1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Serg14

So the cars, bikes,motorcycles is coming?

Maddened_Ghost
On 11/21/2018 at 5:52 PM, Serg14 said:

For those who really afraid cars because of online  gameplay disbalance - if you are sh*tty player  you'll be sh*tty even on a horse.

Oh really? you're a genius.

I don't want cars because they are going to be stupid in this setting, and this whole historical justification that people are throwing around over here doesn't mean anything to me, the game is fine without cars and the SP is the fine example of that, lets keep it that way before one day a Deluxo makes its way into some cave in New Austin.

Gallows
16 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

You are missing the point. It is not what we want, it is what Take2 wants and they want a repeat of GTAOnline and all the sweet sweet cash that came with it. The boss of Take2 has openly admitted this.

Take2 commands and R* obeys.

Well if your crystal ball says that then it must be.

The online achievements mention having five horses, but nothing about cars. Surely getting your first car would be an achievement. 

There are plenty of stuff to add without adding cars. I’m confident R* has the imagination you lack 😝

Edited by Gallows

RyuNova
3 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Well if your crystal ball says that then it must be.

There are plenty of stuff to add without adding cars. I’m confident R* has the imagination you lack 😝

Like what? What can they add that wont be reskins of stuff we already have? Can the game survive five years on reskins?

Callahan44
4 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Like what? What can they add that wont be reskins of stuff we already have? Can the game survive five years on reskins?

I agree,it wont work imo. But instead of a large vehiclepool we could get other big updates with some crazy stuff. Doesnt have to be cars,but it seems like one of the obvious things they could add.

RyuNova
4 minutes ago, Callahan44 said:

I agree,it wont work imo. But instead of a large vehiclepool we could get other big updates with some crazy stuff. Doesnt have to be cars,but it seems like one of the obvious things they could add.

Agreed. I don't want to to become Grand Theft Horso but the era and setting is right for stuff like that be added without breaking the illusion of the realistic world they have tried to present. Even still RDR2 has its "insane science" moments so its a bit shortsighted to think they wont at least add some zany stuff.

Gallows

Unless they add super cars, then all cars will also just be reskins with slightly different stats. Cars are just one element among houndreds they have to work with.

They can add:

- camp stuff and features

- camp games

- camp themes

- horses

- tack

- Weapon modification

- properties (lots of options)

- content for properties (lots to do here)

- servants for properties

- clothing

- Wagons

- Coaches

- Boats

- Tracking dogs

- Ability to create special events

Cars are just one single thing, more so in this game than GTA. I doubt they want to ruin the idea that horses are the big thing by adding cars.

Boats could very well be the big collectors item, ranging from a canoe to a big steam boat with a saloon and gambling tables. You may even be allowed to spend even more of your money by adding features to your big steam boat.

Edited by Gallows

Callahan44
2 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Unless they add super cars, then all cars will also just be reskins with slightly different stats. Cars are just one element among houndreds they have to work with.

They can add:

- camp stuff and features

- camp games

- camp themes

- horses

- tack

- Weapon modification

- properties (lots of options)

- content for properties (lots to do here)

- servants for properties

- clothing

- Wagons

- Coaches

- Boats

- Tracking dogs

- Ability to create special events

Cars are just one single thing, more so in this game than GTA. I doubt they want to ruin the idea that horses are the big thing by adding cars.

Cars could be part of a oil business update for exampe,you start your own company,produce fuel and can buy cars then that need expensive fuel to work. Your decision if you burn your own money instead of riding horses. 

Everybody can get a car,few would use it in freeroam.

Jedster
5 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

It would also allow them to add armoured/weaponised vehicles. Which, as much as we dislike them, they are an inevitability. 

Cars from that time - fine by me, but weaponised!!? Hell NO!! If any of you want that, go back to GTAO for that BS!! :miranda:

Gallows
33 minutes ago, Jedster said:

Cars from that time - fine by me, but weaponised!!? Hell NO!! If any of you want that, go back to GTAO for that BS!! :miranda:

Cars will be the start of that BS and a year from now RDO will be lame and stupid.

Jedster
26 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Cars will be the start of that BS and a year from now RDO will be lame and stupid.

So I guess I wont be playing a year from now, because I am not playing any lame and stupid games...

I sincerely hope that it wont come to that, however the money boner is strong with R* since GTAO and if it get them more money, why would they not do it, right?

Gallows
Just now, Jedster said:

So I guess I wont be playing a year from now, because I am not playing any lame and stupid games...

I sincerely hope that it wont come to that, however the money boner is strong with R* since GTAO and if it get them more money, why would they not do it, right?

I’m crossing my fingers and hoping as well. If this game stays grounded it can become amazing for years. The “pew pew pew something new” people will be disappointed I hope.

