3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

alexanderpenn21

What is wrong with people?

Hmmm nice bike

This was never going to be the game for COD and GTA Online crowds. I find the gameplay to be fine, but given today's ADD-style gaming and the way mainstream crowds like to play, it was bound to garner a few people who think it's slow or boring because they went in expecting Grand Theft Equine with explosions every 10 seconds and a heist every mission.

woggleman

I have a manua

4 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

Never noticed it but then again some whined about GTA V's controls too but I thought they were just fine. I would suggest stop reading comments from haters and enjoy the game

I changed the controls on day one. Increase acceleration and reduce deadzone and it feels just right to me. 

Hatin Since 87
Just now, Hmmm nice bike said:

This was never going to be the game for COD and GTA Online crowds. I find the gameplay to be fine, but given today's ADD-style gaming and the way mainstream crowds like to play, it was bound to garner a few people who think it's slow or boring because they went in expecting Grand Theft Equine with explosions every 10 seconds and a heist every mission.

Exactly. I’m glad it’s “slow”. It’s exactly what I wanted it to be. If I want fast paced in your face action I’ll put in something else. If I wanna relax and play a game more suited towards taking your time and enjoying tiny details with a nice mix of action, rdr is my go to. 

I havent touched another game since the 26th. I’m loving it and I’m glad they didn’t put out some bs game suited towards kids. 

Ingrobny
5 minutes ago, Hatin Since 87 said:

Exactly. I’m glad it’s “slow”. It’s exactly what I wanted it to be. If I want fast paced in your face action I’ll put in something else. If I wanna relax and play a game more suited towards taking your time and enjoying tiny details with a nice mix of action, rdr is my go to. 

I havent touched another game since the 26th. I’m loving it and I’m glad they didn’t put out some bs game suited towards kids. 

Agree, even some of  the story missions is going too fast for me, I want to loot every killed enemy, but sometimes when I do that, the person I was supposed to follow gets killed, because I'm too busy looting enemies 😂, so sorry Micha

Spoiler

(he died couple times in Strawberry because of this 😧 😂).

saintsrow
23 minutes ago, Ingrobny said:

Agree, even some of  the story missions is going too fast for me, I want to loot every killed enemy, but sometimes when I do that, the person I was supposed to follow gets killed, because I'm too busy looting enemies 😂, so sorry Micha

Hide contents

Spoiler

See, this is where we need a branching storyline.  Most of us would gladly have left Micah for dead.  👍

I also want to do all the looting, an artifact of GTA Online grindfest OCD.  I just can't leave 15 cents behind, or the possibility of a gold ring or pocket watch.  😛 

What's worse, in RDR2 free roam, is while I'm looting bounty hunters, along comes a witness or two, and I have to kill them, and then it just cascades into a chain reaction of witness-killing until I finally get killed, and it's all for naught.  I save the game before I do anything whatsoever, now, so I can revert back.  The advantage is some nice damn chaotic gunfights.  [But I have to add, I haven't tuned-up my controls yet, if it's even possible to do so, and I find the controls rather clunky and unreliable, especially in the chaos.  It's probably just something I have to fix in the settings.]  

Edited by saintsrow

CaliMeatWagon
21 minutes ago, Ingrobny said:

Reveal hidden contents

Don't apologize to that PoS!! He deserves to die a million deaths.

Ingrobny
Just now, CaliMeatWagon said:

Don't apologize to that PoS!! He deserves to die a million deaths.

Hahaha maybe I shouldn't and maybe he does, don't spoil too much though, I'm just in the beginning of chapter 3 😜.

CaliMeatWagon
Just now, Ingrobny said:

Hahaha maybe I shouldn't and maybe he does, don't spoil too much though, I'm just in the beginning of chapter 3 😜.

I didn't like him from the get go. My first impression of him was that he is a Lamar.

yeezy203

I have abandoned my other games so much since picking up RDR2 that my gf is worried about me. No idea how anyone can complain.

alexanderpenn21
5 minutes ago, yeezy203 said:

I have abandoned my other games so much since picking up RDR2 that my gf is worried about me. No idea how anyone can complain.

Same here - I still have Spider-Man on my shelf, uncompleted. I can't even imagine picking that up before being done with Red Dead (which might be in months). 

saintsrow
59 minutes ago, Hatin Since 87 said:

What do you have against haters? 😉

This reminds me of Arthur always complaining to Dutch that the world don't want thieves, murderers, and miscreants no more.  Like the world ever did... 😛

NgdsDMAl.png

woggleman

I just did that mission where you go into the cave with the Murphee Brood and that restored my love of the game. That is seriously disturbing stuff.

Penicuikscotland2010
21 hours ago, woggleman said:

I agree but most of the gaming world just wants pick and up play fun. Why do you think GTA IV was trashed while V is still a monster five years later. Rockstar should have made this game more like V and more arcadey and streamlined because that is what most people outside of this forum want. People don't want a horse riding simulator. After the reaction they had with IV why did they do this again?

You have to be kidding... This is a troll post for sure. 

Smokewood
26 minutes ago, yeezy203 said:

I was playing NBA 2K19 daily for weeks... haven't touched it since launch day.

Blasterman4EVER

Most people who play this game love it, so I try to tune out the complainers.

GN 92

RDR2 is the reason I took the dust off my ps4. The thing was collecting dust since January 2016.

woggleman

Sorry about some of my posts. I have just been under a lot of stuff these past few days.

