Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Cutter De Blanc

SPOILER:Hunting in Guarma

Recommended Posts

Cutter De Blanc

According to the compendium I should be using a bow to kill animals in Guarma, the problem is there's no bow in Guarma. And time doesn't pass. How am I supposed to hunt the exotic animals properly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowfennekin

I believe that we were meant to have a bow there at some point during development and that's why that text is there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
silly_nate

They NEED to release an update/patch with the ability to go back to Guarma via the docks at Blackwater and Saint Denis.

Unacceptable.

Why put these exotic animals with no way of hunting them properly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crm114

Guarma was one of the weakest parts of the story imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JC_HUMBLE
14 minutes ago, Crm114 said:

Guarma was one of the weakest parts of the story imo

It was a cool feature but I wanted to go back to Lemoyne so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blasterman4EVER

So... impossible to get the necessary items to make all of the clothes unless you get them there? In the story? Seriously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oCrapaCreeper

I feel like Guarma was supposed to be something bigger but then they cut a lot of stuff, which is understandable since it kind of dragged on when you just wanted to get back to the main map. Things like unfinished hunting they forgot to remove seems to be some of the stuff left over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

This place is gonna annoy trophy hunters, one of the trophies is to skin every animal in the game

 

At least the one where you have to study them all is limited to the states

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Watain
1 hour ago, Crm114 said:

Guarma was one of the weakest parts of the story imo

I agree. It was a surprise element in the story, but unfortunately it just felt distracting and too dragged out in the end. It didn't really add anything vital to the story either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

Guarma is just strange, you get to free roam in an area about 3 acres wide, if you go anywhere else you get killed because you're woefully underequipped and Wanted Dead Or Alive. The whole town seems detailed, but nearly impossible to explore effectively 

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

I agree It felt out of place. It was my least Favorite part of the story but thankfully it was short. The most important thing though is that it made the whole riding back to shady belle with that song more memorable cause you were away from them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oCrapaCreeper

Apparently there's a way to get back to the island via out of bonds. You have to glitch into mexico first, travel across it, then get behind it and walk for a long time.

 

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeonVegaSuarez

I don't mind missing out on those Guarma animals. I played through that part as fast as I could really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

(Ignore, I was wrong :))

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Penicuikscotland2010
2 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Apparently there's a way to get back to the island via out of bonds. You have to glitch into mexico first, travel across it, then get behind it and walk for a long time.

 

So cool. Too bad it will get patched....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldsport
12 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Guarma is just strange, you get to free roam in an area about 3 acres wide, if you go anywhere else you get killed because you're woefully underequipped and Wanted Dead Or Alive. The whole town seems detailed, but nearly impossible to explore effectively 

there was a town in guarma? i didnt explore that place at all , i was just doing missions cause i wanted to leave lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV

Maybe guarma will be dlc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JC_HUMBLE

Can someone list all unique animals of Guarma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AUScowboy
23 hours ago, GroveStGTAV said:

Maybe guarma will be dlc

Guarma and Mexico DLC with the ability to fast travel by ship as Silly Nate said a few posts above. I want a bunch of ponchos too dammit. 

 

I've found a few exotic birds in the new map, but would much prefer to be able to hunt Guarma and Mexico.

Edited by AUScowboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singemfrc
On 11/2/2018 at 10:56 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

According to the compendium I should be using a bow to kill animals in Guarma, the problem is there's no bow in Guarma. And time doesn't pass. How am I supposed to hunt the exotic animals properly?

It doesn't matter because you have no horse and there's no trapper or merchants, so you cant take any pelts. The only thing you can take off Guarma are small things like feathers and meat. So just fire away with any weapon (But dont waste rifle ammo since its the only one not stocked at the camp, you may need it for the Dutch mission)

The only reason to bother shooting any animals on Guarma is for the exclusives to complete the compendium - parrots, the booby, and the snakes. Doesnt matter what weapon you use.
Notice the wording in the compendium, it doesnt say "Use a bow for a clean kill" it says "The most effective way to hunt them is with small arrows" it's phrasing reveals that they don't expect you to be able to do it, it's just telling you that when one hunts this animal, this would theoretically be the best way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singemfrc
7 hours ago, Shinola Gamer said:

Can someone list all unique animals of Guarma.

