1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Serg14

So the cars, bikes,motorcycles is coming?

White Shark
On 11/9/2018 at 8:10 PM, Serg14 said:

also motorboats, movie theaters, diesel cars already existed in 1899. Do you think rockstart smart enough to add it in online?

Smart?  It would be an idiotic move to add these things.  Regardless of the fact they existed back then, if they're introduced into this game, EVERYONE will just save up their money and buy them, regardless of cost.  These sorts of vehicles existed, but they were rare and not common place.  To see such things would be really unusual.  The game needs to stick with what it does best, and that's horses, carts and the train.

Lol "rockstart".

Don Maximus Meridius

I think we'll have 1 or 2 slow cars, some steamboats, that balloon and after 2 years a $500k zeppelin (the RDR:O Yatch)

djb204
55 minutes ago, Don Maximus Meridius said:

I think we'll have 1 or 2 slow cars, some steamboats, that balloon and after 2 years a $500k zeppelin (the RDR:O Yatch)

I hope not. Those things were very very very rare to see back in the day. I ain’t saying they didn’t exist, I’m just trying to emphasize how rare they truly were. If they were released in RDR Online we could see a full 32 player lobby driving around in this wild west era setting which would really hurt immersion. 

Collibosher

Let's not open the Pandora's box, shall we?

GTA O: Buzzard-> Hydra-> Oppressor

RDR2 O: 76775038db871b1bffd2f2514a6d8d12--antiqu ->566774b2d74086de9c36a5e091b05125.jpg->Bildresultat för wild wild west spider

Smokewood

I want that spider!

Red Lynx 23

Probably needless to point out, but R* will probably introduce things that will let the PVP Lobbies go to sh*t. At worst there would be some eye sores in the PVE Lobbies.

GusMcCree
On 11/9/2018 at 10:36 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

f*ck YOUR HORSE I WANNA RIDE AN OPPRESSOR  MK2, BITCH

The skies of New Hanover will never be the same

Killing horses with your fighter jet's cannons dawg

In this time the airplanes unarmed ... in the first ww they begun to armed airplanes

Edited by GusMcCree

KingBen

I just want them to add the hot air balloon from single player. 

Callahan44

Its a hard decision if you want cars or not...if you add them,who uses horses anymore? I dont want lobbies where everyone uses a car. 

But what if gas is really expensive for example? So you have to play a 15min mission to pay for 10min of gasoline.

I think sooner or later well see some motorized vehicles.

Serg14

For those who really afraid cars because of online  gameplay disbalance - if you are sh*tty player  you'll be sh*tty even on a horse.

Edited by Serg14

Collibosher
1 hour ago, Serg14 said:

For those who really afraid cars because of online  gameplay disbalance - if you are sh*tty player  you'll be sh*tty even on a horse.

OH REALLY??? WELL YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT...

nah never mind...

specterkev
On 11/9/2018 at 3:41 PM, Lance_Vance89 said:

Hopefully, the slow gameplay in RDR2 are have scared off the adhd children who play GTA online.

We can only hope

RyuNova

People are too quick to ask "Why?" but if properly balanced then I ask "why not?"

Cars should be Online but kept slower than a galloping Horse and have fuel that you can use like feeding your Horse. 

Have them there for the people that want them and as a entirely different play style.

Gallows
1 minute ago, RyuNova said:

People are too quick to ask "Why?" but if properly balanced then I ask "why not?"

Cars should be Online but kept slower than a galloping Horse and have fuel that you can use like feeding your Horse. 

Have them there for the people that want them and as a entirely different play style.

I know it may sound fine to give people what they want. I want steam powered robot suits, lightning guns, automaton pets.

If you can get cars everyone will get them and the illusion of being in the Wild West is ruined forever.

For that reason my opinion is that people should not get what they want no matter how well it’s balanced.

RyuNova
3 minutes ago, Gallows said:

I know it may sound fine to give people what they want. I want steam powered robot suits, lightning guns, automaton pets.

If you can get cars everyone will get them and the illusion of being in the Wild West is ruined forever.

For that reason my opinion is that people should not get what they want no matter how well it’s balanced.

