would.

 

I am just getting slightly tired of complaints based on inexperience with the depth of the game mechanics. There ARE some issues, like train robberies for instance, but the real issues are washed away by the sea of complaints that are either not well informed or very honest.

 

Controlling the horse in this game can be hard. You have to watch head movement, listen to the horse and not fight the horse, because if you do, there i a much greater risk of sh*t happening. Learn to work with your horse. I have had some insane chases through forests, through Saint denise and down steep Hills, without hitting trees, people or falling over. But I respect the limits of the horse and my control of it and that is the key to success. A well timed comforting pat on the horse can make a massive difference for instance. 

 

You can argue that the horse controls are too hard, and the horse is too head strong. But you cannot claim the controls are broken, when you can in fact learn to work with your horse and many times to your benefit. I like the horse the way it is, because it adds an incredible depth to the game as opposed to RDR1. In online horse racing is going to require actual skill and chasing someone through a forest is going to rely on a lot of skill and feel for your horse. With depth comes a higher skill ceiling, but with depth we also have more varied gameplay and a much greater potential for online fun.

 

Not having a go at you, but please give your horse a chance. Pick a great horse like the Turkoman or the Foxtrotter. Get the Bond to four and then take it for a hard ride. Learn the limits of your horse and the limits of your control. After a while you will be able to make the right descisions on horseback and your problems will go away. sh*t will still happen, but rarely, and when it does the understand of the system will make it easier to smile at the few incidents, because nothing in life is ever under 100% control.

I don't have a problem with you too.

I undestand game mechanics. And from my experience playing the game, there are sometimes problems with horse navigation. There were instances where my horse did some very stupid decisions, on it's own, that real life horses don't do at all. I take this as a flaw in the mechanic. A minor one for sure, but a flaw nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
9 minutes ago, Paro93 said:

I don't have a problem with you too.

I undestand game mechanics. And from my experience playing the game, there are sometimes problems with horse navigation. There were instances where my horse did some very stupid decisions, on it's own, that real life horses don't do at all. I take this as a flaw in the mechanic. A minor one for sure, but a flaw nonetheless.

Yes there may be instances where horse do not react perfectly like a horse would when they react, but this is also different from breed to breed. I think it would be impossible to make a perfect simulation of horse behaviour and make it mesh with a player controlling the horse. I feel like Rockstar have done an amazing job on this and the small flaws that pop up in special circumstances can be mitigated through experience, so I see it more as quirks than flaws really 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lol232

It's the normies who just rush the story, say they "beat it" and never touch the game again who do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Labovasha
5 hours ago, Gallows said:

You are having issues I never have and since we’re playing the same game, the only variable is player input. I have already put so many hours into this game and have been riding the most insane places, through forest and steep trails. Your horse went right because of the rock.  It was your fault that you were riding like that through a forest. As for the fall something made the horse do what it did. What you did was fight the horse and you lost.

 

It just gets tiresome, seeing complaints over and over that I know is a matter of player input. Sure sometimes the horse makes a bad call sometimes,  and you don’t react with optimal input and sh*t happens. But it is very rare that my horse does something where I lose control. It happens mostly if it gets hit by gunfire and such. But 99% of the time I can control the horse, calm it and I am fine.

 

I like the game mechanics are dynamic like that and the horse does not feel like a car made of flesh.

 

You could also get a better horse. They are very different and the hidden stats matter a lot.

No you just are too in love with game to acknowledge issues.

Once again I have to explain more than what is needed. You are being way too defensive and extremely disingenuous.  I know the horse tried to dodge a rock but it was going to run into another anyways if it somehow managed to get past the tree but like I said previously, ignore that part with the tree because clearly with all the variables dishonest fanboys have enough room to use mental gymnastics to talk around the issue. The second part, the one you decided to ignore clearly shows a bug.

READ CAREFUL THIS TIMES.

No one is saying that it is a huge issue that happens frequently enough to ruin the game. What I have been saying the entire time that bugs are present and when these things do happen it has NOTHING TO DO WITH USER ERROR OR INTENDED GAME DESIGN. 

