2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
ShadyCreeksKiller

*SPOILER* What Do We Lose, What Do We Get Back?

ShadyCreeksKiller

I heard that at some point in the game, we lose all of our money and possibly other possessions (can someone clarify this?)

How far into the game does this happen, what do we get back and when, and should we wait until after this to actually start hunting treasure to become rich?

Money Over Bullshit
2 minutes ago, ShadyCreeksKiller said:

Hide contents

I heard that at some point in the game, we lose all of our money and possibly other possessions (can someone clarify this?)

How far into the game does this happen, what do we get back and when, and should we wait until after this to actually start hunting treasure to become rich?

You lose everything at the end of the main story but get your guns back after Epilogue 1 and all your money and more back after Epilogue 2. Your horses never return but you can easily just buy more of the same breed and build them back up to max level in no time at all. You still retain your saddle too. If you want to go for the White Arabian wait until the very end but there's a Black one available to buy in Saint Denis that I think is just as cool if not better.

Johan
3 hours ago, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

You lose everything at the end of the main story but get your guns back after Epilogue 1 and all your money and more back after Epilogue 2. Your horses never return but you can easily just buy more of the same breed and build them back up to max level in no time at all. You still retain your saddle too. If you want to go for the White Arabian wait until the very end but there's a Black one available to buy in Saint Denis that I think is just as cool if not better.

You don't get your money back, the only way you would is if throughout the game you were under $20k 

ShadyCreeksKiller

*SPOILER*

Ok, so we lose everything after the last mission.

We get our guns back after epilogue 1.

We get all of our money back (up to $20,000) after epilogue 2.

What else do we get back after epilogue 2?

Is there anything that we lose and don’t get back?

Johan

That's about it, unless you also are worried about your attributes/honor rating then those reset as well. 

HockeyMike24

You only really lose your horses, you get everything else back. Including money to buy anything and everything you want.

Crocodile Hunter

Do you lose the clothes that you bought arthur? Abd do you lose the items that you looted as arthur?

Fatsanchez
37 minutes ago, Crocodile Hunter said:

Do you lose the clothes that you bought arthur? Abd do you lose the items that you looted as arthur?

You get to keep all of those stuff.

When I finished chapter 6 I had somewhat around 5k. At the end of the epilogue I had ~1800 and when I completed it, there was 21800 in my pocket. I assumed the game “gives” you 20k upon completing the story, unless its related to the special/ultimate versions bonuses, I dunno.

HockeyMike24
32 minutes ago, Fatsanchez said:

You get to keep all of those stuff.

When I finished chapter 6 I had somewhat around 5k. At the end of the epilogue I had ~1800 and when I completed it, there was 21800 in my pocket. I assumed the game “gives” you 20k upon completing the story, unless its related to the special/ultimate versions bonuses, I dunno.

That's the money you get from the gang savings that Dutch had on Mt Hagen. I think it's also money from the Blackwater robbery

RedDadRedemption

I just want buell back i left him in a a stable now i cant ever get him back is there a horse like him?

Fatsanchez
16 minutes ago, HockeyMike24 said:

Hide contents

That's the money you get from the gang savings that Dutch had on Mt Hagen. I think it's also money from the Blackwater robbery

You’re right, I forgot that John leaves Mt Hagen carrying a lot of money!! My bad!

ShadyCreeksKiller
2 hours ago, HockeyMike24 said:

Hide contents

So that $20k is given to you after prologue part 1? Does it depend on anything, or it happens no matter what?

HockeyMike24
14 minutes ago, ShadyCreeksKiller said:

So that $20k is given to you after prologue part 1? Does it depend on anything, or it happens no matter what?

It's after the second part. The very last mission. It's part of the story, you get it no matter what.

captinturk1654

Do we also get the collactibles like the cigrette cards

Revrico

I lost all my herbs, my perfect rat, and a few birds as well at the end of everything. I was worried as is finished all the treasure hunts and kept the bars knowing what would happen, but they transferred fine. 

Money Over Bullshit
21 hours ago, Johan said:

You don't get your money back, the only way you would is if throughout the game you were under $20k 

Well that's more than you could ever spend.. why would you need any more?