I disagree. Cars were around and as long as Horses remain faster and more nimble than cars they will always be redundant and a luxury item. 

We know that R* tempts people with expensive items that are useless a few weeks later. How long can they release different Horse skins before people ask for more? 

ALifeOfMisery
4 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Why not is my attitude towards the implementation of cars and motorcycles.

If R* stick to the accurate capabilities and limitations of vehicles that were available just after the turn of the 20th century there would be very few reasons to use a vehicle instead of a horse.

As I've said before, they would just be cool collectors pieces that would be almost completely impractical in most situations.

Sootyjared

Civil war submarines.

It would be useless, cost a lot and you wouldn’t be able to use them in many places but people will still buy them.

and they were around in those times as well.

Edited by Sootyjared

RyuNova
3 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Why not is my attitude towards the implementation of cars and motorcycles.

If R* stick to the accurate capabilities and limitations of vehicles that were available just after the turn of the 20th century there would be very few reasons to use a vehicle instead of a horse.

As I've said before, they would just be cool collectors pieces that would be almost completely impractical in most situations.

Seeing someone rolling around on a fancy suit and a car while you are are a poor sweaty Cowboy will evoke a sense of jealousy or banditry.

Gallows
1 minute ago, RyuNova said:

I disagree. Cars were around and as long as Horses remain faster and more nimble than cars they will always be redundant and a luxury item. 

We know that R* tempts people with expensive items that are useless a few weeks later. How long can they release different Horse skins before people ask for more? 

It’s not the cars as such I am worried about in terms of immersion, but the NUMBER of cars. Whole gangs each in their own car just for the hell of it. And then after a while the whining will start that the cars are underpowered. It will become crap before we know it.

There is plenty for R* to do without including cars. Weapons, saddles, horses, clothing, haircuts, face paint, housing, camp upgrades.

The only way in which I wouldn’t mind to have cars in the game is if two cars always spawn in Saint Denise and one in Blackwater, so what you buy is the ability to drive these cars. But Tree cars total in a lobby would be ok.

Besides I hope R* sets the game in an earlier period like the mid ‘80s, so we don’t even have to worry about this.

RyuNova
2 hours ago, Gallows said:

It’s not the cars as such I am worried about in terms of immersion, but the NUMBER of cars. Whole gangs each in their own car just for the hell of it. And then after a while the whining will start that the cars are underpowered. It will become crap before we know it.

There is plenty for R* to do without including cars. Weapons, saddles, horses, clothing, haircuts, face paint, housing, camp upgrades.

The only way in which I wouldn’t mind to have cars in the game is if two cars always spawn in Saint Denise and one in Blackwater, so what you buy is the ability to drive these cars. But Tree cars total in a lobby would be ok.

Besides I hope R* sets the game in an earlier period like the mid ‘80s, so we don’t even have to worry about this.

Whats the difference between that and a Posse on their Horses? As long as the cars are slow and do poorly off-road then people will gravitate towards Horses to keep up. If XxXYOLOswag420XxX cant keep up with his hyperactive friends because he is driving his slow ass car they are eventually gonna make him ride or drop him.

Edited by RyuNova

Gallows
54 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Whats the difference between that and a Posse on their Horses? As long as the cars are slow and do poorly off-road then people will gravitate towards Horses to keep up. If XxXYOLOswag420XxX cant keep up with his hyperactive friends because he is driving his slow ass car they are eventually gonna make him ride or drop him.

It’s a very personal preference for a more traditional western theme. I’m not worried about the balance, I’m sure they would work that out. I would just not like cars and such in the game from a personal perspective of immersion in the Wild West. Even though there were cars, you would never see posses of outlaws crossing the plains in them, but again the historical accuracy is not my main concern either. I just think it would look silly, feel silly and make the game silly. :)

On the topic of names, I’d also like for names not to be shown ingame, unless you use the left trigger to interact with people and then it’s shows in the same place where it usually says “Stranger” ot whatever name the NPC goes by. For the same reasons as me not liking cars to be in the game really.

