4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

TheSantader25

The Red Dead Redemption 2 "Constructive Criticism" Thread

Mike R.L.

seemed like it was in the right place! 

Yeah there are niggles but not too much! the good most certainly outweighs the niggles! Definitely a game I feel that has been built to play on your own and get your own thing out of it. they've taken some cues from Bethesda here too in a little way, which you'll notice when you play 

UKPortista

First small nitpicky niggle is the way the guy talks at the beginning....paus-ing...bet-ween...al-most...ev-er-y...syl-la-ble...and...word.

Get on with it f*cker...I want to play.

Edited by UKPortista

Halal Cyborg

*Buys bundle with one x that includes red dead - doesn’t receive it on release date*

Game 👏 

OurJud
9 minutes ago, Mike R.L. said:

seemed like it was in the right place! 

Yeah there are niggles but not too much! the good most certainly outweighs the niggles! Definitely a game I feel that has been built to play on your own and get your own thing out of it. they've taken some cues from Bethesda here too in a little way, which you'll notice when you play 

Yeah, I just meant wrong place because the appreciation thread has had pages of new posts since last night.

Anyway, great to hear you make comparisons to Bethesda in relation to single player vibes. I'll still be waiting a while, though, just to get a better grip on the things people don't like. The things people do like are all well and good, but not much help.

Edited by OurJud

GN 92

Not sure if this thread fits this comment but anyway: I gotta work the whole f*cking day and can't f*cking play until 6 f*cking pm.

UKPortista

I totally get the clumsy/clunky feel thing. It just doesn't feel anywhere near as fluid or as organic at GTA(V). 

Early days though...just gotta get used to the change in style and play, I suppose.

TheSantader25
32 minutes ago, UKPortista said:

First small nitpicky niggle is the way the guy talks at the beginning....paus-ing...bet-ween...al-most...ev-er-y...syl-la-ble...and...word.

Get on with it f*cker...I want to play.

Well it's clear why isn't it?(spoilers so I won't say exactly why but you get it) 

OurJud

Just called in at Game to have a look. The prices for anything other than the base game are ridiculous (not that £50 for new releases isn't ridiculous in itself).

Well R* you can go take a long walk off a short pier with this one. I'll be waiting 12 months, at least, before I drop any money for this - and even then only if I can get it for less that £20.

It's just a game for heaven's sake. You've no right to be asking for that kind of money. And more fool those who fork out the best part of £100 for this!

deadx23

I tried to play yesterday night, but I fell asleep playing another game, woke up at 12 midnight to go to sleep 😭 damn alcohol *shakes fist- 

Doodling Hitman
5 minutes ago, OurJud said:

Just called in at Game to have a look. The prices for anything other than the base game are ridiculous (not that £50 for new releases isn't ridiculous in itself).

Well R* you can go take a long walk off a short pier with this one. I'll be waiting 12 months, at least, before I drop any money for this - and even then only if I can get it for less that £20.

It's just a game for heaven's sake. You've no right to be asking for that kind of money. And more fool those who fork out the best part of £100 for this!

Games have always been 50/60 bucks. It takes longer and longer to make a new game every time with more and more detail to be added. Just save up or wait for a deal like you said. I don't see the issue here.

chronic lumbago
4 minutes ago, OurJud said:

You can be salty about it all you want but you really don't know what you're missing. I doubt you will wait that long. 

Anyways, a very minor complain but I noticed that dirty clothes don't show up in the mirror. After a few (mis)adventures, I wanted to take a yood look at myself and noticed that I looked completely clean in the mirror.

OurJud
16 minutes ago, Doodling Hitman said:

Games have always been 50/60 bucks. It takes longer and longer to make a new game every time with more and more detail to be added. Just save up or wait for a deal like you said. I don't see the issue here.

Oh, I know. It's just me being a skint flint. It's not so much the £50 for the base game (like you say, as I did, all new AAA releases are that much) but it was the £79 for the SE that shocked me.

15 minutes ago, 1972 said:

You can be salty about it all you want but you really don't know what you're missing. I doubt you will wait that long. 

Yes, I doubt it, too, in truth. I'm just bitter because I can't afford a copy.

Sad thing is GTAV is still fetching £20 used. I'll be waiting approximately seven years before this comes down to a reasonable price.

Edited by OurJud

feckyerlife
16 hours ago, O.Z said:

To make money of course...

what if we want to pay for those things in single player? makes no sense

Doodling Hitman
8 minutes ago, OurJud said:

Oh, I know. It's just me being a skint flint. It's not so much the £50 for the base game (like you say, as I did, all new AAA releases are that much) but it was the £79 for the SE that shocked me.

Oh yeh, all those special editions mean nothing to me. I am only interested in collectors editions. RDR2's collectors editions was not worth its money to me, so I am fine with the standard. But, I got the standard for free with my purchase of an Xbox One X.  :]

Edited by Doodling Hitman

feckyerlife
1 hour ago, GN 1992 said:

Not sure if this thread fits this comment but anyway: I gotta work the whole f*cking day and can't f*cking play until 6 f*cking pm.

I get home at 530 but still gotta install it :(

Shadowfennekin

I buy a physical version for a f*cking reason!

Been 20 minutes and it's only at 12% installed!

Any other company you could slide in the disc and begin playing by this time.....

RiseAbove44
23 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Any other company you could slide in the disc and begin playing by this time.....

No, you really can't. This is just a fact of modern gaming, hardly Rockstar's fault

Doodling Hitman
36 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Why is it so hard to wait for it to install? A lot of you guys seem to have zero patience, lol.

