Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

alexanderpenn21

What is wrong with people?

Recommended Posts

Hatin Since 87
5 minutes ago, *Lola said:

Next step is ?

Get hammered? 

 

And I don’t mean drinkin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom
12 minutes ago, woggleman said:

I don't go in positive threads saying this stuff. This is a thread about the backlash.

What he's saying is instead of repeating what you already have why not start contributing more positive thoughts/views? And I don't mean to say the negative opinions can't be discussed at all (that's why there's a criticism thread), but you keep driving the same point over and over again and it's pissing people off. You don't even offer any resistance and balance things out with the positive things people say outside of this forum. No wonder some people think you're trolling even if you're not meaning to.

 

It's like going to a members bar of a sports team to constantly brag how the fans of the rival sports team keep trashing them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mister Pinkerton

I have to admit, I enjoy enjoying RDR2. So, I won't go into a topic like "Things You Miss From RDR1" or other such nonsense topics that don't really help the experience in any way other than to suck the soul out of the current game. 

 

I wanted to like RDR2 so much, because I enjoyed RDR that I avoided all the hype and speculation. I wanted every detail to be a surprise. And now that it's out, I'll only frequent topics that re-enforce my positive experience. Yeah, it's not perfect and I have some complaints but value I'm getting from RDR2 far exceeds my complaints. In fact, the complaints are really not worth feeling bad about as the overall experience is phenomenal. 

 

I know it might sound like I'm burying my head in the sand but it's not really. I'm cultivating the best possible way to enjoy a game I knew I had the potential to love, so gave myself the best possible chance to love it and I'm winning.  Avoiding negative topics as much as possible. Participating in postive topics and enjoyable ones such as the Appreciation topic and trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible. So far so good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hatin Since 87
1 minute ago, Mister Pinkerton said:

I have to admit, I enjoy enjoying RDR2. So, I won't go into a topic like "Things You Miss From RDR1" or other such nonsense topics that don't really help the experience in any way other than to suck the soul out of the current game. 

 

I wanted to like RDR2 so much, because I enjoyed RDR that I avoided all the hype and speculation. I wanted every detail to be a surprise. And now that it's out, I'll only frequent topics that re-enforce my positive experience. Yeah, it's not perfect and I have some complaints but value I'm getting from RDR2 far exceeds my complaints. In fact, the complaints are really not worth feeling bad about as the overall experience is phenomenal. 

 

I know it might sound like I'm burying my head in the sand but it's not really. I'm cultivating the best possible way to enjoy a game I knew I had the potential to love, so gave myself the best possible chance to love it and I'm winning.  Avoiding negative topics as much as possible. Participating in postive topics and enjoyable ones such as the Appreciation topic and trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible. So far so good. 

This. Is. Perfect. 

 

You sir, deserve a standing applause. 

 

Why cant we all stop caring what other people think about what we enjoy? I like it, I don’t expect everyone else to like it. I don’t go to restaurants and lecture the table next to me about their lasagna and how most people dislike it. Who cares? Let them try it and formulate their own opinion. 

 

Now, if anyone needs me I’ll be lassoing people to hang off the railroad bridge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
woggleman

To give a balanced perspective I will say that my GF loves this game even more than me. She is always changing arthur's look and has completely more of the game than I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Journey_95

People are too used to fast paced cartoony games like Odyssey or Far Cry 5. Rockstar was bold with RDR2, it doesn't feel like just any other AAA game but a game with a real vision. Some don't like it but I'll just enjoy the game myself and hope it's a minority!  If not then too bad but at least we got this masterpiece

Edited by Journey_95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom
2 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

People are too used to fast paced cartoony games like Odyssey or Far Cry 5. Rockstar was bold with RDR2, it doesn't feel like just any other AAA game but a game with a real vision. Some don't like it but I'll just enjoy the game myself and hope it's a minority!  If not then too bad but at least we got this masterpiece

It doesn't even matter to me if it's a majority. We know it's a masterpiece. Their loss, our gain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flannelmagic1

RDR 2 has it's moments but I find the game to be quite dull tbh. It looks amazing sure, but you get used to it fast, I would consider myself as a "mature" person but this game isn't my type of game sadly.

