2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

IamCourtney

Lone Wolf or Posse'd Up, How Will You Play RDRO?

Your preference(s)?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Pick any which apply

• Pure Lone Wolf
    • Temporary team-ups
    • Small group of Friends/Crew
    • Large Crew
    • Other

IamCourtney

Red Dead Online is a big place. Plenty of space to go be left alone. Plenty of cozy spots to share with a few friends. Plenty of room for a small army to roam. How do you plan to be social in RDRO, if you plan to be social at all? Do you plan to try playing a way you haven't before in similar games?

Personally, I was a mostly lone wolf for my GTAO career (played since day 1) and it suited me. I would team up when required and make a random friend for a session or two but mostly it was me against the world, and I just did fine. Earlier this year though, a coworker picked up GTAV and started to play Online, so I began to spend a good portion of my time in a duo with a sort of teacher/student dynamic. It's a significantly different experience, and I enjoy it, though I still like playing alone as well. I'll be playing with this guy plus another RL friend who sat GTAO out but plans to at least try RDRO, and I'm looking forward to going through the early stages of the game with others. By the time I started playing GTAO this way I was so far ahead and knew the game so well that I was more of a guide/leader than a fellow traveler, so I'm looking forward to starting on the same page with these guys this time.

Edited by IamCourtney

djb204

It depends. If my friends play online I’ll posse up with them. If not then I’ll play alone. I might link up with randoms, that depends on a few things.....

- Their age.

- Their maturity.

- Their play style.

- Their goals/intentions.

- Their attitude towards me and others.

I ain’t gonna link up with some immature kids looking to grieve others. I ain’t gonna link up with others using exploits or glitches. 

Edited by djb204

R3CON

I have a number of real-life friends, family and co-workers who bought the game. Basically everyone I know who plays videogames bought Red Dead Redemption...and loves it...and we're all hype to get on and join each other. Friends I've made in GTA, former crewmates like those from PBMO and other tight-knit social groups I'm a part of (thanks to GTA) have also bought the game and we all intend to link up and start anew when this game's Online starts up too. So it won't be hard to find people to join and I'm honestly quite excited for it. 

When I played GTA Online I enjoyed befriending randoms and helping them on various missions, heists and other collaborative PvE work and I'm hoping I can do the same with this game as well. I enjoy the multiplayer aspect and seeing how others experience the same game and what their strategies are. Sure there will undoubtedly be strife and conflict, but good vibes go a long way and I'm looking forward to helping those I come across and vice versa. 

Should the griefers try to bring Red Dead into the mud, I'm hoping players can band together - similar to crew/group controlled public sessions in GTA Online - and force out the riff raff or work together to maintain the peace. 

Edited by R3CON

Shadowfennekin

I'm going for the achievements(Hope people on Xbox want to actually farm it so I don't have to actually be MVP) then I'm playing how I want to play, solo and only posse-ing up with people who are 'roleplaying' like me.

ALifeOfMisery

I'll be solo when not playing with players from here. Because f*ck attempting whatever PvE RDO has to offer with randoms.

Deliver EMP with randoms nearly gave me a stroke more than once.

Genuinely looking forward to teaming up with fellow forumers in RDO.

tonko

I'm gonna play with my friend, that's it. He's a cool feller, you guys might meet him in Valentine's saloon. 

32zrt54.jpg

The FoolYT

I was once against the idea of teaming with people i don't know but i had one of the most funnest experiences in the first Red Dead. To put it short, me and my mate went to Las Hermanas and another posse of two came after us and attacked us. They started inviting other people in the session to their posse and we did the same. We ended up both with a posse of 8 each and we didn't have to say much and all the randoms in my posse listened so it was a full out war. I remember holding inside Las Hermanas and hearing gunshots all around.

Another time me and my mate invited a guy we were killing to our posse to help us against a posse of 4, once the 4 retreated, we executed the guy with us and ran away lol

But yea, overall, I'm certainly not against the idea of teaming with randoms or anything like that. GTA wasn't too great as due to vehicles like jets and such which ruined the experience but I think this games online would suit it.

Lonely-Martin

I like my alobe time, but also the variables too. And i want to embrace the PvP more, but will see how that goes.

