2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

djb204

November is here, BETA release date?

VolumeRX
3 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

Again, excuses for what?

Hiding behind what?

It is so far from fact that it doesn't even make sense.

My point is that there is no way to reproduce and test  or predict what will happen when a game goes live on-line.

Call it what you will, but a time frame set aside for grand scale testing is a GOOD thing and you are presenting it like it is a BAD thing.

It makes no sense.

Behind the bugs that will come with their Official Multiplayer, so that when people complain, they have the excuse to say "ofcourse, it's just a Beta". they label as "BETA" when it isn't. I don't have problems with Betas at all, I know Beta's and even full games come with bugs, the fact that they are calling it a Beta when it really isn't is what's annoying me. It's not coming before the game gets released (like betas do), It will also only be given to the people that purchased the game, a Beta mostly contains an Open beta too but this is to the people that bought the game only, so - a MP, not a Beta.

Smokewood
20 minutes ago, VolumeRX said:

Behind the bugs that will come with their Official Multiplayer, so that when people complain, they have the excuse to say "ofcourse, it's just a Beta". they label as "BETA" when it isn't. I don't have problems with Betas at all, I know Beta's and even full games come with bugs, the fact that they are calling it a Beta when it really isn't is what's annoying me. It's not coming before the game gets released (like betas do), It will also only be given to the people that purchased the game, a Beta mostly contains an Open beta too but this is to the people that bought the game only, so - a MP, not a Beta.

Oh my.. You are clueless...

It's the BETA release for the online portion of the game. How is that hard to understand.

Yes there will be bugs. How is having a BETA period hiding.

Not having a beta period would be hiding.

You have it backwards.

Have a great day!

fatdog
9 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

He is probably a bot of the other troll, who started this nonsense and got addressed by mods. Don't hesitate to report him too, if you can tell he is deliberately avoiding common sense.

Edited by fatdog

Smokewood
19 minutes ago, fatdog said:

He is probably a bot of the other troll, who started this nonsense and got addressed by mods. Don't hesitate to report him too, if you can tell he is deliberately avoiding common sense.

I don't report people, I just give up on them....

Sobchak

If we don't hear anything by next week it might end up being delayed by a few weeks or a month from now. Seems odd that there hasn't been any news about online since release.

KingpinRCR
1 hour ago, Smokewood said:

It's the BETA release for the online portion of the game. How is that hard to understand.

Yes there will be bugs. How is having a BETA period hiding.

Not having a beta period would be hiding.

You have it backwards.

Have a great day!

His problem is the fact that the beta is a part of a game that you have paid for instead of pre release.  It’s not hard to understand if you’re willing to.

(Edit: i’ll bet you’ll respond with “but it’s pre release of rdro.”. Altough r* says it’s a standalone, it’s not, it’s just the online part of rdr2, you can’t play rdro without buying rdr2. With that in mind the beta isn’t pre release as it should’ve been)

Edited by KingpinRCR

Smokewood
8 minutes ago, KingpinRCR said:

His problem is the fact that the beta is a part of a game that you have paid for instead of pre release.  It’s not hard to understand if you’re willing to.

(Edit: i’ll bet you’ll respond with “but it’s pre release of rdro.”. Altough r* says it’s a standalone, it’s not, it’s just the online part of rdr2, you can’t play rdro without buying rdr2. With that in mind the beta isn’t pre release as it should’ve been)

so you want them to have an open beta for online before story mode is released, or just before RDO is released?

I mean, ok I guess but then the release date for story mode would have been pushed back till 2019.

KingpinRCR

Why would one affect the other?  I beta tested AC brotherhood mp pre release, it didn’t affect the releasedate of sp nor mp.

(Edit: granted, it didn’t use the same map, so it didn’t spoil anything)

Edited by KingpinRCR

djb204

T - Minus 10 days 

wehweh01
43 minutes ago, djb204 said:

T - Minus 10 days 

Probably less than that. Rockstar hasn't admitted to postponing it's initial Online release which is still sometime in November. Gonna guess it'll launch without a hitch. 

fatdog

Trailer on friday, anyone?

Smokewood
1 minute ago, fatdog said:

Trailer on friday, anyone?

I'm pretty sure they are closed on that day for Thanksgiving.

TiberiusMcQueen
47 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

I'm pretty sure they are closed on that day for Thanksgiving.

Yes, they're closed for Thanksgiving Friday, the day before Black Saturday, the biggest shopping day of the year, also pretty close to cyber tuesday.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen

Smokewood
46 minutes ago, TiberiusMcQueen said:

Yes, they're closed for Thanksgiving Friday, the day before Black Saturday, the biggest shopping day of the year, also pretty close to cyber tuesday.

They are not a retail store. Black FRIDAY doesn't mean jack to them. I'm pretty sure they have been in the black all damn year!

Dr.Rosenthal

"Online Beta will be released in November." - Rockstar

Online Beta gets released last day of November.

Classic Rockstar (not complaining, I'm patient as can be, I just think it's funny is all).

Tazzytizer

This debating is silly, saying it's a beta or not doesn't affect what will come later this month.. 