 

I loved RDR 1, but as I said, I find this game quite boring and dull for the most part. People like different things, doesn't mean anyone is "better" or more "mature" for liking a specific thing others do not. Now that I think about it, I have not really liked a game that has released the past 6 years, I just don't like modern games it seems.

Edited by Flannelmagic1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaliMeatWagon

You peoples would love Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrismads

Its the best game ever made. I just hope the COD and gta ppl will put down this game and be gone before i'm on rdr online. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows

I agree, not being able to see the Masterpiece in this game, that is well beyond anything we’ve Ever seen in gaming is mind boggling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom
7 minutes ago, Gallows said:

I agree, not being able to see the Masterpiece in this game, that is well beyond anything we’ve Ever seen in gaming is mind boggling.

At the very least people should see the astonishing work R* put into it even if it isn't their thing. Yeah it's a little rough around the edges I admit, but everytime I play it I can tell it's had 7-8 years of dedication put into it. This isn't any other typical annual release title.

 

It boggles my mind how anyone could rate it 0 or claim it's the "worst" game they've ever played. People might have different opinions and tastes, but atleast be sensible and have some rationality about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova

I hope that the backlash that RDR2's realism got does not hamper companies making stunning and immersive games like it in the future. People moan that Gaming is seen as something that children and anti-social people do and it reminds me of the "binge watch a Netflix show all weekend and your are fine but play a game all weekend and you are a nerd" meme but people would rather play stuff like Fortnite (I have nothing against Fortnite. Hush), watching E-Sports player jumping around like monkeys win or lose or watch Streamer scream and act fake.

People want gaming to be up there with movies and reading but when games like RDR2 are shunned and games that enforce the for children/Nerd stereotype are praised how can we move on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madhorse

Red Dead Redemption 2 is a great game. For me, it's the best game that has come out since 2015, when Witcher 3 came out. That sh*t is a masterpiece and my all time favourite game. Nothing beats it. It had horses too, but didn't turn into a horse riding simulator thanks to a good fast travel system which RDR2 lacks of. Even if you made long trips with your horse it was never as boring as in RDR2. RDR2 is also kinda slow paced and little things like not being able to sprint in camp make it even worse. I don't mind the story being slow paced per se, it just calls for those little things to be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jabalous

Many great and intelligent posts here and I don't think I can elaborate more. I just want to say that I'm truly glad and happy that we still have a publisher which takes risks in these projects that take many years to perfect and bring an exceptionally unique experience. Redemption 2, when looked at as a cinematic package, is truly as engaging and fun to experience as TV shows from the likes of Breaking Bad and True Detective. I've finished the story already and yet I still go to Youtube to rewatch some of the top-notch acting in cutscenes and story snippets. And since I'm talking about it, this is one my most favorite scenes (Don't click if you're not past chapter 5). Benjamin Byron Davis delivered a great performance. 

Edited by Jabalous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ingrobny
15 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

It's not another typical AAA game like Fortnite, Assassin's Creed, Call Of Duty etc. 

And thank god for that, RDR is the only western game out there, at least on PS4 and I love western games and I hope it will even be RDR 3 and 4, sadly the last Call of Juarez was not a western game and I'm not sure if we will se another Call of Juarez game? So Rockstar with the Red Dead Redemption games is the only hope for us console players who love western games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
woggleman
3 hours ago, RyuNova said:

I hope that the backlash that RDR2's realism got does not hamper companies making stunning and immersive games like it in the future. People moan that Gaming is seen as something that children and anti-social people do and it reminds me of the "binge watch a Netflix show all weekend and your are fine but play a game all weekend and you are a nerd" meme but people would rather play stuff like Fortnite (I have nothing against Fortnite. Hush), watching E-Sports player jumping around like monkeys win or lose or watch Streamer scream and act fake.

People want gaming to be up there with movies and reading but when games like RDR2 are shunned and games that enforce the for children/Nerd stereotype are praised how can we move on?

