1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Serg14

So the cars, bikes,motorcycles is coming?

Lonely-Martin
7 hours ago, unicornace said:

It amazes me that nobody has suggested the flying, time travelling steam train from Back to the Future 3

Read up. ;)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Gah, new page.

Serg14

Good point. btw  this is the first film about cars (1896)  show how cars looks like in 1896 on the street/ also modern two wheel bikes

Edited by Serg14

Commander S

...granted, this would be something of a rarity in the US (American-style steam tractors being similar, but not quite the same), but I'd gladly accept some kind of explanation along the lines of "the local farm got some shipped over from Blighty, if you're interested":

DSC_1259.jpg

Thing is, when you do a bit of digging around, you can find all kinds of interesting and reasonably commonplace vehicles and gadgets R* could easily add to the game, without just doing like they did with GTAO and saying "screw it - let's just slap weapons on any random thing". They've already said that they expect that the game will have a slower pace than GTAO, with more room to make use of the period setting - and I'm all for that.

The day they veer into steampunk and anachronisms is the day they switch their collective brains off, because there's plenty of room to flesh out the world with period-authentic stuff, and make the whole thing only more believable as a result, not less.

Maddened_Ghost

I don't think we're gonna see any cars (I also hope we don't, it's gonna be weird to have them around in this world, doesn't matter how they are codded into the game), I also think that if they are planning to add cars in the online, we would've seen one or two in single player, now as far as my playthrough have went, I haven't seen any of that.

Don't give them an excuse to turn this game into another GTAO, the issue is not the cars themselves, it's what's beyond the cars, normal cars this update, cars with some mounted guns in the next update ...gatling guns on said cars in the update after, and then that scientist in Saint Denis might call you about some 'upgrades' that he is experimenting in the update after and there goes the online portion of this game.  yeah lets not go there.

in the early days of GTAO, the guns on the JB700 were not available online for the sake of balance, now in 2018's GTAO we have an orbital cannon that shoots from the sky and vaporizes people with a click of a button.  anyone here thinking that they're not taking that route with this game can't prove it, and while I can't prove that they're taking that route either, lets just not give them ideas.

Edited by Maddened_Ghost

vnus_dmlo

why not just add the zentorno

absolutely ridiculous suggestion cars didnt exist in this time period in this region of america 

i think more likely is penny farthing bicycle to race your friends and maybe a prototype flame thrower/etc

cool things only please rockstar

Labovasha

Yes they are "smart" enough to do it.

If you judge them by what they have done with GTAO then cars would not be too much of a stretch. Rockstar obvious does not care about game balance or at least just too incompetent to understand it.

Actually do not be too surprised if there is something akin to a WW1 tank or a air glider with a machine gun.

Microtransations opened the doors to all sorts of nonsense.

Commander S
13 hours ago, vnus_dmlo said:

absolutely ridiculous suggestion cars didnt exist in this time period in this region of america

Erm, about that...

Im021103MC-Orleans.jpg

That's an advert from the New Orleans Motor Company, from 1902 - and odds are that RDO will probably take place a few (or more) years after RDR2, which is (mostly) set in 1899. So at the very least, it'd be totally accurate for R* to let you go to Saint Denis, and buy an early car like that.

What'd be really cool would be for updates to play out more or less in real time (depending on when RDO starts, obviously) - I doubt the game will be getting updates for more than 5-6 years, so R* could easily stop before hitting 1911 (and thus the events of RDR1 - and even then, they could just have newspapers make references to all that). If they did that, they could do neat things like having new technology appear in-game similar to how things played out in real life - so 1905 could roll around, and we'd be seeing new listings on Wheeler, Rawson and Co. more like this:

Im050218Auto-Orleans.jpg

Serg14
11 hours ago, Labovasha said:

Actually do not be too surprised if there is something akin to a WW1 tank or a air glider with a machine gun.

ok people lets be fair. Cars, bikes, motorcycles, motorboats, movie theaters ,.that  mean armored super car - existed in 1899 and should be added in the game. but tanks and planes didnt exist in 1899

Edited by Serg14

Serg14

but dont get me wrong - if rockstar will pretend that 1899 is a caveman time with only horses  around (its not), ist still be a great game.

Edited by Serg14

Commander S

If they limit things to 'civilian-grade' vehicles (or maybe the odd bit of Civil War kit if they're desperate - like how there's apparently going to be a chuckwagon with a mounted gun, like in The Outlaw Josey Wales), then that'll avoid RDO winding up like GTAO.

