1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Is there a fix underway for the bounty system?

weewoozesty

It is no secret that the bounty/wanted system in game is broken.  

I am going to use a few examples, in St Denis, I am in the back alley being robbed, a lawman is actually standing near by to hear the gun shots.  And does nothing, if this was GTA V, the police would actually come to your aid in this situation.  Instead, as soon as I return fire to "defend my self" I get wanted for murder and have to fight an entire town of f*cking lawmen.

Next example, In Valentine, an O' Driscoll starts to open fire at me and hits me 4 freakin times.  I am right outside of the lawmen office.  They just stand there and watch it happen.  As soon as I return fire I get wanted and killed.  

Another example, I am in the middle of nowhere robbing a wagon, no lawmen in sight, a witness comes by and sees the crime.  He only runs 10 feet away and the crime is reported.  I saw, there was no lawmen there.

This system is very obviously broken and is in need of a fix, The Lawmen are psychic, The Civilians are Psychic and apparently can see through solid walls, Self Defense doesn't exist.

And to add insult to injury, when I finish a bar fight because I randomly get attacked, I get a "move along" and am leaving, all of a sudden 3 seconds later the cops open fire at me.

Fix this system, this is game breaking and simply makes the game boring since as soon as you try to have any kind of fun, the lawmen come out of nowhere and bounties fly left right and center.

Now, before anybody goes and says "Use a mask" Masks make no difference, I tested this extensively for a straight week.  Changed masks, changed clothes, changed horses even with a horse I had near by and still got identified by police somehow.

This needs a patch, as later in the game it makes some missions nearly impossible and I feel like this is game breaking.

Why is a patch needed? 

You are an "outlaw" so why should the lawmen help you?
Just fight back and take the consequences...

If you shoiot an O'Driscoll nothing is gonna happen to you as long you do'nt interfere with the body (rob or pick up).

And the witness is easily threatened to be silent…
I prefer the lasso and hogtie them...

In bar fights, the goal is to knock out the oppnent, not kill them...

And if you get "WANTED" just leave the red area as quickly as possible...

You may be better to use the intended game mechanics and the "possibilities" as your weapon arsenal...

Seems that you use too much violence as your game style...

Edited by roggek

If you shoot an O'Driscoll in self defense you get a bounty for Murder. That's intended behavior but it doesn't mean it's acceptable. The Mask does not work as you'd expect it to. All it does is delay civilian ID of you. The second a lawman sees you, regardless of what you look like, they'll know you're Arthur Morgan, thus granting you a bounty. 

A Bounty which you cannot get rid of unless you pay for it yourself. What.

3 hours ago, Evenesque said:

If you shoot an O'Driscoll in self defense you get a bounty for Murder. That's intended behavior but it doesn't mean it's acceptable. The Mask does not work as you'd expect it to. All it does is delay civilian ID of you. The second a lawman sees you, regardless of what you look like, they'll know you're Arthur Morgan, thus granting you a bounty. 

A Bounty which you cannot get rid of unless you pay for it yourself. What.

I have shot several "O'Driscolls" in Valentine without neither a bounty or a wanted level for murder.
Strange…
Maybe the "one day patch" isn't applied for you?

And you can always "surrender" a bounty and get thrown in jail, by standing still unarmed and press "Y" or triangle...

Edited by roggek

Those dont quite justify the issue.  The issue is not me being an outlaw. The issue is civilians being psychic, having x-ray vision, lawmen ignoring crime while punishing me for defending my self. 

I was forced to defend my self in a fist fight that happened out of the blue.  Never provoked the guy.  Just attacks while im near a lawman.  Lawman does nothing. 

I block the guys punch and defend my self and I am imediately shot at by lawmen, i have no bounty on me prior and have maximum honor. 

The bounty system is broken.  The witness system is broken.  Unless you want to justify citizens having xray vision.  Dont even get me started about St Denis.  I get robbed, chase the guy down to get my cash back and get shot at by lawmen. I kill an O Driscol in Rhodes, stash the body in a empty room. 

Citizens went witness after looking at the body through solid wall, walk 5 feet and report crime to thin air. Lawmen swarm the place. 

I have never actually killed anybody to obtain most of these bounties. 

Edited by weewoozesty

The lawmen in Valentine taking the O'Driscoll's side actually makes sense if you rob a certain store... Other than that I agree with you about the bounty system.

The lawmen shouldn't open fire on the player if they are acting on self defense, if anything they could give the player a warning on taking matters into their own hands.

With the current bounty system, I see no point in robbing people at all considering the amount you get from stealing is nothing compared to the bounty you receive when the lawmen get involved. The only time crime pays in this game is through the story missions it seems.