CaliMeatWagon
On 11/10/2018 at 8:12 PM, ShadyCreeksKiller said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm nearing 100% game completion and the advice I give people is this:
With Arthur-
Focus on Stranger Missions and Main Story. No need to rush, but don't worry about collectibles, hunting, etc. 
With John-
Focus on collectibles, hunting, fishing, and all other side activities, unfinished Strangers. 

My reasoning is that John has very little story missions (in comparison). As a result you will find little to do as John if you completed everything as Arthur. John has to be completely built up (finances and stats) and the activities provide a means. In contrast, Arthur never really hurts for money or experience as there are a steady stream of missions. Plus, if you did all the strangers as Arthur, you'll come across them as John with dialogue about the past. 

But, this is just my opinion, and well, you know about opinions. 

saintsrow
7 hours ago, RedDadRedemption said:

I just want buell back i left him in a a stable now i cant ever get him back is there a horse like him?

Spoiler

I don't give a sh*t about Arthur and I don't give a sh*t about John, and I don't give a sh*t about little Jack, but you goddamned sonsabitches took mah horse!  There ain't no forgivin' that..." 

Johan
8 hours ago, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

Well that's more than you could ever spend.. why would you need any more?

It was useful for 100% completion when you were having to travel back and forth across the country. Saved a lot of time. And then refilling ammo during the challenges

Edited by Johan
Phone autocorrect likes screwing me over.

Money Over Bullshit
5 hours ago, Johan said:

It was useful for 100% completion when you were having to trouble back and forth across the country. Saved a lot of time. And then refilling ammo during the challenges

Sorry what?

Johan
26 minutes ago, Money Over Bullsh*t said:

Sorry what?

Fast travel = spending money

Gambling challenges = spending money for hours

Ammo for most challenges = spending money 

20 grand was barely enough for me to spend on, and that was without buying even one piece of clothing for John.

ShadyCreeksKiller
13 hours ago, Revrico said:

I lost all my herbs, my perfect rat, and a few birds as well at the end of everything. I was worried as is finished all the treasure hunts and kept the bars knowing what would happen, but they transferred fine. 

Wait so you never got things back that were inventory, but you got all of your gold bars back after the prologue?

AddamHusayin

Great tip for people who want all their money to carry over to the epilogue:

Go to the aberdeen pig farm and let those people rob you of all your money. Do this before the point of no return mission "Our Best Selves". Once the epilgoue starts go back and get the money behind the picture when you first enter the house and all your money will be there.

You must have not done that encounter yet in order for this to work.

Edited by AddamHusayin

Revrico
2 hours ago, ShadyCreeksKiller said:

Wait so you never got things back that were inventory, but you got all of your gold bars back after the prologue?

Yes. Crafting materials disappeared, but rewards, unique items, and sellable junk all stayed. 

Money Over Bullshit
6 hours ago, Johan said:

20 grand was barely enough for me to spend on, and that was without buying even one piece of clothing for John.

Hmmm ok. Well there's always the gold bar duplication glitch 😀

ShadyCreeksKiller
2 hours ago, Revrico said:

Yes. Crafting materials disappeared, but rewards, unique items, and sellable junk all stayed. 

Okay, so we get $20k in cash back after losing everything, but we also get our gold bars back because they are sellable items?

Why do we lose crafting items too if those are sellable? So you lost furs/skins...what else do we lose forever?

Revrico
10 hours ago, Johan said:

How are you spending so much money? I could barely spend the 5 grand for the achievement, and I bought 2 Arabian horses, Hell I use express ammo exclusively and that doesn't drop from npcs. The $26k I had after everything was way more than enough to finish 100%.

You lose crafting materials I assume because they're no longer necessary. Everything you need pelts to craft with Pearson during the story can be purchased for cash from the trapper after the story, except the special outfits. 

Edited by Revrico

ShadyCreeksKiller

Okay so definitely get the special outfits before the end of the main story

Gtaman_92

So I will lose my free war horse and never be able to get it back?

Edited by Gtaman_92

Revrico
2 hours ago, ShadyCreeksKiller said:

Okay so definitely get the special outfits before the end of the main story

You can still get them after, but you need the legendary and perfect pelts to make them just like during the story. I could have been clearer about that. The satchels can be bought with no pelts needed. I didn't actually have them until end game.