Blue And Yellow Macaw, Scarlet Macaw, Great Green Macaw (all very common), Red-Footed Booby (Rare but easy to find), Red-Tailed Boa Snake, Rainbow Boa Snake, Sunglow Boa Snake, Fer-De-Lance Snake.

The Boas are moderately difficult but they respawn fairly quickly in two places. The Fer-De-Lance snake is the toughest by far to get, it only spawns in one place randomly and runs, and gets itself killed making it hard to track when it does spawn. I saw one person say they saw one in New Austin, but haven't confirmed it. The Boas and Macaws 100% do not spawn anywhere other than Guarma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JC_HUMBLE
2 minutes ago, singemfrc said:

Blue And Yellow Macaw, Scarlet Macaw, Great Green Macaw (all very common), Red-Footed Booby (Rare but easy to find), Red-Tailed Boa Snake, Rainbow Boa Snake, Sunglow Boa Snake, Fer-De-Lance Snake.

The Boas are moderately difficult but they respawn fairly quickly in two places. The Fer-De-Lance snake is the toughest by far to get, it only spawns in one place randomly and runs, and gets itself killed making it hard to track when it does spawn. I saw one person say they saw one in New Austin, but haven't confirmed it. The Boas and Macaws 100% do not spawn anywhere other than Guarma.

Thanks man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DirtCheap

I'm fairly certain you don't have to study/hunt Guarma's birds and snakes as you only have 2 small opportunities to get them and the snakes' spawn location is tiny so there's no way R* that cruel to make those 2 trophies missable. Plus that bastard Fer-de-Lance spawns after many hours so there's no way R* is that evil.

 

Anyway, it's been confirmed you don't have to get them:

 

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67261-zoologist-skin-deep-achieved-helpful-tip/

 

 

I could be wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lol232

It's kinda sh*tty because you only get one shot at it in Guarma, you only have one side mission, and if you begin Dutch's mission, you won't get any more free-roam time despite a sh*tton missions happening over there. Luckily on my first playthru I just played for the main story so whatever.

 

 

Edited by lol232

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xTeeManx

Thing that pisses me off the most is it FORCES YOU TO DO THE MISSIONS RIGHT AWAY. It doesn't let you f*cking explore AT ALL. I was able to defeat the guards on my own, but after escaping the rest, the game kills me anyways, even though I wasnt being shot at or anything... Its f*cking stupid. The island is massive and I love exploring the game, I want to explore the island without glitching dammit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDadRedemption

I found a green iguana on a island south of lemoyne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
4 hours ago, xTeeManx said:

Thing that pisses me off the most is it FORCES YOU TO DO THE MISSIONS RIGHT AWAY. It doesn't let you f*cking explore AT ALL. I was able to defeat the guards on my own, but after escaping the rest, the game kills me anyways, even though I wasnt being shot at or anything... Its f*cking stupid. The island is massive and I love exploring the game, I want to explore the island without glitching dammit.

 

The whole Chapter 5 was a letdown, it was like watching a quicktime event movie, couldn't really do anything at all, just follow the script. The weakest part of the game by far... should have been dropped from the game tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xTeeManx
4 hours ago, O.Z said:

 

The whole Chapter 5 was a letdown, it was like watching a quicktime event movie, couldn't really do anything at all, just follow the script. The weakest part of the game by far... should have been dropped from the game tbh

As a story perspective it's fine, as it's the key turning point for Arthur. He finally, truly sees Dutch for what he really is, he officially gives up on him all together & starts questioning him even more. It's also what made his disease accelerate extremely fast. I think the island originally was supposed to have more detail to it regarding missions and such but for some stupid reason, Rockstar decided to cut it.

 

As an exploration perspective it's completely trash. 2 missions & little no no exploration options? like c'mon. Hopefully Rockstar will make a DLC involving it or bring it to R.D.O. My thought is that maybe Guarma will be one of the maps for the Battle Royale mode, it'd be pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowfennekin

I'm the only one that liked Guarma? I thought it was a unique and refreshing experience like North Yankton in GTA V.

A shame they didn't learn their lesson and let you visit Guarma again, hopefully they actually use this location Online. You could have some sick MP action there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xTeeManx
15 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

I'm the only one that liked Guarma? I thought it was a unique and refreshing experience like North Yankton in GTA V.

A shame they didn't learn their lesson and let you visit Guarma again, hopefully they actually use this location Online. You could have some sick MP action there

I think we all love Guarma by itself, but we all hate the fact it heavily restricts your options whilst on the options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.