3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ayesha

How did your main horse die?

roe

Well my second horse just died.  Sunburn was his name.  Tried to help a fella get his wagon back, and while retrieving it from the gang that stole it, one of them shot him, he fell to the ground in pain, and I had to put him out of his misery.  RIP buddy.

Sentinel Driver

After riding my horse a bit too carelessly off of cliffs and into trees early on in to the game I learned the hard way that it's important to keep your horse in good health

I always keep horse medicine on me and I'd rather reload a save than watch my horse die

I just bought a new horse, this one

because apparently it is the fastest

looks good and unique too

https://www.gtabase.com/red-dead-redemption-2/horses/silver-dapple-pinto-missouri-fox-trotter

Edited by Sentinel Driver

Coranub

Penis Pete met his unfortunate demise after tumbling down steep ravine. 🤠

Satanta

Only 'Lost' one, early on around Vekentine when I was still learning the controls and did not use the rein button-we bothn wandered into the side of a moving trains and went ~splooey!~.

Otherwise a few close calls but I carry the max of Horse Revivers and Horse Meds just in case.

In circumstances where there are four or less I do little circles and figure eights while I shoot from horseback.  If they are more i find either a downslope to bushwack them as they come over the rise or a long rise with one way up sso I can rifle them as they head up the slope with little danger to self or horse.

Bakkerbaard

Always been very careful with my girl Molly. She's a big sturdy Ardennes war-horse, but she still gets a slap and a "git!" when the fighting starts.

She wasn't very good running in the woods at night though. Pretty much the only thing that could stop her in her tracks was the tree neither of us saw. Nothing that a brush and a biscuit couldn't solve though, untill...

Spoiler

Arthur's last stand. That was... I was right there with Arthur, sending her off. I did not enjoy that.

Then it took me several stable visits with John to find out the special edition war-horse is only handed out in Valentine, so I had kinda just settled for "Rachel The Unrenamable". Took rachel up north to get the white Arabian that now became my Hootenanny. Visited the Valentine stables after than, so I had her already when I found out Molly's brother was there. Soon as I reach level 4 with Hootenanny I'm gonna raise Reginald in Molly's image.

Rykjeklut

Lawrence met an untimely end towards the end of the story. The only time.my horse died.

?!=+_-

My beautiful big black Shire that I used for most of the game sadly passed away in a chapter 6 mission. Then I bought a small black Arabian that I used for a bit but kept crashing into trees and was annoying so just yesterday I cooked it up in tall trees.

Bakkerbaard
1 hour ago, ?!=+_- said:

My beautiful big black Shire that I used for most of the game sadly passed away in a chapter 6 mission. Then I bought a small black Arabian that I used for a bit but kept crashing into trees and was annoying so just yesterday I cooked it up in tall trees.

The cowboy way: If you can't ride it, eat it.

Stewys9

I killed it bc the mf wouldn't walk up a tiny ass hill. 

Fennimoe

I came close once, trying to outrun a train in first person mode...

However, all 4 of my horses are alive and well. 

h1r0ll3r

Found out the hard way not to use cinematic mode when you have bounties on you. Went to grab a drink and heard gunshots. Ran back only find my genius horse had stopped at a road block the bounty hunters had setup.....just standing there getting shot to pieces along with me. I managed to get off the horse and run to cover but the horse was already down and needed reviving. Killed a couple bounty hunters before biting it. Came to and my horse was gone :(

MadHaTT3R

It was taken by the game and replaced with a trash horse. Then my next horse. I was playing with my cousin and while he was standing next to his horse it vanished and left his saddle laying there. 

Thorson87

Doing the gunslinger mission, went and helped out Black Belle. As I was leaving after completing the mission I saw some guy hanging from a tree. Stopped to have a look and got attacked by a group. Managed to kill them all but walked over to my White Arabian to find her dead. Was so annoyed.

Luckily they respawn up at Lake Isabelle so found another horse and made the trip up there.

After it took me 20 minutes to catch and break in the first one this one I had within 2 minutes of sighting it. 

My main horse, Lucy, thoroughbred dappled black, didn't die. Just like any other horse I used or bonded with, except for the end mission one, a Turkoman which I was still bonding with. 

Got caught up in the ending missions so bad, I never took the chance to go back to my usual main horse and ride out to finish the story with her. 

She was near the postoffice in Annesburg, where she spawned together with my saddled horse, after a mission ended there. 

Fennimoe

On another note, I am constantly making my own save files... So, if I were to have a horse die, I would absolutely load my last save. 

#realism

Edited by Fennimoe

Coranub

After loosing Penis Pete, i always carry 20 horse revisers, 30-50 of Health & stam tonic for the horse ( When im going somewhere, i spam the X button while injecting my horse with stam tonics. ) 🤠

The Queenslayer

Only lost Targaryen (my silver-haired white Arabian) when.....well story related