3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

djb204

Online Property Ideas?

djb204

What types of purchasable properties would you like available to players in Red Dead Online?

We know horses and wagons/stagecoaches will be in the game. Maybe even camp sites too.

I’d like to see different campsite options, maybe a trapper campsite with furs and meat hanging around. Maybe a tipi (teepee) with Native American items around.

I’d like to see cabins and ranches available for purchase.

I’d like to see boats and canoes available for purchase, upgrading/customization.

I’d like to be able to purchase my own business, saloon, brothel, etc.

I’d like to be able to buy big boats/ships similar to the mission where we enter the poker tournament. (Similar to yachts in GTA)

Our own train?

Gang hideouts (similar to biker clubs in GTA)

IamCourtney

If I can't set up a still, brew booze from ingredients of my own choice and sell bootleg liquor I will be sorely disappointed.

Edited by IamCourtney

Rocket-74

Gang Hideouts would be awesome, but they should belong to the crew as a whole rather than just an individual member, kind of like Guild Houses.

Shadowfennekin

Not a canoe, but I really hope we can buy and own our own steam boat!

Having our own train would be cool too.... but it'd be a bit hard to work if everybody and their dog owned one like with yachts in GTA Online, where Vespucci is a 'no fly zone'

Lonely-Martin

Where to begin, lol. So much could.

A personal camp that we can upgrade and stuff for use out and about in the wilderness.

A large camp/spot/hideout where a crew/posse can all hang out. (Poker/food/dancing etc).

And all sorts of ventures too. Bars, saloons, bathhouses, anything. Farms, stables, and ranches would be cool too. Really, anything's possible here. Fishing/hunting shacks, a cabin in the woods, hell, a bloody treehouse even, lol. There's so much we could see I feel. Even a big boat for activities, though it'll be like the yacht. Expensive and unmoveable aside certain locations.

1 hour ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Not a canoe, but I really hope we can buy and own our own steam boat!

Yeah, after reading how much joy a trip from Paleto Bay to the city gives you, you're gonna need that fast travel from RDR last, lol. :)

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Mikovitch

There is a Gypsy Caravan at the Reservation. I wouldn't mind one of those. Not in an "M.O.C" way, just a fancier camp that I can haul around.

Other than that, maybe just a room in a Hotel. Nice and simple.

MostlyPonies

As long as I can get a decent room with a bed and furniture instead of a cot in a tent or shack, that's fine. I'd like a nice little cabin in the woods. But I wouldn't mind having a big house in Saint Denis as well.

roggek

I would like to buy Braithwaite Manor as an very expensive property, and maybe furnish it myself 🙄

Spoiler

...and have Catherine Braitwaiths bad spirit "haunting" the house...:panic:

Edited by roggek
typo

Pocket Fox

Stables please. Not little 4 pony stable, but like a good 12 horse stable.

And let me mix my horses and dabble in husbandry to create new breeds.

Sootyjared

The abandoned mill near where the legendary coyote is, please.

Gallows
On 11/6/2018 at 6:07 PM, IamCourtney said:

If I can't set up a still, brew booze from ingredients of my own choice and sell bootleg liquor I will be sorely disappointed.

It would be great if players could sell tonics and such and that would limit the supply. I don’t know how they would balance the economy seeing as it isn’t an MMO, with a persostent world, but it’s a very interresting idea.

Shadowfennekin

In the Epilogue I've been going and revisiting houses as I pass them as everything(Even that gold bar at the sheriff's place) got restocked

And I've noticed some unfamiliar houses that are just completely empty inside.... like nothing at all.

And there's for sale signs out front.

I think those might be houses we can buy. Perhaps Online will be set during the Epilogue so everything's been built to completion 

Commander S

I'm just hoping that the various camp themes have enough variety - I don't want the only cosmetic 'upgrades' to be animal skulls... :dontgetit:

Something like a parked wagon would be good - or even better, a little wooden shack/cabin kind of thing. There's a couple of NPC camps like that in single-player - and it's not like we're going to be a gang of wanted outlaws, constantly on the run, so more permanent structures aren't unreasonable things to ask for, IMO.

What might be really cool would be to use wagons/carriages as mobile accommodation/storage - park it outside a larger settlement, set that as a spawn point when joining the game, and have full access to weapons/outfits/gear (but not all campsite features, obviously), compared to the limited space on your saddle. Considering how big the map is, and how slow it is to get from A to B, it wouldn't hurt having a mobile 'second home', rather than having to traipse all over the shop every single time.

Shadowfennekin

That random building made in Valentine that you can't enter just screams Online tbh

Maybe that'll be a business

tonko

I want just my ranch. That's it.

MostlyPonies
On 11/10/2018 at 6:48 PM, Shadowfennekin said:

In the Epilogue I've been going and revisiting houses as I pass them as everything(Even that gold bar at the sheriff's place) got restocked

And I've noticed some unfamiliar houses that are just completely empty inside.... like nothing at all.

I think those might be houses we can buy. Perhaps Online will be set during the Epilogue so everything's been built to completion 

There are apartments for rent in Strawberry that you can't actually rent.

Faceplant8

I want to actually be able to have a ranch where I can raise sheep and/or cattle and really herd them to/from market. We should also be able to herd them to our ranch if we "find" some "just roaming around" in the wilderness, just like we "found" them in story mode.

djb204
3 hours ago, Faceplant8 said:

I want to actually be able to have a ranch where I can raise sheep and/or cattle and really herd them to/from market. We should also be able to herd them to our ranch if we "find" some "just roaming around" in the wilderness, just like we "found" them in story mode.

That would awesome. Having to deal with coyotes, wolves, cattle rustlers, etc would be cool too.

HockeyMike24

End game spoilers

I hope we can buy houses from a catalogue and get the materials and build the house ourselves with missions, or pay to have it built. Like John does with his house and barn. The minute I seen that I thought it could be a real possibility for online.

djb204
8 minutes ago, HockeyMike24 said:

End game spoilers

Hide contents

I hope we can buy houses from a catalogue and get the materials and build the house ourselves with missions, or pay to have it built. Like John does with his house and barn. The minute I seen that I thought it could be a real possibility for online.

I thought the exact same thing. I sure hope it’s a feature. I also hope we have alternative options for those who want to play a Native American role. I want to be a Native American Warrior, NOT a Native American Rancher LMAO

Gallows

I’d like to be able to invest in farms, ranches, coach companies, hunting lodges, train stations, saloons and every other thing in the game. You can then do different things, like missions for the businesses, do chores etc to get some profit.

ALifeOfMisery
8 hours ago, HockeyMike24 said:

End game spoilers

Hide contents

I hadn't even considered this. I like the idea though. 

If it did happen it would be interesting to see how it is implemented. Would there be set locations? How would the game handle numerous players in each lobby having properties, probably of differing appearance, at the same location?

Gallows
On 11/11/2018 at 12:48 AM, Shadowfennekin said:

I very much hope online is earlier. Would make sense in terms of it being a slightly wilder West.