I hope, like GTA, to really mix it up, and ideally add good forum gamers or those I meet online that share a similar approach. Comfy alone, but more than keen to co-op too.

ALifeOfMisery
3 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I like my alobe time, but also the variables too. And i want to embrace the PvP more, but will see how that goes.

I hope, like GTA, to really mix it up, and ideally add good forum gamers or those I meet online that share a similar approach. Comfy alone, but more than keen to co-op too.

I like my alone time in game too, as anyone from the GTAO section will know. 

What I'm actually looking forward to with RDO is that in GTAO my main reasons to be alone was to grind money and avoid toxic players but in RDO it will be to relax and have fun, hunt, fish, craft, explore etc.

I really, really hope R* deliver on proper PvE lobbies in RDO though. All content available in all lobby types, as far as it can be. 

cadashka

Since i don't have any IRL friends playing GTA Online, i was playing as a solo player for a long time, up until i've had enough of being surrounded by griefers all the day. Later on, i've created a crew called FPGL with the goal to be able to play the missions and heists, R* added to the multiplayer experience without the constant hostile environment around me. It's basically a GTA Grinding Crew. For me personally, it was a game changer, as the game turned it a real fun zone after that. Having a larger group of people around who are willing to get the mission done instead of randomly messing around, is much better then running solo. Try running a heist or large sale with random players in GTA. Most of the time it is frustrating. Same with races.

We are currently sitting in and wait for RDR Online to finally come out and once that happens we will grind it. If you're looking for a place to join, you're free to do that. Just sign up at: https://www.fpgl-crew.org and join our Discord.

Edited by cadashka

SeniorDerp

I'll lone wolf for about an hour. Run into some jackass that follows you around shooting you. Go into a private session. Play for a couple weeks then never play again. Same as I did with GTAO

Dr.Rosenthal

I've been a lone wolf for years on GTAO, with occasional team-ups of course. But since a year back or so, I've been part of a small crew, where me and my buddy have played together almost daily, the others come and go.

There are 4 of us at the moment who will try out RDO from the start. I suspect one of them will prefer GTAO still, and another one will probably be less frequent - but me and my buddy will probably do a LOT of playing together.

I agree that it's fun to start something new together, and have friends with us from the get go. Just learning to make sense of the world and every surrounding but together with someone else... I'm really looking forward to that and I hope that RDO is filled with plenty of stuff to do.

HockeyMike24

Small group. Hopefully PvE lobbies are a thing. I can't believe how excited I am to go on a virtual fishing trip with my friends. 

xMotivee

Someone mentioned earlier that they did not want to be friends with anyone that was going to be glitching and stuff and I think the funny thing about that with my situation is that one of my friends that I have been friends with for years on Xbox, met me on GTAO because we were doing car duplication glitches.  He still plays it religiously to this day but with me not having quite as much time now that I am in college, I was not able to keep up.  So in a nutshell I am really excited to see what this online mode has to offer because I know that without a doubt I will put in a ton of time.  I have not played games much for the past couple of years, and literally a week after RDR2 came out I had logged 2 Days, 19 Hours, and 55 Minutes.  So yea, safe to say I am going to be all out again, but part of that is because despite the crap R* has done here recently with the DLCs on GTAO, they will always be my absolute favorite company.....really just hoping that I will be able to hunt online with my friends because that is without a doubt what I would really like to be doing with most of my time, rather than steadily grinding Homestead Rumble to get my $250k Arabian Adder.

19 hours ago, tonko said:

I'm gonna play with my friend, that's it. He's a cool feller, you guys might meet him in Valentine's saloon. 

32zrt54.jpg

On a side note, this was without a doubt my absolute favorite reply on this thread lol

We Are Ninja

The majority of my GTA squad bought Red Dead, so I'll likely be hanging out with the same 5 or so people I played with in GTA... Lone-wolfing it feels natural and exciting, but GTA taught me that it pays to have friends in a R* sandbox. Gonna be difficult to rob a bank/pull a heist solo. Same with some of the free-roam activities. And, should you earn the ire of a group/gang of hostile players, a few extra guns wouldn't hurt. We all know how much R* likes, no, LOVES, to incite wholly unbalanced PvP confrontation...

