4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
DPRK

passenger etiquette

DPRK

when im riding shotgun it's hard to tell if the driver is ok with me shooting and causing chaos on the way to the job. sometimes i feel like killing civilians, so what? but sometimes i get kicked out of the car and i think the other player got mad at me. I understand though it's your PV and all. How do you behave in the passenger seat? how do you act? 

Sanches

I don't ride with strangers, my mama taught me not to do that. Only with friends, so the driver usually tells me if it's okay with me blasting around or na.

Edited by Sanches

Lonely-Martin

I drive.

Folk start blasting unnecessarily, they walk.

And if they turn off my Rebel Radio, be sure to run for the hills because ya gonna get a Dominator up the ass. :)

whywontyoulisten

Don't start shooting if it attracts the cops. Simple rule. Also it can panic NPCs into driving into you, which can slow things down, or damage the vehicle in some missions. It also makes the driver think you're likely to banzai the mission and die because you don't understand restraint (or cover).

Edited by whywontyoulisten

Lucy_Woooolfe

Personally (so no judgement at all on anyone seeing this otherwise), I don't see much sense in gunning down NPCs outside any job/mission/work/challenge, there are so many opportunities to do the same while being paid; of course sometimes fancy just takes one, I understand that. I had once a crew with members that did all session seldom more than shooting holes into NPCs, or even into the air, with not a cent to earn on it, and meanwhile they complained all the time how much the game sucked for not giving them enough money. I fear that experience in particular has made me a bit intolerant towards "off-duty" shooters. 

And like said by @whywontyoulisten, senseless NPC hunting can also actually threaten an operation. So as a passenger I indeed stay put and try to enjoy the ride - occasionally in speakers-off-silence, when I find driver has chosen one of my less favorite radio stations.

Overall, I prefer driving myself anyway, and I usually messaged (I am lone wolfing for quite a while now anyway) a short "No gunning wild pls" or similar; I've never gone so far as to kick anyone being disobedient from my vehicle, though, because this generally leads to even greater waste of time and energy. But I unfriended a certain crew over the matter (and other issues at hand).

thepiebaker

Etiquette like real life

Dont touch the f*cking radio

Dont get me in an accident

Dont f*ck up my windows

AND KEEP YOUR BLOODY DNA SAMPLES OFF THE CHAIR

Edited by thepiebaker

IceDree

Personally, I rather use my own cars instead of riding with others.

If someone rides with me, they can listen to whatever station* they want as long as they don't break the windows or randomly shooting pedestrians.

Although it can be funny sometimes, panicking pedestrians & NPC drivers are a pain in the ass when you're trying to get somewhere.

_______

* I've muted the in game music long time ago, flash drives are the way to go.

Rez090

How about the idiots who exit the vehicle while you're still moving? I hate when people do that, especially when it goes and breaks my door off. I prefer to drive solo but I'll sometimes pick up randoms off the street and drive around some. I kinda wish, if we had lobbies with no PvP, I would like to run a taxi business.

The Wandering Hunter

change radio finicky off

disxharge firearm unnecessarily f*ck off

and it’s funny when people get in then jump out half way to a aircraft spawn up a mountain and strand themselves

Dr.Rosenthal

I don’t really give a sh*t about anyone touching the windows, tbh. If my car is ever whole enough to have its windows broken I haven’t been driving fast enough. My car is never mint for more than a minute, and it’ll probably be driven for all of two minutes before I swap it for another one so there’s a good chance I won’t even see its windows let alone notice if there’s glass in them or not. Lol

But don’t smash them just because you can. So if there’s an enemy to shoot at, go ahead and shoot, but don’t shoot for the sake of doing so. I hate that behavior. Don’t throw explosives everywhere like you’re some kid who just discovered fireworks. Shooting stuff for no reason makes me think you have the mental capabilities of a child, or a poorly trained dog.

And the radio? It depends who I’m with. Any stranger can’t just screw around with my station wheel, but friends? Be my guest, I don’t really care. All in all, I’m a pretty relaxed driver. But I’ve thrown people out when they couldn’t behave, especially back when I played a lot of missions. Then it’s vital that everybody follows good practice.

But whatever you do... DON’T MAN THE BUZZARD ROCKETS AS CO-PILOT, YOU INCOMPETENT TWAT. How does your brain not register that it’s a bad idea? HOW?

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

REXX

Anyone can enter my car as a passanger. Change that radio though and its a bullet through the head or kicked out the car while near a cliff edge.