Timcatgt5
4 minutes ago, Doodling Hitman said:

Why is it so hard to wait for it to install? A lot of you guys seem to have zero patience, lol.

This compared to people having to wait for the PC version because they don't have a console. 

I guess some people just want to brag about completing the game first in their school, or getting all trophies, or even finding out about the ending. 

OurJud
13 minutes ago, Doodling Hitman said:

Eager beavers :D

Start the install >> switch PS4 into sleep mode >> go do stuff for a few hours >> Bingo!

Edited by OurJud

Doodling Hitman
25 minutes ago, Timcatgt5 said:

This compared to people having to wait for the PC version because they don't have a console. 

I guess some people just want to brag about completing the game first in their school, or getting all trophies, or even finding out about the ending. 

I myself will definitely get the pc version, but I must admit. I can't wait for that long, lol. Just got an Xbox One X myself. But I won't be playing until December.

20 minutes ago, OurJud said:

Eager beavers :D

Start the install >> switch PS4 into sleep mode >> go do stuff for a few hours >> Bingo!

Right?

Maybe it's because I am older now, but I got lots of other things to do in the mean time. I guess as a younger teen or kid I'd be more impatient? But as kid I was quite patient all the time as well.

saintsrow
On 10/15/2018 at 7:26 PM, Ol' Stinky Pete said:

Something I noticed in the 2nd gameplay vid when it shows 1st person footage. 

What's with the red hands?  :/  .... 

LED power-up indicators in the stock.  😜

saintsrow

Various minor bitch & moans:  

I work through video games slowly, and I can always complain when starting a new one, due to having to learn all the new controls and concepts.  Same this time.  It'll be OK once I get use to it.  I can see how the RDR2 controls and actions will soon feel more immersive and natural.  

Even though I'm a slow player, I'm also impatient.  I'm tired of the whole snowbound beginning already, and I want to get to the good stuff.  It reminds me of an old Skyrim game that starts in a dungeon, and you have to find and fight your way out, before you can go exploring.  Didn't like it then; don't like it now.  

More generally, it seems like the story (I'm only in the intro) keeps you on rails, rather than fully free.  I'll be glad to get past this part.  

Having Arthur poke around in shelves and cabinets to find things, like a can of beans, or medicine, gives me flashbacks (not in a good way) to an old Fallout I played, which required this kind of scavenging.  

I'm sure the game will grow on me, and I'll spend a couple thousand future hours there.  

Edited by saintsrow

UKPortista
3 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Well it's clear why isn't it?(spoilers so I won't say exactly why but you get it)

It's just a character trait (he continues to talk in that manner throughout)...but it annoys the heck out of me. Like I said, nitpicky. 

Peckinpah

Cannot get by the first mission, the horse is stuck in the f*cking barn every time I attempt it, this will be my 6th go now. Have been looking forward to this soo much I am pretty miserable now.

saintsrow
5 minutes ago, Peckinpah said:

Cannot get by the first mission, the horse is stuck in the f*cking barn every time I attempt it, this will be my 6th go now. Have been looking forward to this soo much I am pretty miserable now.

Took me forever to get close enough to "pat the horse" and then another forever patting it enough to tame it.  When I come up on things like this in video games, I always wonder, "Is this how it was designed, or am I just missing the trick?  Seems like it's taking too long.  Is this kind of thing going to happen again and again throughout the game?"  

EDIT:  I'm with you.  It's these kind of early pointless challenges that totally destroy the beautiful hype I had, going into the game.  I believe the game developers think this is called a "tutorial."  I call it a "hype-killer."  😕

Edited by saintsrow

Peckinpah
1 minute ago, saintsrow said:

Took me forever to get close enough to "pat the horse" and then another forever patting it enough to tame it.  When I come up on things like this in video games, I always wonder, "Is this how it was designed, or am I just missing the trick?  Seems like it's taking too long.  Is this kind of thing going to happen again and again throughout the game?"  

You always feel like it only happens to you as well don't you haha.

Every one of my friends that have the game is far into it and enjoying the hell out of it. I'm honestly close to just turning it off tonight and coming back tomorrow, really infuriating me now. Sick looking at this opening mission now.

Doodling Hitman
21 minutes ago, saintsrow said:

Various minor bitch & moans:  

I work through video games slowly, and I can always complain when starting a new one, due to having to learn all the new controls and concepts.  Same this time.  It'll be OK once I get use to it.  I can see how the RDR2 controls and actions will soon feel more immersive and natural.  

Even though I'm a slow player, I'm also impatient.  I'm tired of the whole snowbound beginning already, and I want to get to the good stuff.  It reminds me of an old Skyrim game that starts in a dungeon, and you have to find and fight your way out, before you can go exploring.  Didn't like it then; don't like it now.  

More generally, it seems like the story (I'm only in the intro) keeps you on rails, rather than fully free.  I'll be glad to get past this part.  

Having Arthur poke around in shelves and cabinets to find things, like a can of beans, or medicine, gives me flashbacks (not in a good way) to an old Fallout I played, which required this kind of scavenging.  

I'm sure the game will grow on me, and I'll spend a couple thousand future hours there.  

I am glad about the cabinets and such, opening each individual drawer and such. Something I have always waited for to do when stealing from a house.

Ice_cold2016
3 hours ago, OurJud said:

Wait till PS5 and it will be playable then. And cheap. 21fps even on Xbox One X.....

SAS_Intruder
7 hours ago, Doodling Hitman said:

What system you play it on and what kind of screen/monitor?

Regular PS4 (cleaned recently ) and some cheap 75 inch TV called Vizio. Picture is set to Computer /Gaming.