I hope R* realise they can make money off this by keeping it authentic and grounded, because GTAO is already out there, so they want to offer an alternative, not just a new GTAO reskinned.

Revrico

So many silly children who think a multi-billion dollar company gives a sh*t about what a few hundred people on a forum think.

@ryunova is right, whether anyone here likes it or not. Cockstar will do what makes money, and since they figured out how to print it in GTAO, they're most likely going to copy and paste that strategy like they have so many adversary modes and business missions before this. 

A year from now when everyone but the most obsessive players have forgotten all about this slow, yet pretty, game, expect to be buying train yards and running out to thwart other bandits on your laser shooting unicorn.

This site as a whole should be a lesson on echo chambers and the way they mess with people's heads, making them think that just because a few people keep saying the same thing that they maGically have an ear at the owners table. 

Gallows
57 minutes ago, Revrico said:

So many silly children who think a multi-billion dollar company gives a sh*t about what a few hundred people on a forum think.

@ryunova is right, whether anyone here likes it or not. Cockstar will do what makes money, and since they figured out how to print it in GTAO, they're most likely going to copy and paste that strategy like they have so many adversary modes and business missions before this. 

A year from now when everyone but the most obsessive players have forgotten all about this slow, yet pretty, game, expect to be buying train yards and running out to thwart other bandits on your laser shooting unicorn.

This site as a whole should be a lesson on echo chambers and the way they mess with people's heads, making them think that just because a few people keep saying the same thing that they maGically have an ear at the owners table. 

The whole gaming world has gone to sh*t. You can get unicorn weapon skins in black ops 4. The whole gaming custumisation concept has become a nightmarish childrens book of silly crap. I hate it and I don’t think I am the only one. There is a market for non stupid lame sh*t game elements, and I hope R* deliver and people will support them if they do instead of turning everything into the same slimy puke.

MostlyPonies
2 hours ago, Gallows said:

"Well if your crystal ball says that then it must be."

Gallows
Just now, MostlyPonies said:

"Well if your crystal ball says that then it must be."

😂 My crystal ball is clear. Not that modern pink unicorn crap most kids use today.

MostlyPonies

@Gallows Do not doubt pink unicorns, friend.

ghostsoap01

For me its an immersion thing. If 2-3 players in the lobby in Saint Denis are driving around in cars, its not so bad. The issue for me is that if cars are available, most people will try to have one, and so all of a sudden you have a lobby of 32 (or whatever the limit of people is) where more than half of them likely have cars. This means cars would not be special when you see one, as they wouldn't be rare.

Gallows
7 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

For me its an immersion thing. If 2-3 players in the lobby in Saint Denis are driving around in cars, its not so bad. The issue for me is that if cars are available, most people will try to have one, and so all of a sudden you have a lobby of 32 (or whatever the limit of people is) where more than half of them likely have cars. This means cars would not be special when you see one, as they wouldn't be rare.

Agree completely, but the only way to make R* comply is to vote with our money. Tell them we will stop buying stuff if they include cars and back it up with action. I think there is a market for an authentic Wild West. There is already enough pinky pony puke out there for players to swallow.

Of course most people are weak willed today, so chances are slim.

Edited by Gallows

RyuNova
1 hour ago, Gallows said:

There is a market for non stupid lame sh*t game elements, and I hope R* deliver and people will support them if they do instead of turning everything into the same slimy puke.

And that market is miniscule compared the virile market they have already reaped and sown again ready for RDRO. 

GTAO proved that. The general consensus on this forum is "f*ck meme vehicles and f*ck Shark Cards". Guess what part of that R* does not like? 

While the Shark Card Whales are saying "We love Meme vehicles and we love Shark Cards! More of both!" 

IamCourtney

"Meme vehicles" aren't necessarily a dealbreaker for me... I'd like a more down to Earth experience here, at least at first, but I've been with GTAO the whole time so I have no illusions. Things will probably escalate technologically sooner or later and I withhold judgement until that day comes. I just hope they do a better job balancing things this time around. Hopefully they have a clearer long-term vision for RDRO, because you can tell they did a lot of making it up as they went in GTAO and things got... messy...

Edited by IamCourtney

RyuNova
24 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

"Meme vehicles" aren't necessarily a dealbreaker for me... I'd like a more down to Earth experience here, at least at first, but I've been with GTAO the whole time so I have no illusions. Things will probably escalate technologically sooner or later and I withhold judgement until that day comes. I just hope they do a better job balancing things this time around. Hopefully they have a clearer long-term vision for RDRO, because you can tell they did a lot of making it up as they went in GTAO and things got... messy...