Even when GTAO had things like the Rhino and Buzzard, the main problem (IMO) was letting players buy them - because at that point, you wind up with 'buy military-grade hardware' as one of the main end goals of the game, and eventually everyone has their own private arsenal, like they're starting their own militia, rather than being more realistic criminals.

That's only more true of Red Dead, what with the more serious tone and period setting - if everyone can wind up sitting on a small army of experimental weapons and vehicles, then that's when the game stops being a Western, and turns into ...basically nothing more than a world map, a game engine, some art assets, and a delivery system for Fresh Content™.

Labovasha

That is why I said something akin to tanks and when is the time the online will take place?

RDR2 has plenty of stuff that did not exist at that time period, like some of music did not even exist until 1914. The game dose not even take place in the real world universe so it really doesn't matter to be honest.

It is silly to argue for historical accuracy or realism in any rockstar game, they have always been far from it so I never understood why that has been the general thought in the fanbase. The physics and animations is what gives the games that grounded feeling.

The game literally has

Spoiler

vampires, ghost, sorcery, aliens and giants

. That sort of stuff is flat out fiction. So if they added some sort of steam powered a7v as DLC that would not be too ridiculous.

ArthurMorgan

Hot air balloons would be cool...

ALifeOfMisery

As long as vehicles actually reflected their real life limitations at the time I'd not be against anything period authentic being added.

Especially, on a very selfish level, bikes. An early Harley Davidson or Indian would make me a very happy boy.

r0biUB8.jpg

piPipZt.jpg

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

RyuNova
On 11/9/2018 at 10:22 PM, Mach1bud said:

I do expect them to be added into Online at some point. Idk why such the pushback from so many on these forums about cars. A few steam powered rides would fit right in for the time period.

What people want is the perfect opposite of what R* will add. I have said it before but R* has no choice, RDR2 will go the exact same way as the EXTREMELY SUCCESSFUL AND INSANELY PROFITABLE GTA Online. 

R* will add what the Buffalo Bond Whales want and what they want is more zoom zoom zoom and bang bang bang, its not going to be a Cowboy/Outlaw Gang Simulator for you and your fiends. Its going to be GTA Online with a Cowboy skin where yo grind and crawl to the next update only to have all your weeks of hard work made redundant when you log on and some squeaky balled sh*t poker is already riding around on his armoured bull pulling a Stagecoach with twin Maxim Guns.

Lock n' Stock

Not sure if trolling or actually being serious.

Pressure Drop

I have literally no idea why people would want cars added to this game. Let's just imagine for a second that they did add cars. What do you think the top speed of them would be? 5mph? It would be much faster to ride the horse, which can also jump over and navigate obstacles better than a car would. Hell, it would probably be faster to run. This game does not need cars adding, especially with what Rock* did to GTA Online, which is now ruined. I would much rather see things like a penny farthing added. Cars are irrelevant to this game, especially if they come with jet thrusters and homing missiles.

Mach1bud
4 minutes ago, Pressure Drop said:

I have literally no idea why people would want cars added to this game. Let's just imagine for a second that they did add cars. What do you think the top speed of them would be? 5mph? It would be much faster to ride the horse, which can also jump over and navigate obstacles better than a car would. Hell, it would probably be faster to run. This game does not need cars adding, especially with what Rock* did to GTA Online, which is now ruined. I would much rather see things like a penny farthing added. Cars are irrelevant to this game, especially if they come with jet thrusters and homing missiles.

Because they would be cool.

Not everything has to be useful.

ALifeOfMisery
30 minutes ago, Pressure Drop said:

Part of why I'm ok with early production cars and motorcycles being added is because, as you correctly point out, they're all but useless.

They are so limited it terms of speed, maneuverability, durability and general usefulness that they are completely unthreatening. In fact, more often than not, players using a car would be at a disadvantage when facing off against another player who was on horseback.

Cars and bikes would just be toys, something with a cool factor for those who are interested in vehicles from that period of time. I love bikes, so being able to own something similar to one of the first production models in a game I really enjoy would be great. I'll never have the kind of money to even sit on one irl, sometimes I have to make do with living vicariously.

What would concern me far more than the limited, period accurate civilian vehicles being talked about being added to RDO would be the aggressive implementation of weaponized vehicles or weaponry like we've seen in GTAO. 

Smokewood
9 hours ago, RyuNova said:

What people want is the perfect opposite of what R* will add. I have said it before but R* has no choice, RDR2 will go the exact same way as the EXTREMELY SUCCESSFUL AND INSANELY PROFITABLE GTA Online. 