It's probably going to have hundreds of thousands of people flooding the servers at once, I think it's unreasonable to assume that it's going to be a smooth launch anyway?

djb204
5 hours ago, wehweh01 said:

Probably less than that. Rockstar hasn't admitted to postponing it's initial Online release which is still sometime in November. Gonna guess it'll launch without a hitch. 

I know friend. I was just stating how many days are left for Rockstar to maintain their “end of November “ claim.

GenericGTAO

Everyday that passes makes it seem more likely that this date is going to be delayed.  Here in the U.S., we have Thanksgiving then Black Friday.  Then the weekend and it seems odd that they have not released any information.  You would think the marketing would be trying to cash in on sales and marketing the newest and greatest thing RDO.  Buy a PS4 with game RDO is coming next week...something like that.  I guess the day isnt over but, I think is getting delayed at this point.

TiberiusMcQueen
1 hour ago, Smokewood said:

They are not a retail store. Black FRIDAY doesn't mean jack to them. I'm pretty sure they have been in the black all damn year!

You miss the point I was sarcastically trying to make, Thanksgiving is a thursday, not a friday, so why in the hell would they be closed?

roggek
1 hour ago, Tazzytizer said:

This debating is silly, saying it's a beta or not doesn't affect what will come later this month.. 

It's probably going to have hundreds of thousands of people flooding the servers at once, I think it's unreasonable to assume that it's going to be a smooth launch anyway?

I think they start in "very small scale" just to not flooding the servers...Maybe US first then Europé?
RDRO Beta is probably a selected audience of players (Named in the credits)

R* stated that beta starts in november, but not specifying acess for everyone...

Edited by roggek

Smokewood
13 minutes ago, TiberiusMcQueen said:

You miss the point I was sarcastically trying to make, Thanksgiving is a thursday, not a friday, so why in the hell would they be closed?

No, I caught it... I figured that everyone was aware that most American companies take Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving. I have NEVER worked on the day after Thanksgiving as it is part of the two day holiday.

Then I thought, maybe he thinks retail is important to rockstar... it isn't. 

Dr.Rosenthal

@roggek Just imagine the insane backlash if they now came out and said ”Oh and by the way, Online will only be available in the US until January.”

No. They already mentioned the restrictions, and they are ”Red Dead Online is planned for launch in November 2018, initially as a public beta, [...] Access to Red Dead Online is free to anyone with a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 on either Playstation 4 or Xbox One.”

Says it all.

AUScowboy

Dafug R*..? I should be used to this by now from years of vaguery and lack of communication waiting for GTAO updates, I just thought maybe they would be a bit more communicative when it came to releasing RDO. Guess not..

Jason

If we get nothing this week then it could be pushed into December or something. Still time though, I aint worrying just yet.

Also yea, they won't restrict it to US or EU, that's asking for a kicking from fans.

ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, AUScowboy said:

Dafug R*..? I should be used to this by now from years of vaguery and lack of communication waiting for GTAO updates, I just thought maybe they would be a bit more communicative when it came to releasing RDO. Guess not..

Yeah, for anyone who's played and followed GTAO over the years, this situation has a familiar manure like stench about it.

wehweh01
3 hours ago, GenericGTAO said:

Everyday that passes makes it seem more likely that this date is going to be delayed.  Here in the U.S., we have Thanksgiving then Black Friday.  Then the weekend and it seems odd that they have not released any information.  You would think the marketing would be trying to cash in on sales and marketing the newest and greatest thing RDO.  Buy a PS4 with game RDO is coming next week...something like that.  I guess the day isnt over but, I think is getting delayed at this point.

There isn't anything to cash out on though. It's literally being launched as a beta. 

2054867851e75429a5fc0b9e25d6b4d52d6749b9.jpg

MostlyPonies

@wehweh01 

Rockstar doesn't want a backlash from getting peoples hopes up, but if they wanted to risk it, they could cash in on Black Friday. Doesn't matter if it's in beta or even if it's out by then, people will buy it on Black Friday to eventually play Red Dead Online.

Watain
32 minutes ago, MostlyPonies said:

@wehweh01 

Rockstar doesn't want a backlash from getting peoples hopes up, but if they wanted to risk it, they could cash in on Black Friday. Doesn't matter if it's in beta or even if it's out by then, people will buy it on Black Friday to eventually play Red Dead Online.

This.

Besides, didn't R* say at one point that they didn't wanna repeat broken promises of content releases? I'm thinking about the heists for GTA. I have some kind of recollection they said something like that after the heists were finally released.

I still think RDO(B) might come in November. There's still time. It's just kind of tedious having to wait until the very end of November. Sometimes I wish R* would give us solid dates on stuff other than base games.

Edited by Watain

roggek
7 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

@roggek Just imagine the insane backlash if they now came out and said ”Oh and by the way, Online will only be available in the US until January.”

No. They already mentioned the restrictions, and they are ”Red Dead Online is planned for launch in November 2018, initially as a public beta, [...] Access to Red Dead Online is free to anyone with a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 on either Playstation 4 or Xbox One.”

Says it all.

You forgot the legal terms:

Online legal services

And the last sentence reads:

The Company may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Online Services without notice.

Edited by roggek

ghostsoap01
2 hours ago, roggek said:

You forgot the legal terms:

Online legal services

And the last sentence reads:

I could very well be wrong, but I think the context of that may be more for banning people.