Stop trying to put in suggestions when the horse breeds have nothing to do with this and what you like is irrelevant.

 

In this image the horse did a hard strafe to the right at an angle  when there was an open path right in front of it. That was not user error nor simulated behavior.  

dott.png

Edited by Labovasha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone

I've had no problems with horses. So, they don't always go where you expect them to go - just like when I ride them in real life. They are horses, not cars. I like the fact you cannot completely rely on your horse to do exactly what you want all the time. It just makes the game more real for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
16 minutes ago, Labovasha said:

No you just are too in love with game to acknowledge issues.

Once again I have to explain more than what is needed. You are being way too defensive and extremely disingenuous.  I know the horse tried to dodge a rock but it was going to run into another anyways if it somehow managed to get past the tree but like I said previously, ignore that part with the tree because clearly with all the variables dishonest fanboys have enough room to use mental gymnastics to talk around the issue. The second part, the one you decided to ignore clearly shows a bug.

READ CAREFUL THIS TIMES.

No one is saying that it is a huge issue that happens frequently enough to ruin the game. What I have been saying the entire time that bugs are present and when these things do happen it has NOTHING TO DO WITH USER ERROR OR INTENDED GAME DESIGN. 

Stop trying to put in suggestions when the horse breeds have nothing to do with this and what you like is irrelevant.

 

In this image the horse did a hard strafe to the right at an angle  when there was an open path right in front of it. That was not user error nor simulated behavior.  

dott.png

You just keep repeating yourself. I have played this game a lot and what you are describing is in no way representative of the way the horse controls are. Sure sh*t happens, but generally it does not play out like you present it. Who knows why the horse did what it did. A snake, rocks or whatever.

 

Whatched it again. You are headed fast towards the edge and had the horse not changed course you would have gone over the edge. What you do is, you yank the horse left at that speed. It reacts. Watched the video in slo motion and it’s clear to see.

 

What you try to pass off as an issue does not represent how horses behave. From that short clip it is impossible to see what happened.

 

Train robberies are messed up, that’s a tested fact. This is not.

Edited by Gallows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Labovasha
1 hour ago, Gallows said:

You just keep repeating yourself. I have played this game a lot and what you are describing is in no way representative of the way the horse controls are. Sure sh*t happens, but generally it does not play out like you present it. Who knows why the horse did what it did. A snake, rocks or whatever.

 

Whatched it again. You are headed fast towards the edge and had the horse not changed course you would have gone over the edge. What you do is, you yank the horse left at that speed. It reacts. Watched the video in slo motion and it’s clear to see.

 

What you try to pass off as an issue does not represent how horses behave. From that short clip it is impossible to see what happened.

 

Train robberies are messed up, that’s a tested fact. This is not.

Gallows, what you are saying makes zero sense. What do you even mean by it doesn't play out like the way I presented it? What are you saying?

There is no edge in front of the horse, that is an incline and this only happened once.  You do realize that you are implying that the developers put a cliff right at a path and it is void of logic right? There is no cliff to ride off. The only edges are on the left side. Also the horse was trying to turn left so it responded to the input but got stuck in a strafe, that is why it is a bug.

This is such a  bizarre conversation.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
9 minutes ago, Labovasha said:

Gallows, what you are saying makes zero sense. What do you even mean by it doesn't play out like the way I presented it? What are you saying?

There is no edge in front of the horse, that is an incline and this only happened once.  You do realize that you are implying that the developers put a cliff right at a path and it is void of logic right? There is no cliff to ride off. The only edges are on the left side. Also the horse was trying to turn left so it responded to the input but got stuck in a strafe, that is why it is a bug.

This is such a  bizarre conversation.. 

Yes edge on the left side. You yanked the horse left towards that edge at speed and the horse reacted. There is an edge on tje left side. It is clear from the video that the horse first goes left and then responds by going right. Sure the horse may have over reacted, but it is still the pull towards the left side edge that makes it go right. Had you slowed down it would not have happened.

 

I mean this horse behaviour you describe is not representative for how horses behave in the game.

