1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Merle Travis

I'm not big on videogame sex, but its kind of silly you can't accept hookers in a western setting.

Merle Travis

Even GTA V had it. This is the wild west - brothels were a big thing on the frontier. Has Rockstar gone PG-13 with sex in their games or whats the deal?

The game has extremely detailed gore, but cant let the player spend a time with hookers? Its kind of weird because you are given two options of "decline" and "refuse", almost like they would have pulled out the "accept" last minute. Why would they pull such a feature from a game that is supposed to be filled with brothels?

Edited by Merle Travis

AdmiralJT

It sorta made sense in the first one because John was always going on about his wife. It seems out of place in this game because Arthur isn't attached to anyone, and if he's still hung up on that woman he was in love with they should have done a better job showing that in the beginning. I got the sense after the first time we see her that he's over her, and it would have made sense that he'd bed down a saloon girl when he and Lenny were getting drunk in Valentine.

All that said I don't really care either way, that's not what I'm playing for, it just doesn't seem to fit Arthur's character.

full_r3trd
5 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

It sorta made sense in the first one because John was always going on about his wife. It seems out of place in this game because Arthur isn't attached to anyone, and if he's still hung up on that woman he was in love with they should have done a better job showing that in the beginning. I got the sense after the first time we see her that he's over her, and it would have made sense that he'd bed down a saloon girl when he and Lenny were getting drunk in Valentine.

All that said I don't really care either way, that's not what I'm playing for, it just doesn't seem to fit Arthur's character.

back then i dont think these guys looked down on people for sleeping with prostitutes... it was normal... you were wandering the country like a nomad, it is expected you would pick up a girl at the saloon. It wasn't frowned upon. Even a couple girls in the gang are prostitutes that make money for the gang. They are not looked down upon at all. The standards were different during this time. I think it is out of place that Arthur avoids women... it is weird to be honest. In a game with brutal violence it is out of place for Arthur to not screw hookers.

Outlaw from the West

“Deluxe” baths were also supposed to include hookers you could bang but instead they just wash your body

R* cockblocks arthur so bad smh

dieseltech20

Hell with a hooker, I would have him motorboating Karen, lol.

izXenon

At the very least we could recieve a handjob during deluxe baths with the foam on the surface of the water concealing the actual act. I can't believe Rockstar overlooked this side of the game.

Pocket Fox

It doesn't really lessen the awesome spectacle of the game, but... why include bath time assistants if they don't offer your Arthur a handy?

I mean... you added horse balls that change in size...but no handy for Arthur, and you wonder WHY he shoots up towns!? 

SAS_Intruder

Agree with op, even more so because of Refuse and Decline options which are both the same. For some reason, I believe they removed the option last moment. Maybe Arthur is homosexual and his previous girl was just distraction? 

PS, I like Karen as well, drunk and crazy lol

Edited by SAS_Intruder

volta2001

It definitely seems like it was cut from the game which is kind of dumb. In a rated M game this shouldn’t be an issue

Cutter De Blanc
3 hours ago, SAS_Intruder said:

Agree with op, even more so because of Refuse and Decline options which are both the same. 

Decline is more polite than refuse

MadHammerThorsteen

Arthur is hung up on his former flame, and he's also implicitly romantically stunted.

saintsrow

Reminds me of Unforgiven, where the whorehouse madam, Alice, says this about William Munny, to the young girl, Delilah:  

DELILAH
Will, the nice one, being so true to his wife and all ---

ALICE
Wife? He ain't got no wife!

DELILAH
Oh, yes he does. He said ---

ALICE
I told you he ain't got no wife. Not above ground anyways.

Maybe this is this is the hidden, symbolic story meaning behind Arthur's line, "Whayre's ah munneh?"  😛

Gallows

Always found the sex in GTA silly and irrelevant. It’s not like it has ever been great gameplay and the fascination with digital boobs is just awkward 😂

TheSantader25

Arthur ain't comfortable around women. R* don't wanna hurt his feelings. 

Lance_Vance89

We just have to accept that Rockstar isn't the same edgy company they were.

Edited by Lance_Vance89

L1337

I agreed with this opinion before I finished the game, but nearing the end he says some things that explains why he wont mess around with random girls

Jimmy Darmody

Arthur is a very manly man.
All that aggression.
All that "camaraderie" with the men in the gang.
The awkwardness and confusion around his only female prospect (and failure to woo her)
The hesitance in hiring prostitute services

It's very obvious.