Because deep down people play games to have fun. They want something they can pick up and get right into the action. They want smooth and fast gameplay and not to put much thought into all this realism. Many people wanted this to be GTA with horses and what they want from GTA is to be able to play for an hour or two and blow a bunch of stuff up and cause chaos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

Lets just gloss over the fact that realistic and survival games have been some of the best selling games this decade. The indie scene for those types of games are massive and as always that drips down (or up?) into AAA space as devs are less likely to take risks with unproven game mechanics.

 

Stop with the generalising statements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
woggleman
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Lets just gloss over the fact that realistic and survival games have been some of the best selling games this decade. The indie scene for those types of games are massive and as always that drips down (or up?) into AAA space as devs are less likely to take risks with unproven game mechanics.

 

Stop with the generalising statements.

Yes but people tend to not want that from Rockstar. They are a company that built their brand on balls to the wall fun and chaos and starting with the HD generation they all of a sudden change that up and nobody is supposed to have a problem with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Halal Cyborg
9 minutes ago, woggleman said:

Yes but people tend to not want that from Rockstar. They are a company that built their brand on balls to the wall fun and chaos and starting with the HD generation they all of a sudden change that up and nobody is supposed to have a problem with it?

They didn’t suddenly change anything...GTA and RDR are different games with different audiences.

Edited by Halal Cyborg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
18 minutes ago, woggleman said:

Yes but people tend to not want that from Rockstar. They are a company that built their brand on balls to the wall fun and chaos and starting with the HD generation they all of a sudden change that up and nobody is supposed to have a problem with it?

Not everything they do is built on arcadey balls to the wall fun. RDR1 wasn't. They've always treated their various franchises seriously, they don't look at them as simply "GTA in the _____". Also they haven't changed how their games play and feel since IV yet they still continue to break records at launch so no, people don't have a problem with it. You go on about the backlash of IV but if people hated it that much RDR1, GTA V and RDR2 would have been very different, but they're not.

 

As far as the realism and survival aspects go they promoted both heavily and made it a point to talk about them in interviews. Hell, the survival aspect is no different to Minecraft's (having to eat regularly to maintain your health regen). That's the 2nd best best selling game of all time, which had over 90 million players last month. The idea that "many people" expected GTA in the wild west isn't rally the case at all either, like I said they promoted both aspects well. There will have been some uninformed people sure, but lets not pretend like it was anything close to being able to implied it was a majority or anything remotely close.

Edited by Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ingrobny
5 minutes ago, Halal Cyborg said:

They didn’t suddenly change anything...GTA and RDR are different games with different audiences.

I'm not sure about fifferent audiences, because I play GTA games and RDR games, but I'm happy that GTA and RDR is not the same, or else it would just be a GTA game with western theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tonesta
16 minutes ago, woggleman said:

Yes but people tend to not want that from Rockstar. They are a company that built their brand on balls to the wall fun and chaos and starting with the HD generation they all of a sudden change that up and nobody is supposed to have a problem with it?

Rockstar have published five open world games in the past decade, and four of them (GTAIV, RDR1, LA Noire, RDR2) have been pretty heavy stories that have ratcheted the realism and immersion up, and the chaos and silliness down.

 

GTAV is actually the exception for Rockstar for the past two console generations, not the rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piggsy pls

I can honestly say I have not really seen any backlash towards this game. It's gotten more universal praise than any game I can think of in the last several years. Of course if you go intentionally looking for complaints you'll find them, that applies to every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theEwing1979

I'm loving the pace of the game and and the story is great. My only minor complaint is that it really isn't challenging enough, I'm deep in chapter 4 and I can only think of maybe 2-3 missions in the whole game that I've had to restart.

 

I've been killed by wolves way more times than I've been killed by a bullet. 

Edited by theEwing1979

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GN 92
16 hours ago, woggleman said:

I am only repeating what I hear over and over again on boards. Boring horse riding and cowboy simulator is what I constantly hear from people. I am not blaming IV but it seems that this game has received the same kind of reaction from people. They say it is not fun and fun is why most people play games. 