Rez090
1 hour ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

But whatever you do... DON’T MAN THE BUZZARD ROCKETS AS CO-PILOT, YOU INCOMPETENT TWAT. How does your brain not register that it’s a bad idea? HOW?

Same with the Savage, I man the rockets not the passenger. I always find it stupid when I land next to a random in a Valkyrie and they want to get on the side turrets, completely forgetting that the front turret shoots out explosive rounds.

IceDree

👇👇👇👇👇

3 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

But whatever you do... DON’T MAN THE BUZZARD ROCKETS AS CO-PILOT, YOU INCOMPETENT TWAT.

👆👆👆👆👆

RyuNova

They don't want no scrub
Cos a scrub is a guy that cant get no love from them
Hangin' out the passenger side of a randoms ride
Trying to take shots at Civvies

Edited by RyuNova

Mokuakae

I don't mind what players do. And when I'm a passenger I always shot out the tires of cars in front. I'm compelled to.

The Wandering Hunter

also, 

use a hunter snd the rando will jump out at the destination and die.

use a buzzard and they’ll steal my missiles

use a savage and they sit on the back with no cover and do nothing then die

Rumble Bunneh

I mind, partly because I'm really bad at gunfights. I've been griefed up and down the map a few times simply because I was the one driving the car or the one flying the aircraft. Peeps with serious anger management issues have gone out of their way to punish me for my passengers' bad behavior.

But I've settled all of this in therapy. My cathartic actualization came the moment I realized I was better off going solo … most of the time.

Black-Dragon96

Well if I need to go somewhere I mostly drive myself. On the rare occasion that I am a passenger I stick to the rule I have for people riding with me: 

You change my music or break my windows or shoot at random sh*t or take over my vehicle missiles?

MtqYXjBmyVHsQ.gif

Quinn_flower

Touch my radio you die

esp on gimme more tell to my heart or kascade 

Alan7777

I have a very simple set of rules:

1) Hands to yourself, no breaking my windows

2) Don't change the radio

3) Don't shoot unless otherwise specified

J-Scott-D

If a passenger puts on East Los FM, Los Santos Rock Radio, Rebel Radio or the Blaine County Community Hour, we're going to get along just fine, lol. Anything else will get you ejected, preferably when the vehicle is airborne. :)

Edited by J-Scott-D

REXX
25 minutes ago, Black-Dragon96 said:

Well if I need to go somewhere I mostly drive myself. On the rare occasion that I am a passenger I stick to the rule I have for people riding with me: 

You change my music or break my windows or shoot at random sh*t or take over my vehicle missiles?

MtqYXjBmyVHsQ.gif

I genuinely thought the Ruiner 2000 would have something similar before it was released.

Acesez

when i do contact missions i try and act like the transporter. excessive shooters, people who change the radio and people who jump before i stop end up walking

Dr.Rosenthal
55 minutes ago, J-Scott-D said:

If a passenger puts on East Los FM, Los Santos Rock Radio, Rebel Radio or the Blaine County Community Hour, we're going to get along just fine, lol. Anything else will get you ejected, preferably when the vehicle is airborne. :)

pip pip pip pip pip pip pip !

pip pip pip pip pip pip pip !

piiiiii piiii piiii pipipi piiii piii piiii

Everytime that station comes on I feel like taking blood pressure medicine :(

Kushology
15 hours ago, DPRK said:

How do you behave in the passenger seat? how do you act? 

I don't pay attention to the game if I'm riding passenger, gives me time to do sh*t. in turn, I don't touch the radio or smash out windows with my guns, put bullet holes in their windows or anything like that.

Seems nearly everyone does the opposite. I don't care if they touch the radio though, my music volume is muted. I hate when people shoot randomly though when I'm driving. The NPC's freak the f*ck out and run into everything.

SHOKKERZ91

Back then when i was heisting constantly, i often had to drive up a mountain and eject my passengers. Randomly shooting flare guns, changing radio station and setting waypoints just annoyed the sh*t out of me. You don´t behave, you walk. From a mountain, for good measurement.

CaptainMarvel

Civilized as a driver, civilized as a passenger. Manners maketh man.

Gettin up

I don't mind what the passengers do, unless they are shooting my friends in freemode.

I usually let strangers drive my cars. They end up destroying them many times, but you can get them replaced free of charge so it doesn't matter.

I hate it if I'm trying to be a passenger and get kicked out of the vehicle for no reason, though that occurs rarely.

fw3
23 hours ago, DPRK said:

How do you behave in the passenger seat? how do you act? 

I refuse to ride in the b!tch seat, so if I get in, well, consider both of us dead in 3... 2... 1... boom!

CrysisAverted

I change the station to a classic