Rockstar is trying to tell us that Arthur is...

A closeted homosexual.

Makes perfect sense.

Edited by Jimmy Darmody

guardian1816

I keep seeing posts like this and people are more upset about the lack of "spank" material than I thought they would be  lol

Bakkerbaard
On 11/3/2018 at 6:26 PM, Merle Travis said:

The game has extremely detailed gore, but cant let the player spend a time with hookers?

It's always amazed me that it's perfectly fine to put new holes into a girl, but filling the ones she already has is bad.

Boozey St John

This probably doesn't make sense but I figured that since Arthur protects/looks after a few of the prostitutes in the group, he doesn't find them (prostitutes) sexually stimulating. 

full_r3trd

it's just another reason for parents to talk sh*t, rockstar probably didnt want to listen to a bunch of nagging soccer moms crying how their precious little baby is being corrupted

3 minutes ago, Boozey St James said:

This probably doesn't make sense but I figured that since Arthur protects/looks after a few of the prostitutes in the group, he doesn't find them (prostitutes) sexually stimulating. 

im sorry but that is not valid reason for a heterosexual male that sleeps in a sleeping bag in the middle of the woods and he is an alcoholic that eats cocaine gum and is single

Edited by full_r3trd

Bakkerbaard
7 minutes ago, Boozey St James said:

I like that. I'm going with this one.

Coranub

I felt sexually frustrated after trying out the bath feature. What the hell did i just pay for? Did i get stiffed? No pun intended. :dontgetit:

saintsrow
On 11/4/2018 at 4:08 AM, Lance_Vance89 said:

We just have to accept that Rockstar isn't the same edgy company they were.

Rockstar became the company that they are, because the GTA III outrage, "You can have sex with a hooker and then kill her," hit the mainstream news and mainstream culture like a two-by-four upside the head, breaking out the GTA series from a popular little niche among button-mashing gamers, straight into the heart of American entertainment.  The rest is history.  

Rockstar doesn't need the shock value any more.  Their protags can be noble, like Arthur, from here on out.  

PS:  Now this presents a good reason to have multiple protags in the game, if Rockstar could get it right.  The main protag, the square-jawed hero, could be a noble white knight, busting heads and righting wrongs for justice, while the scumbag Trevor/Micah protags could be skirt-chasing sleazebags, always making sex jokes, and always ready for the next roll with a streetgirl.  

Edited by saintsrow

Coranub

Imagine Arthur running out of the bathroom and down the stairs with only a little soap bubbles covering his private parts yelling "What the hell kinda businesses are you running here ?!":lol:

AdmiralJT
6 hours ago, saintsrow said:

PS:  Now this presents a good reason to have multiple protags in the game, if Rockstar could get it right.  The main protag, the square-jawed hero, could be a noble white knight, busting heads and righting wrongs for justice, while the scumbag Trevor/Micah protags could be skirt-chasing sleazebags, always making sex jokes, and always ready for the next roll with a streetgirl.  

Wouldn't be better to let the players decide? If this is supposed to be an open world, why aren't all options on the table all the time. One thing Indo not like is being forced to go down a particular path. I want to live in the world and make my own decisions, not be forced to follow the preset narrative that everyone else follows. 

I get it that to follow the story arc there are certain things that have to happen. But when I'm off roaming the world I should be able to make my own decisions and live with those consequences. 

GusMcCree

Ok ..a little sex is in game ...sean and karen after the party have it in a tent.

loyletomycapo
19 hours ago, Jimmy Darmody said:

Arthur is a very manly man.
All that aggression.
All that "camaraderie" with the men in the gang.
The awkwardness and confusion around his only female prospect (and failure to woo her)
The hesitance in hiring prostitute services

It's very obvious.

Rockstar is trying to tell us that Arthur is...

A closeted homosexual.

Makes perfect sense.

There's gonna be so much Arthur/Dutch fan-fic, isn't there?

TheSantader25

I love how when someone does not want to have sex with Prostitutes they suddenly turn into a GAY man. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Lance_Vance89
11 hours ago, GusMcCree said:

Ok ..a little sex is in game ...sean and karen after the party have it in a tent.

To be honest, that was over so quickly I would barely call it sex lol.