 

16 hours ago, woggleman said:

You keep telling yourself that. This is the biggest backlash since IV,

 

Why are you still here if you don’t like the game? Take a break for a while, maybe come back here in two or three years. Your posts are horse sh*t. 

Edited by GN 92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Halal Cyborg
20 minutes ago, Ingrobny said:

I'm not sure about fifferent audiences, because I play GTA games and RDR games, but I'm happy that GTA and RDR is not the same, or else it would just be a GTA game with western theme.

Me too but I think they are as you say different...as is LA Noire that I also enjoyed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
woggleman
27 minutes ago, Tonesta said:

Rockstar have published five open world games in the past decade, and four of them (GTAIV, RDR1, LA Noire, RDR2) have been pretty heavy stories that have ratcheted the realism and immersion up, and the chaos and silliness down.

 

GTAV is actually the exception for Rockstar for the past two console generations, not the rule.

GTA V is also the biggest success and the most popular so that should tell you something. If RDR2 is such a wonderful game why do I even hear people saying they liked the first one but don't like this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saintsrow
38 minutes ago, Piggsy pls said:

I can honestly say I have not really seen any backlash towards this game. It's gotten more universal praise than any game I can think of in the last several years. Of course if you go intentionally looking for complaints you'll find them, that applies to every game.

Relative to the overall business of its peers, i.e., 3D hi-res open world (or map-level) story games, I'd guess that RDR2 is the best there is, both in this year, and all time.  It's the new high bar in world design and in story ccomplexity and side activities.  

 

We who have followed the forum conversations and speculation, who knew every nuance of RDR1, and imagined what RDR2 could be, and who worked ourselves into hype hysteria during the Rockstar info droughts, can see the rough edges in several areas, so our view is biased.  

 

I have to agree with the people above who simply pointed out that if you search for negative comments on the web, you will of course find them.  The web is a vortex of negativity in the best of times.  So it doesn't mean much, that such negativity can be easily found.  

 

 

 

 

9 minutes ago, woggleman said:

GTA V is also the biggest success and the most popular so that should tell you something. If RDR2 is such a wonderful game why do I even hear people saying they liked the first one but don't like this one?

 

I have agreed with some of the points you were generally making about swaths of the gaming community who didn't like RDR2, but in context of popularity as a metric, there is no way to compare GTAV to RDR2.  It's like comparing apples to oranges, or grapes to concrete blocks.

 

GTAV's $3B success is due to the Online sh*tshow, which shows not signs of stopping.  Nobody bought GTAV for the [sarcasm] beautiful, deep story [/sarcasm].  

 

Edited by saintsrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite
17 hours ago, saintsrow said:

I agree that we can all probably think of a number of aspects of this high-concept, faux/pretentious literary approach that Rocktar took for RDR2 as being inadvisable, and just plain WTF, relative to the majority of the gaming community. 

 

The slow burn, long, long replay will appeal only the a fraction of appreciative gamers, like the OP.  As a general rule, how many normal gamers can stay hooked into a story mode game, after they've beaten the game?    So yes, it's a legitimate question - WTH was Rockstar thinking?  After GTA IV?  After LA Noire?  Why make another downer story game?  

 

RDR2 has probably diverted / reduced a month or two of steady pure-profit shark card sales, as people play RDR2 rather than GTA  Online.  So that's lost income that should be deducted from the total revenue that RDR2 brought in. Furthermore, the longer people play RDR2, the longer shark card sales will be reduced.  

 

However, it can still be a win-win, if Rockstar totally goes PvP arcade mode in Red Dead Online.  Screw realism, screw atmosphere, screw mission story depth, just turn the whole  map into a wild west version of the street in front of Tinsel Towers.  The kids will come back.  

 

I think Rockstar is already doing just that--haven't seen a "Homing Tomahawk" in action yet, but the name itself smacks of that implausible, over-the-top crud.

 

A lot of tweaking is still needed in RDR2, but at least it's a nice diversion and get-away from GTA Online (and vice-versa, over time). The fully-enabled physics alone adds a lot of new game play to the things you can do.

 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for RDR2 Online. I suspect it won't be long before it just degrades into the wild west version of GTA Online.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.