Edited by Gallows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

The thing with sprinting through forests/rocky areas is that the horse will always naturally try to avoid obstacles, but in dense areas like that avoiding one obstacle can put your horse on the path of another and if your horse is sprinting his reaction time and turning ability is severely limited. This can be seen as horses being glitchy or dumb or unresponsive but the fault almost always lies with the player. The game allows you to sprint with a horse in a situation where a real horse wouldn't and cause of this you can cause it to do things a real horse wouldn't, it's not a "glitch", it's just not using the mechanic properly.

 

That's not to say the AI for them is completely flawless, sometimes they get lost trying to find you when you whistle, sometimes they'll do stuff like swerve behind a fence to avoid an oncoming wagon or just in general get a bit confused trying to dodge oncoming vehicles, in very rare situations they might fall off a cliff of something when trying to find you, and cinematic camera pathing can be wonky at times.

 

But that video linked a page or so back when the horse hit the tree is because of the player.

Edited by Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
26 minutes ago, Jason said:

The thing with sprinting through forests/rocky areas is that the horse will always naturally try to avoid obstacles, but in dense areas like that avoiding one obstacle can put your horse on the path of another and if your horse is sprinting his reaction time and turning ability is severely limited. This can be seen as horses being glitchy or dumb or unresponsive but the fault almost always lies with the player. The game allows you to sprint with a horse in a situation where a real horse wouldn't and cause of this you can cause it to do things a real horse wouldn't, it's not a "glitch", it's just not using the mechanic properly.

 

That's not to say the AI for them is completely flawless, sometimes they get lost trying to find you when you whistle, sometimes they'll do stuff like swerve behind a fence to avoid an oncoming wagon or just in general get a bit confused trying to dodge oncoming vehicles, in very rare situations they might fall off a cliff of something when trying to find you, and cinematic camera pathing can be wonky at times.

 

But that video linked a page or so back when the horse hit the tree is because of the player.

The AI is in no way flawless, but when considering R* have created a dynamic horse behaviour that at the same time has to work in concert with a player trying to control the horse, I’d say they have made a damn fine system. The few quirks that can happen, can be mitigated once you understand the horse behaviour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Labovasha
59 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Yes edge on the left side. You yanked the horse left towards that edge at speed and the horse reacted. There is an edge on tje left side. It is clear from the video that the horse first goes left and then responds by going right. Sure the horse may have over reacted, but it is still the pull towards the left side edge that makes it go right. Had you slowed down it would not have happened.

 

I mean this horse behaviour you describe is not representative for how horses behave in the game.

Ok so now you are telling flat out lies.. I did not "yank" it towards the cliff. I held left as soon as it side stepped and did not let go. Second time i'm telling you this, the horse responded to the left turn but got stuck side strafing, it leaned left. I actually used the same path twice again and it didn't not happen the next two times so clearly it was a bug.

You are contradicting yourself and your answer to my question don't make sense either.

You literally just agreed that it had issues but they were not common. You acknowledge that it happens but at the same time you are saying it does not. What is wrong with you?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
26 minutes ago, Labovasha said:

Ok so now you are telling flat out lies.. I did not "yank" it towards the cliff. I held left as soon as it side stepped and did not let go. Second time i'm telling you this, the horse responded to the left turn but got stuck side strafing, it leaned left. I actually used the same path twice again and it didn't not happen the next two times so clearly it was a bug.

You are contradicting yourself and your answer to my question don't make sense either.

You literally just agreed that it had issues but they were not common. You acknowledge that it happens but at the same time you are saying it does not. What is wrong with you?

 

You see in the video the horse goes left, reacts and then goes right. You didn’t control it to make it go left, then I don’t know. I’ve not seen a horse make a distinctive turn like that without my input.

 

No matter what. The horse goes left as seen in the video and reacts by going right, resulting in the accident.

 

I can see the horse move the head from side to side. I can see arthurs elbows go out. That video shows it all. When your horse reacts as it did with the head and you speed up. That’s just a bad call.

 

You say you tried twice and could not recreate what you call a bug. Well. It’s not much of an issue then is it?

Edited by Gallows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.