Well how long was it before we got Meme vehicles in GTAO?  Was the Oppressor the first one?

Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, RyuNova said:

And that market is miniscule compared the virile market they have already reaped and sown again ready for RDRO. 

GTAO proved that. The general consensus on this forum is "f*ck meme vehicles and f*ck Shark Cards". Guess what part of that R* does not like? 

While the Shark Card Whales are saying "We love Meme vehicles and we love Shark Cards! More of both!" 

Yeah. I agree with @Gallows that R* can (and likely will) look to make a mint from just about any addition. But the chap seems to be ignoring about $6bn reasons why our small group here (compared to the 100m buyers) just has no hope if they take the piss more and more like with GTA.

I hope I'm wrong, but that Straus fella running the show now has said that even GTA:O was undermonitiised. And after just reading that cartoon COD is offering unicorn crap, lol. FML, we're doomed in this current level of corporate greed. Something's gotta give!

2 hours ago, Gallows said:

Agree completely, but the only way to make R* comply is to vote with our money. Tell them we will stop buying stuff if they include cars and back it up with action. I think there is a market for an authentic Wild West. There is already enough pinky pony puke out there for players to swallow.

Of course most people are weak willed today, so chances are slim.

We could indeed vote with our wallets. Many refused cards there (GTA). But we're freeloaders for buying the game and not buying into microtransactions anyway so won't work, we bought it twice before they changed the game entirely too. (Public only bollocks). They aren't that bothered aside squeezing to the point we pay really, doing it on the cheap. We're seen as a problem even long term. I can't link, but there's threads exposing R* or T2 meeting notes that confirmed so much of this crap. Genuinely, GTA is a monster in many ways, good and bad for the players. (Bad day, ramble time, lol. TL:DR, but GTA has a real dark side).

Spoiler

We've had sh*t loads of reskinning, reusing, and rewrapping sh*t. The 'bar' kept on moving to the point we now have a super fast (glitched) flying bike that really has little competition. And any time we sell in public on the businesses, we get attacked by that and blow it up, $10k fine and BS points. For playing as intended!! That aspect of the game I just refuse to participate in, it's not a game to me.

So often we'd ask for a fix or some bugs to be addressed, like the god mode that's been growing since the last DLC (it pops up often though too before then) just not listened to. Lucky if a new DLC fixes it) They don't want to do anything to help it seems. Or spend the money. If a mod menu abuser manipulates your account, a huge PC problem right now, and old gen was savaged by these, R* ban the victims so often too. It's all there in the GTA section. You ain't gotta like that game, but you gotta know, it was flogged like Jesus dude, really was.

Many walked, or gave up on legitimate gaming through an unjust wipe that they cheat too, after trying for years to seek even a small improvement. I'm not making this up or trying to be a hater, I really do hope R* learned. But I'm certain, if we get another GTA level of flogging here, the game will get a lot of heat and the players in many cases are just not in for round 2. What R* and some players (mod abusers) did is absurd really.

I started on old gen day one, by 18 months in a mod menu loaded my account, I asked R* immediately, they f*cking wiped my entire account and said its because I cheated. No appeals, ever. I returned of course with a new account and luckily had help from friends to set up again, it was so frustrating to be there though. And it's only grown.

I wish I could link this stuff, but if another could link the Undermonitised thread and the PC mod thread Gaffa is working extremely hard to help the PC community with. (Modders can now attack others single player campaigns now, genuinely), that thread is horrendous, how R* got away with some I feel is very unethical, they sued some modders citing that it did indeed cause others grief like this, but those victims when they go to R* are still told, no appeals. To this day.

Yep, we can walk. But the whales that R* target are making them so rich, f*ck the gamers man, our voice is tiny. 1 car got addressed (Jester Classic), hell a couple of YouTubers got a ban/temp for speaking out too. But MrBoss can thrive with his cheats and exposing glitches and other advantages for sh*t players. (I can't press enter so I'm sorry for the wall here, I feel you are temping fate, lol. Sorry for this ramble - I'm with you, but we have experienced something I feel you didn't with GTA:O). We're not weak willed, we're f*cked. A 100k fans over $6bn for shareholders, yeah. Doomed really. (f*cking unicorn sh*t in COD, that made me laugh hard though, and my 13 year old, lol).

Anyway, apologies for the ramble, just getting fed up with gaming looking to make me pay not play.

13 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Well how long was it before we got Meme vehicles in GTAO?  Was the Oppressor the first one?