Edited by We Are Ninja

Rykjeklut

Haven't got any friends, and I don't like people, so that's easy.

Alex Francisco
3 hours ago, Rykjeklut said:

Haven't got any friends, and I don't like people, so that's easy.

Følern!

I think the game will appeal more to solo gamers this time around. GTAO did not have much to offer in the end.

Rykjeklut
1 hour ago, Alex Francisco said:

Følern!

I think the game will appeal more to solo gamers this time around. GTAO did not have much to offer in the end.

Lets hope you're right. GTAO started out good tho.

Jabalous

Lone Wolf in free roam, random team-ups in structured gang shootouts and co-op missions. 

Edited by Jabalous

Mister Pinkerton

If enjoy RDO I'm hoping to meet a regular crew of people. However, I don't have regular friends or IRL friends to play on XBL, most others are on PS4. 

If I am to meet some people to play online with, I just look for: 

- People that are mature

- Likes fun but not to the point it ruins other people's experience

- Likes co-op

- Is the type to make a character to fit into the role..  - you know, isn't the type to dress like a clown with a pink gun. 

- Doesn't have to be talking non-stop on the mic - keep it casual and chatty but not too crazy about it. 

I know, I probably have too many "requirements." There's one or two sound member on here that I hope to play with and anyone else on my friend's list is that's willing to have me, I'll have a go. 

confederatestatesgta

i want to have a crew. or some friends. but not many people like me. they hear one sentence of my voice and they insult me. so unless i meet nice people im probably gonna be lone wolf.

PwnageSoldier

I want to run this country with a large ass Western style military crew. Lol, I'd love seeing a bunch of ppl in modified US Army outfits shooting players on sight and protecting the NPC peace lmao... We'll have to see what RDR2 Online is like in the first place though.

Alex Francisco
On 11/12/2018 at 5:19 AM, confederatestatesgta said:

i want to have a crew. or some friends. but not many people like me. they hear one sentence of my voice and they insult me. so unless i meet nice people im probably gonna be lone wolf.

What's so wrong about your voice?

confederatestatesgta
13 minutes ago, Alex Francisco said:

What's so wrong about your voice?

its higher pitched so people think im a kid even though im not.

Hmmm nice bike

I'd definitely be in a crew of friends. I do the same with GTA Online, because outside of them I've mostly just run into assholes who are hellbent on showing you what their fighter jets and railguns can do. I dunno why, but I feel like it was easier to make random friends on GTA IV and RDR1's multiplayer.

DentureDynamite

I suspect how Rockstar chooses to reduce space in RDRO will determine a lot of this.

I'll be very surprised if players aren't visible at all times (except for using things like "scent covering lotion").

But at least the map is much bigger, and even if they introduce cars at some point, the terrain is far more difficult to traverse than GTA Online ever was (excluding Mt. Chiliad, Mount Gordo, etc.).

Without any modern aircraft to worry about, the biggest ongoing threat will likely be snipers and glitchers/cheaters.

All of this is fragile though; as the months go by, and Take Two/Rockstar run out of time-relevant, logical content to sell via microtransactions, you can bet things are going to devolve.

The biggest concern is that Rockstar still doesn't give a rip about game play balance. They have yet to prove me wrong.

Edited by DentureDynamite

h1r0ll3r
On 11/8/2018 at 2:44 AM, ALifeOfMisery said:

Deliver EMP with randoms nearly gave me a stroke more than once.

LOL. The one mission/heist where you had to steal jets off the carrier. That one I'll never do with randoms ever again. 

ALifeOfMisery
1 minute ago, h1r0ll3r said:

LOL. The one mission/heist where you had to steal jets off the carrier. That one I'll never do with randoms ever again. 

That whole heist was rage inducing with randoms. I lost track of my Xanax consumption.

Spydr Webz

Red Dead is all my roommates and I have been playing for the past few weeks, so when Online comes out we'll finally be able to team up. Can't wait. Just hope it doesn't get stale like GTA V did for me.

lann3fors

I will play with the same mix of friendly guys and girls that I have been playing GTV with for the last five years, and of course anyone who want to join in. Cant wait to explore online!