2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

pete9516

Adding custom animation files to added vehicles

pete9516

So as the title of this topic might assume, i added (not replaced) the Hoverboard for GTA SA to the game (originally replaces faggio). But since it's a hoverboard and not a moped it replaces the animation file for the faggio (bikev.ifp) which you have to replace in gta3.img. I renamed bikev.ifp to 3bike.ifp (same name as .txd and .dff file of vehicle) and imported it to gta3.img and anim.img (just in case) and changed the vehicles.ide line from this

462,    faggio,        faggio,        bike,        MOPED,        FAGGIO,        bikev,    normal,        1,    0,    0,        16, 0.464, 0.464,    -1
to this

3889,    3bike,        3bike,        bike,        3BIKE,        B3,            3bike,    normal,        1,    0,    0,        16, 0.464, 0.464,    -1
Well, ofcourse this didn't work, since GTA SA seems to have a limit everywhere, so i started to think about what i could have done wrong or what i else have to do to let it work. Then i tried to create a cleo script for letting the .ifp file to load (maybe the game doesn't load it? I don't know.)

// This file was decompiled using SASCM.ini published by GTAG (http://gtag.gtagaming.com/opcode-database) on 14.6.2013
{$CLEO .cs}

//-------------MAIN---------------
thread 'LOAD_ANIMATIONS' 
wait 0 
04ED: load_animation "3BIKE" 
038B: load_requested_models 
0A93: end_custom_thread 

This didn't work, too. Then i found the Animation Data in handling.cfg and i thought this must be it. So i added a new animation line:

^ 30 30 3 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.5 0.0 -0.5 -0.3 0.3 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0
This is a copy of:

^ 5 5 3 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.5 0.0 -0.5 -0.3 0.3 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0
Only that i hoped that a new animation group (3bike in vehicles.ide) would need a new animation line in handling.cfg.

And not to forget i edited 3bike.ifp with Anim Manager and changed any "BIKEv" to "3BIKE". This fixed the immediate freeze of the game when the game loads the vehicle model and texture (using a vehicle spawner). But at the moment when i tried to finally enter the vehicle, the game crashes with the following exception address: 0x006E3D9C

On this great website: https://www.mixmods.com.br/p/lista-de-crash-e-solucoes.html

you can find your exception address which caused the game to crash and you can read what exactly made the game to crash. Unfortunately none of the mentioned changes to the game doesn't fit into my specific case:

Error: 0x006E3D9C
Type: Crash (at any time, some animation action or when trying to get into a vehicle)
Problem: Incorrect animation group, possibly some vehicles.ide line is wrong, either missing or misconfigured. Is it possible that this problem is also caused by too heavy a car (or was it just coincidences?).
Solution: Check your cars and their respective lines of the vehicles.ide, check if everything is ok, usually manually or in the .txts with the lines of them installed in the Mod Loader, also remembering that in case you have a vehicles.ide inside the Modloader, all .txts with Vehicles lines will not load as stated in the Mod Loader tutorial. If even without such lines installed (or even "correctly installed") still crash, try uninstalling cars from your game, you can use Test Car Load to test them and find the problem.
About: This crash is common and little known, if you have more information, tell us).

Can anybody help me?? Does anybody know what i'm doing wrong? I really don't want to replace the faggio with the hoverboard, and it's sad enough that you can't add new engine sounds since the Hoverboard has custom engine sounds. :/ But you would have to replace them, too! Does anybody have the same issue as me?

ZAZ

did you gave animation group number at last parameter of handling line?

As first i would test if the animimation works in general, just replace bikev.ifp and test the faggio ride

Then i would rename the anim into bikex.ifp

But there's a problem with new animation names, because the animation have an internal name and maybe the game checks for this

this internal name can you only edit with 3dmax and T2B-EXE-convert-txt2ifp

Edited by ZAZ

pete9516
1 hour ago, ZAZ said:

did you gave animation group number at last parameter of handling line?

Yes, i changed the handling line from

3BIKE 500 120 5.0 0.0 -0.00 -0.23 103 1.8 0.9 0.48 3 250.0 65.0 5.0 R P 14.0 0.50 0 22.0 1.0 0.15 0.0 0.12 -0.17 0.5 0.0 0.0 0.11 10000 01001200 00000002 0 0 5
to

3BIKE 500 120 5.0 0.0 -0.00 -0.23 103 1.8 0.9 0.48 3 250.0 65.0 5.0 R P 14.0 0.50 0 22.0 1.0 0.15 0.0 0.12 -0.17 0.5 0.0 0.0 0.11 10000 01001200 00000002 0 0 30

As far as i know the extra bike handling line doesn't have anything to do with animation lines, so i only did this on the standard lines.

1 hour ago, ZAZ said:

As first i would test if the animimation works in general, just replace bikev.ifp and test the faggio ride

The animation with the included model and texture are working fine without an instant crash. (tested with modloader)

1 hour ago, ZAZ said:

Then i would rename the anim into bikex.ifp

Why would you do this? Do you think that 3bike.ifp doesn't work?

1 hour ago, ZAZ said:

But there's a problem with new animation names, because the animation have an internal name and maybe the game checks for this

this internal name can you only edit with 3dmax and T2B-EXE-convert-txt2ifp

I think what you mean is that you can easily edit that animation name with Anim Manager. With this programm you can also edit the names of the single animations in the file. I think that this is what you mean.

PS: Thanks for the response.