The Hydra could be seen as one from heists, those cannons are far too strong, but invite only allowed full access then. For me, the Ruiner2k from I/E was the one, it is abused so much to hold lobbies to ransom, and it's only been topped since really. In combination of being forced to play among it potentially, or manipulate the internet or bounce sessions in hope of a solo.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

RyuNova
9 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Yeah. I agree with @Gallows that R* can (and likely will) look to make a mint from just about any addition. But the chap seems to be ignoring about $6bn reasons why our small group here (compared to the 100m buyers) just has no hope if they take the piss more and more like with GTA.

Agreed. They can make money from anything but would you prefer to make ten dollars or ten billion dollars?

11 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

The Hydra could be seen as one from heists, those cannons are far too strong, but invite only allowed full access then. For me, the Ruiner2k from I/E was the one, it is abused so much to hold lobbies to ransom, and it's only been topped since really. In combination of being forced to play among it potentially, or manipulate the internet or bounce sessions in hope of a solo.

When I say Meme vehicles I don't mean OP vehicles. I mean stuff like the Oppressor that dont exist so shatter the illusion of realism. I mean we know that its possible to buy a cart with a Maxim Gun on the back in RDRO just in the base game, something that could lock down an entire town but at least it is realistic. When we start getting trains with gigantic cannons on them that can bombard Saint Denis from The Grizzlies then we have an issue.

Lonely-Martin
4 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Agreed. They can make money from anything but would you prefer to make ten dollars or ten billion dollars?

When I say Meme vehicles I don't mean OP vehicles. I mean stuff like the Oppressor that dont exist so shatter the illusion of realism. I mean we know that its possible to buy a cart with a Maxim Gun on the back in RDRO just in the base game, something that could lock down an entire town but at least it is realistic. When we start getting trains with gigantic cannons on them that can bombard Saint Denis from The Grizzlies then we have an issue.

KITT is fantasy, meme away. That Ruiner, ruins. :)

Oh, I know which R*/T2 choose. Easily. Being fair, if I was a shareholder that seemingly don't care about gaming but that yacht in Monaco, I'd go for the jugular too. Money is money, get what we can.

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Wording.

RyuNova
2 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

KITT is fantasy, meme away. That Ruiner, ruins. :)

Oh, I know which R*/T2 choose. Easily. Being fair, if I was a shareholder that seemingly don't care about gaming but that yacht in Monaco, I'd go for the jugular too. Money is money, get what we can.

Balance is the issue. Everyone loves KITT. No-one loves getting Fully Loaded in the bumhole for an entire session. GTA has always been zany and wacky so the Meme vehicles suit the game, alot of people seem to forget that GTA2 and SA exist and GTA did not start with GTAIV or even worse GTAO.

I am on both sides. I want the game to keep a tone but I have realistic expectations going off five years of GTAO and how successful it was/is.

Lonely-Martin
9 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Balance is the issue. Everyone loves KITT. No-one loves getting Fully Loaded in the bumhole for an entire session. GTA has always been zany and wacky so the Meme vehicles suit the game, alot of people seem to forget that GTA2 and SA exist and GTA did not start with GTAIV or even worse GTAO.

I am on both sides. I want the game to keep a tone but I have realistic expectations going off five years of GTAO and how successful it was/is.

I'm with you here dude. The difference between older GTA's is player input. We had jetpacks, but only our jetpack, no-one to bust our immersion, no matter if that was out there

And agree KITT is loved, I grew up on The Hoff, and a bit of Pam. ;) Just as you said balance is key too as then these are far less impactful like they are in GTA. Though restrictions too I feel. Had the game not changed after a few years, I'd not have a complaint in the world, I'd rarely see it if at all, as I'd have access elsewhere.

So many aspects to consider, but the biggest one for me is that $6bn. No way R*/T2 look to not replicate so much. We'll just have to wait and see now. I'm hopeful GTA was a beta for the last 2 years really. But like you, realistic expectations. It's gonna be interesting. If PvE lobbies are true, again, my complaints/concerns are almost instantly allayed. 

I feel there's room for R* to appeal to PvP and PvE separately here. GTA just kept growing along with the vote kick abuse and lone public methods. Flexibility sells, I hope.

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Spelling, lol.

ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, RyuNova said:

Probably started with the R2K.

The Holy Diver

Nah. Driving a car is utterly different from steering a horse. Rockstar isn’t about to invent new mechanics for it. If it isn’t available in single player, it very likely won’t transition to online.

RyuNova
5 minutes ago, The Holy Diver said:

Nah. Driving a car is utterly different from steering a horse. Rockstar isn’t about to invent new mechanics for it. If it isn’t available in single player, it very likely won’t transition to online.

Well seeing as RDR2 and GTAV both work on R.A.G.E I don't see any issue with them bringing over cars.

ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, The Holy Diver said:

You couldn't fly a hover bike in GTA V SP, yet the Oppressor MK2 is still, unfortunately, a thing in GTAO.