Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Grotti Vigilante

YouTube Spoilers: Whose at Fault?

After reading the original post, who do you think is at fault?  

53 members have voted

  1. 1. After reading the original post, who do you think is at fault?

    • The uploaders of the YouTube video.
      28
    • The users searching for YouTube videos.
      8
    • Both of them are at fault to an extent.
      17
    • I'm not really sure.
      0


Recommended Posts

Lonely-Martin
11 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

 

That literally doesn't answer my question but okay

Then you can't read.

 

As I said, and others. Your internet history knows what we do. One glance at anything related, cookies take over. 

 

It's quite clear dude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
2 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Then you can't read.

 

As I said, and others. Your internet history knows what we do. One glance at anything related, cookies take over. 

 

It's quite clear dude. 

 

Then you could've at least made an attempt to answer the original question in any way that wasn't sarcasm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, universetwisters said:

 

Then you could've at least made an attempt to answer the original question in any way that wasn't sarcasm

Been answered by more than just me, re-read the thread.

 

Enjoy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
Just now, Lonely-Martin said:

Been answered by more than just me, re-read the thread.

 

Enjoy :)

 

I mean if you wanna blame the internet algorithms and then act sarcastic about it that's fine but I still think that a lot of the responsibility is on the player who doesn't wish to encounter spoilers to refrain from looking up anything about the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, universetwisters said:

I mean if you wanna blame the internet algorithms and then act sarcastic about it that's fine but I still think that a lot of the responsibility is on the player who doesn't wish to encounter spoilers to refrain from looking up anything about the game.

And I think otherwise, as clearly cookies do exactly as I said. Every site comes with warning on these too, lol. 

 

All opinion dude. But many offered their reasons and you refuse to even acknowledge their opinion, hence the cynical reply. Fell completely on deaf ears as it would be.

 

Some can't avoid the internet for many reasons and you completely ignored that. So sarcasm it is if you don't wish to read and discuss. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
15 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

And I think otherwise, as clearly cookies do exactly as I said. Every site comes with warning on these too, lol. 

 

All opinion dude. But many offered their reasons and you refuse to even acknowledge their opinion, hence the cynical reply. Fell completely on deaf ears as it would be.

 

Some can't avoid the internet for many reasons and you completely ignored that. So sarcasm it is if you don't wish to read and discuss. :)

 

I acknowledge their opinion, I just think they're fools for looking up anything related to the game before they finish it, spoilers or otherwise. Like I said before, what could you be possibly looking up about the game when you haven't finished it yet that isn't a spoiler, other than what you mentioned earlier, trailers.

Edited by universetwisters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
18 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

 

I acknowledge their opinion, I just think they're fools for looking up anything related to the game before they finish it, spoilers or otherwise. Like I said before, what could you be possibly looking up about the game when you haven't finished it yet that isn't a spoiler, other than what you mentioned earlier, trailers.

Again you fail yourself here dude.

 

As explained, just watching a GTA video is enough, lol.

 

Literally zero RDR2 info there, yet because it's made by the same company, cookies does the rest. 

 

Anyway, moving on. Pointless bickering now. Peace out.

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Autospell fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King Vercetti
1 hour ago, universetwisters said:

 

But then comes the question; why are you looking up Red Dead videos before the game is even finished? If you're looking up walkthroughs, you're spoiling the challenge of doing it yourself. If you're looking up where to find gold, you're spoiling the challenge of, again, exploring yourself and finding it. Either way you're spoiling the game for yourself before you finish it, plotwise or otherwise.

 

I'm sorry, but I'm very confused about what you mean, because I explicitly said I haven't looked up any videos about RDR 2 in at least a year, if not longer. And that includes trailers, as I've watched them directly on Rockstar's site. I've gone out of my way to avoid seeing anything at all that could even slightly spoil anything, outside of the trailers which I'm sure we've ALL watched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters
3 minutes ago, King Vercetti said:

 

I'm sorry, but I'm very confused about what you mean, because I explicitly said I haven't looked up any videos about RDR 2 in at least a year, if not longer. And that includes trailers, as I've watched them directly on Rockstar's site. I've gone out of my way to avoid seeing anything at all that could even slightly spoil anything, outside of the trailers which I'm sure we've ALL watched.

 

I don’t remember you mentioning you haven’t looked up any red dead videos in a year in the original post of yours I quoted. But even then I guess it just goes back to the original point I made; “if you don’t want to get spoiled, stay off the internet”, YouTube algorithms be damned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King Vercetti

I did mention that, but I just think it's really not fair for people to be expected to just cease all internet use for an indefinite period just so that assholes can make some money with clickbaity crappy YouTube videos. The thing is, I agree with you to an extent about people spoiling the game for themselves in terms of watching walkthroughs or looking up things like how to find secrets, etc. but even with that, I would just say it all comes down to the fact that there are tons of different play styles out there, and it's up to the player to decide what they actively seek out, even if they are sort of cheating themselves out of the experience. 

 

All I am saying is that people should be able to go on YouTube, Facebook, or wherever without worrying about a major plot point being spoiled for them in the headline or title of a video. I know youtube's algorythm is partially to blame too, because as Lonely-Martin said, even if you are watching GTA videos, it can still suggest RDR videos too you as well. I get that, but all I'm saying is, does it really have to be so hard for people to just not be asshats for once and not intentionally spoil things for everyone? I feel like a tiny bit of common decency shouldn't be asking too much of people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.