R* will add what the Buffalo Bond Whales want and what they want is more zoom zoom zoom and bang bang bang, its not going to be a Cowboy/Outlaw Gang Simulator for you and your fiends. Its going to be GTA Online with a Cowboy skin where yo grind and crawl to the next update only to have all your weeks of hard work made redundant when you log on and some squeaky balled sh*t poker is already riding around on his armoured bull pulling a Stagecoach with twin Maxim Guns.

I understand what you are saying, but I hope you are dead wrong.

They already have a franchise for all that.....just make GTA 6 if you have to...

Why not have a polar opposite experience to round out your companies offerings?

You know, something for everyone!  That's what I would do.

RyuNova
7 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

I understand what you are saying, but I hope you are dead wrong.

They already have a franchise for all that.....just make GTA 6 if you have to...

Why not have a polar opposite experience to round out your companies offerings?

You know, something for everyone!  That's what I would do.

With all due respect we know what we want and I am in the same boat as you, I want my RDOnline as a laid back Wild West game to play with my friends but sadly we don't decide that. The suits at Take2 decide that and all they see is the billions of dollars that GTAV and Online have made them.

Edited by RyuNova

Faceplant8

I don't know about anybody else, but I have a hard enough time trying to maneuver around the trolley cars, wagons, and horses in the city without bumping into a pedestrian, starting a riot and landing myself a $400 bounty. I can't imagine a car being very useful there. 🙂

Smokewood
Just now, RyuNova said:

With all due respect we know what we want and I am in the same boat as you, I want my RDOnline as a laid back Wild West game but sadly we don't decide that. The suits at Take2 decide that and all they see is the billions of dollars that GTAV and Online have made them.

True, they do see that, however maybe someone over there has the forethought to understand that the target audience is not the same.

For example:

If they do to this game the same as they did to GTAO, who is going to play RDO? The people who are currently playing GTAO?? If so, that game will suffer from a shrinking playbase and less shark card purchases -  and in the end they would be in the same spot if they just kept those players on that game and did something different with this one in an attempt to have us all..... 

Right?

If they make this game "laid back" and keep GTAO as their "balls to the walls" game, I would probably keep playing both.

However if they switch RDO to also be a balls to the walls game, I'll just stick with GTAO (where the setting fits) and just play RDR2 story mode from time to time.

MostlyPonies

You guys underestimate Rockstar if you think they'll stop with period-era cars. Three to five years from now, we'll have a Jules Verne DLC. Flying cars, zeppelin warships, and even space rockets.

RyuNova
3 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

True, they do see that, however maybe someone over there has the forethought to understand that the target audience is not the same.

For example:

If they do to this game the same as they did to GTAO, who is going to play RDO? The people who are currently playing GTAO?? If so, that game will suffer from a shrinking playbase and less shark card purchases -  and in the end they would be in the same spot if they just kept those players on that game and did something different with this one in an attempt to have us all.....  

Right?

If they make this game "laid back" and keep GTAO as their "balls to the walls" game, I would probably keep playing both.

However if they switch RDO to also be a balls to the walls game, I'll just stick with GTAO (where the setting fits) and just play RDR2 story mode from time to time.

I doubt we will see flying cars and other stuff but I am certain we will see stuff like Cars eventually.

HockeyMike24
2 hours ago, RyuNova said:

I doubt we will see flying cars and other stuff but I am certain we will see stuff like Cars eventually.

Yeah, and when GTA Online first launched I'm sure someone said "I doubt we will see flying Deloreans firing missiles in the skies" but here we are lol

RyuNova
7 hours ago, HockeyMike24 said:

Yeah, and when GTA Online first launched I'm sure someone said "I doubt we will see flying Deloreans firing missiles in the skies" but here we are lol

GTA has always had stuff like that from GTA2. RDR is a different breed and hopefully has some limits to what they will add.

R*Phenomenon

Nice and all.. and i hope they leave cars out or have a rare one or 2.. but everybody seems to forget it took another half century before there was a car faster than a horse.. So why even bother about cars with a maximum speed u could keep up with running on foot??

Edited by R*Phenomenon

Smokewood
29 minutes ago, R*Phenomenon said:

Nice and all.. and i hope they leave cars out or have a rare one or 2.. but everybody seems to forget it took another half century before there was a car faster than a horse.. So why even bother about cars with a maximum speed u could keep up with running on foot??

Because without a car, you cannot be a Pusssy-Cat

ALifeOfMisery
2 hours ago, R*Phenomenon said:

It's less about speed or practicality and more about having a cool collectors item.

I want to put on some fancy dress clothes, put some pomade in my hair, trim my beard just right and roll around Saint Denis in something like this. 

N1afKso.jpg

IsLSPQI.jpg

The car meets would be epic.