4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Stek

Vehicles red dead online

Stek

Hello everyone.i have some questions 

1. Do you think there will be vehicles like gta v in red dead online ?planes? Or just horses and wagons ?

2. How do I put music in the game ? I have the option example like the radio in gta v or it’s been play automatically throw the world ? Because I don’t hear music and I’m 10 hours at least in the game ..

Edited by Stek

Collibosher

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1039787/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-multiplayer-When-does-Red-Dead-Online-come-out

Data miners believe they have found evidence that players will be able to buy vehicles and properties when Red Dead Online fully launches.

From what has been shared online, players will be able to burchase wagons with mounted weapons on them, among other items.

giphy.gif

Edited by Collibosher
text background

The FoolYT

At the very least, I guess you could always shoot the horses carrying the wagon to prevent them from moving the mounted weapon.

I believe wagons will be in the game easily.

There is no radio and you just have to listen to the background audio pretty much.

12 hours ago, Stek said:

Hello everyone.i have some questions 

1. Do you think there will be vehicles like gta v in red dead online ?planes? Or just horses and wagons ?

2. How do I put music in the game ? I have the option example like the radio in gta v or it’s been play automatically throw the world ? Because I don’t hear music and I’m 10 hours at least in the game ..

HockeyMike24

Oh god I hope not. In a few years from now they will be flying and dropping carpet bombs

Commander S

Said it elsewhere: even though a chuckwagon with a gatling gun isn't totally unreasonable/unrealistic (it's in The Outlaw Josey Wales, for one), it's a bit worrying - not because it's a harbinger of being able to buy 'Weaponized Thoroughbreds' down the line, but more because it suggests R* didn't learn anything from leaving the Rhino in GTAO (remember how Rhino griefing was such a pain in the arse that R* had to nerf it?).

The property stuff sounds more like the different campsite themes, which is fine - I like how we can pick cosmetic variations for our homes, which is something still very much lacking in GTAO. And as for vehicles, I do like the idea of buying a wagon (I get that stagecoaches are more practical, but I'd love something more like a carriage or buggy, m'self...) - wonder if that'd mean using them a some kind of travelling storage, letting you carry all of your weapons/items/outfits, compared to the more limited room on your horse's saddle.

IamCourtney

If the mounted gun wagons are like the ones I've encountered so far in single player then I think I'm okay with it... the gun can only fire backward with fairly limited angles of traversal in all directions. Powerful within its field of fire but easily flanked.

flysky578
On 11/3/2018 at 10:52 PM, The FoolYT said:

There is no radio and you just have to listen to the background audio pretty much.

Get the voicechat option ready on "all" to hear the screaming cowboy, overplayed bad quality chart hits and people who breath like Darth Vader..who wouldnt call that "radio" :D

DentureDynamite

Just do an image search on the web for "armored wagons" (and don't forget "armored train wagons") and then inject the results with microtransaction steroids...

Edited by DentureDynamite

NoEasyDay

A lot of people cry about weaponized vehicles in GTA online, but for me, that was one of my favorite parts about it. Take away the war toys and the world would have been pretty boring imo. 

Grinding to buy the crazy toys is the reason why me and all my friends logged in every day and put in so much work. 

Commander S

I mean, the day they let players buy the flying train from Back to the Future 3 (with rocket launchers, obviously) is the day I move on from RDO - and it'd be R*'s way of telling me not to bother with any future "_______ Online" games, because it'd just be a matter of time before things like setting and verisimilitude went out the window, all in favour of increasingly expensive, out-of-place gimmicks.

For now, at least, there's a decent variety of period-appropriate vehicles they could let us have - turns out there are Brougham carriages in Saint Denis and elsewhere, so I'd definitely want to get one of those ASAP. :)

seegkilla
On 11/5/2018 at 4:02 AM, White Shark said:

Oh FFS. Wagons with mounted weapons? Vehicles?! Just stop, R*. For Christ's sake, JUST STOP.

Vehicles arent cars lol the vehicules are wagons stagecoach etc. what is wrong with mounted weapons. And honestly what were you thinking they were gonna do online to make money. Clothing... more revolver skin... more horses...