Smokewood
5 minutes ago, woggleman said:

Sorry about some of my posts. I have just been under a lot of stuff these past few days.

Don't apologize!!

I have understood your points completely.

You are pointing out that a lot of people prefer mindless / instant gratification games over slower more in depth games... and you are right.

You may not have presented it too well in a forum filled with fans of said game, but it is still true.

It has always been this way... the masses prefer crap!

woggleman
2 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

Don't apologize!!

I have understood your points completely.

You are pointing out that a lot of people prefer mindless / instant gratification games over slower more in depth games... and you are right.

You may not have presented it too well in a forum filled with fans of said game, but it is still true.

It has always been this way... the masses prefer crap!

True but I really do love this game and if it weren't popular youtube wouldn't be filled with videos of people doing all kinds of stuff in it. 

Smokewood
2 minutes ago, woggleman said:

True but I really do love this game and if it weren't popular youtube wouldn't be filled with videos of people doing all kinds of stuff in it. 

It's my favorite (modern) game of all time.

I mean it's not asteroids... but it's great!

PapasHota

Its a much inferior game in gameplay and story compared to the first RDR, but it would easily be the best game of this generation if God of War wasnt released this year.

GN 92
15 minutes ago, PapasHota said:

Its a much inferior game in gameplay and story compared to the first RDR, but it would easily be the best game of this generation if God of War wasnt released this year.

Maybe that’s just your opinion? Most people criticizing the game are posting things like “most people think/my friend said/other boards said”, but in the end it’s just their personal opinion...

spoiler%5D 

Somegras

This game is the best in its genre and there is no reason to think it is a failure. Rockstar brought a western masterpiece, innovative for the gaming industry and possibly the first ‘interactive movie’ brought to this planet. There are a lot of people who dislike the slow-paced storyline, but that is how you build good stories in general. 

It is is a matter of taste, there are people who like diehard shooting movies without any story, they just want to see action. There are also people who like slow-paced thrillers. 

GTA:IV and L.A. Noire were also very decent games for its genre. GTA:V has an okay singleplayer, but focuses on a very advanced multiplayer and attracts a different public. People playing the current state GTA:Online won’t enjoy RDR:II as much and vice versa. Games can happily life together. 

Jason

It's a generation ahead of RDR1 IMO. I played a bit of that game again recently and RDR2 for me just feels way more alive. The controls and movement feel no better or worse really but the shooting feels better in RDR2 IMO, it's more tactile and impactful. Dual wielding was a huge addition too.

The story also impacted me in a way far beyond the way RDR1's did too and I thought Arthur was a much better developed character than John was in RDR1, though RDR2 absolutely enhances John as a character too. It's a personal preference but I also really enjoyed the ensemble feel to RDR2, to use God of War as an example seeing as it was mentioned that game had a very small and tight cast of characters which it used brilliantly but I really f*cking loved RDR2's massive cast especially because Rockstar went the extra mile and fleshed out all the relationships between them, which you can see the results of not only in missions but outside them in camp too. Just being in the world tells a great story in RDR2.

For me, it's the game of the gen for sure. I think I'd put God of War behind it my self, followed by games like Horizon: Zero Dawn, Witcher 3 and Divinity Original Sin 2 - only including games I sunk a good amount of time into, hence no Nintendo games.

Revrico

Online better be interesting. Since finishing up I've had no reason to go back to this at all. It would only be enjoyable again if I started over, and since everything is done, there really isn't a point. 

Lock n' Stock

The only thing that I'm not a fan of is the cores system. It doesn't really seem to add much other than more tedium.

Other than that, the game's realistic approach doesn't bother me. If anything, it simply feels like an advancement over it's predecessor in every way. Even if the pacing of the game can be slow at times, I feel it more than delivers in the action aspect. I certainly prefer the gunplay-induced missions to GTA V's.

Edited by Lock n' Stock

Jason
3 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

The only thing that I'm not a fan of is the cores system. It doesn't really seem to add much other than more tedium.

Other than that, the game's realistic approach doesn't bother me. If anything, it simply feels like an advancement over it's predecessor in every way. Even if the pacing of the game can be slow at times, I feel it more than delivers in the action aspect. I certainly prefer the gunplay-induced missions to GTA V's.

Was it having to eat and sleep that bothered you or the implementation of it (the core system)? Personally I liked the having to eat/sleep aspect, especially as it tied into the story.

Weapon degradation can get f*cked though. It adds nothing to the game.

Lock n' Stock
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Was it having to eat and sleep that bothered you or the implementation of it (the core system)? Personally I liked the having to eat/sleep aspect, especially as it tied into the story.

Having to eat certain items to constantly keep your cores up. It's not a big deal I suppose, but it just adds a level of tedium that I find unnecessary imo.

Jason

Yea I liked that my self. I took advantage of the cooking system in the game too, seasoning and all. An hour of hunting and cooking set me up for life basically.

Gallows
20 minutes ago, Jason said:

If cleaning your weapon adds nothing to the game, the same is true for every inconvenient detail of the game. Riding somewhere instead of just teleporting to missions, having to reload your guns, having to buy ammo and weapons instead of just getting them freely, having to feed and brush the horse, having to cock single action weapons.

Cleaning your guns is just another layer of detail, and what it adds is authenticity a sense of the game world being real. You may not like it and it may not have been seen before in a video game. I personally like it because it’s another of those things that tie into meaningful reasons to earn money.

I also like the cooking with seasoning, drinking and smoking. All are details that make you feel part of the world.

Edited by Gallows