Edited by Gallows

RyuNova

t’s a very personal preference for a more traditional western theme. I’m not worried about the balance, I’m sure they would work that out. I would just not like cars and such in the game from a personal perspective of immersion in the Wild West. Even though there were cars, you would never see posses of outlaws crossing the plains in them, but again the historical accuracy is not my main concern either. I just think it would look silly, feel silly and make the game silly. :)

On the topic of names, I’d also like for names not to be shown ingame, unless you use the left trigger to interact with people and then it’s shows in the same place where it usually says “Stranger” ot whatever name the NPC goes by. For the same reasons as me not liking cars to be in the game really.

Ahhhh, I see. Sorry. 

Rocket-74

One solution might be to have them, but have the option to join lobbies where they are locked out. So you could either join the crazy lobbies with 32 people driving around in cars, or a traditional lobby where the humble horse is still king.

Arthur Bell
On 11/9/2018 at 3:10 PM, Serg14 said:

, movie theaters, 

You have to get your license before driving one of those. I hear it's impossible and rather large and imposing to drive one throughout the map

D T

They absolutely will a year or 2 from now. You can quote me on that.

éX-Driver

They’re honestly going to have to, if they want to even come close to replicating the popularity and longevity of GTAO. Simply put, guns and horse breeds and clothing won’t hold player’s interests long enough. There’s honestly only so many guns they could add, and horse breeds are such a niche thing that most people wouldn’t even care. What’s left after that, new hats and hairstyles? That won’t keep millions of players playing for 5 years. Hell, Edwardian-era cars and motorcycles probably won’t. But it will certainly help. Also gives people something to spend money on. Nobody will want to buy a dozen horses at $300 a piece. But a barn-full of status symbols like motorcycles and motorcars that cost anywhere between $500 and $5000? That’ll be something people will more happily burn money on. What will the average player want to show off more: An Arabian horse/some old cart? Or a veteran automobile festooned with brass accents and gold pinstriping?

It would also allow them to add armoured/weaponised vehicles. Which, as much as we dislike them, they are an inevitability. 

iddqdvie

that spider mech from wildwildwest made me thinking... 

steampunk items and vehicles might be a thing in the end stage of rdo (a year before gta6) 

RyuNova
4 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

They’re honestly going to have to, if they want to even come close to replicating the popularity and longevity of GTAO. Simply put, guns and horse breeds and clothing won’t hold player’s interests long enough. There’s honestly only so many guns they could add, and horse breeds are such a niche thing that most people wouldn’t even care. What’s left after that, new hats and hairstyles? That won’t keep millions of players playing for 5 years. Hell, Edwardian-era cars and motorcycles probably won’t. But it will certainly help. Also gives people something to spend money on. Nobody will want to buy a dozen horses at $300 a piece. But a barn-full of status symbols like motorcycles and motorcars that cost anywhere between $500 and $5000? That’ll be something people will more happily burn money on. What will the average player want to show off more: An Arabian horse/some old cart? Or a veteran automobile festooned with brass accents and gold pinstriping?

It would also allow them to add armoured/weaponised vehicles. Which, as much as we dislike them, they are an inevitability. 

This guy gets it. It might be years down the line but eventually we will see Cars and other vehicles. 

It would create an entire subculture in the game and fuel the "purists vs progressives" battles.

Gallows
24 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

This guy gets it. It might be years down the line but eventually we will see Cars and other vehicles. 

It would create an entire subculture in the game and fuel the "purists vs progressives" battles.

Well if you want to see a repeat of GTAO. I don’t. Some of the released content messed up the game more than it was at release. They may have other things in mind. It’s not like RDO need the cars for rockstar to make money. There is a lot they can to with coaches, wagons and such without ever including cars.

RyuNova

Well if you want to see a repeat of GTAO. I don’t. Some of the released content messed up the game more than it was at release. They may have other things in mind. It’s not like RDO need the cars for rockstar to make money. There is a lot they can to with coaches, wagons and such without ever including cars.

You are missing the point. It is not what we want, it is what Take2 wants and they want a repeat of GTAOnline and all the sweet sweet cash that came with it. The boss of Take2 has openly admitted this.

Take2 commands and R* obeys.