White Shark
56 minutes ago, seegkilla said:

Vehicles arent cars lol the vehicules are wagons stagecoach etc. what is wrong with mounted weapons. And honestly what were you thinking they were gonna do online to make money. Clothing... more revolver skin... more horses...

Early versions of cars existed in the setting, so it worries me thing could be added, which it shouldn't.  Basically, I don't want the world of Red Dead Redemption to be flooded with overpowered "vehicles", weapons etc because griefers just ruin the experience for everyone using noob, easy-killing features.  GTA Online exists to fill that void.

djb204

I sure as hell hope not. If anyone wants that then there is an another game called GTA Online that has what you crave. Do not, I repeat DO NOT ruin this Old West game with cars, planes, etc.

White Shark
50 minutes ago, djb204 said:

I sure as hell hope not. If anyone wants that then there is an another game called GTA Online that has what you crave. Do not, I repeat DO NOT ruin this Old West game with cars, planes, etc.

Exactly!

seegkilla
3 hours ago, White Shark said:

Early versions of cars existed in the setting, so it worries me thing could be added, which it shouldn't.  Basically, I don't want the world of Red Dead Redemption to be flooded with overpowered "vehicles", weapons etc because griefers just ruin the experience for everyone using noob, easy-killing features.  GTA Online exists to fill that void.

yes i am aware of that but the "vehicles" that the leaks are talking about are stage coach and wagon with mounted weapons definetly not cars.

White Shark
2 hours ago, seegkilla said:

yes i am aware of that but the "vehicles" that the leaks are talking about are stage coach and wagon with mounted weapons definetly not cars.

Even wagons with mounted weapons will ruin the western setting, as every dickhead will have one.  It will go from Wild West to Wild Wild West, Will Smith style.

Gallows
On 11/5/2018 at 10:02 AM, White Shark said:

Oh FFS. Wagons with mounted weapons? Vehicles?! Just stop, R*. For Christ's sake, JUST STOP.

Agreed. If this is their Master plan they will f*ck up the game.

Lonely-Martin

Yeah, for all the good potential I see and hope grows. There really is a far larger list of how they can just f*ck it all up too. Huge!

As I said elsewhere, if this game is to begin where GTA:O left off, and we'll see it far quicker after GTA:O. Zero interest in that.

PvE lobbies sounds epic. But there's websites dedicated to exploits. Once this crazy sh*t comes in any capacity, unless R* are serious about combating it, it'll be a matter of time before the grief finds its way in to poison this beauty too.

It's why I hope the Deluxo isn't used as a BTTF gag. (As cool as it would be).

IamCourtney

I have mixed feelings regarding weaponized carts and primitive automobiles, so I'll suspend judgement until I see exactly if/how they're implemented.

I just hope we're able to own one of those small Two Wheels, One Horse carts we see in single player. Whipping around on them at top speed until you inevitably crash and die is crazy fun and racing others with them would be incredible.

D9fred95
On 11/3/2018 at 5:52 PM, The FoolYT said:

At the very least, I guess you could always shoot the horses carrying the wagon to prevent them from moving the mounted weapon.

"For the low, low price of 300k, you can suit your wagon horses up with state of the art, highly resistant armor".

RyuNova
7 minutes ago, D9fred95 said:

"For the low, low price of 300k, you can suit your wagon horses up with state of the art, highly resistant armor".

You joke but I can see "Horse Armour" being a thing. How do you totally cripple someone in one shot? Kill their Horse and they are forced on foot. Kill some guys Horse in the middle of nowhere and hes either forced to walk back or steal one and get a Bounty. I can see Horse Armour being a thing.

h1r0ll3r
On 11/5/2018 at 4:02 AM, White Shark said:

These do exist in campaign mode so don't be surprised when these show up in online. That said, if I see armor plated stage coaches with dual gatling guns mounted on it then I'll be spending most of my time in private lobbies. 

DentureDynamite

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barding

Once again, my take on this is just because something existed in time doesn't mean it's relevant to the wild west.

But I suspect Rockstar will quickly give that perspective the royal shaft, because we know how much they've cared in the past...